Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,427 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional (9960 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/09/17 / Kenneth Copeland Daily Devotional / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/08/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 8:39am On Jul 26, 2020
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: SUNDAY 26TH JULY 2020
THEME: DEAL WITH THAT WEAKNESS
MEMORISE:
And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. Matthew 5:29
READ: Matthew 5:28-30
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
When hunters want to catch eagle, they tie a big hen in a place where the eagle can easily spot it. When the eagle is flying and it sees the hen, it rejoices, then it flies down to pick the hen. Unknown to the eagle, the hen is tied down. When the eagle carries the hen and attempts to fly with it, it pulls hard, triggering a heavy basket that falls over, trapping it there until the hunter comes. The hen is the eagle’s weakness; it cannot resist going for it, so the hunter use that against it. This is the same way the devil traps Christians who fail to deal with their weakness. This is why you need to discover and deal with your weakness fast before it destroys you.
Dealing with a weakness takes conscious painstaking effort. If your weakness for example is money, you need to consciously resist any temptation to steal. After you have resisted a few temptations to steal and it looks like you have gotten over that weakness, don’t be deceived to relax; stay alert. Moses had one weakness and that was anger. He seemed to have dealt with this weakness as the Bible recorded that he was the meekest man on earth.
“Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.” Numbers 12:3
When the Bible says someone is meek, the fellow is really meek. However, he relaxed and that same weakness that seemed to have been dealt with was what put him in trouble (Numbers 20:8-12). Just like hunters, the devil is very patient. Once he knows a person’s weakness, he will wait until the fellow relaxes, then strike. David’s weakness was women and that brought a curse upon his lineage such that up until today, the sword has not departed from Israel, the nation is always involved in one war or the other (2 Samuel 12:10). Not dealing with your weakness can bring generational consequences. Stay alert; deal with that weakness and never take the devil’s bait.
ACTION POINT:
Identify, resolve and deal with your weaknesses.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Isaiah 44-48.
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN 2: ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 28TH JULY 2020
THEME: WHILE WAITING
MEMORISE:
For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:3
READ: 1 Samuel 13:7-14
7 And some of the Hebrews went over Jordan to the land of Gad and Gilead. As for Saul, he was yet in Gilgal, and all the people followed him trembling.
8 And he tarried seven days, according to the set time that Samuel had appointed: but Samuel came not to Gilgal; and the people were scattered from him.
9 And Saul said, Bring hither a burnt offering to me, and peace offerings. And he offered the burnt offering.
10 And it came to pass, that as soon as he had made an end of offering the burnt offering, behold, Samuel came; and Saul went out to meet him, that he might salute him.
11 And Samuel said, What hast thou done? And Saul said, Because I saw that the people were scattered from me, and that thou camest not within the days appointed, and that the Philistines gathered themselves together at Michmash;
12 Therefore said I, The Philistines will come down now upon me to Gilgal, and I have not made supplication unto the LORD: I forced myself therefore, and offered a burnt offering.
13 And Samuel said to Saul, Thou hast done foolishly: thou hast not kept the commandment of the LORD thy God, which he commanded thee: for now would the LORD have established thy kingdom upon Israel for ever.
14 But now thy kingdom shall not continue: the LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart, and the LORD hath commanded him to be captain over his people, because thou hast not kept that which the LORD commanded thee.
There is always something we desire, and sometime we have to wait a little before we get it. A secondary school student is waiting to graduate, then gain admission to a higher institution of learning, get a job and so on- and that is just within the family circle. In career, ministry, business, there is always something we are aspiring to get. Our attitude while waiting can seriously influence whether we will get it or not.
While waiting, never stop asking. John 16:24 says that you should ask that your joy may be full. If your joy is not yet full, don’t stop asking. I ask until my joy overflows. Daniel 10:12-13, Daniel had been praying for a long time and God had actually sent the answer to his prayers, but the Prince of Persia blocked the angel that was bringing the answer, until Angel Michael came to his recue. Daniel did not stop praying all the while that he was waiting for the answer to arrive.
The second thing you must do while waiting is to remain holy. Galatian 6:9
“And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”
Don’t go back to the world because the answer to your prayer has not yet come. Don’t look for alternatives to get your requests granted. Stay put with God. There was a particular sister in need of the fruit of the womb, for whom my wife and I were praying. At some point, she became weary and consulted a herbalist who did some charms for her and she got pregnant. That was over twenty year ago; up until now, she has not delivered the baby. Anything gotten from the devil must have been traded for something more precious than what he appeared to have given. I have noticed from my little walk with God that when He delays a miracle, it is because the glory that is coming with it will be great. Elizabeth and Zechariah had to wait until six months before Jesus was to be born because their first child- John, the Baptist was to be the greatest of all the prophets. Your miracle is coming with great glory, don’t miss it by looking alternatives to Christ.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, give me the grace to wait patiently for my miracle in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Isaiah 49-53
HYMN 18: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 7:23am On Jul 29, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 29TH JULY 2020
THEME: THE MATHEMATICS OF PRAYER
MEMORISE:
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. Mark 11:24
READ: Luke 11:1-13
1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
5 And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;
6 For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?
7 And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.
8 I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.
9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
In my book the Mathematics of Answered Prayers, I explained my points using simultaneous equations, but here, we will be using simple algebra. For your prayers to be answered, you will need to apply the following algebraic equation.
F (P+ W + R + JN) = Answered Prayers
Faith (F) is the constant variable that must affect every other element of your equation before your prayers can be answered. Hebrews 11:6 says:
“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
Without faith it is impossible to please God and of course if you displease Him, how would you expect Him to answer your prayers?
The next thing you need is to Praise Him (P). Psalm 100:4 shows that praises attract God’s attention and make Him willing to hear you. In fact, if you just praise God and don’t make any requests, He will ask you for what you want. This was the case with Solomon after he had given a thousand burnt offerings to God without making any request. God told him in a dream to ask for whatever he wanted (1 Kings 3).
Pray with reference to the word (W) of God. Before you bring a request to God, find out what His word says about it, then quote it back to Him; this is praying according to His will. James 4:3 says we ask and do not get our miracles because we ask amiss. When you ask according to the word of God, you cannot ask amiss. After this, present your Request (R). Lastly, make sure that you are presenting your request in Jesus name (JN). When you pray in the name of Jesus, you are placing the personality of Jesus behind your request and since God cannot deny Him anything, He will not deny you. He will attend to your request just as He attends to the request of Jesus.
KEY POINT:
Don’t just barge into God’s presence with your requests; make sure you have all that you need for your prayers to be answered.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Isaiah 54-58
HYMN 24: PASS ME NOT, O GENTLE SAVIOR.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 4:28am On Jul 30, 2020
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL..
DATE: THURSDAY 30TH JULY 2020
THEME: WHO’S YOUR DADDY?
MEMORISE:
For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 1 Corinthians 4:15
READ: 2 Kings 3:11-12
11 But Jehoshaphat said, Is there not here a prophet of the LORD, that we may enquire of the LORD by him? And one of the king of Israel's servants answered and said, Here is Elisha the son of Shaphat, which poured water on the hands of Elijah.
