Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" (20263 Views)

PDP Demands INEC To Conduct Fresh Elections In 27 State Constituencies In River. / Ikonne: Abia PDP Can Conduct Fresh Primary – INEC / Kano Rerun: Conduct Fresh Or Cancelled "Supplementary Election" - Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Rapmoney(m): 5:44am On Jan 22, 2020
angry
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Kirinwa: 5:48am On Jan 22, 2020
9jaBlogger:
http://igberetvnews.com/1278877/breaking-uzodinma-set-conduct-fresh-local-govt-elections/

He should say that he intends to put his goons as chairmen in all local governments.

I hate Nigerian politics.

1 Like

Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by josielewa(m): 5:54am On Jan 22, 2020
Sacchi1162:
Hope will turn out to be more controversial than the others combined
he will be the worst thing to happen to imolites
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by ejimatic: 5:56am On Jan 22, 2020
9jaBlogger:
http://igberetvnews.com/1278877/breaking-uzodinma-set-conduct-fresh-local-govt-elections/
If Iheodiah had conducted local government elections before there is no need of conducting another election.The Supreme court judgement says all of them should finish their tenure.If no election before you are free to conduct elections now into the local governments.
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by 9iceprince(m): 5:57am On Jan 22, 2020
Keep it up wailers, when SEYI MAKINDE sacked all Local Govt Chairmen in OYO STATE you are all praising him...so why is dis wrong frm APC governor

1 Like

Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by ifymadu: 6:05am On Jan 22, 2020
So that APC will win all the LGAs, we know every. Talk another one abeg...
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Moikiitos: 6:11am On Jan 22, 2020
9jaBlogger:

Mistake priority...and you will get fresh money to finance the election. :/
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Doktajay5: 6:17am On Jan 22, 2020
yanabasee:
In the next few months and three years to come.... Imolite will be changing leaders up and down....

Hope should focus more on his purpose as a governor.... Except, he's got no blueprint or unprepared for the governorship position privilege he just got.

He simply doesn't have any blueprint. Dude from history doesn't campaign, nor show any road map. Of course becoming governor even took him by surprise.

If imo were to be lagos, am sure imolites won't bother remembering he is there. He is that useless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Youngmind112: 6:22am On Jan 22, 2020
Nigeia Na wa oh

Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by thatigboman: 6:26am On Jan 22, 2020
optimus106:
Are you INEc?

What kind of country is this sef?
it's not INEC that conducts local govt elections. Each state has its own election commission
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Cutehector(m): 6:28am On Jan 22, 2020
Igbos eh
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by dalongjnr: 6:37am On Jan 22, 2020
Hmm... Many people in this forum are poorly informed. Imagined some people asking the question, "is the governor INEC"?
Very bad. It's the duty of States' electoral commission to conduct elections, and not INEC.
2. Was LG elections conducted in IMO state? I don't know.
3. Did Hope uzo,have the right to conduct new LGC election? Yes, if;
(a) Election was not conducted before.
(b) If the tenure of those elected have expired.
(c) If any of the chairman was removed by the court or house of assembly.
Aside the above, the governor is on illegality. The problem is; most governors will not conduct any election but towards the end of their tenure or where likely if they don't win reelection, they will install their stooge in the LGC to have grips on power. This often times breads insubordination. Let it be well spelled out that, all governors most conduct LGC elections immediately they are sworn in and their tenure elapsed simultaneously or on prerequisite of INEC not SIECs'. Our constitution is faulty and same needs to be amended.

5 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by nwamabo247(m): 6:38am On Jan 22, 2020
that is the lawful thing to do naw.PLEASE nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from ugwueme awgu L.G.A. enugu state,12yrs ago in 2007 ihave a quadruplegic spinal cord injure which resulted in me been in bedridden condition and unable to move around no source of income yet because my fingers are partialy afected my family has suffer and spend so much this condition especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and litle medications,buying of catheters and health care needs.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence see my signature for more detail
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Funkybabee(f): 6:55am On Jan 22, 2020
Who gave u such power unless inec say so and if they say so, it will involved your own
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Eteo: 6:55am On Jan 22, 2020
MayorofLagos:
Only INEC has power to do that, Governors do not have power to conduct elections.

INEC has no power to conduct local government elections...that power is vested in the State Independent Electoral Commission...and the SIEC is appointed by the governor...so it is within the governor"s powers to give executive directives for fresh Lg elections.

