Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic (33962 Views)

Sunday Igboho's Bank Accounts Frozen, Rejects Award By Yoruba Youths / Apc’s Direct Primary Ploy By Buhari To Rig 2019 Elections, PDP Alleges / How Tinubu, Oshiomhole And Balarabe Musa Stopped My Defection - Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by Charmingrascal(m): 11:02am On Jan 19, 2020
As if these aboki characters think they own Nigeria and whatever they want should be strictly ahere to, without any other character antagonizing their uncivilized egoistic filled badderdash. Yoruba ronu oo! Ronu oo! It's now we can call for restructuring.
It's obvious that Tinubu's ambition of becoming the President in 2023 is already been dumped in the waste bin.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by Iamgrey5(m): 11:02am On Jan 19, 2020
Marine54:
Bros, don't trust these people, the're back stabber, remember what happen in 1966 and 2015.
What happened in 1966?

A coup that brought an igbo military head of state to power

What happened in 2015?

A rejection by Nigerians of Jonathan government

What is the relationship between these aforementioned events and the Yorubas?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 19, 2020
EzeCanada:

Who told you Omotuken is for protection of life and property? This same Omotuken that you see today will be used to extort monies from Ndi Igbo in the SW and for other sinister motives tomorrow just like LASTMA in Lagos.

"What an old man can see sitting down, a young man can't see even if he climbs the highest iroko tree"

Come to think of it... " where are the cows?"

Would lastma catch you without offence?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by ZombieTERROR: 11:05am On Jan 19, 2020
Marine54:
Bros, don't trust these people, the're back stabber, remember what happen in 1966 and 2015.

Amotekun is for South West....
No worries

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by Iamgrey5(m): 11:07am On Jan 19, 2020
EzeCanada:

Who told you Omotuken is for protection of life and property? This same Omotuken that you see today will be used to extort monies from Ndi Igbo in the SW and for other sinister motives tomorrow just like LASTMA in Lagos.

"What an old man can see sitting down, a young man can't see even if he climbs the highest iroko tree"

Just like civilian joint task and Hisbah forces are being used to extort monies from only igbos for years in the north abi?

iF Yorubas wanted to extort monies from igbos we won't even need to establish a force to do that!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by EzeCanada: 11:07am On Jan 19, 2020
Esseite:

Would lastma catch you without offence?

Ask LASTMA
Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by CharlotteFlair: 11:10am On Jan 19, 2020
Marine54:
I am not a northener, i am ss, Akwa ibom to be precise.....
Akwa Ibom adu ok! My guy, Amotoekun must survive.
What you should be agitating for is for your people to do same because police and army have failed woefully.

The threat of fulani forceful invasion and take over is real and present.

Ritual killings everywhere!

Banditry!!

Kidnappings!!

Nowhere is safe!

The people have never been so insecure.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by CharlotteFlair: 11:14am On Jan 19, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Yet, most northern states where Buhari enjoys nearly 90% support have one form of Vigilante militia or the other trying to protect them from criminal activities. So why not the South West.

Meanwhile, nobody ask specifically for the help of igbos. They are simply looking for alliance to fight their own battles.
Alliance??

I swear no one person can do it alone.

Try and see.

1 Like

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by Mgbadike80: 11:15am On Jan 19, 2020
let's peacefully break up Nigeria in a referendum because at the rate we're going, a bitter civil war might break out soon.

6 Likes

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by spinna: 11:19am On Jan 19, 2020
Odua republic is sounding really really good to me now. These our 'brothers' around us are not progressive minded and both love to call us cowards amongst other insults dragging us and the whole contraption backwards. All the while benefitting from us. Make everybody dey I'm own. And we are wise enough to do it without excess bloodshed. Our children will have a better life. I just thank God I'm part of the Westsyde crew. It's clear that war has been declared by the Fulani on the rest of Nigeria for like 5 years now just in covert form. Tyrants must be resisted .. We must all find out courage right now.

18 Likes

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by Iamgrey5(m): 11:21am On Jan 19, 2020
CharlotteFlair:
Alliance??

I swear no one person can do it alone.

Try and see.
Hence the strategic alliance of some igbos on this matter.

It can even be called a strategic partnership as there are definitely many issues Yorubas and igbos still disagree on.

One thing we can agree on down here in the south(Yorubas, igbos and other minorities) is the threat to our daily lives by So called Fulani herdsmen from the north.

