Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,797 members, 7,827,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? (52372 Views)

JAPA: Marry Your Man Before Coming To The UK - Nigerian Lady Advises / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by BluntBoy(m): 2:06pm On Jan 16, 2020
engrelvis:
who told u dat ? n where do u get ur statistics from? Few complaints from married couples doesn't mean dey r nt happy. Just b sincere n also b ready to make sacrifices for each other .every other things will fall into place

The question the OP asked can be used to get people's opinion on whether they are happy or not in their marriages.

I used a standardized questionnaire on a study some 2-3 years ago on 530 participants from three cities. I also used certain couple-based scales with high internal consistency.

About 98% of those whom I sampled (men and women) were unhappy in their marriages. Mind you, I controlled for age and other such demographic variables and years of marriage, so all those things had nothing to do with it. Sex, age and years of marriage played no part in how unhappy my participants were in their respective marriages.

Moreover, my scales had relatively shorter items, and it was very obvious that there were no central tendency bias.

It is one study I would like to do again, though. But I have the feeling that the result would be worse than the first.

5 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by akaynezi: 2:09pm On Jan 16, 2020
Greatdre:
The little research I made also showed that many people are not happy in their marriages but will come public to display their marriage or spouse as the next best thing. A woman can be receiving consistent beating from the husband on a daily basis but would still display her husband to the outside world as the best man on earth. Thats the kind of society we find ourselves. Nobody wants to be ridiculed for having a bad spouse or union.

A dead on research.
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Creativebae(f): 2:10pm On Jan 16, 2020
Am Happy for the happy people.. wish you more happiness..

8 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by dayleke: 2:10pm On Jan 16, 2020
Bola146:

Ok sir, e seun modupe sir

Ko tope ma.
A kii dupe ara eni.
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by ImaIma1(f): 2:12pm On Jan 16, 2020
Starz825:

Money plenty for him hand be that oo cheesy

You know that how?
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by 77up(m): 2:13pm On Jan 16, 2020
It's not easy to come by a wife like mother, a confidant,gist partner, best friend, best cook grin , madam no nonsense when it comes to neatness cheesy

She understands every situation around us , she's happy with whatever I'm happy with and vice versa, yes yes and yes , i will marry her if I'm given 10th opportunity.

In lieu of this, nairalanders kindly wish us well, we just born new baby kiss

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by lucky4west: 2:14pm On Jan 16, 2020
yeah sure she is the real deal, humble, submissive and God fearing...very strong when pregnant, gives birth b4 i get a phone call! helping to raise my kids in the right way...good cook, hospitable to friends, neighbors and family members, pray a lot, great cook and a good banger! she is the one even if i have to come back a million xs....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by KingAzari: 2:15pm On Jan 16, 2020
Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by orjianthony12: 2:16pm On Jan 16, 2020
Caplock NO, I will never, She doesnt understand what marriage/family bonding is. Always like staying n sending time with her mother who will slap u mere she seeing two o quarrel. funny but reality

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by miniziter(m): 2:17pm On Jan 16, 2020
Bola146:

Same here... but I pray for my own bone

And God says let there be a toast and....
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Calyberry(f): 2:17pm On Jan 16, 2020
God forbid I reject it in Jesus name amen
Although we have gone our separate ways

3 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by olasaad(f): 2:18pm On Jan 16, 2020
YorubaLord:

@Bolded. Those guys ONLY exist in Jupiter. grin

Well she even forget to add highly intelligent. I always think those kind of men exit in movies until I also met one. So we have them on this earth too sir

3 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by DanseMacabre(m): 2:18pm On Jan 16, 2020
cococandy:
In your mind now you’re sleek with insults right grin

What if you’re a fool?

This made me laugh out loud. Sleek.

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by tabithababy(f): 2:20pm On Jan 16, 2020
So many lies cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by sukrecake(f): 2:21pm On Jan 16, 2020
Yes I will oooooooooo

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by 15ssDRIVE(m): 2:23pm On Jan 16, 2020
Yes yes yes . Compatibility = money = kids - Fear or Allah S.W.T..... lobataaaannnn

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by majekbabe: 2:23pm On Jan 16, 2020
yes oooooo
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by kapelvej: 2:25pm On Jan 16, 2020
I wont marry again
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Joystark(f): 2:26pm On Jan 16, 2020
Nnaabros:
They are monitoring you all oh. Keep exposing yourselves undecided