12 And Jehoshaphat said, The word of the LORD is with him. So the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat and the king of Edom went down to him.
These days, people just call anyone “Daddy” in the church, and not necessarily out of respect as it is done in the Yoruba culture. You need to be careful who you call your father; Apostle Paul told the church in Corinth that they have only one father but many instructors, as seen in our memory verse for today.
I miss the good old days when we all used to call each other ‘Bro’ or ‘Sis’. The choice of who you call your father has a lot to do with your destiny. In our Bible reading for today, the only introduction that Elisha needed was that his Father-in-the-Lord was Elijah and Jehoshaphat immediately concluded that “The word of the Lord is with him.”
First you cannot be greater than your father, at least not while he is still alive. Luke 6:40 says:
“The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.”
Whoever your father is sets limit to how far you can go in life. This information alone is enough to make you careful with respect to whom you refer to as “My Father-in-the-Lord.”
Secondly, anointing flows from the head downwards, so if you don’t check that the character of whoever you make your head is very good, well, he could be passing a dangerous anointing to you. It is from my Father (Pa Josiah Akindayomi) that I learnt that holiness is the master key; it is from him that I learnt discipline. His anointing was not the kind that you use to extort money from congregants, it was not the kind that needed a special concoction for it to work. I inherited the pure anointing of God from him.
It is not wise to choose a Father-in-the-Lord by yourself; ask God who your father should be. Your destination in life will determine whom you should understudy. The affluence, eloquence and large congregation of a man does not necessarily make him fit to father you. My Father-in-the-Lord had none of those things. He was illiterate, yet God told me to submit to him. Today, I give God the glory that Pa Josiah Akindayomi was my Father-in-the-Lord.
KEY POINT:
Let God choose a Father-in-the-Lord for you. Don’t call everyone Daddy.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Isaiah 59- 63.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 5TH AUGUST 2020
THEME: EXALT NOT THYSELF
MEMORISE:
Luke 14:11 "For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."
READ: Luke 14:7-11, Proverbs 16:18
Luke 14:7 And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them, 14:8 When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him; 14:9 And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room. 14:10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee. 14:11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
Every human being has the tendency to be proud. We see our possessions as a leverage for us to feel better than others who are less privileged. Beware of pride; God hates it. Indeed, He said in 1 Peter 5:5 that He resists the proud.
One thing about pride is that even though it makes the proud feel he is better than others, it actually makes him less than they are, as seen in today’s memory verse.
Generally, a humble fellow gains more respect and honour, but people tend to ridicule the proud. If even we humans don’t like proud people, how much more God. Wear humility like a garment, pride is a destroyer. It destroyed King Saul: in a bid to protect his ego, he sinned against God. 2 Chronicles 26:1-21 tells us about King Uzziah. When he was young, he did the will of God, but later became proud and died a leper. What do you have that makes you feel you are above others? You need to recognise that God can take it away in an instant. Psalm 75:6-7 says:
”For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.”
God dethroned a proud Vashti to raise a humble Esther as queen in her stead (Esther 1, 2). King Herod in Acts 12:22-23 was destroyed because of pride. He never uttered a word in that instance; his pride was in the heart. He heard the people praising him, but did not stop them. God does not share His glory with anyone. If you are beginning to feel like several things or people cannot do well without you, then He will show you that you are nothing. So when you hear anyone praising you, immediately ask them to stop before it annoys God. Remain humble, otherwise destruction is coming. Proverbs 16:18 says:
”Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a faIl.”
KEY POINT:
You cannot do anything without the grace of God. However, He only gives His grace to humble people. Are you humble?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Zephaniah 1-3
HYMN 2: ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:34am On Aug 08, 2020
DATE: SATURDAY 8TH AUGUST 2020
THEME: FIRE-QUENCHERS
MEMORISE:
1 Corinthians 10:12 "Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall."
READ: Matthew 5:27-30
5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
A fire-quencher is something that reduces your zeal and heat for God. They are in three categories as listed in 1 John 2:15-17:
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”
Beware of the lust of the eyes. Samson saw and kept coveting what he had no business desiring (Judges 14:1 , Judges 16:1). In Joshua 7:21, Achan saw and coveted what he had no business touching. It also led to the destruction of himself and his family. Colossians 3:1-2 says:
”If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.”
Beware of the lust of the flesh. Paul said if we live by the flesh, then we would die.
”Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.”
Romans 8:12-13
Like Paul, you must keep your flesh under (1 Corinthians 9:25-27). It was the lust of the flesh that destroyed Gehazi and Eli’s family.
Beware of the pride of life. The devil is the father of pride. He was the first to exhibit pride (lsaiah 14:13-14). Where pride is, you will find the devil. Pride quenched his fire when he was an archangel and he is using it now as a tool to quench the fire of many people. When your sentences are filled with so many ’I’s, beware!
Do not tolerate fire-quenchers in your life because their ultimate goal is to cause eternal death.
ACTION POINT:
Watch out for the basic fire quenchers - lust of the eyes, lost of the flesh and the pride of life.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 7-9
HYMN 27: TAKE MY LIFE, AND LET IT BE
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:30pm On Aug 08, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 9TH AUGUST 2020
THEME: LISTEN TO THE SPIRIT
MEMORISE:
Galatians 5:25 "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit."
READ: 1 Samuel 15:22-23
15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.
Many times, the Spirit is speaking to us, but only those who are sensitive hear and obey. If the Holy Spirit dwells within you, He would keep communicating with you through whispers. You may feel it was just your mind, but believe me, it is the Holy Spirit, so listen. As a Christian, you need to get accustomed to the voice of God and recognise when He is nudging you in a particular direction. Knowing this can save you a lot of trouble. Job 32:8 says:
”But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.”
If the Spirit of God is urging you to pray, do so immediately. You don’t know what He wants you to command in the Spirit or how urgent it may be. It may also be that He is bringing something your way and you have to be in the mood of prayers to receive it. Imagine if Peter had gone to the restroom when the Spirit came down on the day of Pentecost. The cloven fire fell on those present in the room, '
God could ask you to take a particular route to your destination. He could ask you to wear a particular garment or shoe. Listen and obey immediately. A former cultist gave his life to Christ on campus. One day, returning to his room in the middle of the night after studying, he prepared to sleep, but the Spirit kept nudging him to pray, so tired as he was, he got up from his bed and began to pray. After only a few minutes of prayer, a huge demon walked through the wall into the room. Immediately he saw the demon, his eyes opened wide and he began to cast it out. The demon started going backwards, brushing against the leg of the brother’s roommate who was sleeping on his own bed.
When he told me the story, I asked if he was sure it wasn’t a dream. He said he would have thought so, except that, in the morning, his roommate’s leg had swollen to almost five times its normal size. Thank God he listened to the Holy Spirit; imagine what would have happened if that demon had met him sleeping and touched his head.
ACTION POINT:
Learn to recognise the voice of the Holy Spirit and obey it immediately.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 10-13
HYMN 20: Nearer, my God to Thee
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:51pm On Aug 09, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 10TH AUGUST 2020.
