Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun (2001 Views)

Garus Gololo: South-West’s Stand On Amotekun Could Cost Them 2023 Presidency / Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity / Soyinka Slams Musa Balarabe Over Comment On Amotekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 19, 2020
Northerner Decries Spate Of Insecurity, Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun

Northern States comprising north-west and north-central are allegedly under siege by armed robbers who carry out their nefarious activities in brood daylight.
A Public Affairs Communicator and firm believer on positive change, who simply identified himself as Hamma, on social media, took to his twitter handle @HaHayatu, said these hoodlums walk freely.
According to him, "Bandits and kidnappers freely move between Kaduna, katsina, Zamfara and Niger states.
While giving credence to security outfits, Amotekun, established by the South-west governors, he condemned the north for speaking against the idea.
Said he: "instead of us to know how to have our own Amotekun we are antagonizing the initiative", he said.
Hamma, who took a swipe on the police, said the police have disappointed Nigerians, hence state governors are thinking outside the box to ensure security for their people.
"The police have failed thats why people are seeking alternative community policing, must we all be kill"

http://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/07b6b2746f835e83c5140781985495b3?client=news

Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by benpuzzy(m): 5:04pm On Jan 19, 2020
Volume

2 Likes

Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by coolitempa(f): 5:08pm On Jan 19, 2020
Some northerners are still very sensible...thank Goodness. I still don't see how Amotekun which was created to safeguard lives is viewed in a negative light....the earlier they realise that there will be no backing down on this outfit, the better it will be for all of us.

Gaddem it....Amotekun is here to stay.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by budaatum: 5:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
budaatum:

Amotekun is not the solution, as it would just create militia all over Nigeria, or have you not yet heard that some people now want ipobtekun? Soon, you will have Fulanitekun and Hausatekun and Ibibiotekun, and Nasarawatekun and Bornotekun and Kanotekun and the whole of Nigeria will become tekunmised like Libya, and this while we celebrate 50 years after Biafratekun!

Thankfully, only a few haven't learnt that lesson.
Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by slimfit1(m): 5:10pm On Jan 19, 2020
Finally we find someone with sense praise God.
Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by ZombieHUNT: 5:10pm On Jan 19, 2020
Truth has never been this truthful.....

Those against Amotekun are from hell

Cc badaatum

3 Likes

Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by Gabkosh: 5:12pm On Jan 19, 2020
Loud it
Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by Racoon(m): 5:13pm On Jan 19, 2020
The most fearful revolution will be the day the down- trodden northern masses will revolt against their leaders or elites.

They've perpetually kept these poor souls under bondage using stark illiteracy, weaponization of poverty, antagonism to orthodox education, fanatic islamic indoctrination, enforcement of the born-to-rule mentality.

With the current agitation for a complete restructuring of Nigeria across the regions, it wont be long before this will happen.Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by MayorofLagos(m): 5:14pm On Jan 19, 2020
Thats Saidu Hamma. Find him here and what he said regarding miyetti allah.

https://www.nairaland.com/5635850/miyetti-allah-govt-complicity-revealed#85861397
Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by budaatum: 5:16pm On Jan 19, 2020
ZombieHUNT:
Truth has never been this truthful.....

Those against Amotekun are from hell

Cc badaatum
Are they? You went to hell and saw them there?
Pity they never let you back on earth.

1 Like

Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by DaBullIT(m): 5:16pm On Jan 19, 2020
One chilled Kunu for this guy

he's sensible , Boko is not haram for him

2 Likes

Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by Sirjamo: 5:35pm On Jan 19, 2020
If they think they can use the lure of 2023 presidency to cajole us to abandon Amotekun, they are deceiving themselves. If Yoruba do not get the presidency in 2023, one of SE or SS must get it. There's no way the north would continue beyond 2023

BTW, where is Asiwaju? he needs to start talking now or we stop seeing him as our leader. Awolowo or Ajasin would have written a book to support Amotekun and would have been present at it launching!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by solmusdesigns: 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
Nice one
Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by princemillla(m): 6:40pm On Jan 19, 2020
Better. See person wey DEy reason well
Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:47pm On Jan 19, 2020
budaatum:

Are they? You went to hell and saw them there?
Pity they never let you back on earth.

