Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,511 members, 7,843,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen (897 Views)

Militaries Ammo Stocks Low As Ukraine War Drags - NATO, British Officials / ukraine Reclaims Irpin. Launches Counter Attacks In Kherson & Kyiv / Russian Forces Claim Control Of Ukrainian City Of Kherson. Surround Others. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2022
Russian troops in Kherson have been "virtually cut off" from other occupied territory and left vulnerable after Ukraine scaled up its counter-offensive in the region, the UK’s military intelligence has said.

In an update on Thursday, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) said Ukraine’s attacks on Russian-held Kherson were “gaining momentum” after its forces struck Antonivskyi Bridge, which it said was likely rendered unusable.

The strategic bridge, still standing but pierced with holes, is essential for Moscow to supply its occupying forces in the south.

The MoD said Ukrainian troops have used new long-range artillery to damage at least three bridges on the Dnipro river, which runs through the centre of Ukraine from Kherson in the south to Kyiv in the north.

It said: “Russia’s 49th Army, stationed on the west bank of the Dnipro River, now looks highly vulnerable.”

It added that Russia’s loss of control over Kherson would “severely undermine [its] attempts to paint the occupation as a success”.

Russian officials have said they would instead use floating bridges and ferries to get their soldiers across the river.

Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky said on Wednesday in his nightly address: “We are doing everything to ensure that the occupying forces do not have any logistical opportunities in our country.”

One of Mr Zelensky’s advisers, Oleksiy Arestovych, said Russia was conducting a “massive redeployment” of forces from the east to the south to defend the Kherson region.

Oleksiy Danilov, secretary of Ukraine’s National Security and Defence Council, has tweeted that Russia was concentrating “the maximum number of troops” in the direction of the Kherson.

Meanwhile, Vladimir Putin’s forces have launched missile strikes on the Kyiv and Chernihiv regions, areas that have not been targeted in weeks. Shelling has also hit Kharkiv and Mykolaiv.

On Wednesday, Russian-backed forces said they had captured the coal-fired Vuhlehirsk power plant, Ukraine’s second-largest, in the eastern Donetsk region. It is reported to be Moscow’s first significant gain in more than three weeks.

Also in Donetsk, Moscow-backed separatists have accused Ukrainian forces of killing four civilians and injuring 11 amid shelling. The report could not be verified by the Reuters news.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/russia-held-kherson-virtually-cut-113511746.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by Akuruoulo(m): 1:26pm On Jul 28, 2022
LETS WAIT FOR PUTARDS TO ARRIVE
Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 28, 2022
Akuruoulo:
LETS WAIT FOR PUTARDS TO ARRIVE

They will soon, But once they peep and see my Moniker, They Take to their heels, They know i don't tolerate bullshits and propaganda.

My page is Always on Auto Refresh to see the Unfortunate puttard that will quote me with made up lies.

1 Like

Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by Smalloga: 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

They will soon, But once they peep and see my Moniker, They Take to their heels, They know i don't tolerate bullshits and propaganda.

My page is Always on Auto Refresh to see the Unfortunate puttard that will quote me with made up lies.

Which one is Putard?

Once they can't win arguments they resort to name calling

8 Likes

Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 28, 2022
Smalloga:

Which one is Putard?

Once they can't win arguments they resort to name calling

Puttards know theirselves.
Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by Smalloga: 5:17pm On Jul 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

Puttards know theirselves.

I am a Puttard. What are you?

3 Likes

Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 28, 2022
Smalloga:

I am a Puttard. What are you?

Ahahaha, you cracked me up really bad with that. grin grin I'm BritishNaija.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by seunny4lif(m): 6:44pm On Jul 28, 2022
Ukraine government have been saying Kherson offensive since over 3 months.
Last week they said they cut off 2K Russia troops then later said they were about to cut 2K Russia troops off then later said the fighting have not begun

Propaganda might be good for people at home but propaganda don’t work in frontline.
Ukraine kept losing lands every day and the more the war continues they more people will forget about it like Syria and Libya war.

Winter is coming, nobody will remember Ukraine again
Meanwhile Russia troops already surrounded Ukraine’s second-biggest power plant.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 28, 2022
seunny4lif:
Last week they said they cut off 2K Russia troops then later said they were about to cut 2K Russia troops off then later said the fighting have not begun

Propaganda might be good for people at home but propaganda don’t work in frontline.
Ukraine kept losing lands every day and the more the war continues they more people will forget about it like Syria and Libya war.

Meanwhile Russia troops already surrounded Ukraine’s second-biggest power plant.

So we should Take the words of you setting comfortably in our home over that of people in the frontline? This echoeing if propaganda shit is staled already.
Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by seunny4lif(m): 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

So we should Take the words of you setting comfortably in our home over that of people in the frontline? This echoeing if propaganda shit is staled already.
I don’t need your words neither do you need mine.
You are one of the people shouting Ghost Kyiv here on Nairaland.
I followed both Ukraine and Russia troops in FL on both Telegram and Twitter.