THEME: STOP THE ENVY.
MEMORISE:
A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones. Proverbs 14:30
READ: 1 Peter 2:1-2
1Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
I always wonder at those who envy others. Why are you envying someone else? That fellow’s success does not hinder yours. What God wants to do for you does not hinder what He is doing for the someone else. My blessings cannot hinder yours and yours cannot hinder mine. In fact, the only way my blessings can hinder your is if you are envious of me. If instead of concentrating and praying for your own blessings, you put your attention on envying someone else’s, how will you be blessed? Job 5:2 says that envy slays a silly fellow.
Instead of envying someone who has been blessed by God, why don’t you seek to lean from him/her? Note however, that you cannot learn from someone you resent. Students usually find it difficult to learn from teachers they don’t like. If someone else is making more sales than you for example, you have two choices; either to envy the person- gossip about them and end up making yourself sad or you rejoice with him/her- get close to them and learn their success strategies. You lose from the former and again tremendously from the latter.
“Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.” Romans 12:15
God’s standard is that you rejoice with those rejoicing. If you find yourself unhappy when you see a particular person rejoicing then you need to check yourself. whenever you feel envious of someone, make sure you pray for the fellow. When the devil sees that whenever he suggests envy to you, you respond by praying for the fellow, he will stop. You also cannot resent someone you pray for. Bringing yourself to pray for that person will help you get over the envy. Then, you can begin to love the person genuinely.
ACTION POINT:
Be truthful to yourself; if there is any fellow you envy, pray for that person now.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 14-17.
HYMN 25: ROCK OF AGES. CLEFT FOR ME.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:08pm On Aug 10, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 11TH AUGUST 2020
THEME: THE CONSUMING FIRE
MEMORISE:
For our God is a consuming fire. Hebrew 12:29
READ: Deuteronomy 11:26-28
26 Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;
27 A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day:
28 And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.
If you are not born again and you read the memory verse, you would realise that the God you are fighting and resisting is a fire that can consume. Although He is asking you to surrender your life to Him now, He can suddenly turn and begin to burn you when your time is up. If a person is fire, isn’t it in your best interest to be on His side rather than against Him? As a child of God reading this scripture, you should rejoice that your Father is so powerful as to be a Consuming Fire. With the Consuming Fire backing you up. All your enemies are in trouble.
“A fire goeth before him, and burneth up his enemies round about.”
Psalm 97:3
As compassionate as God is, do not ever forget that He is a Consuming Fire. Some people say that the Scripture “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom…” (Proverb 9:10) is actually not talking about fear, but reverence. Well, I think I have enough common sense to know what fire can do. Others can just reverence Him; as for me, I will fear the Consuming Fire and all my enemies had better do the same.
The moment fire engulfs a place, everything changes. The fire will consume some things completely and purify some. Being the Consuming Fire, the moment Jesus enters your life, every pain, sorrow, depression, poverty and ancestral curse will be consumed and burned off completely. Also, all your potential, talents and skills will be purified and sharpened for manifestation. Gold that has been introduced to fire will never remain the same; its inner beauty begins to radiate for the whole world to see. Moses was in exile - a depressed man who led an ordinary life until he came in contact with the consuming Fire. Before Moses left this world, the whole world had heard about him and we are still talking about him today. I pray that the Consuming Fire will destroy all He needs to for you to be a voice in your generation, in the mighty name of Jesus. Everything He needs to purify for your potentials to manifest will be cleansed now in the mighty name of Jesus.
REFLECTION:
Are you on the side of the Consuming Fire?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 18-22
HYMN 12: I AM THINE OH LORD.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:35pm On Aug 11, 2020
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.
DATE: WEDNESDAY 12TH AUGUST 2020
THEME: FEED YOUR BRAIN
MEMORISE:
The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge. Proverbs 18:15
READ: Proverbs 18:1-2
1Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom.
2 A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.
Proverbs 20:15
15 There is gold, and a multitude of rubies: but the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.
“……..therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.” Proverbs 4:7
How high you fly will depend on the quality of the knowledge and information you feed your brain with. A Yoruba proverb says a bird is propelled to fly by virtue of what it has eaten. In other words, a famished bird may not be able to go a long distance, that is even if it flies at all. People say knowledge is power, but that is not true. If it were, that all world rulers would have been Professors. Knowledge is only useful when properly applied and that is wisdom. With just a little knowledge, some with little have ruled others with plenty. You can’t have wisdom if there is no knowledge. Therefore, you must feed your brain.
When a policeman cries “Hey you”, while an innocent but uninformed person may be afraid, an equally innocent but knowledgeable one would answer with confidence.
Read books across disciplines, attend seminars, watch documentaries. Be an insatiable learner. Push to know as much as possible because ignorance may be costly. Of course, we must allow the Holy Spirit guide us in the choice of information and knowledge we feed our minds.
You may claim to be so busy that you hardly have time to read. But if you consider knowledge as important, you will find time for it. By reading a book, you can gain in a few hours what it took the writer seventy years to learn. Books enrich, so I make out time to learn something from them all the time.
These days, our youth spend hours on social media rather than reading books that can benefit their lives. They can stay alert with their phones for hours, but doze off as soon as they lay hands on inspirational book to read. Some don’t even touch their Bible except on Sundays!
If you would be great- soaring higher than your peers, then you must gather more knowledge than they, and apply it too. That is wisdom.
KEY POINT:
If you think knowledge is expensive, note that ignorance is costlier.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 23-25.
HYMN 5: DEEPER, DEEPER IN THE LOVE OF JESUS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 16TH AUGUST 2020
THEME: FOCUS ON ETERNITY
MEMORISE:
Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. Luke 10:20
READ: Luke 10:17-22
17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.
Jesus, aware that His disciples would be empowered with authority over demons, warned them not to fall into the temptation of glorying in their abilities, but rather to rejoice because their names were registered as citizens of heaven (Luke 10:20).
We too have a tendency to forget what is truly important. Heaven has been built and decorated for us God’s people. It will be hard to fall for Satan’s lies when your mind is filled with thoughts of eternity. How could the devil win any war against an army marching toward its reward in the hereafter? It is amazing how quickly your perspective changes when your heart and mind are set on eternity.
Jesus pointed His disciples toward an eternal perspective when they returned from a successful ministry trip. While sharing in their elation, He however pointedly noted that as awesome as their testimonies were, they were to rejoice even more that their names were written in heaven. What a lesson to popular conference speakers and miracle-working evangelists and pastors!.
“And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:12-15”
Beloved, God is telling us today that in whatever we do, we must ensure that our names are written in the book of life. To do this is simple: Give your life to Jesus Christ in genuine repentance of your sins. And, if you have given your life to Jesus, leave it with Him. Then and only then can you be sure that your name is duly registered in heaven.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, do not allow me to do what would erase my name from the Book of Life in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 35-37.
MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:30am On Aug 17, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 17TH AUGUST 2020
THEME: REJOICING IN HOPE
MEMORISE:
Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer. Romans 12:12
READ: Matthew 5:10-12
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Abraham, despite being childless at ninety, kept his hope to be a father of many nations (Romans 4:18). However, many Christians today have lost hope in God’s promises, waiting for their physical manifestation before they believe.