You Northerners need help,
All your villages are empty
All your youths have fled their cities and are driving Okada or fetching water in the south,
we would never allow you turn SW to one big IDP camp

1 Like

Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by budaatum: 6:55pm On Jan 19, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

You Northerners need help,
All your villages are empty
All your youths have fled their cities and are driving Okada or fetching water in the south,
we would never allow you turn SW to one big IDP camp
The Orolu Kingdom of Ifon Osun is not in the North. I've highlighted it on a map for you so you can attempt to reduce your own ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:01pm On Jan 19, 2020
So Orolu Kingdom of Osun State needs Amotekun ??
Abi the insecurity never tire you?
You want it to remain the same?
Explain pls

budaatum:

The Orolu Kingdom of Ifon Osun is not in the North. I've highlighted it on a map for you so you can attempt to reduce your own ignorance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by aminusodiq(m): 7:21pm On Jan 19, 2020
So... Dia ar sensible northerners grin Mo foo
ooo

Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by deji68: 7:23pm On Jan 19, 2020
The Guy is sensible one of my favourite tweeter handle.... cool
Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by budaatum: 7:35pm On Jan 19, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
So Orolu Kingdom of Osun State needs Amotekun ??
Abi the insecurity never tire you?
You want it to remain the same?
Explain pls
Orolu Kingdom of Osun State does not need Amotekun because no Fulani terrorises us or make us insecure on our fatherland! We have Fulani herdsmen, but nobody born their mama and papa for them to be causing trouble in the Kingdom! If they dare, our unofficial amotekun to bes will set up a new festival likely called Fulani Herdsmen which we will celebrate with their cattle! We too like meat to resist. Besides, our 'enemies' are our own neighbours, who we accuse and constantly fight for allegedly stealing our land. Any arming of my people will be to fight them, and not Fulanis who peacefully live amongst us, which is one reason I am against amotekun as it would be used to resolve old rivalries that have nothing to do with Fulani or herds of cattles.

For your information, Hausas have dwelt amonst us in the Orolu Kingdom for decades. The came to buy our kolanut and have literally become indigenes and use our old cocoa warehouses as depots for beans and maize from the North. Igbos have turned Agunbelewo along Osogbo-Ogbomoso Road into Aba market whilst living in the peaceful Orolu Kingdom. And Fulanis are plenty as they get to fatten their cows with the tall grass along the Owalla River before taking them to market.

1 Like

Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:45pm On Jan 19, 2020
You sound like the indigenes of Orolu are animals just waiting for weapons to descend of their neighbors.
Amotekun is not a LGA militia, they are registered with the state, no weapons would be distributed about, if Hausa-Fulanis, igbos and indigenes themselves are peaceful then why get worried?
I remember when the border was closed, the supporters had a simple question
"Are you a smuggler"
Ask yourself "are you a terrorist or a sympathizer?"

budaatum:

Orolu Kingdom of Osun State does not need Amotekun because no Fulani terrorises us or make us insecure on our fatherland! We have Fulani herdsmen, but nobody born their mama and papa for them to be causing trouble in the Kingdom! If they dare, our unofficial amotekun to bes will set up a new festival likely called Fulani Herdsmen which we will celebrate with their cattle! We too like meat to resist. Besides, our 'enemies' are our own neighbours, who we accuse and constantly fight for allegedly stealing our land. Any arming of my people will be to fight them, and not Fulanis who peacefully live amongst us, which is one reason I am against amotekun as it would be used to resolve old rivalries that have nothing to do with Fulani or herds of cattles.

For your information, Hausas have dwelt amonst us in the Orolu Kingdom for decades. The came to buy our kolanut and have literally become indigenes and use our old cocoa warehouses as depots for beans and maize from the North. Igbos have turned Agunbelewo along Osogbo-Ogbomoso Road into Aba market whilst living in the peaceful Orolu Kingdom. And Fulanis are plenty as they get to fatten their cows with the tall grass along the Owalla River before taking them to market.

1 Like

Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by budaatum: 8:00pm On Jan 19, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
You sound like the indigenes of Orolu are animals just waiting for weapons to descend of their neighbors.
Amotekun is not a LGA militia, they are registered with the state, no weapons would be distributed about, if Hausa-Fulanis, igbos and indigenes themselves are peaceful then why get worried?
I remember when the border was closed, the supporters had a simple question
"Are you a smuggler"
Ask yourself "are you a terrorist or a sympathizer?"
I advise you read carefully with an aim to understand instead of blinding yourself with your preconceived inferred ideas!

