Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan (21505 Views)

Man Tries To Give People Money They Reject, Thinking It Is Ritual Money (video) / Nigerian Oil Producer Duped Into Thinking It Got $184 Million Loan From Qatar / OPL 310: Lekoil Secures $184m Funding For Drilling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by dykedarlyn(m): 7:13am On Jan 16, 2020
After paying an upfront fee of 2.75%, that is $4,968,000
Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by dykedarlyn(m): 7:14am On Jan 16, 2020
After paying an upfront fee of 2.75%, that is $4,968,000
Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by Tunar18(m): 7:16am On Jan 16, 2020
Las las, nothing is worth taking your life for. No matter what the situation is, things can still turnaround, if one gets hope and try harder.

Life is far precious than any challenge irrespective of the situation

#NojustificationforSuicide
zoezoelogistics:

Lol, it happens big time.
That was how I almost fell for one about 5 years ago.

They promised to grant me a facility of $3M.

The format was so tight.
They kept asking for one government document after the other , I supplied all.

Now at the point of disbursing the loan, they now brought up the issue of 3% payment from my company.

Imagine paying 3% of $3m, Money I didn’t have anywhere. The only option I had was to borrow , it was at this point my brain jacked back to live.

If I had collected the loan , I am sure by now if I had not committed suicide I would be a shadow of myself.

See, I believe a lot of those guys you see committing suicide must have been caught in a trap/pit that was seemingly difficult or impossible to escape from.

1 Like

Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by TRUSTEDGUY: 7:17am On Jan 16, 2020
EagleNest:
What kind of due diligence did not smell nor spot the fraud. If you ask me, they should look within themselves, one of them organised it.

My brother you need to see their website that bastard fraudulent company Seawave Investment Limited angry

1 Like

Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by deenee: 7:31am On Jan 16, 2020
Na foreign format be this. They should have done DD on the capital advisory firm and even reached out to the Qatari SIF directly too.

After all the transaction is over 100m USD.

Again the guys behind Lekoil sef no really pure like that sef so what goes around comes around.

It will also be nice to know who bought and sold their equities during the 73% jump in their share price.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by Tedpgrass: 7:35am On Jan 16, 2020
TRUSTEDGUY:

My brother you need to see their website that bastard fraudulent company Seawave Investment Limited angry

Quite right..
Looks professional on the face of it but has no names or working history..
Very dodgy Ghanaian product, I must say.

Hope Lekoil gets some reprieve.

To the guy above, sure your angle will be examined thoroughly as well.

Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by fuck419: 7:37am On Jan 16, 2020
Na person whey know person dey kill am.
Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by Kobicove(m): 7:38am On Jan 16, 2020
If this is true then there must have been some insider collaboration undecided
Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by Nickshrapnel: 7:39am On Jan 16, 2020
realvikash:
Lol, there's nothing indicating that Naija yahoo boys played a part in this deal na, make una try get sense, it's obvious the whole thing was perpretated by foreigners. Cause you'd obviously know your fellow Naija man, Abi Dem don dey wear mask??

Nigerians or Foreigners, they are all the same to me, greedy bastards

1 Like

Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by einsteine(m): 7:40am On Jan 16, 2020
deenee:
Na foreign format be this. They should have done DD on the capital advisory firm and even reached out to the Qatari SIF directly too.

After all the transaction is over 100m USD.

Again the guys behind Lekoil sef no really pure like that sef so what goes around comes around.

It will also be nice to know who bought and sold their equities during the 73% jump in their share price.

73% fall in share price not jump
Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by hardbody: 7:45am On Jan 16, 2020
chiefsaif:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nigerian-oil-producer-duped-into-thinking-it-received-184-million-loan-from-qatar-2020-01-14

I feel so sad for Lekan. This young man is on our Board and i have continued to work with him personally.
Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by ruggedtimi(m): 7:54am On Jan 16, 2020
I saw the news of the secured loan, come dey wonder which firm grant them such huge loan
Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by jaxxy(m): 8:15am On Jan 16, 2020
Why go through a sham and fraudulent consultancy firm when u can go directly to the main investor company urself.
Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by LyfeJennings(m): 8:16am On Jan 16, 2020
realvikash:
Lol, there's nothing indicating that Naija yahoo boys played a part in this deal na, make una try get sense, it's obvious the whole thing was perpretated by foreigners. Cause you'd obviously know your fellow Naija man, Abi Dem don dey wear mask??

Na international criminals run this Waka but e go get one Lekoil insider. This one pass Yahoo boys for here

4 Likes

Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by alpontif(m): 8:31am On Jan 16, 2020
The moment I saw the announcement and the fact that upfront fees were paid, I knew it was a scam. Anything upfront fees on loans is a scam.