If yo are in the category of Christians described above, ask God today for grace to remain hopeful in His promises for your life.
Abraham for example enjoyed this grace (Romans 4:16) even before Jesus was born and our savior confirmed this when He said: “Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad” (John 8:56). The grace was so sufficient that he hoped against all odds and developed faith that earned him friendship with the Almighty God.
Hope is a key element in describing faith (Hebrews 11:1) without which no man can please God (Hebrews 11:6). Hope ensures that we obey His command to always rejoice (1 Thessalonians 5:16) even in the midst of tribulations.
Hope is the assurance that what we desire will come to pass (Romans 8:24).
Today’s memory verse also lets us know that through hope, we can develop patience and strength especially in tribulation.
It is saddening however, that some Christians lose hope and backslides in the face of trials. This ought not to be.
In today’s Bible reading, Jesus talks about rejoicing as a means of endurance, as well as the blessings attached to enduring persecution.
James 1:12 also says:
“Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.”
Hope also helps one to tarry for results in the place of prayer. Someone who lacks hope wont pray long before searching for an alternative.
Abraham had faith in God and it was imputed to him for righteousness (Romans 4:17-22).
Beloved, are you losing hope already? Please do not, because there is glory ahead of you. Be patient so you can obtain (Colossians 1:27).
ACTION POINT:
Take time to give God intense worship even when it seems difficult to do so. Hope shall rise for your comfort.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 38-40.
Psalm 74, 79
HYMN 3: BE GLAD IN THE LORD AND REJOICE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:34pm On Aug 19, 2020
DATE: THURSDAY 20TH AUGUST 2020
THEME: THE SPIRITUAL REALM
MEMORISE:
Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of 2 Corinthians 2:11
READ: Acts 28:1-6
And when they were escaped, then they knew that the island was called Melita.
2 And the barbarous people shewed us no little kindness: for they kindled a fire, and received us every one, because of the present rain, and because of the cold.
3 And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand.
4 And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live.
5 And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm.
6 Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.
Many people, because of their high level of secular knowledge, enlightenment and exposure, believe they have answers to everything in life and may thus not believe in the reality of the spiritual realm. They believe there is no hell, no heaven, therefore no God; all things – sickness, accidents, death, infant mortality, business failure, natural disaster, physical disability, barrenness, murder, violent crime and so on, can be explained scientifically.
However, we are often confronted with situations that defy any human understanding; cases that are beyond scientific explanation, where an attack in the dream becomes a reality upon awaking, or when a person’s health is suffering but all medical tests reveal nothing wrong. The Bible in Ephesians 6:12 provides some insight into the root of the matter:
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
Spiritual activities have become an integral part of this present world, since Satan was thrown out of Heaven unto the earth (Revelation 12:12). 1 Peter 5:8 says, “ Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:” The solution to the devil’s rampant attack on humanity is fond in 1 John 3:8, “……For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.”
All power belongs to Jesus (Matthew 28:1-cool. At His name, even the devil trembles (James 2:19). No matter the greatness of learning, research and technology, a very active spiritual realm exists. If you are born again, congratulations. You have the backing of Jesus to upturn all activities of the enemy against your life and family. However, if you are not yet born again, you are completely open to all the antics of the kingdom of darkness. Accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior today so you can destroy the works of the devil in your life and family.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, reveal the reality of the negative supernatural, and Your superiority over it, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 41-45
HYMN 2: ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Kobojunkie: 12:15am On Aug 20, 2020
Peter, the apostle, warned people about ALL MOGs (False Prophets and Teachers), from about 2000 years ago.

2 Peter 2 vs 1-7 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. In the past there were false prophets among God’s people. It is the same now. You will have some false teachers in your group. They will teach things that are wrong—ideas that will cause people to be lost. And they will teach in a way that will be hard for you to see that they are wrong. They will even refuse to follow the Master who bought their freedom. And so they will quickly destroy themselves.
2. Many people will follow them in the morally wrong things they do. And because of them, others will say bad things about the way of truth we follow.
3. These false teachers only want your money. So they will use you by telling you things that are not true. But the judgment against these false teachers has been ready for a long time. And they will not escape God who will destroy them.

4. When angels sinned, God did not let them go free without punishment. He sent them to hell. He put those angels in caves of darkness, where they are being held until the time when God will judge them.

5. And God punished the evil people who lived long ago. He brought a flood to the world that was full of people who were against God. But he saved Noah and seven other people with him. Noah was a man who told people about living right.

6. God also punished the evil cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. He burned them until there was nothing left but ashes. He used those cities as an example of what will happen to people who are against God.
7. But he saved Lot, a good man who lived there. Lot was greatly troubled by the morally bad lives of those evil people. 8 This good man lived with those evil people every day, and his good heart was hurt by the evil things he saw and heard.
grin
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
DATE: FRIDAY 21ST AUGUST 2020.
THEME: TRUE TO YOUR CALLING.
MEMORISE:
But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. 1 Corinthians 12:11
READ: 1 Corinthians 12:12-30
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For the body is not one member, but many.
15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.
25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
There are many people in ministry today who are going off track because they are operating in areas wherein they were not called. Some out of personal ambition, are operating in callings that are not theirs while others are innocently operating in the wrong callings out of concern. Having a burden about something or seeing a need does not automatically translate to a calling
“And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.” 2 Timothy 2:5
According to the above Bible verse, anyone who does things outside the will of the Master will be disqualified. Everyone who God has called is scored by Him. If what you are doing is outside God’s calling for your life, no matter how good you are in that calling or ministry, it is regarded as irrelevant.
Paul was greatly burdened by how the Jews were walking outside the will of God. He kept preaching to them, yet they were persecuting him. The greatest persecution he got were from the Jews because God was trying to point him in the direction of his calling- the Gentiles first, then to kings and then to the children of Israel (Acts 9:15). Had he not been so persecuted by the Jews, he would not have been able to take the gospel to as many gentiles as he did. Thank God that in Acts 18:5-6, he finally decided to leave the Jews and go to the gentiles to whom he was primarily sent.
God calls people for a reason and if everyone were to leave their calling to attend to someone else’s, there would be trouble. Imagine someone who is called to cause a great evangelical revival being so burdened about leadership in the nation that he distracts himself by contesting elections. Imagine what would happen if the one who is to find the cure to incurable disease were to become burdened about the economy that he gets a job in the ministry of Finance. You need to identify your calling through the guidance of the holy Spirit and stay in it so as to fulfil your destiny and more importantly, for the world to be a better place.
REFLECTION:
Are you true to the calling of God upon your life?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 46-48
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 8:47am On Aug 25, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 25TH AUGUST 2020
THEME: SPEAK UP!
