Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,488 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster (26550 Views)

Relocation Of FAAN, CBN: Move the Commerce Ministry To Onitsha Or Kano - Dalhatu / Asma’u Dalhatu: About-To-Wed Sister Of Katsina Assembly Deputy Speaker Kidnapped / Hushpuppi: Dino Melaye Trolls People Linking Him To Fraudster (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by ijustdey: 9:40pm On Jan 15, 2020
Former Minister of Power and Steel, Alhaji Bashir Dalhatu, on Wednesday, told FCT High Court that he lost a whopping N68.9 million to an alleged fraudster.

The former minister testified as a prosecution witness in a case filed by the EFCC against a businessman, Imeh Akpan, charged with two counts bordering on Criminal Breach of Trust.

Dalhatu explained that he was introduced to the accused person sometime in 2004 through his friends late Alhaji Aliyu Alkali and one Haruna Ningi. He alleged that the accused person told him to invest in the Aviation industry by buying shares in the airline he was floating.

”He informed me that the business was profitable at that time. He said the business was a win-win. At the end of the presentation, I accepted to buy shares to the tune of N1. 8 million representing 34 percent of the company share capital. He (the accused person) told me that he was in the process of negotiating with First Atlantic Bank to obtain a loan facility for his company ”Commodore Aviation Services,’’ he said.

The former minister said the accused told him that the loan facility was to enable the accused person to buy aircraft to be used in the country by the Commodore Aviation Services.

Dalhatu told the court that the accused met him again and request to assist him with N50 million to facilitate the loan.

”I agreed to provide the N50 million security deposit on two conditions; one of the conditions was to open an interest saving account in the name of Commodore Aviation Services and keep the money there. The second condition I gave him was that the interest that accrued from the account would be his own and it should be reverted back to him at the end of six months,” he said.

Dalhatu explained that the six months period was the time within which he and the bank agreed to disburse the funds to the company.
The former minister said that it was also agreed that neither he nor the accused person would remove any amount from the security deposit account, adding that on this understanding, an account was agreed to be open with two signatories.

Dalhatu said on May 28, 2004, a cheque of N58 million representing the shares and security deposit was delivered to Commodore Aviation Services and acknowledged by Haruna Ningi on behalf of the company.

He said the accused person also approached him to provide further funding of N10. 7 million to kick-off the operation of a National Airline in the Niger Republic which he also obliged him.

‘’After a while, it occurred to me that the business was not as good as he said. The accused person frustrated my request for an audit exercise in spite of my persistence. I, therefore, asked the accused person for the return of my money and whatever interest that might have accrued on the money that also becomes impossible.

‘’I later discovered that the cheques for the security deposit were credited to an existing account of Commodore Aviation Services an identical to the suggested name given to me where he was a sole signatory,’’ he said.

He said in Jan 2013, he went to EFCC with a petition enumerating the frictions between him and the accused person and urged the commission to investigate and prosecute him if they found adequate grounds to do so.

After his testimony, the Defence Counsel, Mr. Steve Imoke, prayed for an adjournment to cross-examine the minister.

The EFCC Counsel. Mrs. Fatima Ado-Gwaram did not object to the application.

Justice A.O.Ebong adjourned the matter until March 2 for cross-examination.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/01/15/how-former-minister-lost-millions-to-fraudster/amp/

1 Like

Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by kaykay1980: 9:57pm On Jan 15, 2020
Na God catch you, our yam you ate has been eaten by a local yam eater.

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by hisexcellency34: 10:11pm On Jan 15, 2020
Thief took the yam, another thief collected it

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by Xavi2019: 10:16pm On Jan 15, 2020
He gave out a loan of 58million naira as far back as 2004....
Damnn...

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by Simplebeauty: 7:53am On Jan 16, 2020
shocked

na wa oh
Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by sotall(m): 7:53am On Jan 16, 2020
undecided

If 1.8 million is 34% of the share capital of the company, 100% is less than 6 million.

Is that money enough to buy the Tyre of an airplane?

Mumu

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by Roon9(m): 7:54am On Jan 16, 2020
Hmmm... I feel tempted to say Karma.
How does one loot a loot grin

7 Likes

Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by Offpoint: 7:54am On Jan 16, 2020
It seems every Nigerian is Criminal Minded, some don't just see the opportunity yet.