2 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Magicians: 7:09am On Jan 22, 2020
Pathetic wailing started ?

ursullalinda:
What kind of selfish and greedy politicians do we have in Nigeria?.....seems they are all imported from one side during creation.....with one pattern of reasoning
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 22, 2020
Freestainworld:
Unify your state and stop being a political bigot, greed kills faster than a bullet.
these are the things that would naturally encourage impeachment. Are the LG chairmen imported from kano? They're still his people
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by adslipps: 7:14am On Jan 22, 2020
seunlayi:
... With intent to make Apc win it all. What if Apc didn't win, its he going to conduct another election instead of just focus as a governor?

As far as is local government election, they will only do selection and not election. Rochas did it and APC won all the 27 local governments

1 Like

Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by awa(m): 7:15am On Jan 22, 2020
Imolites come see una new Governor ooo cool
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by jaxxy(m): 7:21am On Jan 22, 2020
When will he start fixing the issues affecting the state?
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Centcanada: 7:42am On Jan 22, 2020
ursullalinda:
What kind of selfish and greedy politicians do we have in Nigeria?.....seems they are all imported from one side during creation.....with one pattern of reasoning
what are you thinking? They have single handedly put him there as their puppet and they will yell h what he will do. They have him a long script on what to do and what not to do. He has study it very well and he will act accordingly.
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Dre555: 7:42am On Jan 22, 2020
MayorofLagos:
Only INEC has power to do that, Governors do not have power to conduct elections.
inec doesn't conduct lg chairman elections in Nigeria. it's the State electoral commission that conducts it.

2 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Centcanada: 7:43am On Jan 22, 2020
ursullalinda:
what are you thinking? They have single handedly put him there as their puppet and they will tell him what he will do. They gave him a long script on what to do and what not to do. He has study it very well and he will act accordingly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Centcanada: 7:45am On Jan 22, 2020
Do what you re told for the mission of Fulani's be accomplish but I bet you, you will see another side of God on that seat. Pray you come out from there peacefully.
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 22, 2020
ejimatic:
If Iheodiah had conducted local government elections before there is no need of conducting another election.The Supreme court judgement says all of them should finish their tenure.If no election before you are free to conduct elections now into the local governments.
Rochas conducted LG election in Imo state but they were all sacked by Ihedioha but due to the recent Supreme Court judgement on Ekiti State LG, I think they are to be reinstated and if Hope decided to go against the judgment by not reinstating them and conducting fresh Election then it suppose to be declare null and void.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by sixtus20: 8:07am On Jan 22, 2020
Why fresh local Government election what of the elected chairmen and councillors return them back to complete their tenure thank God they are members of APC for peace to be achieved or use them as Tc chairmen and councillors committee members.
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by hush15: 8:19am On Jan 22, 2020
ursullalinda:

I just hope the letter Malami wrote to Seyi makinde will be forwarded to Mr. Hope Uzodimma
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by ejimatic: 8:19am On Jan 22, 2020
Mkpakala:

Rochas conducted LG election in Imo state but they were all sacked by Ihedioha but due to the recent Supreme Court judgement on Ekiti State LG, I think they are to be reinstated and if Hope decided to go against the judgment by not reinstating them and conducting fresh Election then it suppose to be declare null and void.
I agreed with you but did those sack by Ihedioah go to court?If yes they would be reinstated. but if they did not they have slept over their right.Hope has the right to conduct another election.However the supreme court judgement has been in existence for about three years .The state government's are only defying it
Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by optimus106(m): 8:20am On Jan 22, 2020
thatigboman:
it's not INEC that conducts local govt elections. Each state has its own election commission

I know...

My take is...

The Governor has no business with the process.

Allow those saddled with that responsibility do their job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by AmTruth: 8:20am On Jan 22, 2020
All supporters of Gov. Hope Uzo are always matured and neat in appearance. Very educative in handling issue. Let them continue give the government wise advise.

1 Like

Re: Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 22, 2020
J111333:
Maybe he is also the governor of INEC state. undecided
honestly the man is very dull

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo Judgement Review: Why Is PDP and Ihedioha's Lawyer Asking For More Time? / Buhari Speaks At The Opening Ceremony Of China-nigeria Business Forum / Flood Along Old Ife Road Ibadan Delays Daily Routine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.