Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant (2372 Views)

Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy / My Cousin Is Addicted To Weed, Drugs / Help !!! My Cousin Is About To Marry A Prostitute(ashawo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by windman(m): 4:02pm On Jan 15, 2020
Hello everyone,

My little cousin in her early 20's just got pregnant for a guy we don't know. She was about to purchase this year's UTME form before this ordeal.

She ran out of the home for 2days now after my Uncle threatened to deal with her (the normal Nigerian parents way). Although, she called my elder sister with the guy's phone that she's safe because her mobile phone is in the house.

My Uncle has strictly warned us not to allow her into the house because he can't live in same house with my pregnant cousin. He doesn't even wants to know her whereabouts because he is really mad at her for becoming pregnant outside wedlock.

Good people of Nigeria, please what do I do??
Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by daddytime(m): 4:06pm On Jan 15, 2020
E go calm down after a while...na so e dey be. The thing dey pain for body but las las, e don tey wey e dey happen.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by nlPoster: 4:12pm On Jan 15, 2020
You dont really have to ask 150 million people of Nigeria what to do.

Just think about the situation and figure out how you want to assist.

That's all.

7 Likes

Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by windman(m): 4:12pm On Jan 15, 2020
[quote author=daddytime post=85821938]E go calm down after a while...na so e dey be. The thing dey pain for body but las las, e don tey wey e dey happen.

I hope so, thanks
Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by Teaveapoet(f): 4:14pm On Jan 15, 2020
I think you need to consult elders that are older than your uncle, because if anything happens to her he will really be more sad. A Head cut off isn't the solution for headache.
Pregnancy isn't something you take with levity. You need to know the man and his family member, If your cousin means a lot to you then take a step by making the man in question takes responsibility for her and her baby.

7 Likes

Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by windman(m): 4:29pm On Jan 15, 2020
Many thanks @ Teaveapoet

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by donbachi(m): 4:32pm On Jan 15, 2020
Make her papa calm down..no body no prepnancy wey go born billionaire.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by Saintmary(f): 4:47pm On Jan 15, 2020
windman:
Hello everyone,

My little cousin in her early 20's just got pregnant for a guy we don't know. She was about to purchase this year's UTME form before this ordeal.

She ran out of the home for 2days now after my Uncle threatened to deal with her (the normal Nigerian parents way). Although, she called my elder sister with the guy's phone that she's safe because her mobile phone is in the house.

My Uncle has strictly warned us not to allow her into the house because he can't live in same house with my pregnant cousin. He doesn't even wants to know her whereabouts because he is really mad at her for becoming pregnant outside wedlock.

Where are her parents?
Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by thorpido(m): 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
What of the mother?

If you can locate his friends,elders in the family,pastors or respectable neighbors,then they can get to talk about the issue with him
He needs to calm down and figure out the best thing for this situation.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by fatymore(f): 9:08pm On Jan 15, 2020
She still try..early 20s, if she is in her teens nko.

The best thing her father can do it to take her back and let her deliver the baby and go back to school.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by crackkhaus: 10:32pm On Jan 15, 2020
At over 20yrs old when she should already be in her third year in Uni, yet the smallie is busy collecting prick upandan instead of focusing on how to pass JAMB. Smh.

Your uncle is very disappointed as he should be, who wouldn't?
Give him some time to come to terms with it, then get some older family members to talk to him.

Sending her out of the house and leaving her at the mercy of the streets is counterproductive.
Her family is all she needs now.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by windman(m): 11:34pm On Jan 15, 2020
[quote author=Saintmary post=85823007] Where are her parents?
you mean my uncle and his wife?? They are at home, we live together
Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by windman(m): 11:39pm On Jan 15, 2020
[quote author=crackkhaus post=85831671]At over 20yrs old when she should already be in her third year in Uni, yet the smallie is busy collecting prick upandan instead of focusing on how to pass JAMB. Smh.

Your uncle is very disappointed as he should be, who wouldn't?
Give him some time to come to terms with it, then get some older family members to talk to him.

Sending her out of the house and leaving her at the mercy of the streets is counterproductive.
Her family is all she needs now.

thanks alot
Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by olabrinks(f): 11:50pm On Jan 15, 2020
Is pregnancy the end of the world? Is that the end of her life? Even those that get pregnant inside their marriage, may still find themselves to be miserable. Your uncle is too concerned about what people will say. He will have to accept that child whether he likes it or not, that child may be his source to life at his very old age. What rubbish. He wants to completely disown his daughter because of common pregnancy, something that is even a blessing? Na wa for Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by Katier00(f): 1:11am On Jan 16, 2020
You guys should understand the man, he is very angry. Op just look for her and make sure she is safe. When the Dad is settled she will return home and have the baby

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:21am On Jan 16, 2020
You people should find a way to formalise their wedding. grin
Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by Saintmary(f): 6:52am On Jan 16, 2020
[quote author=windman post=85832761][/quote]
I'm sure a lot of people have given you advice, what is her mother doing about it?
Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 16, 2020
sad
Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 16, 2020
Go and marry her.

Uncle ke

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by cRobo: 9:41am On Jan 16, 2020
Nigeria Mentality

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by Xxx123xxx(m): 10:25am On Jan 16, 2020
windman:
Hello everyone,

...some of you are starting to seem mad to me, A pin drops in your house you run to nairaland for advice seem something is wrong with your brain!!

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by cococandy(f): 1:22pm On Jan 16, 2020
Someone in her early twenties is young but not a child (I’m thinking 21-23?).
Because she is not in university yet doesn’t make her a small girl. She’s just a young woman.
Many ladies and even some guys get married at that age and holds family together very well. She’s mature enough to take responsibility for the pregnancy. Her father should have asked her what she wants to do and go from there.

Find a way to get to the man involved. What does he want? What does she want? Let her decision first and then his decision lead the chain on events.
Her parents can only be supportive but there’s not much they can do at this point. She’s old enough to understand what she has gotten herself into.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 16, 2020
Xxx123xxx:
...some of you are starting to seem mad to me, A pin drops in your house you run to nairaland for advice seem something is wrong with your brain!!

LOL

You could also look at it as a way to get objective advice from total strangers

(Of course let's also not forget that some bloggers must eat, so lots of Tales by Moonlight also find their way here...)

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed!! My Cousin Is Pregnant by frozen70(f): 8:16pm On Jan 16, 2020
windman:
Hello everyone,

Get people to talk with your uncle before he loses that child

E don happen, he should take it easy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Since September 2009, We Are Getting Married / Brazilian Married To A Nigerian-american Man / Boy Kills Father Over Prayer Points

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.