Hence, every one is simply fighting for themselves here in the south using the vehicle of Amotekun.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by Subduer: 11:27am On Jan 19, 2020
CharlotteFlair:
But my question is, why didn't the governors get legal backing of their state assemblies before rolling out?

Why create such a lacuna for the opposers to latch on, why put the cart before the horse?

Best Strategy. If they went 1st to State Assemblies, the Fulanis would have used Blackmail to scuttle this effort.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by Subduer: 11:35am On Jan 19, 2020
Buhari's visible program is to make native Nigerians servants of the minority/Settler Fulanis. And ain't gonna work

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by Tranquillity360: 11:36am On Jan 19, 2020
Oshigun:

What is wrong with you shameless attention-seekers? SW begging for your help? Which Yorubas are asking for your support? Kanu is busy pledging 1 million men to Amotekun and Yorubas are consistently telling him and IPOB to eff off so what is this your foolish nonsense about? Note that it is people that act , i.e North and SW, who have issues. Something will give. Why don't you just wait and watch by the side instead of trying to attach yourself to events unfolding by force and through your usual 'notice me' empty noise-making your useless Oga , i.e Kanu, is noted for?

Leave the heavyweights to fight. I have always told you lot that Nigeria is over if the Yorubas leave spiritually. We are not like others who fool themselves and can never leave their shops, businesses and wealth to fight for a worthy cause that will affect the future of their people.
If igbos,hausafulanis and other tribes decide that you yorubas are not going anywhere,you are going No
where.

Stop boosting as if you yorubas get ball.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by CharlotteFlair: 11:39am On Jan 19, 2020
Subduer:

Best Strategy. If they went 1st to State Assemblies, the Fulanis would have used Blackmail to scuttle this effort.
I don't get it. Are they not using the same blackmail now?

Why then are we comparing it to hisbah which has legal backing?
Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by aminusodiq(m): 11:54am On Jan 19, 2020
EzeCanada:
Omotuken this. Omotuken that. Omotuken here. Omotuken there. Who is this Omotuken if I may ask?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by aminusodiq(m): 11:54am On Jan 19, 2020
jantofubu:

Amotekun is yoruba name for a cheetah
Due to its swiftness, agility and perceptive ability, a coalition of south west governors formed a security outfit to battle the menace of banditry, herdsmen destroying people's farm, kidnapping etc

But you see these Northern touts shouting think Yoruba people are as wicked as they are, so they are tagging the operation amotekun all sort of names they deem fit for it.

They want to be in control of every region, and do anything they like without being questioned...

The north have sharia law the south didn't oppose
The north have hisbah police the south didn't oppose
The north have civilian jtf carry ak47 among others, the south didn't complain

Now just operation amotekun from the south, they are crying like demented fools... The fact that they are apprehensive will make this amotekun a success at all cost...
amotekun is leopard

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by Dreambeat: 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2020
Amotekun has come to stay whether the parasitic north likes it or not.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by surgical: 12:05pm On Jan 19, 2020
Marine54:
THE FEDERAL IS ALLIANCE B/W NORTH AND SOUTHWEST.... SE AND SS has no business supporting The so called amotekun, because the southwest brought this mess upon themself. I could remember vividly, in 2015 how the shouting, sai baba to spite the igbos and the southsouth. And 2019 4+4... Now why trying to shield themself from the evil they deliberately brought upon us...
you can cut your nose and spite your face
Your unnecessary bitterness has prevented you from deep thinking

2 Likes

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by jantofubu(m): 12:26pm On Jan 19, 2020
aminusodiq:
amotekun is leopard
ok sir
Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 19, 2020
Tranquillity360:
If igbos,hausafulanis and other tribes decide that you yorubas are not going anywhere,you are going No
where.

Stop boosting as if you yorubas get ball.

This is the problem. You people don't have the expansive mind and vision of Yorubas exemplified by the leadership and achievements of Awolowo that is still unrivalled today. When Awolowo launched free education, was the SW an independent nation called Oodua Republic back then or still under Nigeria?

It is you SE, SS and North who have shackled yourselves mentally by linking regional autonomy inextricably with the physical break-up and demarcation of Nigeria. Yorubas can be in Nigeria, forge their own independent lives, and effectively turn their back on other Nigerians if we conclude this is what we have to do. We won't be slaves to fighting for physical secession we know others may use 200 years to deny us because of touted population superiority.

