Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died (1171 Views)

Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) / Chief Obafemi Awolowo's Private Car in 1979 (photo) / Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by pezest: 10:50am On Jan 15, 2020
Chief Obafemi Awolowo committed suicide on the 15th day of January 1987. He died through self-injested poison at the wee hours of 15th January 1987

3 Likes

Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by Turantula(m): 11:03am On Jan 15, 2020
May his soul rest in peace
Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by BeardedMeat(m): 11:04am On Jan 15, 2020
Turantula:
May his soul rest in peace
If he truly committed suicide, his soul can't rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by oilPUSSY(f): 11:17am On Jan 15, 2020
His legacy on suicide is very strong..

That's why Ogun state where he hails from is making waves in suicide Case

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by oilPUSSY(f): 11:19am On Jan 15, 2020
Lalasticlala Lalasticlala FP
Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by femolii: 11:25am On Jan 15, 2020
oilPUSSY:
His legacy is very strong..

That's why Ogun state where he hails from is making waves in suicide Case
Igbo's are noise......... no substance -Gen Abacha.
Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by Jack500: 11:31am On Jan 15, 2020
See the children of hate abusing someone, the great Awolowo that no one in their generation can be worthy of his sandals.

Pathethic people that wake up thier parents with sliding tackle and knock

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by Rekhina(f): 11:32am On Jan 15, 2020
I heard dead biafran children haunted him when he is in prison plus betrayal from his likes
.....them piaaaam he drank Ratak90

Allah is Not with him kawai

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by Rekhina(f): 11:34am On Jan 15, 2020
oilPUSSY:
Lalasti.clala Lala.sticlala FP
lala still be mod , I thought they have replaced him with a strong Yoruba Moslem bowing to brown teeth god n fulani west supreme god

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by Rekhina(f): 11:37am On Jan 15, 2020
Jack500:
See the children of hate abusing someone, the great Awolowo that no one in their generation can be worthy of his sandals.

Pathethic people that wake up thier parents with sliding tackle and knock
Am not Igbo but we all know that sekfish cowards commits suicide when their selfish plans are busted ,wicked people

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 15, 2020
BeardedMeat:

Yes, he committed suicide by taking poison...and his soul is not resting in peace or has not been resting in peace, not because of the suicide but because he caused many children to suffer and die of hunger by blocking food supplies. That was what hunted him till he killed himself. Starve yourself or fast for few days, so you can imagine what those innocent kids passed through for months...years!

Changing currency thereby disenabling ojukwu to procure arms would have been enough to end the war, but he chose to kill millions of innocent children. Their innocent blood hunted him, and still hunting him. He also advised gowon against the Aburi Accord because gowon and his hausa brothers promised him he would rule but he was deceived.
The same way bubu will deceive jagaban.

The worse awolowo did was to give adult biafrans that survived the war, 20 pounds each only, to start afresh... irrespective of the amount they have in their bank account. My late dad was affected by this!
For instance if u saved about 50 million naira, they give you about 20k to start afresh!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by WorldRichest: 12:18pm On Jan 15, 2020
pezest:
Chief Obafemi Awolowo committed suicide on the 15th day of January 1987. He died through self-injested poison at the wee hours of 15th January 1987

Yes, he commited suicide with over three million Biafrans between 1967 and 1970.
Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by WorldRichest: 12:20pm On Jan 15, 2020
OcVoice:

Yes, he committed suicide by taking poison...and his soul is not resting in peace or has not been resting in peace, not because of the suicide but because he caused many children to suffer and die of hunger by blocking food supplies. That was what hunted him till he killed himself. Starve yourself or fast for few days, so you can imagine what those innocent kids passed through for months...years!

Changing currency thereby disenabling ojukwu to procure arms would have been enough to end the war, but he chose to kill millions of innocent children. Their innocent blood hunted him, and still hunting him. He also advised gowon against the Aburi Accord because gowon and his hausa brothers promised him he would rule but he was deceived.

The worse awolowo did was to give adult biafrans that survived the war, 20 pounds each only, to start afresh... irrespective of the amount they have in their bank account. My late dad was affected by this!
For instance if u saved about 10 million naira, they give you about 20k to start afresh!

