Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,396 members, 7,853,766 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:39 PM

Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo (15688 Views)

APC: Tinubu Got The Message By Oke Umurhohwo / Medical Tourism: Who Is Buhari Talking To? By Oke Umurhohwo / "2023: Tinubu And His Mind Game" by Oke Umurhohwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by IceColdVeins(m): 3:03pm On Jan 21, 2020
That carcass meat seller will not like this thread.

Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:05pm On Jan 21, 2020
...Seyi Makinde...so far has been an upstanding politician and governor of Oyo state...
Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by PlayerMeji: 3:56pm On Jan 21, 2020
Let us all not begin to think like this that you have written.

You are throwing the baby and the bath water away.

This kind of envious thought pattern will cost Yorubaland the whole of other achievements coming our way.

solmusdesigns:
cool

this guy's love for show off and attention almost cost us in yorubaland our secretly guarded Amotekun

Just today alone on state owned TV they have ran atleast 3 advert of his Audio achievements, and all the state news were all about him

He craves media attention like a media LovePeddler , 6 governors planed and contributed funds for 7 months meeting frequently and delibrating on best way to handle the issue, while they involved their state legislator..

upon puchase of the opreational vehicles, this clown had to make it about himself since the host venue was Oyo State, they went to twitter and facebook with his pics smiling and lunching what 6 governors paid for, making others look like betrayers

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by solmusdesigns: 4:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
PlayerMeji:
Let us all not begin to think like this that you have written.

You are throwing the baby and the bath water away.

This kind of envious thought pattern will cost Yorubaland the whole of other achievements coming our way.

" envious " of what exactly ? yoruba would say if two brothers go into a meeting and they all smile out then they are just decieving each other, lets say the truth to Makinde so he can adjust and deliver on good governance, and not fool him as Constituited Authority was fooled for his second term

8 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by Lush100(m): 4:52pm On Jan 21, 2020
eg go to mokola roundabout by now you will see roadside trading

Sir, road side trading has always been a hallmark of ibadan since time immemorial, it did not start with GSM,
Also sir ,rome was not built in a day, some things take time and behavioral changes.
lets wait and see.

laurel03:
Aside salary and humility... Makinde still Audio gomina even the law school fees not all Oyo students he paid for. I like GSM but this guy never ready for government only media governance. Ibadan turn to lawlessness society eg go to mokola roundabout by now you will see roadside trading everywhere and for safety purpose not good at all and other busy places in Ibadan because u hawked bread then we should not do the rightful things again. Environmental matter every where turning to gege olohun now. to the extent that GSM using hand to park idoti just for media stunt. Even the so called free education na scam free education and public schools dont have teachers to take many topics because no PTA teachers again and we heard it was arrogant Ajimobi that even did the free texts books and had been he mentioned he will not paid for waec fees for students during campaigned Seriously seyi might not emerged as Governor. Seyi need to wake up and welfarism only for civil servant with Media governance not what I voted for because paying salaries is normal thing. Even the new minimum wage Oyo never paid and some States in Nigeria been paying it since late last year. Ajumose buses works reduced to 10% now and hardly use see them on the roads again. GSM should start better programs for all and sundry of the state from Ibadan to okeogun to Ibarapa mejeje to ogbomoso . GSM Media crew are doing good jobs because they make awon ajekuta ma mu omi and other people outside the state blv Ibadan is transforming to London and everything is turning around to good in Oyo... yeyenatu. Chinco GSM can make noise sha because to me you are just making noise

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by Theomarvelus(m): 5:20pm On Jan 21, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

this guy's love for show off and attention almost cost us in yorubaland our secretly guarded Amotekun

Just today alone on state owned TV they have ran atleast 3 advert of his Audio achievements, and all the state news were all about him

He craves media attention like a media LovePeddler , 6 governors planed and contributed funds for 7 months meeting frequently and delibrating on best way to handle the issue, while they involved their state legislator..

upon puchase of the opreational vehicles, this clown had to make it about himself since the host venue was Oyo State, they went to twitter and facebook with his pics smiling and lunching what 6 governors paid for, making others look like betrayers

did other state governors complain
Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by PlayerMeji: 5:21pm On Jan 21, 2020
I hope that's the only issue you have against Makinde as I find it trivial but still of concerns at least to you.

