Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

My Honest Take On Amotekun Initiative! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Honest Take On Amotekun Initiative! (260 Views)

Garus Gololo: South-West’s Stand On Amotekun Could Cost Them 2023 Presidency / Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity / Soyinka Slams Musa Balarabe Over Comment On Amotekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Honest Take On Amotekun Initiative! by dejiolaniyan(m): 9:49am On Jan 21, 2020
AMOTEKUN.
Amotekun has come to stay.
In the 70s during the civil war, Metro Cinema, Yaba, Lagos was bombed, by the rebel forces. The (Nigerian) Security and Civil Defense Corps was set up by the South West as a voluntary organization, to assist in civil matters, and also as a reaction to the exigency of that time. It was resisted by the powers that was. Today, the Corps has been hijacked by the Federal Government.
The Oyo State Government set up the Road Safety Corps around 1978 to control traffic and prevent road accidents in Oyo State.
Prof Wole Soyinka was the first Corps Marshall.
Shehu Shagari's Government, banned the operatives from operating on the Federal roads. Today it had been hijacked by the same Federal Government.
Some people are simply afraid and jealous of innovations of mental Giants, not because the ideas are necessarily bad, but because it exposes their own mental laziness. Amotekun may make or break Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: My Honest Take On Amotekun Initiative! by dukie25: 9:56am On Jan 21, 2020
Every region should police themselves and gradually we would have disintegration.
Re: My Honest Take On Amotekun Initiative! by leke12(m): 9:56am On Jan 21, 2020
AMOTEKUN
Nobody can intimidate the Yorubas. Amotekun has come to stay.
In the 70s during the civil war, Metro Cinema, Yaba, Lagos was bombed, by the rebel forces. The (Nigerian) Security and Civil Defense Corps was set up by the South West as a voluntary organization, to assist in civil matters, and also as a reaction to the exigency of that time. It was resisted by the powers that was. Today, the Corps has been hijacked by the Federal Government. They are now using "Federal Character" to get their children enlisted in the Corps.
The Oyo State Government set up the Road Safety Corps around 1978 to control traffic and prevent road accidents in Oyo State.
Prof Wole Soyinka was the first Corps Marshall.
Shehu Shagari's Government, banned the operatives from operating on the Federal roads. Today it had been hijacked by the same Federal Government.
Some people are simply afraid and jealous of progressive innovations of mental Giants, not because the ideas are necessarily bad, but because it exposes their own emptiness and lac of ideas. There is nothing anybody can do to draw the progress of Yoruba race backward. Ours is a pace setting race. Whether Amotekun will make or break Nigeria, it has come to stay.
Copied.

(1) (Reply)

FG And South-west Governors Agree On Functioning Of Amotekun / JUST IN: AGF Malami Backtracks On Calling Amotekun Illegal / State Of The Nation Policy Session By Academy Halogen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.