If you are wise and have ever being in a relation with an independent-minded person then you will know it is not until a man or woman leaves your house before you appreciate they are no longer your husband/wife and no longer interested in being with you. If Yorubas are truly fed up of Nigeria, and I believe the wrong handling of Amotekun can cause this, then I will see how the rest of you can force us to interact with you.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by Lipscomb(m): 12:55pm On Jan 19, 2020
You should work on the use of English language first before you start against amotekun. You can't write the name correctly and i doubt your ability to pronounce it correctly.
EzeCanada:

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by Xisnin(m): 1:05pm On Jan 19, 2020
CharlotteFlair:
But my question is, why didn't the governors get legal backing of their state assemblies before rolling out?

Why create such a lacuna for the opposers to latch on, why put the cart before the horse?

They don't need legal backing.
There are vigilantes and security networks operating across Nigeria.
None of them were created by law.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by CharlotteFlair: 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2020
Xisnin:

They don't need legal backing.
There are vigilantes and security networks operating across Nigeria.
None of them were created by law.
So why are they now scrambling now to get legal backing for it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by aljharem(m): 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2020
And what wrong with that ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by puremaker7(m): 1:08pm On Jan 19, 2020
this is the time for the south to be united, not until what is happening in Kaduna- Abuja highway get to the south.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 19, 2020
For those who don't know, Amotekun, the Cheetah is the FASTEST land animal currently in existence. smiley

I'm glad it is striking fear in the hearts of the Northern oligarchy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 19, 2020
CharlotteFlair:

I think this is the proper order though.

Create an object, then use the law to back it up.

It is easier and faster that way.

The initiative came from the state EXECUTIVES, not the LEGISLATIVES.

It's easier for 6 men to meet and reach a conclusion, then seek the approval of their respective parliament than waiting for the parliament of each state to sit and start debating c.ock and bull stories.

That would waste time and make the Northerners move to squelch it before it even takes off.

Now it has taken off it'd be easy to get the Houses of Assembly to stamp it and we move from there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by Snapchat: 1:21pm On Jan 19, 2020
Marine54:
THE FEDERAL IS ALLIANCE B/W NORTH AND SOUTHWEST.... SE AND SS has no business supporting The so called amotekun, because the southwest brought this mess upon themself. I could remember vividly, in 2015 how the shouting, sai baba to spite the igbos and the southsouth. And 2019 4+4... Now why trying to shield themself from the evil they deliberately brought upon us...

The fact that you fail to see that the Yorubas are not calling for your help. Rather, it was your highly revered master Kanu, that wants to support Operation Amotekun with one million Biafrans. Which will be rejected anyways.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by selemempe: 1:27pm On Jan 19, 2020
Oshigun:

What is wrong with you shameless attention-seekers? SW begging for your help? Which Yorubas are asking for your support? Kanu is busy pledging 1 million men to Amotekun and Yorubas are consistently telling him and IPOB to eff off so what is this your foolish nonsense about? Note that it is people that act , i.e North and SW, who have issues. Something will give. Why don't you just wait and watch by the side instead of trying to attach yourself to events unfolding by force and through your usual 'notice me' empty noise-making your useless Oga , i.e Kanu, is noted for?

Leave the heavyweights to fight. I have always told you lot that Nigeria is over if the Yorubas leave spiritually. We are not like others who fool themselves and can never leave their shops, businesses and wealth to fight for a worthy cause that will affect the future of their people.
Awon chest beaters ni

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by CharlotteFlair: 1:31pm On Jan 19, 2020
FrLukas:

I think this is the proper order though.

Create an object, then use the law to back it up.

It is easier and faster that way.

The initiative came from the state EXECUTIVES, not the LEGISLATIVES.

It's easier for 6 men to meet and reach a conclusion, then seek the approval of their respective parliament than waiting for the parliament of each state to sit and start debating c.ock and bull stories.

That would waste time and make the Northerners move to squelch it before it even takes off.

Now it has taken off it'd be easy to get the Houses of Assembly to stamp it and we move from there.
No sir! I beg to disagree.

The governors getting legal backing could not take more than three days if the matter was considered urgent or very important.Those whom you think would have stopped it then are now going to do half the job were Amotoekun given legal backing, lati ile!

I honestly see some powerful Yoruba politicians working underground to undermine it.
Re: Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic by buoye1(m): 1:33pm On Jan 19, 2020
jantofubu:

Bro why u dey use igbo intonation grin
i dey read the stuff and lwkmd! omotuken indeed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Umahi Constructs 3 Flyovers In Abakaliki, Ebonyi At The Same Time (Pics) / APC Senators Divided Over Saraki’s Successor / Maina Arrives In Court For Trial Without Wheelchair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.