Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,122 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate (2957 Views)

Regional Security: Outcome Of South-East Governor's Meeting Held Today In Enugu / South-South Governors To Establish Regional Security Outfit / NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by CharlotteFlair: 8:36am On Jan 20, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Madam, I am not against Amotekun but SW in their usual old behavior is trying to play smart.

I am fully in support of Amotekun but let's follow the right step.

You don't get regional security through backdoor but clearly through constitutional review. If they need regional they should come let's amend the constitution or what they afraid of?

If they need Hisbah style, then let them come disband Amotekun and go their various states and form their own security watch independent of the other.

Amotekun is purely Illegal as far as regional force is concerned.

SW are running away from constitutional review but want an Illegal Amotekun accommodated .

Who does that?
The issue is a dicey one. You know the politics surrounding constitutional amendments, SW alone can't do it.

Are you happy with the State of insecurity all over the place?

I live in Lagos, but any time I read about kidnapping, killing or raping of old women especially, I pray for my mum to remain safe.

The conventional security outfits have failed woefully.

This Amotoekun is a low hanging fruit, let's give it a chance.

1 Like

Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 20, 2020
CharlotteFlair:
The issue is a dicey one. You know the politics surrounding constitutional amendments, SW alone can't do it.

Are you happy with the State of insecurity all over the place?

I live in Lagos, but any time I read about kidnapping, killing or raping of old women especially, I pray for my mum to remain safe.

The conventional security outfits have failed woefully.

This Amotoekun is a low hanging fruit, let's give it a chance.

No , nobody should give illegality a chance or people trying to be smart when we all know where the problem lies.

SE even SS has been calling for constitutional review even NC is doing same buy SW feels since Osinbajo is VP it may affect him.

What we need in Nigeria is permanent solution backed by law and not temporary Amotekun.

We are willing to support SW on constitutional amendment. What ekweremmadu has been talking for years.

Others are willing to support them SE, SS,NC..

The four zone is enough majority to get it done.

1 Like

Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by CharlotteFlair: 9:00am On Jan 20, 2020
Osagyefo98:

No , nobody should give illegality a chance or people trying to be smart when we all know where the problem lies.

SE even SS has been calling for constitutional review even NC is doing same buy SW feels since Osinbajo is VP it may affect him.

What we need in Nigeria is permanent solution backed by law and not temporary Amotekun.

We are willing to support SW on constitutional amendment. What ekweremmadu has been talking for years.

Yes you are right, but still on still, this palliative measure is welcome.
Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 20, 2020
CharlotteFlair:
Yes you are right, but still on still, this palliative measure is welcome.

Not in situations like this.

Supporting it is playing to the gallery.

1 Like

Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by tammie24: 9:07am On Jan 20, 2020
Conner44:

But we do care what happens in your region

It’s ONE NIGERIA remember?

If Amotekun isn’t handled properly it will become a new boko haram. Do you want a new terrorist network in your SW?

That’s how the north chose their own poison that time, now the choices are in front of yorubas and they too are reaching for the poison instead of the medicine
Worry about your Boko Haram that you have deliberately not curbed cos you have all the resources to do so. Keep deceiving yourselves with all your fake fights.

And tell your new terrorist organization Fulani herdsmen that we are coming for them.

They dey learn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by Conner44: 9:09am On Jan 20, 2020
ItooWorWor:

I never said have started operation, but since the annoucement of the outfit robbries and kidnaping on the highways have stoped.

You must either be living in the city hence your ignorance

Or maybe you’re living in delusion undecided
Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by ItooWorWor(m): 9:11am On Jan 20, 2020
Conner44:

You must either be living in the city hence your ignorance
Or maybe you’re living in delusion undecided
Stop quoting me you bloodsucking bastard terrorist from futa jalon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by Conner44: 9:13am On Jan 20, 2020
tammie24:
Worry about your Boko Haram that you have deliberately not curbed cos you have all the resources to do so. Keep deceiving yourselves with all your fake fights.

And tell your new terrorist organization Fulani herdsmen that we are coming for them.

They dey learn

Do you know how many of these cheetah cats in your pic that herdsmen encounter and kill on a daily in the SW forests since their conquest?

It’s many bro, Amotekun is just a regular cat when faced with an AK47. It’s cat meat and Fulani eat it up as a delicacy whenever they see bush cats.

Why not choose lion? Why a small tiny cheetah?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by Conner44: 9:14am On Jan 20, 2020
ItooWorWor:

Stop quoting me you bloodsucking bastard terrorist from futa jalon

I can quote you anytime I like. Na you start am cool
Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by ProudDick: 9:15am On Jan 20, 2020
FriendNG:
1. Every state in Nigeria is independent and there is nothing like regional force. Therefore each southwest state assembly should pass a bill establishing the security watch vigilante group.

2. Each state Amotekun must have a unique registered name (example: Lagos State Amotekun Security Watch, Oyo State Amotekun Security Watch etc).