You need to understand my comment, Ukraine always said so and so in frontline and it always immediately on MSM yet the reality always came few hours later when Russia troops will take over.

Remember how they took a border pole and took a picture with it saying their troops reached Russia border and it became news but 2 days later, it was fake.
Remember how they risked their lives to take a picture on snake island and lost almost all the troops there due to Russia airstrikes.

Right now, Ukraine war is not even common as people are more concerned about high cost of living going on than Ukraine

8 Likes

Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by Hanibbal(m): 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2022
seunny4lif:

Exactly. When winter kicks in it will be difficult for thos countries supporting Ukraine to continue their support cause people at home will be annoyed that they are suffering and their countries keep sending aid to Ukraine.

Germany already said two weeks ago that they can't plunder and empty their military arsenal because of Ukraine.

8 Likes

Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by seunny4lif(m): 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2022
Hanibbal:

Exactly. When winter kicks in it will be difficult for thos countries supporting Ukraine to continue their support cause people at home will be annoyed that they are suffering and their countries keep sending aid to Ukraine.

Germany already said two weeks ago that they can't plunder and empty their military because of Ukraine.
Estonia that was shouting anti Russia sanctions have increased its exports of oil to Asia and Estonia does not have any oil well , so where is the oil coming from? Russia oil
Spain have increased its LNG of Russia gas by almost X3 from June till now
Russia oil going to Italia island of Sicilia is over 500K barrels per day over X5 before the war.
Oman to start importing Russia and Iran oil and gas as Saudi and UAE imports almost 1M barrels each per day.

AFU confirmed in Evening Report start of an Russia offensive in whole Donetsk directions few hours after Russia MOD said it.
Infrastructure, positions, equipment, manpower got destroyed!
Russia troops have success at Avdeevka, Krasnogorsk, Pesok & Marinka.
Some AFU positions & fortifications occupied!

9 Likes

Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by DerrickzB: 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2022
Please treat as unserious and disregard as this is the handwork of peddler of falsehood!!!

Same cutting off we have been hearing for over 2months now!! Na wa oo grin!!

Counter offensive ends in more death for Ukraine, defense ends in more death for them!! Which way again

10 Likes

Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by DerrickzB: 8:19pm On Jul 28, 2022
seunny4lif:

You need to understand my comment, Ukraine always said so and so in frontline and it always immediately on MSM yet the reality always came few hours later when Russia troops will take over.

Remember how they took a border pole and took a picture with it saying their troops reached Russia border and it became news but 2 days later, it was fake.
Remember how they risked their lives to take a picture on snake island and lost almost all the troops there due to Russia airstrikes.

Right now, Ukraine war is not even common as people are more concerned about high cost of living going on than Ukraine

Bro please don’t stress urself over that guy!! He knows the truth but perverts it!! I wonder how he eats and sleeps!!

6 Likes

Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2022
seunny4lif:

One thing i hate is people accusing me of What I never did, who is among the persons shouting Ghost of Kiev? Or you think I'm not aware of things i have posted all along the period of the War?
Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by shogsman(m): 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

One thing i hate is people accusing me of What I never did, who is among the persons shouting Ghost of Kiev? Or you think I'm not aware of things i have posted all along the period of the War?
If you had working brains you will not make a thread about a lousy bridge attack that didn't even immobile a single bridge.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2022
shogsman:

If you had working brains you will not make a thread about a lousy bridge attack that didn't even immobile a single bridge.

A Stupid person comments without knowing facts. Ukraine Goverment stated clearly that They don't intend to destroy the bridge, But to degrade it so Russia or Heavy Military vehicles can't supply weapons through it, But can still be use by light vehicles for humanitarian needs.
Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by seunny4lif(m): 9:04pm On Jul 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

I might be wrong about you mentioning it
I’m sorry for that, for that ni oooh before you will think it’s another thing grin
Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by seunny4lif(m): 9:05pm On Jul 28, 2022
shogsman:

Russia already created a bridge
Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 28, 2022
seunny4lif:

I might be wrong about you mentioning it
I’m sorry for that, for that ni oooh before you will think it’s another thing grin

Whatever i say, i know, that was never said by me.
Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by RikudoSennin: 9:13pm On Jul 28, 2022
Netherlands just told Ukraine that no more weapons. One more month left for summer grin. Me i know all this propaganda will rest once Donbas is captured only few cities left.

No quote me if i no quote you o or else uragan will fall on your head grin

2 Likes

Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by seunny4lif(m): 9:13pm On Jul 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

Whatever i say, i know, that was never said by me.
Meanwhile US Secretary of State Blinken announced plans to speak with Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov in the next days.
Lavrov responded that he will address the US request for a call with Blinken when he has time as his schedule is busy now cheesy

I love this meme
Whosoever ever inverted it need better pay grin

3 Likes

Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by Vl3ly: 9:17pm On Jul 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

Ahahaha, you cracked me up really bad with that. grin grin I'm BritishNaija.

Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by nedu666: 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2022
Since ukraine has destroyed the 4 bridges leading to kherson, how will the soldiers of ukraine enter the city. Secondly zelensky officials asked citizens to evacuate kherson, how will dat happen since they've blown the bridges
Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by Alamkir: 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2022
seunny4lif:

Russia already created a bridge
This is true, this is d bridge

2 Likes

Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by seunny4lif(m): 10:34pm On Jul 28, 2022
nedu666:
Since ukraine has destroyed the 4 bridges leading to kherson, how will the soldiers of ukraine enter the city. Secondly zelensky officials asked citizens to evacuate kherson, how will dat happen since they've blown the bridges
You too no understand grin

3 Likes

Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by ken6488(m): 10:35pm On Jul 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

Russian troops in Kherson have been "virtually cut off" from other occupied territory and left vulnerable after Ukraine scaled up its counter-offensive in the region, the UK’s military intelligence has said.

In an update on Thursday, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) said Ukraine’s attacks on Russian-held Kherson were “gaining momentum” after its forces struck Antonivskyi Bridge, which it said was likely rendered unusable.

The strategic bridge, still standing but pierced with holes, is essential for Moscow to supply its occupying forces in the south.

The MoD said Ukrainian troops have used new long-range artillery to damage at least three bridges on the Dnipro river, which runs through the centre of Ukraine from Kherson in the south to Kyiv in the north.

It said: “Russia’s 49th Army, stationed on the west bank of the Dnipro River, now looks highly vulnerable.”

It added that Russia’s loss of control over Kherson would “severely undermine [its] attempts to paint the occupation as a success”.

Russian officials have said they would instead use floating bridges and ferries to get their soldiers across the river.

Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky said on Wednesday in his nightly address: “We are doing everything to ensure that the occupying forces do not have any logistical opportunities in our country.”

One of Mr Zelensky’s advisers, Oleksiy Arestovych, said Russia was conducting a “massive redeployment” of forces from the east to the south to defend the Kherson region.

Oleksiy Danilov, secretary of Ukraine’s National Security and Defence Council, has tweeted that Russia was concentrating “the maximum number of troops” in the direction of the Kherson.

Meanwhile, Vladimir Putin’s forces have launched missile strikes on the Kyiv and Chernihiv regions, areas that have not been targeted in weeks. Shelling has also hit Kharkiv and Mykolaiv.

On Wednesday, Russian-backed forces said they had captured the coal-fired Vuhlehirsk power plant, Ukraine’s second-largest, in the eastern Donetsk region. It is reported to be Moscow’s first significant gain in more than three weeks.

Also in Donetsk, Moscow-backed separatists have accused Ukrainian forces of killing four civilians and injuring 11 amid shelling. The report could not be verified by the Reuters news.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/russia-held-kherson-virtually-cut-113511746.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink
So how will Ukraine troops enter
Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2022
ken6488:
So how will Ukraine troops enter
The Ukraine side have bridge, while the bridge to Crimea route for weapons supply is damaged.
Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 28, 2022
[quote author=Vl3ly post=115172973][/quote]

ANY Pontoon bridge in that Area is s sitting and practical targets for Ukraine, Russia should know better thAn that.
Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 28, 2022
seunny4lif:

Meanwhile US Secretary of State Blinken announced plans to speak with Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov in the next days.
Lavrov responded that he will address the US request for a call with Blinken when he has time as his schedule is busy now cheesy

I love this meme
Whosoever ever inverted it need better pay grin

That is politics for you, Russia still pained by the sanctions.
Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by seunny4lif(m): 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

That is politics for you, Russia still pained by the sanctions.
If Russia is pained as you claimed, why is the USA the one calling for talk with Russia not the other way around.

Why is France President calling Putin phones not the other way around.
Countries are inviting Russia officials and welcome them with red carpet.
Biden travelled all the way to Saudi only for Saudi to say NO at the same time announced that even they Saudi imports almost 1M barrels of Russia oil per day.
Egypt cancelled its wheat deal with Ukraine just 24 hrs after meeting with Russia FM.

Why are USA biggest allies in the Middle East making more deals with Russia.
Everyone is calling Moscow because now they have another option.
20 years ago, them no born anybody to do anyhow to whatever USA said but today it’s not so anymore.

USA need Saudi now more than Saudi need USA as this war now shows everyone.

5 Likes

Re: Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen by ken6488(m): 11:34pm On Jul 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

The Ukraine side have bridge, while the bridge to Crimea route for weapons supply is damaged.
What make you think that Russia missles will not take that out

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Russia And India No Longer Need US Dollar – BRICS President / Iaea Info Suggests Iran Worked On Nuclear Missile / Us, Uk, French Heads Demand Iran Nuke Site Opened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.