Lol..
They duhno grin

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by biggy26: 2:29pm On Jan 16, 2020
Greatdre:
The little research I made also showed that many people are not happy in their marriages but will come public to display their marriage or spouse as the next best thing. A woman can be receiving consistent beating from the husband on a daily basis but would still display her husband to the outside world as the best man on earth. Thats the kind of society we find ourselves. Nobody wants to be ridiculed for having a bad spouse or union.
In the world is good and evil.
I also noticed that many people in good marriages don't talk too much. Not all spouses, male or female are abusers. The devil always tries to discredit what God intended to be good, so people will be afraid to embrace it.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by uwelaa(m): 2:29pm On Jan 16, 2020
OH........ Yes
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by BlackSeptember: 2:29pm On Jan 16, 2020
I'm not married now but the lady in my life is just so special that I've promise myself to take her to the altar by August.

Baby m. I love you forever

5 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by biggy26: 2:32pm On Jan 16, 2020
cococandy:
Doesn’t matter what anyone says on this thread, Nairalanders will believe whatever they want to believe. People act like that love to see happily married people but they actually derive more joy from other people’s sadness.

Cue the sad threads that attract more attention versus the good marriage ones which at best are boring for these spectators or as usual will seem like show off to them.

OP there are happily married people everywhere. Yes even on NL. They may not come to this thread to tell you about it. But yes there are.
You are very correct my sis. I even quoted the same researcher you just quoted. I said many happily married people don't talk too much. The devil always tries to shame what is good.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 16, 2020
cococandy:

Like this one.

If you share any bit of your life that seems good in public, “researchers and truth seekers” won’t stop looking holes in it to convince themselves that you must be unhappy somehow.

Same thing that came to my mind when I read that stuff he wrote. And he was even the one that opened the thread. Probably looking for sad stories.

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by EtimaM: 2:33pm On Jan 16, 2020
Not married yet but pray to marry right
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by rita25(f): 2:34pm On Jan 16, 2020
see ur name sef..IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IdioticNLmods:

Cheat on him na.. I love fuckin married women

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Wettoid123: 2:34pm On Jan 16, 2020
If am to marry again I will still marry my wife she makes marriage so easy for me the mother of my children!

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by biggy26: 2:35pm On Jan 16, 2020
KingSatan:

I knew I would meet your kind.

This is not a thread to breed competition or promote hypocrisy.

You woman are good at dropping lines like these in order to portray the luckiest woman on Earth.

I have been married for over 3 decades and I can say "Marriage is beautiful if both of you love each other truthfully" and are determined to make your marriage work. Though it's not a smooth sail but with a determined spirit, you will conquer all.

You will sometimes fight your extended family because of that woman you love and cherish. Marriage is not for the feeble heart.

I remember one time, I looked straight in her eyes and I saw a helpless woman. I stood up to my late uncle's and told them never to insult my wife again or I stop bearing their surname and cut ties with them forever.

I could remember when i slumped, my wife was crying like I child. I woke up to her screams and tears.

I love my wife and I am without any doubt that she loves me too. I married her because I couldn't imagine living so far away from such beautiful soul. I wanted to have her all to myself and I succeeded.

Today, I don't see the curves (Of course I wasn't interested in all that when I married her) and she isn't seeing the albs, afro hairstyle etc but she is still my "Sexy Amigo".

I will marry her over and over again if given a chance.

PS: Don't even think money brought us together. I was still trying to find my place in this world when I met her. She told me "I believe in you"

After my mother, no one else except her said those words to me.

I held on to those words and today, it's all history.
Standing ovation!! I said it, many people in happy marriages don't talk too much.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by blesoh(f): 2:36pm On Jan 16, 2020
Yes, I will marry him again
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by atimadesign(m): 2:37pm On Jan 16, 2020
No... No I rather remain bachelor for Life.. grin grin[color=#000099][/color]
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by biggy26: 2:37pm On Jan 16, 2020
realtalk19:

Never ever
Wetin happen?!
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by sheriffindy(m): 2:39pm On Jan 16, 2020
Greatdre:
..i wonder oo... Where are the owners of those regular marriage problem topics here on dollar land.. they never come back from Xmas travel?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Apetamin Weight Gain Syrup 200ml For Children And Entire Family / John Triplets: Cute Identical Triplet Guys / "My Wife Wears Sexy Dresses..but Wouldn't Let Me Touch Her" A Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.