Ps.

I thought Constituited Authority won his second term but lost out to someone else for the senate seat.

solmusdesigns:

" envious " of what exactly ? yoruba would say if two brothers go into a meeting and they all smile out then they are just decieving each other, lets say the truth to Makinde so he can adjust and deliver on good governance, and not fool him as Constituited Authority was fooled for his second term
Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by solmusdesigns: 5:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
PlayerMeji:
I hope that's the only issue you have against Makinde as I find it trivial but still of concerns at least to you.

Ps.

I thought Constituited Authority won his second term but lost out to someone else for the senate seat.

i meant what happened to his ego in the second term...

you might find it trivial thats your own observation, but then i find it more than trivial and good thing its democracy we are all free with our opinions

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by laurel03(m): 5:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
Lush100:
eg go to mokola roundabout by now you will see roadside trading

Sir, road side trading has always been a hallmark of ibadan since time immemorial, it did not start with GSM,
Also sir ,rome was not built in a day, some things take time and behavioral changes.
lets wait and see.

Hmmm Rome was not built in a day but this is over 8month now and no road map aside and meaningful policies aside welfarism and hyping.
road side trading in Ibadan during the Ajimobi regime with role of former commissioner of environment Bar lowo Obisesan was reduce. GSM should stop using media for everything and let all and sundry feel the good impact of governance... we need innovations programs, we need law and orderliness is one of the key policy to change citizens behaviours.
Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by kpompey: 5:55pm On Jan 21, 2020
Theomarvelus:
did other state governors complain

Mr PDP....Go and sit down.We are not being fed by politicians OK, but the interest of Oyo state people should come first. This man should the needful and stop this media hyping.
So far I scored him 20 percent. He can fool the illiterate but for us,it is capital Noooooo.People are not blind to tell you if truly you are performing Governor.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by NGpatriot: 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2020
lol..must be talking social media and internet propaganda leadership..

Comedians.

grin

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by PlayerMeji: 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
That's the joy of bantering in maturity, points made are heard, noted and absolved with open minds with the least blood shed.

Do have a wonderful day, my friend. I hope Makinde would be the special one eventually

solmusdesigns:

i meant what happened to his ego in the second term...

you might find it trivial thats your own observation, but then i find it more than trivial and good thing its democracy we are all free with our opinions

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by Theomarvelus(m): 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
kpompey:

Mr PDP....Go and sit down.We are not being fed by politicians OK, but the interest of Oyo state people should come first. This man should the needful and stop this media hyping.
So far I scored him 20 percent. He can fool the illiterate but for us,it is capital Noooooo.People are not blind to tell you if truly you are performing Governor.
it's now clear to me who you really are but mind you if you score him 20 percent , there are thousand out there that score him 60%, Mr opposition we don't need your 20%. by the time he finish his duty I am very sure you will be among those that will praise him not knowing to people you av once castigated him . good day
Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by kpompey: 6:58pm On Jan 21, 2020
Theomarvelus:
it's now clear to me who you really are but mind you if you score him 20 percent , there are thousand out there that score him 60%, Mr opposition we don't need your 20%. by the time he finish his duty I am very sure you will be among those that will praise him not knowing to people you av once castigated him . good day

We are waiting. However, it is clear to us you are one of them .Voice of GSM here on naira land. We need results and propaganda.
Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by Benjanyne: 7:36pm On Jan 21, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
lol..must be talking social media and internet propaganda leadership..

Comedians.

grin
[/s]
Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by hero2000: 9:37pm On Jan 21, 2020
kpompey:

I am wondering how much you would score his predecessor. Let me tell you some of the things Makinde has done better than Ajimobi.

*Free education is a big deal. Many kids have begun school again.

*His government has budgeted an unprecedented percentage for education.

*No more projects with the aim of stealing.

*Anti corruption drive with the establishment of the Oyo State Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

Have you listened to him talk? you see a humble man(although a billionaire not from stealing in government). And the holy book says with the humble is wisdom. Wisdom does not mean you know everything; it means you are willing to learn.