God give me the strength to pay back Branch their loan, cuz the way they call me these days even my girlfriend + wives can't call me that way.

" Hello! am I speaking with Mr. offpoint please***
Me: yes
May I know why you're yet to pay back your loan?
Me: I lost my grandmother elder sister
May I know when you'll payback your loan? you know your loan has been due for over a year and 6 months now?
Me: I know, but do you know buhari has been the president for over.... I'll payback this week Friday... I'm having issues with my bank. thank you"

just N1000 naira debt left o
There's an evil spirit associated with debt, lapo carries the highest spirit.

Once you get loan from anywhere, things start going south.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by Cosmatikka: 7:54am On Jan 16, 2020
His cup of tea.
Meanwhile, we're still waiting for Tinubu to say something about Amotekun, since he has been bold to chuck his dirty mouth in Imo politics

20 Likes

Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:54am On Jan 16, 2020
 I accepted to buy shares to the tune of N1. 8 million representing 34 percent of the company share capital. He (the accused person) told me that he was in the process of negotiating with First Atlantic Bank to obtain a loan facility for his company ”Commodore Aviation Services,’’ he said.

The former minister said the accused told him that the loan facility was to enable the accused person to buy aircraft to be used in the country by the Commodore Aviation Services.
Dalhatu told the court that the accused met him again and request to assist him with N50 million to facilitate the loan.
”I agreed to provide the N50 million
People mumu for this world o.
Even millionaires.

He told you he was in the process of floating an airline , negotiating a loan with a bank for floating an airline and you were coughing out millions of naira like CBN.

Mugu Fall, Guyman chop!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by Kendumazy(m): 7:55am On Jan 16, 2020
Inside life! The high and mighty sef are getting scammed. Parts of the reasons some people do away with old friends once they are made.

Let's handle your buying and shipping from USA to Nigeria. Check my signature below for more details.
Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by Thukzee01(m): 7:55am On Jan 16, 2020
Damn
Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by sunnyside16(m): 7:55am On Jan 16, 2020
They have get him o......chei!
Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by money121(m): 7:56am On Jan 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by MrMcJay(m): 7:56am On Jan 16, 2020
Easy come, Easy go.
Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by ashantitope: 7:56am On Jan 16, 2020
They collected there own share of the national cake
Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by Jayb20(m): 7:56am On Jan 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by ruggedtimi(m): 7:56am On Jan 16, 2020
hm
Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by TRUSTEDGUY: 7:57am On Jan 16, 2020
E just return some of e loot to yahoo boys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 16, 2020
By fraud it was got and by fraud it was lost, blessed be the gad of fraud undecided

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by jimyjames(m): 7:58am On Jan 16, 2020
Oil money
Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by GOFRONT(m): 7:59am On Jan 16, 2020
How Nigeria have refused to shrink even after the way our elites have milked her and they are still milking her is still a mystery to me......

Naija can never be brought to a standstill.....There is so much money to loot. Just try find yoursef in a better position to looot..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by FactBoyz: 8:00am On Jan 16, 2020
grin
Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by JosEast(m): 8:00am On Jan 16, 2020
undecided
Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by damola1: 8:00am On Jan 16, 2020
Polictricians are natural targets of fraudsters. Endangered species.

I pity them. Their families and friends. They must really be in a prison.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by Trustme2(m): 8:00am On Jan 16, 2020
Dalhatu should also be asked to explain where he got that whooping sum of money from. EFCC should start from there

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by emmabest2000(m): 8:02am On Jan 16, 2020
Strongs steal from weaks but smarts steal from Strongs grin

8 Likes

Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by Commentor: 8:02am On Jan 16, 2020
The story is not complete.

They know the deal they were running.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by Rayfield: 8:03am On Jan 16, 2020
The "Real" owners came for their property.
That money could have liberated every member of his village from poverty if truly they've the masses at heart. I may be wrong though!
Re: Bashir Dalhatu Lost Millions To Fraudster by Tedpgrass: 8:03am On Jan 16, 2020
Fraudster season

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Holds Meeting With Party Loyalists Ahead Of Campaigns (Pictures) / Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting / Why Jonathan Is Responsible For Dividing Nigeria Not Buhari - Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.