Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,940 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me (5275 Views)

A New Five-point Plan To Reduce Immigration Has Been Announced By UK Government / Nigerian Immigration To Introduce Various Visa Categories / Passport: Nigerian Immigration Reacted To Widespread About The New Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by Joecrane(f): 8:04am On Jan 15, 2020
Good morning my great people on this platform. Honestly I have learned a lot of positive lessons from the posts and comments here. Thanks all.

Please house I will need your opinion about this :

" I live in Port Harcourt. And in November 2019 I went to the Nigeria immigration office in Port Harcourt to obtain Nigerian passport ( that's my first time).

Being aware that one can pay for " express " for quick processing, I decided to go with the idea. I paid 40,000 naira for the so called express. I was interviewed and captured the same day and a slip was given to me as I would need to present it to collect my passport. However, I am still shocked that as at today the January 15th 2020, the passport is still not available. The excuse is is that there are no booklet on ground.

Please my great people has anybody had such experience in the past. I mean this guys collected 40k from me for 32 pages, with the assurance that it's going to be an express delivery.

Right now I am devastated as I need that passport urgently for traveling.

Please I will be happy to read your opinions and advice. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by lathrowinger: 8:13am On Jan 15, 2020
This has been their stories everytime. There is always booklet, probably they kept it for their own use in other to get more money, Or the person u gave money to wasn't in good time with those who have it. Or his/her connection ain't strong.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:21am On Jan 15, 2020
I did my own on the 13 of December last month I. 0balende and is out am going todah to come and take it
Why didn't you come to Lagos to do it
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by SeedofDavid: 8:35am On Jan 15, 2020
Joecrane:
Good morning my great people on this platform. Honestly I have learned a lot of positive lessons from the posts and comments here. Thanks all.

Please house I will need your opinion about this :

" I live in Port Harcourt. And in November 2019 I went to the Nigeria immigration office in Port Harcourt to obtain Nigerian passport ( that's my first time).

Being aware that one can pay for " express " for quick processing, I decided to go with the idea. I paid 40,000 naira for the so called express. I was interviewed and captured the same day and a slip was given to me as I would need to present it to collect my passport. However, I am still shocked that as at today the January 15th 2020, the passport is still not available. The excuse is is that there are no booklet on ground.

Please my great people has anybody had such experience in the past. I mean this guys collected 40k from me for 32 pages, with the assurance that it's going to be an express delivery.

Right now I am devastated as I need that passport urgently for traveling.

Please I will be happy to read your opinions and advice. Thanks.
reach out to their twitter handle.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by Joecrane(f): 8:38am On Jan 15, 2020
Honestly I am regretting doing this in Port Harcourt.

adewumiopeyemi:
I did my own on the 13 of December last month I. 0balende and is out am going todah to come and take it
Why didn't you come to Lagos to do it
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by Joecrane(f): 8:39am On Jan 15, 2020
OK bro. Thanks.

SeedofDavid:

reach out to their twitter handle.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by Joecrane(f): 8:40am On Jan 15, 2020
I suspect this also walahi.

lathrowinger:
This has been their stories everytime. There is always booklet, probably they kept it for their own use in other to get more money, Or the person u gave money to wasn't in good time with those who have it. Or his/her connection ain't strong.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by ayomideking(m): 10:48am On Jan 15, 2020
Same here... I applied at osogbo since Nov and I'm yet to get it.. the same issue is no booklets
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by Joecrane(f): 10:54am On Jan 15, 2020
Quite painful bro. Did you apply via their website or you did their so called express?

quote author=ayomideking post=85813723]Same here... I applied at osogbo
since Nov and I'm yet to get it.. the same issue is no booklets[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by NairaLuck: 11:02am On Jan 15, 2020
Painful. Hopefully you'll get it.

I did mine in warri (governor's house annex) beside DBS. 32pgs costed 28k, did it in 3days.
I went very early in the morning spoke to one of them have him the money registered and went home the next day I went 3pm but collected it the next day as the booklets had not arrived from asaba(so they said) the 3rd day I collected mine that morning.
Last last na N500 I reason the officer cause him nor really do anything significant.

I'm posting this for the sake of those in Delta, warri is more reliable than Asaba although I here Asaba is improving under okowa. So if you're in warri or environ don't waste transport to asaba as it might be a waste of more funds.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by Joecrane(f): 11:36am On Jan 15, 2020
Bro you are lucky I must say. Seems the system works better in warri Delta state. I am really regretting having anything to do with Port Harcourt immigration guys. Criminals at their best. Imagine you even paid 28k. God go punish all those guys. They seem not to understand the damage they are doing to me.

NairaLuck:

I did mine in warri (governor's house annex) beside DBS. 32pgs costed 28k, did it in 3days.
I went very early in the morning spoke to one of them have him the money registered and went home the next day I went 3pm but collected it the next day as the booklets had not arrived from asaba(so they said) the 3rd day I collected mine that morning.
Last last na N500 I reason the officer cause him nor really do anything significant.

I'm posting this for the sake of those in Delta, warri is more reliable than Asaba although I here Asaba is improving under okowa. So if you're in warri or environ don't waste transport to asaba as it might be a waste of more funds.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by Amakapritty(f): 1:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
Calm down it will be out,there has been issues of no booklet of recent
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by Joecrane(f): 3:32pm On Jan 15, 2020
Sure I know it will definitely come out but I am just concerned about the timing. Seems you had similar experience?