The bitterness and hatred that your parents planted in you is the reason why you are sad, bitter, depressed and suicidal.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by WorldRichest: 12:23pm On Jan 15, 2020
BeardedMeat:

You are alive, but you are still fighting with the dead. Can you see that you are not at peace?
Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by WorldRichest: 12:24pm On Jan 15, 2020
Rekhina:
lala still be mod , I thought they have replaced him with a strong Yoruba Moslem bowing to brown teeth god n fulani west supreme god

This is how chronic madness starts. Seek help before it is too late.
Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 15, 2020
WorldRichest:

The bitterness and hatred that your parents planted in you is the reason why you are sad, bitter, depressed and suicidal.

My parents didn't plant any bitterness and hatred in me. I'm only telling you history and the fact. I am neither sad nor depressed. I am living a happy life....and you should too.

We will always tell our history, no matter how bitter it is.

If I lied in any way against your former leader in my write-up above, please kindly point it out

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 15, 2020
pezest:
It says on Wikipedia that he died peacefully at 78. Who commit suicide at 78?
DMerciful:
Wikipedia that even you can edit? Common be smarter than this
Stop this, you can’t just post anything on Wikipedia because you have access to some information. I dare you to go ahead and add to Wikipedia that he committed suicide and then mention me so I can go see it myself.
Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by gidgiddy: 1:08pm On Jan 15, 2020
Jack500:

It depends on what you mean by "great". Outside Yoruba land, nobody thinks Awolowo is great. The North see him as a useful slave while the East see him as a useless slave

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by femolii: 1:18pm On Jan 15, 2020
OcVoice:

For instance if u saved about 50 million naira, they give you about 20k to start afresh!
Shut up osu, your people killed prominent Nigeria politicians but in your comments you failed to mention the killings.
Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by femolii: 1:24pm On Jan 15, 2020
gidgiddy:

It depends on what you mean by "great". Outside Yoruba land, nobody thinks Awolowo is great. The North see him as a useful slave while the East see him as a useless slave
Yoruba's see zik as tafawa balewa slave.
Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by BeardedMeat(m): 1:49pm On Jan 15, 2020
OcVoice:

With all these atrocities, dude cannot rest in piece. I'm sure his people are still sighting him every now and then wandering about.

2 Likes

Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by Jack500: 2:03pm On Jan 15, 2020
gidgiddy:

Well, it is ur opinion and u can keep it to urself, Awolowo has written his name in the sand of history, u can keep hating or strive to achieve one tenth of what he achieved, of course I know that's not possible.

As long as u spend naira u will keep seeing Awolowo, u can choke with that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 15, 2020
femolii:
Shut up osu, your people killed prominent Nigeria politicians but in your comments you failed to mention the killings.

Claims? Always back up with facts!

Femi FYI, I'm not an osu, and you will need to take back that insult. There was no need for it

1 Like

Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by delawal: 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
so wit all his education he poisoned himself. did he also poison d minds of most Yoruba's who are always filled with hate

1 Like

Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by jimyjames(m): 5:54pm On Jan 15, 2020
Awolowos problems started when he fought akintola over the leadership of the western region akintola cursed him

Too bad he committed suicide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by jimyjames(m): 5:57pm On Jan 15, 2020
Jack500:

Well, it is ur opinion and u can keep it to urself, Awolowo has written his name in the sand of history, u can keep hating or strive to achieve one tenth of what he achieved, of course I know that's not possible.

As long as u spend naira u will keep seeing Awolowo, u can choke with that.

What can you buy with this?

1 Share

Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by raumdeuter: 6:55pm On Jan 15, 2020
gidgiddy:

Everyone saw Azikwe as a prostitute with no ideology and everyone saw Ojuku as a coward even his father in law

1 Share

Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by Jack500: 7:14pm On Jan 15, 2020
jimyjames:

What can you buy with this?

Your destiny
Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by DMerciful(m): 8:35pm On Jan 15, 2020
He died unceremoniously. Southwesterners would have been celebrating Awolowo's day but will have to explain how he died so they let it slide angry
Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by DMerciful(m): 8:39pm On Jan 15, 2020
That's why he was poisoned like a rat. General Abacha indeed! Apple poisoned Abacha instead undecided
femolii:
Igbo's are noise......... no substance -Gen Abacha.
Re: On This - 15th January 1987, Chief Obafemi Awolowo Died by DMerciful(m): 8:43pm On Jan 15, 2020
Wikipedia that even you can edit? Common be smarter than this
Day2logic:

It says on Wikipedia that he died peacefully at 78. Who commit suicide at 78?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Receives Chinese Artillery, VT4 MBT & STI Tank Destroyer / The Facebook Posts That Got Engr Mu’azu Magaji SACKED As Kano State Commissioner / Aliko Dangote Donates Mobile Lab For COVID-19 Test In Kano State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.