MEMORISE:
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Matthew 24:24
READ: 2 Corinthians 11:13-15
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Is it not amazing how some people can speak against the Christian doctrines that have always worked for us while we who have benefited from these just keep quiet and watch? By so doing, you are indirectly giving the devil the opportunity to sell lies to other people who don’t know the truth yet. When you speak out in opposition to the lies, you are not speaking for yourself alone, but so that the wrong beliefs will not be taken as the truth. Whatever a person hears regularly sinks into his subconscious as the truth, so we must ensure that when the world tells a lie once, we say the truth five times with valid proof from the word of God. While you should never argue with them, you do need to speak the truth so that the lie will not prevail in the minds of the people. The younger ones- both age-wise and spiritually, are listening and if all they have to listen to is lies, then they will adopt these as the truth, so we need to speak up.
Many times, Christian don’t speak up because many of us don’t know the Bible well enough. Thus, you need to study the Bible every day and ask the Holy Spirit to teach you. The devil knows the Bible and he is an expert in misinterpreting it. Hence, if you are not well grounded in the word of God, you could begin to believe his own interpretation as the truth. Jesus said:
“…if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.”
If you don’t want to be amongst those deceived, then you must study your Bible in depth and pray for the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth in the word to you. When you know what the word of God says, anytime you hear a contrary message, you can speak up with the truth and back it up with Scripture. When you hear a contrary opinion on tithe, for instance you can tell them what the Bible says. After you have gotten the real message of what God’s word says about a particular topic, you can even organize a Bible Study group and discuss it with other Christians.
KEY POINT:
In these last days, the devil is raising false interpretation of the scriptures. Don’t be deceived by these, get your interpretations directly from God.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Lamentations 3:37-5:22
HYMN 20: NEARER, MY GOD TO THEE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:58pm On Aug 28, 2020
DATE: SATURDAY 29TH AUGUST 2020
THEME: THE FRUIT OF YOUR LIPS
MEMORISE:
A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled. Proverbs 18:20
READ: Proverbs 18:20-21
20 A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
Many times, when you ask people to pray, you expect to hear a roar, only to look up and see that they are either muttering or praying in their hearts. There are certain levels you cannot reach in the Spirit just by praying in your heart. Praise, a powerful weapon of war cannot be used without words. You can pray, meditate and study the Bible quietly, but it is impossible to praise God silently. You have to open your mouth to praise Him. You need words to call upon God in the day of trouble. Psalm 50:15 says:
“And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.”
If I were you, I would not wait until the day of trouble before I call Him, I will call upon Him every day. The Bible says that out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks (Matthew 12:34). If you really have a serious request that is heavy on your heart, you will open your mouth to ask God for a solution. When a doctor is confronted by two patients- one quietly and eloquently explaining his/her symptoms while the other is shouting and screaming in pain, which would be attended to first? The one shouting, of course!
Do you want God to attend to your requests urgently? Then pray out loud. The truth is, you cannot compare the intensity of prayers when you pray out loud.
It is not surprising that majority of gifts of the Holy Spirit have to do with words (1 Corinthians 12:8-10). Six out of nine of the gifts have to do with words. Words are very important; words shape destines and turn things around. You need words to engage in spiritual warfare. Ephesians 6:17 tells us that our Sword of the Spirit is the word of God. I have never seen anyone casting out demons with his mouth closed; you command them with words. Mark 11:23 says that if you have faith and doubt not, you will say to mountains “be removed and cast into the sea” and they will obey you. Mountains obey your words. Use words wisely.
KEY POINT:
The way you pray will show if you really mean business or not.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 13-15
HYMN 4: BLESSED ASSURANCE, JESUS IS MINE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 30TH AUGUST 2020
THEME: HANDLING TEMPTATIONS
MEMORISE:
Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love James 1:12
READ: James 1:12-15
12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
In Yorubaland where I am from, there is a saying that goes thus: “That which you would not eat, you should not sniff.” The way to resist temptations is to run from anything that appears to negate the commandments of God. 1 Thessalonians 5:22 puts it thus:
“Abstain from all appearance of evil.”
If only David had taken his eyes off Bathsheba, he would not have fallen into the sin of adultery and subsequently murder. If only Judas Iscariot had handed over the treasury of Jesus’ ministry to someone else or at least found someone to be accountable to, he would probably have been amongst the Apostle until he died.
Temptation is not a sin; it is merely the arousal to sin. To resist temptation is to resist the arousal. When the devil wants to conquer a person. He simply puts things in place that will arouse the fellow to sin, and so the Bible says in James 1:14:
“But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.”
One of my sons once told me that he was always excited to resume work on Monday mornings because he would see his secretary again. He had started lusting after her. My advice to him was that he should sack her. The godly counsel to escape sexual sins is to flee! (1 Corinthians 6:18). You don’t resist temptation by hanging around it or letting it hang around you; you escape by running (1 Corinthians 10:13). Joseph did not wait to explain to Mrs. Potiphar why he could not sleep with her; he ran (Genesis 39:12). Waiting to explain can be dangerous; and explain later.
Nothing is more important than your ticket to Heaven. Jesus Christ said if your hand would lead you to sin, cut if off (Mark 9:43). If you have resigned from that job to ensure that you don’t sin and miss Heaven, resign. If you have to move out of your neighborhood, do so. If you have to unfriend someone, unfriend the fellow. Whatever it is that you have to do, just flee any appearance of evil.
KEY POINT:
Don’t sit around and wait for temptation to destroy you. Flee!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 16-17
HYMN 8: HAVE YOU BEEN TO JESUS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:41pm On Aug 30, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 31ST AUGUST 2020
THEME: THE ENEMY WITHIN
MEMORISE:
But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. 1 Corinthians 9:27
READ: Galatians 5:16-26
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
Many people think that the greatest enemy of man is the devil. Yes, the devil is an enemy of man because he hates everything loved by God and God loves man. However, the devil is not man’s greatest enemy. The elders say that if the enemy within cannot kill a man, the enemy without would not be able either. The greatest enemy of man is the enemy within- the flesh. By flesh, I don’t mean the physical flesh, but your worldly desires. You must not lose the battle against the flesh as such a loss would result in the automatic defeat in the battle of life.
The flesh will tell you not to pray even though the Bible says “Pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:17). The flesh will tell you not to fast even though Jesus said the branch that does not bear fruit will be cut off (John 15:2). The flesh will tell you not to give even though Luke 6:38 says “Give and it shall be given unto you…” Malachi 3:8-10 says if you don’t pay your tithes, you are a robber. The flesh will tell you to commit sin even though the Bible says those that sin are of the devil (1 John 3:cool.
The greatest victory of all is the victory over the flesh and to have it, you need to constantly say “No” to its desires. Doing the will of the flesh may seem pleasurable for now, but believe me, it would ultimately bring sorrow. King David decided to indulge the flesh for just one day and the result was killings upon killings in his household (2 Samuel 11, 12). Up until today; the sword has not left Israel. Romans 8:5-6 says:
“ For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.”
When next the flesh comes to you with its enticements, say: “Joy to the wise; joy to me, I refuse to be a fool!”
PRAYER POINT:
Lord, give me the grace to win the battle over my flesh and to live only according to the Spirit in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 18-19
HYMN 10: I AM A VICTOR.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 7:19am On Sep 01, 2020
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.