1 Like

Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by Bluntemperor: 8:32am On Jan 16, 2020
I remember vividly when Lekoil came up on this Platform.Lakasticlala-Seun,you remember?.i raised questions,probing questions on their ingenuity but indomie generations were busy discussing on how beneficial such company would be to Nigerians.i said:
•what are the Short,Medium and Long term Plans of the Company?
•what are the Financial analysis for Nigerians to dissect from?
•Seven Executive Members presented on NL with a lady ,but their was no Profile or designations of what they do.it seem the OP was driving traffic with such Multi Billions $ project.
Indomie generations,una see una self.i wish the Coy well.

1 Like

Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by GeneralPula: 8:52am On Jan 16, 2020
realvikash:

Nah true you talk bro!
Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by Jagudageh: 9:01am On Jan 16, 2020
Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by shogsman(m): 9:01am On Jan 16, 2020
realvikash:

Poor you,you know nothing, I am 100% sure the scam was done by Nigerians with the help of an insider.
Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by sevo(m): 9:32am On Jan 16, 2020
ProtectMyMoney:

With Protectmymoney, Lekoil wouldn't have lost 600,000 USD to Fraudsters.

Always protect your money. Use our service.

No be only

1 Like

Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by emeijeh(m): 9:46am On Jan 16, 2020
zoezoelogistics:

Lol, it happens big time.
That was how I almost fell for one about 5 years ago.

They promised to grant me a facility of $3M.

The format was so tight.
They kept asking for one government document after the other , I supplied all.

Now at the point of disbursing the loan, they now brought up the issue of 3% payment from my company.

Imagine paying 3% of $3m, Money I didn’t have anywhere. The only option I had was to borrow , it was at this point my brain jacked back to live.

If I had collected the loan , I am sure by now if I had not committed suicide I would be a shadow of myself.

See, I believe a lot of those guys you see committing suicide must have been caught in a trap/pit that was seemingly difficult or impossible to escape from.

Lucky you!
Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by emeijeh(m): 9:48am On Jan 16, 2020
alpontif:
The moment I saw the announcement and the fact that upfront fees were paid, I knew it was a scam. Anything upfront fees on loans is a scam.
Says who?
Have you visited a bank for loans before now?
Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by aimmoney9: 9:52am On Jan 16, 2020
That idiat posting protect ur money is a scammer stay away from him....anywhere a thief is caught and is being beaten there is always anoda thief in d crowd stealing or pickpocketing and saying to the other thief guy u f up... A word is enough for d wise

1 Like

Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by johneddy: 9:54am On Jan 16, 2020
Na waooooo

Shoptomydoor Imports, Exports From USA, UK and Nigeria – Ocean Shipping, Air Shipping for Both Business and Individual to Make Profit

Shop, ship and relax with Shoptomydoor. We give cheapest import/export solution for your business/personal needs

Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by Validated: 10:26am On Jan 16, 2020
Seawave’s legal representative Holowesko Pyfrom Fletcher on Tuesday said the company was not involved in the loan and had not received any payments. Mr Abrafi declined to provide further details.

Una sure say nobi Lekoil dey try swindle investors on London AIM? Story get K-leg. They announced loan they have not received and their share rose by whooping 70%. Then came back to say it is fraud ... then shares plummet by 73%. Who sell those shares with a 70% profit?
This format that the Dangotes and others used to rip of Nigerians on NSE some years back have now been exported to London AIMs.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 16, 2020
Tunar18:
Las las, nothing is worth taking your life for. No matter what the situation is, things can still turnaround, if one gets hope and try harder.

Life is far precious than any challenge irrespective of the situation

#NojustificationforSuicide

Just pray you don't find yourself in that sort of pit.

Life is precious regardless

1 Like

Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 16, 2020
TRUSTEDGUY:

The website isn't bad bro.
Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by ezugegere(m): 12:28pm On Jan 16, 2020
O my! This is serious o. And we were supposed to provide some services for them at the drilling site fa.
Re: Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan by COMPAQ(m): 12:31pm On Jan 16, 2020
uruba23:
I am surprised the story is really true.I thought they where at the LSE some few days ago.... no due diligence. ...Anyway if they need to raise $200million they should go talk to Mr Koko . book smart not street smart embrassing us again on a global scale.

Who is this Mr Koko

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Breweries Completes ₦5.1 Billion Automated PET Line In Ogun State / Brad E-commerce, Is It Legit Or Scam? / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.