3. Each state "Amotekun" should have it own individual leader. (Although leaders from different states can have a forum just like Governors forum to exchange ideas)

4. Amotekun members of a particular state cannot work outside the state upon which they are recruited. Example: An Amotekun member of Ekiti state cannot make an arrest or any other security function in Ondo state.

In summary Amotekun cannot be a regional force but state force, unless the constitution is amended for regionalization. In such a case the Southwest House of Representatives will establish it own regional security.

And who the fvck are you?
Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by fulanimafia: 9:15am On Jan 20, 2020
Ritchiee:

I bet this is Fulanimafia I respect you as an individual Not all Fulanis are bad Pls,stay off this. Thanks.

Sorry but you're mistaken.

Cheers.
Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by tammie24: 9:20am On Jan 20, 2020
Conner44:

Do you know how many of these cheetah cats in your pic that herdsmen encounter and kill on a daily in the SW forests since their conquest?

It’s many bro, Amotekun is just a regular cat when faced with an AK47. It’s cat meat and Fulani eat it up as a delicacy whenever they see bush cats.

alright

Would you like to join then Fulani herdsmen army to kill a cat too

So you can add it to your collection of stuffed animals.

Come follow enter bush

And please post your news with evidence
Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by ProudDick: 9:22am On Jan 20, 2020
Conner44:

We are fighting one right now, in the bushes and farmlands of the SW. with our cattle and guns.

Where are the Amotekun cowards? The seeding terrorists are nowhere to be found.

Cowards. Come out and fight Na. Do Fulani need a body or umbrella to overrun your farmlands? No. We come in peace and go in pieces lol

Cowards. Where is the Amotekun? Let it come and we will roast it for dinner. Yeye people wey Dey fear fear.

Even benue people fight back better than you all do. Overtaking your lands will be a Piece of cake.

Igbo man why are you crying more than the bereaved?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by ProudDick: 9:24am On Jan 20, 2020
Gabkosh:
What kwara, you mean kwara that the governor their is a Yoruba man and all the city in it are Yoruba with Obas.

Did you fight in kwara, was it not backstabbing your useless parasitic ancestors do. Why afraid when Yorubas said they don't want emir in ilorin again.

When you faced the Yorubas on on one, did you not read how you were completely defeated and ran back to your cursed land.

You attack people when they are sleeping and you call that one brave.

Why do your coward fellow terrorists not show their bravery when they were confronted at Ijare in ondo state.

I repeat, your race is a coward race that is not man enough to face another race one on one.

Stop giving that ibo man attention he craves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by ProudDick: 9:32am On Jan 20, 2020
Osagyefo98:

When have your senators ever called for constitutional review? Stop trying to be relevant. The SW can’t be dictated to. Let the federal government meet us in court.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by jeebz: 9:33am On Jan 20, 2020
Conner44:

Amotekun members are being paid N13,500. Why wouldn’t they renegade and become full blown nuisances once their operation kicks off?

Don’t worry, it’s about to be proscribed
Source
Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by jeebz: 9:42am On Jan 20, 2020
wowcatty:
Thanks for your concern but only Yoruba can set what is legal and operational in the security of their territory. It has to be one rule and It needs to start as regional and then chapters, while every governor pays for those under him and the governors can still be held responsible individually and together. The governors have agreed to do this together and that's what's important. Yoruba abroad should be asked to pay a certain amount every month to support this project because if Yorubaland is safe again, most will want to move back home.
I am fully Yoruba, but I want this to move beyond amotekun to a full blown state/city police.
Let's take an example of a similar regional setup, Ladoke Akintola University. We all know the struggles of finding and others issues that have bedeviled the university co-owned by Oyo and Osun states. The regionality should only be needed in the area of collaboration for interstate issues.
P.S: There are a few things the governors should have done before launch including passing legislation providing the modus operandi and logistics of the outfit. This would be needed in the event of a lawsuit by both the Federal Government and any other "aggrieved" parties. Even the criminals arrested may counter sue stating the outfit that arrested them is "illegal".
We have to be forward thinking and not just think in the interim.
Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by wowcatty: 10:07am On Jan 20, 2020
I still think it should be regional and city, if we go by state just as Nigeria wants to keep exploiting Yoruba, we will just be going in circle. There's a reason why regional govt was suspended to create states, it was to divide Yorubaland and weaken us.
jeebz:

I am fully Yoruba, but I want this to move beyond amotekun to a full blown state/city police.
Let's take an example of a similar regional setup, Ladoke Akintola University. We all know the struggles of finding and others issues that have bedeviled the university co-owned by Oyo and Osun states. The regionality should only be needed in the area of collaboration for interstate issues.
P.S: There are a few things the governors should have done before launch including passing legislation providing the modus operandi and logistics of the outfit. This would be needed in the event of a lawsuit by both the Federal Government and any other "aggrieved" parties. Even the criminals arrested may counter sue stating the outfit that arrested them is "illegal".
Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by Conner44: 10:22am On Jan 20, 2020
tammie24:
alright

Would you like to join then Fulani herdsmen army to kill a cat too

So you can add it to your collection of stuffed animals.