DATE: TUESDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER, 2020.
THEME: HIS ARMS ARE WIDE OPEN.
MEMORIZE:
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9
BIBLE READING:
LUKE 15:11-32
11. And he said, A certain man had two sons:
12. And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
13. And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
14. And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
15. And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
16. And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
17. And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father’s have bread enough and to spare, and l perish with hunger!
18. I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19. And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
20. And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
21. And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
22. But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
23. And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
24. For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
25. Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard music and dancing.
26. And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.
27. And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
28. And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.
29. And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do l serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never avest me a kid, that l might make merry wit my friends:
30. But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
31. And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that l have is thine.
32. It was meant that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.
If you extend your hand to someone for a handshake, the person would most likely decline if his/her hands are dirty.
Naturally, humans avoid staining clean people. However, God does not operate that way. He is willing to give you a hug even when you are dirty.
The father of the prodigal son for example, did not ask him to take a bath before he could embrace him.
He saw his son from afar and ran to meet him (Luke 15:11-32).
The woman with the issue of blood had been bleeding for twelve years.
She may have been smelly, the doctors might have taken all her earnings and left her wearing rags but she chose to touch Jesus the One everyone was celebrating.
Considering her state, ordinarily, she may not have wanted to come close, but she did!.
She probably felt too dirty to speak, so she decided to just touch the hem of His garment.
She did not stay away totally because she was dirty.
She made the move and He did not reject her; He even prayed for her (Luke 8:43-48).
The countless sins you have committed stealing, adultery, fornication, or even murder may make you feel dirty.
So, you may think God cannot accept you anymore. Listen, He is waiting for you to take just one step towards Him.
There is no sin too big for the blood of Jesus to cleanse, neither is there any sinner too guilty for Him to forgive.
You might not be able to pray unhindered if you are still feeling dirty. In this case, you have to first pray for forgiveness.
All He needs is genuine repentance and He will do the rest.
“Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you… James 4:8”
All He requires is that you take a step towards Him and He will do the rest. Even if you have entered into a covenant with the devil and sold your soul to him, God is able to help you.
He remains the same; He still sets the lawful captives free (Isaiah 49:24-46).
His arms are still wide open, come to Him now when He is near (Isaiah 55:6). Don’t wait until it would be too late.
KEY POINT:
Spread the good news of God’s unconditional love and if you have sinned, come to Him as you are. His arms are still wide open.
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE.
BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR:
EZEKIEL 20:1-49, EZEKIEL 21:1-32
HYMN 7: GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 7:18am On Sep 04, 2020
DATE: FRIDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER 2020
THEME: THE POWER OF DEDICATION
MEMORISE:
If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. 2 Timothy 2:21
READ: 2 Timothy 2:19- 21
19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
“They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.” Matthew 22:21
So many take dedications for granted and this is because they don’t understand the power behind it. When you dedicate an object, it becomes the possession and responsibility of who it is dedicated to. This is why you must dedicate your children or property to God alone.
It could be very risky to wait several years before handing your children to God. It doesn’t necessarily require a party; you could just take them to Church and let the Pastor dedicate them officially. If you have to, you can celebrate later.
I met a woman who had three daughters with the youngest approaching thirty, yet none of them was in a relationship, let alone marriage. I was about to pray when the Lord urged me to ask her certain questions. She eventually confessed that all three daughters had been dedicated to ifa (A West African deity) when they were born, claiming it was to protect them from witches and wizards. We broke the hold of ifa and rededicated the ladies to God. That same year, all three got married.
Some marriages remain fruitless because someone pored libation during the traditional wedding ceremony. This is why we advocate for that the Church wedding must be done after the traditional, so any such strange spirit that may have been invited into the union, whether with or without the knowledge of the couple can be expelled.
Some businesses have been possessed by one demon or the other because a ‘well-wisher’ invoked a contrary spirit at the opening ceremony. You must never allow such. There is nothing the devil is involved in that ever ends well. From now, dedicate everything that is yours to God.

ACTION POINT:
Mention and/or touch everything that is of value to you and dedicate it to the Most High God now.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 28-31
HYMN 12: I AM THINE OH LORD.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER 2020.
THEME: WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR GOD?
MEMORISE:
Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you. 1 Samuel 12:24
READ: Matthew 19:16-22
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
You know that you met the black sheet of a home when you see a person who only cares about what he/she can get from the family. Good children, no matter how wealthy the family is, are more interested in increasing the family’s wealth.
Black sheep exist in God’s family too. They only care about what they can get from God and never bother about what they can give to Him. They show up when the Pastor want to pray for business growth but are absent during evangelism. Thankfully, God also has many children who are committed to giving all to Him, hungry to make Him happy every day. To which category do you belong?
Always check to see how you can be of service to God. Organize seminars, evangelisms, Bible Study meetings, invite speakers to teach the people more about the Bible, raise ideas on how the church can grow. Become obsessed with doing something for God. Mordecai told Esther:
“……and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this” Esther 4:14
Whatever position you occupy- in the Church or secularly, always seek an opportunity to do something for God through it. Whatever it is you have – professional network, money, influence or physical strength, let your thoughts always be “How can I use this to advance the kingdom of God?”
The child who is always thinking about giving to the family rather than receiving is the one who will enjoy the best the father of the home has to offer. David was always thinking of what he could do for God. Even when God told him not to build His temple, he provided all that was needed for it. God blessed him so much that he had all he ever wanted, and even more.
If you are currently thinking of what you can do for God, He will pour the best blessings upon you. Those who always offer acceptable sacrifice to God never lack any good thing.
ACTION POINT:
From now, commit to doing things that would make God happy.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 35-37
HYMN 27: TAKE MY LIFE AND LET IT BE.
1. Take my life and let it be
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 8:33am On Sep 07, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 7TH SEPTEMBER 2020
THEME: LOVE: THE BEDROCK OF CHRISTIANITY
MEMORISE:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
READ: 1 Corinthians 13:1-3
1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
The Bible teaches that God is the source of love; indeed, it is His very character. Love involves the totality of our being in terms of thoughts, feelings and actions. Matthew 22:37-38 says:
“ Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.”
Out of love, God gave His only begotten Son as the ultimate sacrifice for the Salvation of humanity (John 3:16). He then commanded all Christians to reciprocate by loving one another. 1 John 4:7-8 says:
“ Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.”
We are enjoined first to love God with all our hearts and soul and mind. This is the only way we can truly appreciate what love is and then express it to others. God has empowered us as Christians to do this.
“……because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.” Romans 5:5
The Bible shows us that love (charity) is revealed in action, especially what you do in the interest of others.
“Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;” 1 Corinthians 13:4-6
This is the standard God has set for all His children. Assess yourself using the Bible verse above and make amends immediately wherever you have fallen short of God’s standard.
Finally, the way to demonstrate our love to God to obey all His commandments (John 14:15). As Christians, we must always radiate the love of God in a way that will draw people’s attention to Jesus Christ, not the other way round.
Can others see the love of God in you?