Amakapritty:
Calm down it will be out,there has been issues of no booklet of recent
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by Amakapritty(f): 5:55pm On Jan 15, 2020
Joecrane:
Sure I know it will definitely come out but I am just concerned about the timing. Seems you had similar experience?

yeah,I even forgot about it only to be called one day to come pick it
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by Joecrane(f): 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2020
Kai! The thing weak me I no go lie�
Amakapritty:
yeah,I even forgot about it only to be called one day to come pick it
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by queengift(f): 6:23pm On Jan 15, 2020
I did my registration online, was booked for interview after 7days, that same I got my passport, I spent just 17500+ extra 5k I gave immigration officers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by Joecrane(f): 9:40pm On Jan 15, 2020
This was what I expected but mine took a different turn altogether. Please where and when did you do yours.

[qquote author=queengift post=85825392]I did my registration online, was booked for interview after 7days, that same I got my passport, I spent just 17500+ extra 5k I gave immigration officers[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by Joecrane(f): 9:41pm On Jan 15, 2020
This was what I expected but mine took a different turn altogether. Please where and when did you do yours.

queengift:
I did my registration online, was booked for interview after 7days, that same I got my passport, I spent just 17500+ extra 5k I gave immigration officers
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 16, 2020
NairaLuck:

Pls , did u fill the form online before going there for capturing or u did everything at their office?
& was it this year u processed your passport ?
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by queengift(f): 11:32pm On Jan 16, 2020
Joecrane:

I did mine in Awka, Anambra
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by Joecrane(f): 8:02am On Jan 17, 2020
Little wonder. Methinks Port Harcourt is the worst state in this regard. Not just the criminally high fee but the heartbreaking delay. I was there yesterday and was told that oga went to Abuja and I should pray he comes back with booklets then possibly mine COULD be among those to be printed. This is after paying 40k and almost 3 months ago ( November). It's quite painful.

queengift:

I did mine in Awka, Anambra
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by Stewart883(m): 5:06pm On Jan 17, 2020
Bayelsa is the surebet.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by XaintJoel20: 5:37pm On Jan 17, 2020
I am facing similar situation like the OP. I did my capturing on the 3rd of this month after paying 34 thousand naira and only for me to call the immigration officer helping me with the whole stuff yesterday, and he said I should give him 12,000.00 naira to give to an officer that has booklet since there is shortage of booklet and I should be sure to get it latest Wednesday if I make payment today.

I am confused. I don't want anyone to swindle me in this January of my hard earned money and at the same time I need the passport urgently.
I am thinking of giving him the money.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by Joecrane(f): 6:28pm On Jan 17, 2020
Which state? These guys are just criminals. U may still end up waiting till next month even after paying the additional 12,000. I think it's high time someone sued the hell out of these people.

XaintJoel20:
I am facing similar situation like the OP. I did mine capturing on the 3rd of this month after paying 34 thousand naira and only for me to call the immigration officer helping yesterday, and he said I should give him 12,000.00 naira to give to an officer that has booklet since there is shortage of booklet and I should be sure to get it latest wetness if I today.

I am confused. I don't want anyone to swindle me in this January of my hard earned money and at the same time I need the passport urgently.
I am thinking of giving him the money.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 7:43pm On Jan 17, 2020
The one at Warri is very efficient..

Did for a friend about 3 weeks ago, we collected it same day..

We went in the morning, collected in the evening.. Some people we met there that didn't give Caesar what belonged to Caesar were told booklet was not available. Inside Life!
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by Engrmikky: 9:12pm On Jan 17, 2020
[Pls send me the contact person you used in Warri

quote author=WHIZKIDEFE post=85880629]The one at Warri is very efficient..

We went in the morning, collected in the evening.. Some people we met there that didn't give Caesar what belonged to Caesar were told booklet was not available. Inside Life! [/quote]
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by sammirano: 9:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
Oga just to to the office and request to see Servicom, then report the matter.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by XaintJoel20: 9:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
Joecrane:
Which state? These guys are just criminals. U may still end up waiting till next month even after paying the additional 12,000. I think it's high time someone sued the hell out of these people.

Benin City, Edo State
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by XaintJoel20: 9:18pm On Jan 17, 2020
Engrmikky:
[Pls send me the contact person you used in Warri

quote author=WHIZKIDEFE post=85880629]The one at Warri is very efficient..

We went in the morning, collected in the evening.. Some people we met there that didn't give Caesar what belonged to Caesar were told booklet was not available. Inside Life!

Please how much did you pay?
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by Joecrane(f): 5:23am On Jan 18, 2020
OK bro. You mean servicom in the same immigration office?
sammirano:
Oga just to to the office and request to see Servicom, then report the matter.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by otokx(m): 10:27am On Jan 18, 2020
Port Harcourt is just unnecessarily expensive, and most of the staff there are from a particular area not in the south south.

Complain on twitter handle, Abuja will come hard on them and you will be asked to see the PCO or 2ic to pick up your passport.

Just bombard their Twitter handle cool
Re: Nigerian Immigration Has Finished Me by Psady(m): 11:03am On Jan 18, 2020
otokx:
Port Harcourt is just unnecessarily expensive, and most of the staff there are from a particular area not in the south south.

Complain on twitter handle, Abuja will come hard on them and you will be asked to see the PCO or 2ic to pick up your passport.

Just bombard their Twitter handle cool
please can u help with their Twitter handle? I did mine in abeoukuta since 4th December, till now just stories of no booklet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fanti Carnival in Lagos / A Nigerian Pilot Travels From London To Abuja On His Bike! / Where Can I Board Abuja To Lagos By Train.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.