No, I do not "sound like indigenes of Orolu are animals just waiting for weapons to descend on their neighbors".

We, the indigenes of the Orolu Kingdom will descend on any one who refuses to dwell peacefully amongst us, and we already descend on our neighbours whenever they descend our land. And they too will have amotekun if it were allowed which would result in an Orolu Kingdom Amotekun vs Neighbour Amotekun's war and bloodshed.
Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:03pm On Jan 19, 2020
Amotekun Orolu vs Neighbors Amotekun
Hahahaha is that some kind of joke?
Now you are the one with preconceived wild ideas. Let you villagers shed your little hate and join the yoruba nation, this is bigger than your LGA

budaatum:

I advise you read carefully with an aim to understand instead of blinding yourself with your preconceived inferred ideas!

No, I do not "sound like indigenes of Orolu are animals just waiting for weapons to descend on their neighbors".

We, the indigenes of the Orolu Kingdom will descend on any one who refuses to dwell peacefully amongst us, and we already descend on our neighbours whenever they descend our land. And they too will have amotekun if it were allowed which would result in an Orolu Kingdom Amotekun vs Neighbour Amotekun's war and bloodshed.

Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by budaatum: 8:10pm On Jan 19, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
Amotekun Orolu vs Neighbors Amotekun
Hahahaha is that some kind of joke?
Now you are the one with preconceived wild ideas. Let you villagers shed your little hate and join the yoruba nation, this is bigger than your LGA
It may sound like a kind of joke to you, but it isn't a joke to us in the Orolu Kingdom. Our Orolu Kingdom Fulanis are relatively peaceful people. If they cause us trouble we will trouble their cattle. And the Orolu-Neighbour war is an ongoing real one in which people have died. It would be silly of me to be worried about that which does not cause me trouble while ignoring that which does.
Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:15pm On Jan 19, 2020
budaatum:

It may sound like a kind of joke to you, but it isn't a joke to us in the Orolu Kingdom. Our Orolu Kingdom Fulanis are relatively peaceful people. If they cause us trouble we will trouble their cattle. And the Orolu-Neighbour war is an ongoing real one in which people have died. It would be silly of me to be worried about that which does not cause me trouble while ignoring that which does.

My friend you people need Amotekun if you are truly from there,
Enough of your petty wars
The SW is thinking what it can do for the country like you said smiley

1 Like

Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 19, 2020
I expect the north to be organising their own not criticising solutions

1 Like

Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by budaatum: 8:22pm On Jan 19, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

My friend you people need Amotekun if you are truly from there,
You, who thought my Orolu Kingdom is in the North of Nigeria, are telling me what my Kingdom needs?

Please forgive me for endeavouring to use my own brain instead of borrowing yours.
Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:34pm On Jan 19, 2020
I forgive you
Yoruba's don't want to be IDP cases
Are you not worried about the "herdsmen from Libya" that massacre villages?
Slit open the throats of children and the govt tells you to give up your land? Or learn to be good neighbors?

Sometimes u gotta help people think,
People that think the head is for wearing caps alone

budaatum:

You, who thought my Orolu Kingdom is in the North of Nigeria, are telling me what my Kingdom needs?

Please forgive me for endeavouring to use my own brain instead of borrowing yours.
Re: Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun by budaatum: 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
I forgive you
Yoruba's don't want to be IDP cases
Are you not worried about the "herdsmen from Libya" that massacre villages?
Slit open the throats of children and the govt tells you to give up your land? Or learn to be good neighbors?

Sometimes u gotta help people think,
People that think the head is for wearing caps alone

Government did not and can not make me give up my land. As I've stated already but which you seem to be ignoring, we are already fighting those who want to take our land, which should show you the extent we'd go to keep it.

No "herdsmen from Libya" or anywhere else can come take it from us or our amotekun wanna bes would deal with them and their herd. It's Yorubaland, after all. I wonder what you think Oro is for if not for scaring foreigners who refuse to know their place and be good guests.

(1) (Reply)

Simple Reason Wike Can't Reign In EDO / When Will Tinubu And Osibanjo Empower His People Like Igbos Politician Do? / El-rufai Govt Shuts Down Bet9ja, Kingbet, Others In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.