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please let Your love radiate through me to the entire world, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 38-39
HYMN 4: BLESSED ASSURANCE, JESUS IS MINE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:41pm On Sep 07, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER 2020.
THEME: COMPANY FOR THE LONELY I.
MEMORISE:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:20
READ: Hebrews 13:5-6
5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
Loneliness can be a very painful experience. It is possible to be in the middle of a large crowd and still be lonely. It is a lonely life when you are a good cook, but have nobody else to eat the meals you prepare. It is a lonely life when you see something and you laugh alone because there is nobody to laugh with. For anyone reading this devotional today who is looking for a life partner, in the name that is above every other name, your wedding bells will ring soon. All that loneliness will be over soon in the mighty name of Jesus.
David was one man who experienced loneliness. He was left alone at the backside of the desert. The only company he had was sheep. When the national prophet visited his town and told his father to bring all his sons, nobody remembered to bring David, but he was eventually anointed by Prophet Samuel and straightway, the yoke of loneliness in his life was destroyed permanently (1 Samuel 16:11-13).
David was alone in the desert for many years, but he did not take that as an excuse to misbehave, after all, nobody could see him there. He did not decide to commit suicide. I want to encourage you: the time of loneliness is not a time to destroy or terminate your future. The anointing that will end the loneliness is coming; when it arrives. Will it find you waiting faithfully on God?
Use the time of loneliness to build up yourself and your skills. David developed his skill of poetry and harp-playing during his lonely time and that got him into the palace. Psalm 23:1 says:
“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.”
He probably wrote that psalm while still a shepherd. He built his battle skills in that time and ended up winning a war for his nation. You need to realize that holiness is only a phase, not the destination. God will put an end to every form of loneliness in your life, in the mighty name of Jesus.
ACTION POINT:
Use the time of loneliness to build up yourself and your skills. It will pay off in the future.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 40-41
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:13pm On Sep 08, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER 2020
THEME: COMPANY FOR THE LONELY II.
MEMORISE:
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9
READ: 1 Samuel 16:18-19
18 Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, that is cunning in playing, and a mighty valiant man, and a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the LORD is with him.
19 Wherefore Saul sent messengers unto Jesse, and said, Send me David thy son, which is with the sheep.
Having established yesterday that your period of loneliness will soon be over, today, I want us to look more deeply at David’s major preoccupation when he was alone with the sheep. This major preoccupation is also what attracted the anointing that broke the yoke of loneliness in his life. 1 Samuel 16:18-19 gives a report about David while he was alone with the sheep.
“Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, that is cunning in playing, and a mighty valiant man, and a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the LORD is with him. Wherefore Saul sent messengers unto Jesse, and said, Send me David thy son, which is with the sheep.”
David’s harp-playing prowess was attested to by one of King Saul’s servants who had witnessed David playing while he was alone with the sheep. The servant could attest to the fact that God was with David, so in the reality he was never lonely. When I used to drive myself around, many times I would praise God to such an extent that His presence would fill the car and I wouldn’t be able to concentrate on driving. I would have to park the car on the road side for a bit. Now, I spend hours walking alone in the middle of the night, praising God. Sometimes, I go into the bush because I don’t want any disturbance, but never do I feel alone in those times. Today, I have so many people around me that it would be difficult for me to be lonely in any part of the world.
God’s presence is the best company you can ever want. If you spend your lonely days praising God, doing His will and soaking yourself in His presence, soon, He will anoint and lift you out of that place of loneliness and you would become one whom the whole world would want to spend time with.
KEY POINT:
Constantly soak yourself in the presence of the Lord. Very soon, the whole world will want to be with you.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 42-43
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2020
DATE: SATURDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER 2020.
THEME: IS HE YOUR SHEPHERD?
MEMORISE:
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23:1
READ: Psalm 23:1-6
1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Psalm 23 is one of my favorite Scriptures because it shows clearly our (the sheep) total dependence on God (our Shepherd) as well as His capacity and willingness to provide for our needs.
In this Psalm, God provides for His sheep- “He maketh me to lie down in green pastures”. Thus when I am tired, He gives me rest- not just anywhere, but in green pastures. A sheep lying in green pastures has so much food that he sleeps in it. That is extreme abundance.
“He leadeth me beside the still water’’, so I can drink to my satisfaction. “He restoreth my soul” means I will never be depressed because my soul is refreshed always. “He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake” assures me of divine guidance. “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;” tells me His presence will be with me so much so that I can bring down any mountain. “Thy rod” means correction- He can reprove me when I err; what love! “…….and thy staff they comfort me” means even in my low moments, I will never lack comfort. “Thou preparest a table before me” is divine catering. Is there ever a better caterer than the Almighty? “In the presence of mine enemies” shows security, real security! “Thou anointest my head with oil…….” When God Himself pour oil on your head, nothing can be impossible for you. “My cup runneth over” refers to overflowing blessings. “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me….” Not for one week or a year, but “all the days of my life….” Isn’t that wonderful? Everywhere I go, goodness and mercy will be my escort. Then it says I have somewhere to dwell “…… in the house of the LORD for ever!” Amen.
God has provided everything: He is a great provider! However, these benefits are only for the sheep. Are you one? Do you obey God’s every instruction, follow His path, know His voice? If you are yet to come into the family of God, it is high time you gave your life to Christ, so He can become your Shepherd.
KEY POINT:
God has made every provision available in Christ; you just have to tap into it.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Joel 1-3
HYMN 21: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:23pm On Sep 12, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER 2020.
THEME: GOD IS COMING TO YOUR HOME I.
MEMORISE:
And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house. Luke 19:5
READ: Luke 19:5-6
5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.
6 And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.
There were many other houses the Lord could have chosen to visit when He decided on that man’s where He eat the Last Supper (Mark 14:12-16). The Lord will visit your home this season in the mighty name of Jesus.
Imagine if the President of your country offers to dine with you in your house. Everyone on the street would know! Even if you decide to keep it secret, the day before he/she arrives, security operatives would have been monitoring, making sure everything is in order. If that applies for a world leader, imagine the preparation for and effects of a visit of the King of Glory to your house. All the hosts of Heaven would occupy the street such that every witch, wizard or demon would have been scattered. God will visit you this year.
However, do you know it is possible for someone to deny God the opportunity to visit his house? How do I know? Jesus said in Matthew 18:20:
“For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”
If He has offered a chance of hosting a believers’ fellowship in your house, it means He really wants to be in your house. When you say “No”, you are saying, “Lord, you can keep your offer, I am fine by myself.” May you not reject God in the mighty name of Jesus.
Some feel their house is too big or too beautiful to be used for fellowship. They think “How can just anybody be allowed into my house in the name of fellowship?” when you think like this, you are not keeping the people out, rather, God!
The people you think are too low for your house are humans like you and tables turn! God’s heart is with the poor and rejected, so don’t demean them in any way. Also, if your house is too big and beautiful for God to visit, then it would be just perfect for the devil to dwell in because there is never a vacuum in life.
Be wise, let God in.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please come into my home today and dwell with me.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Daniel 1-3
HYMN 2: NOW THANK WE ALL OUR GOD.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER 2020.