To say he is not doing anything looks to me as mischievous.
Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by kpompey: 5:51pm On Jan 23, 2020
hero2000:

I am wondering how much you would score his predecessor. Let me tell you some of the things Makinde has done better than Ajimobi.

*Anti corruption drive with the establishment of the Oyo State Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

Have you listened to him talk? you see a humble man(although a billionaire not from stealing in government). And the holy book says with the humble is wisdom. Wisdom does not mean you know everything; it means you are willing to learn.

Sorry I responded late, it was due to my tight schedule. Anyways, out of the points mentioned above which one is laudable. To be honest with you , only a mediocre will call these achievements from the free education to a theatrical act of being modest.
Let me tell you , the idea of free education is thrash. Any parent who can not invest #250 quarterly on his child or children doesn't deserved to be called one. In this Oyo state, I have seen parents who can not afford Waec fee but killed the biggest cow for a 3 years dead grand pa. I have seen guys with four to five kids drinking all night, yet their children are sent home because of Ajimobi #250 quarterly policy. Again, rather than call for proper use of the money in case he smells corruption.Our Excellency GSM opted for cheap popularity and canceled the payment outrightly. Today, asking you Mr Achiever rhetorically where are the PTA teachers, what is the condition of these facilities used by these students. Note, I am not talking of few like Loyola that are maintained by old students. Moreover, how many teachers have their kids there, after all they know the standards. Can the Governor allow is kids to share classroom with this kids.A good leader lead by example and not precept. Even in the developed countries, parents paid subsidized fee for maintenance purposes. We should not train our people to be irresponsible and this is one of the demerit of GSM policy.
Yes, Ajimobi can be rude, selfish and useless but he is more experienced than this guy.GSM is an audio Governor and he needs to correct this within the next three years. He should be firm with his policies and also try to source for good advisers and not the hungry lads that are hyping him falsely and lying all over social media.
I will never score him more than 20 but he is open to improvements. 3 years is still far,may God keep us.Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by NGpatriot: 6:04pm On Jan 23, 2020
hero2000:

These are just empty platitudes and being humble is not a sign of good governance.

If these are great attributes of a good and performing governor, then nearly all the governors in Nigeria are great and performing excellently.

Funny how the performing governors delivering every day with infrastructures all over the place are the ones that many of you hate and detest, but the useless one without anything to their names are the best according to many of you. You people have a warped understanding of good. governance.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by Vidyut: 6:07pm On Jan 23, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

These are just empty platitudes and being humble is not a sign of good governance.

If these are great attributes of a good and performing governor, then nearly all the governors in Nigeria are great and performing excellently.

Funny how the performing governors delivering every day with infrastructures all over the place are the ones that many of you hate and detest, but the useless one without anything to their names are the best according to many of you. You people have a warped understanding of good. governance.
[/s]
Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by googi: 6:27pm On Jan 23, 2020
My gosh!

Look at these mumu pouring accolades on politicians going on a shopping spree with a crowd for where to secure foreign contracts and launder money from foreign reserve.

All the money that will be spent can establish fire fighting plant, training and employing graduates in Nigeria.

No o. Each nww Governor and president must look for new contract to stash money abroad.