Come follow enter bush

And please post your news with evidence

I don’t need to join. Fulani have the youths needed already. One of their cows safely trained and sold will fetch at least N150k. While your Amotekun are to get N13,500 per month undecided

It’s sad that they are giving the Amotekun peeps hilux. Bandits will take it over and use it for their own operations after expelling the cats onboard. Saboteurs will be numerous in the outfit.

It happens to army against boko haram everyday. Ask around.

1 Like

Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by Conner44: 10:24am On Jan 20, 2020
ProudDick:

Igbo man why are you crying more than the bereaved?

What cry? I’m just trying to sound like how yorubas sounded when others were going through their own struggles.

And it feels good. I’m actually having a harddon cheesy

Yorubas need to get sense, eyes need to be opened and a common truth needs to be told.

I’m just playing with you all sha. But this should teach lessons at the end.

Meanwhile death to Amotekun. It will be the last straw to make sure yorubas fall in line with the program
Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by Conner44: 10:25am On Jan 20, 2020
jeebz:

Source

Travel and see
Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by ProudDick: 10:29am On Jan 20, 2020
Conner44:

What cry? I’m just trying to sound like how yorubas sounded when others were going through their own struggles.

Yorubas need to get sense, eyes need to be opened and a common truth needs to be told.

Meanwhile death to Amotekun. It will be the last straw to make sure yorubas fall in line with the program

You are only sounding ignorant. You fooled some people though thinking you are Fulani. No Fulani could be that stupid.

Your ipob was never supported by your governors. Amotekun is a creation of the governors who are the chief security officers of their states. Akeredolu is a SAN he has told malami to take him to court.

Your own governors invited the FG to kill its own people. They told the FG to proscribe ipob. Our leaders can never sell us cheap.

I already know why you and osagyefo98 are pained. But we are different people.

1 Like

Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by ProudDick: 10:33am On Jan 20, 2020
jeebz:

Anybody have the power to arrest in the constitution. Amotekun is state based. They are not being paid regionally. They were only formed under the regional umbrella. We will meet in court.

1 Like

Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by Gabkosh: 10:34am On Jan 20, 2020
[s]
Osagyefo98:

[/s]Trash as usual. Whether you enemies like it or not, Amotekun is here to stay. You all can shove your opinion down your anus
Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by Gabkosh: 10:35am On Jan 20, 2020
Conner44:

Osu, nothing is ever happy in their lives
Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by Conner44: 11:11am On Jan 20, 2020
Gabkosh:
Osu, nothing is ever happy in their lives

Afonja that will soon cry at amotekun burial grin

Let BUHARI and CJN hurry up jor. I hear they have affirmed all APC governors in Supreme Court today already
Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by Conner44: 11:21am On Jan 20, 2020
ProudDick:

You are only sounding ignorant. You fooled some people though thinking you are Fulani. No Fulani could be that stupid.

Your ipob was never supported by your governors. Amotekun is a creation of the governors who are the chief security officers of their states. Akeredolu is a SAN he has told malami to take him to court.

Your own governors invited the FG to kill its own people. They told the FG to proscribe ipob. Our leaders can never sell us cheap.

I already know why you and osagyefo98 are pained. But we are different people.

What do you think Tinubu and Osinbajo are doing? So because they are mute on this issue you feel they are ‘with’ you?

Chai! Oga your own eyes are dirty. You need to park it in car wash yourself or buhari and CJN will do it for you
Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by Ritchiee: 11:39am On Jan 20, 2020
fulanimafia:

Sorry but you're mistaken.

Cheers.
Okay.Cheers.
Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by ProudDick: 11:45am On Jan 20, 2020
Conner44:

What do you think Tinubu and Osinbajo are doing? So because they are mute on this issue you feel they are ‘with’ you?

Chai! Oga your own eyes are dirty. You need to park it in car wash yourself or buhari and CJN will do it for you

They are not with us but 5 Apc governors established the outfit. Osinbajo has always been an advocate of state police. Besides, they are irrelevant as they are not governors. So worry about your states osu.
Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by fulanimafia: 1:40pm On Jan 20, 2020
Conner44:

Funny yet so true. cheesy
Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by Conner44: 2:13pm On Jan 20, 2020
fulanimafia:

Funny yet so true. cheesy

Yes naw undecided the only thing a cheetah does best is to run

Oohh okay grin no wonder yorubas chose it as their mascot cheesy

cowards that can run for their life in every direction once they hear gunshot
Re: Regional Security Is Illegal: How Amotekun Should Operate by Conner44: 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2020
ProudDick:

They are not with us but 5 Apc governors established the outfit. Osinbajo has always been an advocate of state police. Besides, they are irrelevant as they are not governors. So worry about your states osu.

Amotekun is proscribed even with the backing of all your leaders.

Kiss the truth of BUHARI kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Sends Flowers To North Korean Leader, Kim Jong Un / 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? / 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.