THEME: GOD IS COMING TO YOUR HOME III.
MEMORISE:
For the LORD thy God walketh in the midst of thy camp, to deliver thee, and to give up thine enemies before thee; therefore shall thy camp be holy: that he see no unclean thing in thee, and turn away from thee. Deuteronomy 23:14
READ: Luke 22:8-14
8 And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat.
9 And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare?
10 And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in.
11 And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?
12 And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished: there make ready.
13 And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.
14 And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him.
Several years ago, I promised to visit one of my Pastor. I had told him I would stay only a few minutes, pray and leave. Since he wanted me to stay a bit longer, he devised a means. He got a very good collection of hymns and started playing just before I arrived. I ended up staying for hours.
Do you know God will cut His visit to some homes short if the environment is not conducive?
“…therefore shall thy camp be holy: that he see no unclean thing in thee, and turn away from thee.” Deuteronomy 23:14
My Father-in-the-Lord- Pa Josiah Akindoyomi, once preached a message about this. He said we must keep our houses clean if we want God there. God detests dirt so much that if He finds any unclean thing in a camp, He leaves (Deuteronomy 23:14). He asked: When last did you clean under your bed? If it is full of dust and dirt, God cannot stay. Those who work with me know that, if you claimed to have cleaned a room and I find dust at the top of the door, you may have to repeat the cleaning because I want anywhere, I am to be conducive for God to stay.
Pa Akindayomi also taught us that God cannot stay where ungodly music is played. This is because music carries a spirit with it. If you play godly music, the spirit of God will stay, but if you play worldly music, demons are invited to stay. What kind of music do you play in your home? This can determine if God will stay in your home or not.
Finally, God is love. He cannot stay where strife and bitterness persist. If you are always fighting and insulting your spouse, you are sending God away. Instead, pray together, raise an altar of praise in your home. Once there is an altar where you and your family meet to pray and praise God, you can be sure He will dwell with you for as long as you want Him to.
Jesus loves you and He wants to stay in you home; make it conducive for Him today.
PRAYER POINT:
Using the lessons learnt today, make sure everything is in place for your home to be conducive for God to stay in when He comes.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Daniel 7-9.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 12:58am On Sep 16, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 16TH SEPTEMBER 2020.
THEME: CHOOSE YOUR COMPANY WISELY.
MEMORISE:
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14
READ: Psalm 26:4-5
4 I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers.
5 I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.
You can attract blessings just by being around the right people. Likewise, it is possible to pick up curses by being in the wrong company. That is why the Psalmist said in Psalm 26:4-5:
“I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers. I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.”
Some time ago, I travelled abroad for a crusade and noted the absence of a particular son of mine who was ill at the time. I went to the hospital and while praying for him, I felt the power of God come down mightily. The next day, I got a report that not only had my son been healed and discharged, but also everyone else in the ward. They got their healing just because they shared the same ward with my son.
Who you associate with has a great influence on what you attract. This is why you must be friends with good Christians. Search for people who are wiser than you and be their friends. Proverbs 13:20 says:
“He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.”
Don’t stay in the midst of gossips or people jesting about their sinful acts. If you find yourself among those smoking and drinking, leave immediately.
Always choose your partners and associates carefully. Partner with genuine children of God. If the person carries the blessings of God, you can be sure that your project(s) will be blessed. When you are in business with one who is suggesting you cut corners, give bribes or cheat, break such relationships because that fellow will invite the devil into your enterprise.
God commands us to love our neighbor as ourselves, not that everyone must be our friend. We must choose our friends wisely. Keep your associations pure.
ACTION POINT:
Dissociate yourself from every ungodly friend today.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Daniel 10-12.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:57pm On Sep 16, 2020
DATE: THURSDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER 2020.
THEME: BECOMING AN EXEMPLARY LEADER I.
MEMORISE:
And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter. Genesis 11:3
READ: Genesis 11:1-4
1And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
Naturally, humans search for leaders and role models. For example, anyone who wants to become a great footballer would begin to study whoever is greatest in the sport at that point in time. He would find out his diet, where and how long he practices and all there is to know about the fellow.
Unfortunately, few people have exemplary leadership qualities today. You can’t do things the usual way and expert people to follow. Innovate; you have to go beyond the ordinary to be called ‘extraordinary’.
No aspiring footballer will make a role model out of a striker who only scores goals occasionally. However, the one who scores hattricks regularly will be a leader to many. You must show results that are far greater than the norm.
In Genesis 11:3, the leaders of these people were innovator. While everyone else used stones to build, they decided to make bricks. While everyone else used mortar, they used slime. The leaders in this story asked the people to take up a seemingly impossible task of building a tower that would reach heaven, yet no one argued. They trusted that if these leaders could come up with innovations like bricks and slime, they could lead them to achieve their aim. So, for the followers, it was not a question of whether the goal was achievable or not. They thought “I must be part of this great feat.”
You shouldn’t plead for loyalty. People aren’t following because they cannot see anything special about your leadership. Some are even doubting if you can really achieve your goals.
To be a leader, always think outside the box. Don’t think in terms of limitations, think in terms of solutions. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you new ideas that can bring about major improvements and innovations.
ACTION POINT:
You want to be an exemplary leader? Go beyond the ordinary always.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezra 1-3.
HYMN 30: WHEN WE WALK WITH THE LORD.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:18pm On Sep 17, 2020
DATE: FRIDAY 18TH SEPTEMBER 2020.
THEME: BECOMING AN EXEMPLARY LEADER II.
MEMORISE:
And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. Genesis 11:4
READ: Genesis 11:1-6
1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
Rarely will anyone see a better way of doing things and not connect with it. If you want to do the extraordinary, your followers must first and foremost share the same vision with you.
Before the people started working on the project in Genesis 11, the leaders had spelt out the vision to everyone. Don’t expect people to join you when they don’t know where you are going. Sell your vison so convincingly that they will adopt it as their own and be ready to pay any price to get there. Habakkuk 2:2 says:
“ And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.”
As a leader, is your vision written for all your followers to see? Is it plain enough for them to understand? Is it available on all ‘tables’ rather than just your table? If you answered yes to all, then you have laid the right foundation for your followers to key into your vision.
Long before our exponential growth started in the RCCG, we made it compulsory for the vision and mission statements to be displayed publicly in every parish. Everyone knew our number one vision is to make heaven and the second is to take as many as possible with us. So, we were always looking for ways to start new parishes of the Church. Today there are so many parishes around the world, not because I am an expert at planting them, but because the vision is no longer just mine, it everyone’s.
Sometime ago, I prophesied that the work would be so much, I wouldn’t be able to attend to all and even ushers would perform wonders. Today, by the grace of God, miracles happen during praise and worship sessions at some of our services. A lot of members and workers are already being used of God. One woman even raised three dead people in one day, something I am yet to do.
REFELCTION:
Is your vision plainly written down for all your followers to see?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezra 4-6.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Stump An Atheist... / What Is The Sin Of Omission? / The Ten Commandments In The New Testament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 250
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.