Shame on those applauding looters.
Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by Basic123: 6:31pm On Jan 23, 2020
laurel03:
Aside salary and humility... Makinde still Audio gomina even the law school fees not all Oyo students he paid for. I like GSM but this guy never ready for government only media governance. Ibadan turn to lawlessness society eg go to mokola roundabout by now you will see roadside trading everywhere and for safety purpose not good at all and other busy places in Ibadan because u hawked bread then we should not do the rightful things again. Environmental matter every where turning to gege olohun now. to the extent that GSM using hand to park idoti just for media stunt. Even the so called free education na scam free education and public schools dont have teachers to take many topics because no PTA teachers again and we heard it was arrogant Ajimobi that even did the free texts books and had been he mentioned he will not paid for waec fees for students during campaigned Seriously seyi might not emerged as Governor. Seyi need to wake up and welfarism only for civil servant with Media governance not what I voted for because paying salaries is normal thing. Even the new minimum wage Oyo never paid and some States in Nigeria been paying it since late last year. Ajumose buses works reduced to 10% now and hardly use see them on the roads again. GSM should start better programs for all and sundry of the state from Ibadan to okeogun to Ibarapa mejeje to ogbomoso . GSM Media crew are doing good jobs because they make awon ajekuta ma mu omi and other people outside the state blv Ibadan is transforming to London and everything is turning around to good in Oyo... yeyenatu. Chinco GSM can make noise sha because to me you are just making noise
KUDOS
Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by kpompey: 3:11pm On Jan 27, 2020
PDP fighting in Ibadan, destroying Government properties all because they want the local government by force. The attorney general and supreme court sack their caretakers so why the dirty grievances. Today I know the position of the Governor, they are fighting for their pocket and not anything else.
Zero interest of the masses. Fighting and destroying properties of the masses, yet our Governor folded his hand. They should be allow to use their term just like he prayed to use his term. Oyo state is doomed under this guy, they both enjoyed equal mandate
Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by 7lives: 5:10pm On Jan 27, 2020
Basic123:

KUDOS

grin
Basic123:

KUDOS

Oyo state with reference to Ibadan will not prosper until they stop playing amala politics, only purposeful politics will position that sorry state, into her righful place in this country.
I remembered how they gang up against comrade Lam Adeshina, they said his children were throwing parties and he didn't stop them, they forgot that while Lam Adeshina was being incaserated by Abacha, his children suffered neglect.
They voted against AD and willingly handed over Oyo over to Amala eaters, where people that did not even have primary school certificate became councillors.
Ajimobi arrived and we started seeing changes, all of a sudden we started hearing how Ajimobi is uncouth and big mouthed, o se enu gbon ngbon.
Ara won ko otito ni Ibadan especially, they have truly gone back to where they truely belongs.
Mediocrity is now the order of the day, people like us had hoped that a 16 years of ACN/ APC will at least change the status of that Ibadan in particular but, a le fi ipa mu eshin lo s'odo ni, a o le fi ipa fun ni omi mu.
Anyway wahala ti won niyen, a o le so pe ki omode ma dete, bi o ba ti le da Igbo gbe.
We have seen Ajimobi's efforts, he already raised the bar, so Mr GSM should sit up and get to work, four years pe tan.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by Basic123: 5:53pm On Jan 27, 2020
7lives:

grin

Oyo state with reference to Ibadan will not prosper until they stop playing amala politics, only purposeful politics will position that sorry state, into her righful place in this country.
I remembered how they gang up against comrade Lam Adeshina, they said his children were throwing parties and he didn't stop them, they forgot that while Lam Adeshina was being incaserated by Abacha, his children suffered neglect.
They voted against AD and willingly handed over Oyo over to Amala eaters, where people that did not even have primary school certificate became councillors.
Ajimobi arrived and we started seeing changes, all of a sudden we started hearing how Ajimobi is uncouth and big mouthed, o se enu gbon ngbon.
Ara won ko otito ni Ibadan especially, they have truly gone back to where they truely belongs.
Mediocrity is now the order of the day, people like us had hoped that a 16 years of ACN/ APC will at least change the status of that Ibadan in particular but, a le fi ipa mu eshin lo s'odo ni, a o le fi ipa fun ni omi mu.
Anyway wahala ti won niyen, a o le so pe ki omode ma dete, bi o ba ti le da Igbo gbe.
We have seen Ajimobi's efforts, he already raised the bar, so Mr GSM should sit up and get to work, four years pe tan.
whenever I remember how Ibadan looks like in 2010 and ply Jericho road,ologunn eru road New garage .. challenge etc ....I pity Ibadan people and pity AJIMOBI because his work was underrated!
Re: Seyi Makinde: Showing That Leadership Is A Responsibility By Oke Umurhohwo by Mide360: 2:31pm On Feb 07, 2020
Mtcheew

(1) (2) (Reply)

"We Will Not Condone Divisive, Unsavoury Statements" - DSS Issues Warning / Buhari Departs Nigeria For Equatorial Guinea (Photos) / Protest In Ibadan Over Closure Of Business Premises (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.