Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan (596 Views)

Israel - Palestine Crisis: Between @Mfaarees And @ZariyiYusufu On Twitter / Ritual Killers Are Muslims, Christians – Traditionalists In Ogun / Stop Tagging Soldiers As Muslims, Christians – Shehu Sani Replies Gumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by agwom(m): 9:38pm On Jan 22, 2020
* CAN President, Pastor Ayokunle reacts

The Sultan of Sokoto and head of Jama’atu Nasril Islam (JNI), Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar III on Wednesday in Abuja said there is no crisis between Christians and Muslims in Nigeria, adding that ignorance has always been the cause of religious tension in the country.

This is as the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Dr. Samson Ayokunle, who refused to make a speech during the programme, said he was not in a good mood to speak because of the killing of a CAN chairman in Adamawa state, Rev. Lawan Andimi. “From December till now, we have continued to loose church leaders and others without any array of hope that it will stop. Dialogue with the Boko Haram that abducted him (Andimi) could not yield fruit. I am not in a mood to do a speech,” Ayokunle said in an emotionally-laden voice before moving to his seat.

The Sultan who is also the President General, Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA), disclosed this at the Year 2020 Interfaith Dialogue Forum for Peace (IDFP) 3rd Annual General Assembly and Peace Conference, with the theme: “Interreligious Dialogue: Strengthening the Culture of Peace, Justice and Reconciliation”.

According to Sultan Abubakar, who was represented by the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, the notion that Christians and Muslims are fighting in the country is untrue, noting that those engaged in the killings are criminals and must be treated as such. “The poor Muslim Hausa famer and the poor Christian Hausa famer do not understand that their problems are the same.

The rich Muslim and the rich Christians continue to confuse the poor to continue to fight themselves while the rich, irrespective of their religion are living together, attending weddings and parties together. Communication is an issue. How do leaders handle communication? “Whoever that takes life whether Christian or Muslim is a criminal and should be treated as such. Everything I heard today is hegemonic.

“The traditional and religious leaders that are supposed to hold political leaders to account for the people are been muscled into silence. “If you are an emir and you talk too much, you get remove. If you are an Imam or a Bishop, you need money for charity, but be ready to do business with the devil so that you can do charity. “The idea that there is a problem between Christians and Muslims is strange.

At the age of eight, my parents sent me to St Ann’s Catholic Church, Kaduna. No one attempted to convert me to Christianity,” Sanusi said while calling for tolerance among Nigerians. The Co-chairmen of the IDFP, Alhaji Ishaq Kunle Sanni and Bishop Sunday Onuaha, said the aim of the event was to ensure a continuous dialogue between Christians and Muslims for peace in Nigeria. Other speakers at the event called for the establishment of reconciliation ministry to help deepen understanding between Christians and Muslims.

The Catholic Archbishop of Abuja and Apostolic administrator, Archdiocese of Jos, Most Rev. Ignatius Kaigama, called for the establishment of a ministry at the federal level for dialogue and reconciliation. According to him, for the nation to have peace, there has to be reconciliation. He said, “For us to have reconciliation, there has to be forgiveness. For us to have forgiveness, there has to be justice. Justice and peace are twin sisters. When they meet, reconciliation becomes possible.

For there to be justice, we need to continue to engage one another through genuine and sincere dialogue. He also said that to strengthen the culture of dialogue, religious leaders should be mindful of their utterances, especially dabbling into political predictions and instigating religious bigotry. Also speaking, the Catholic Bishop of Sokoto, Most Rev Mathew Hassan Kukah and Bishop emeritus, John Cardinal Onaiyekan, agreed with the submission of Kaigama for a reconciliation ministry.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/no-crisis-between-muslims-christians-sultan.html
Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by Racoon(m): 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2020
So who are fulanis & BH killing? The Sultan is just being plain mischievous and unsympathetic.What a useless statement.

3 Likes

Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by spendah(m): 9:45pm On Jan 22, 2020
Do you love to always be updated on social media trends?
Do you want to be the first to know wat happens around the world?
Do you have talent you want the world to know about but have no platform to make you shine?
Do you want stay at home all day but never get bored for even a second?
If yes then you need media bridge TV
https:///+2348024148682
Tap the link and save contact now for more
Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by Citytrend: 9:46pm On Jan 22, 2020
Politics of Bitterness and politicians is to be blamed for all the this country is going through today
Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by omowolewa: 9:47pm On Jan 22, 2020
Covert operations

1 Like

Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by emmydiamon(m): 9:51pm On Jan 22, 2020
I think you dont know what you are saying. You guys are just using boko haram and headsmen as a war tools, then staying behind the mask.

4 Likes

Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by mrvitalis(m): 10:08pm On Jan 22, 2020
Someone should show me a tribe that welcomed Fulanis that wasn't over run by them

There is no issue yet you took southern Kaduna land by force
Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by Sonoyom(m): 10:14pm On Jan 22, 2020
Staying in the same geographical space with these extremists can only be rivaled by living in Sudan
Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by TooMuchStuff: 10:38pm On Jan 22, 2020
cool
Says the SATAN of Sokoto ...!

Christians are not Killing Muslims it's Muslims that are killing Christians all over the North.

Buhari is killing the dreams of every Christian in Nigeria by denying them appointment into key government position of leadership in MDAs, Security, Oil and gas, defense and intelligence..!

Sultan should speak truth to power and the whole world by accepting responsibility on behalf of all the Muslims in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by clevvermind(m): 11:03pm On Jan 22, 2020
Christians should be wise and defend themselves.

2 Likes

Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by saaron(m): 11:19pm On Jan 22, 2020
Remember; Lies and Deception (Taqiyya) is islam's biggest tool of warfare, jihad (violence) against infidels.
What this terrorist sponsor and sympathiser is doing is classic example of ''Taqqiyya.''
Satan of sokoto is the costodian of muslim jihadi force in Nigeria in pursuance of usman danfodio ideology. When ever you hear islamist like him say something, take them in reverse because what they actually mean is the opposite. They're permitted to lie to infidels in order to wage Jihad against them intil they're subdued. As such, they will never tell infidels the truth about their real intentions.
If you choose to take them by their words and believe them, you will end up paying with your life. Believe them at your own peryl.

Satan of sokoto and his band of terrorist fulani brothers will soon pay for their crimes.
Bloody terrorist.

1 Like

Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by AgentNairaland(f): 11:26pm On Jan 22, 2020
So Those Guys Killing Christians Are Idol Worshippers Abi
Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 22, 2020
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, the sultan got this wrong. We Christians are intolerant of our Muslim brothers unlike how they Muslims have shown us love despite the animosity of we Christians. MURIC condemned the killing of a CAN leader today and it made me ashamed of Christianity because if the table were turned around how many pastors or Christians will condemn the killing of an imam by Christian terrorists? We have a lot of lessons to learn from our Muslim brothers so we can make Nigeria a better place for our children sad
Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by CyynthiaKiss(f): 11:44pm On Jan 22, 2020
GoTV:
sad [s]Even though I'm a born again Christian, the sultan got this wrong. We Christians are intolerant of our Muslim brothers unlike how they Muslims have shown us love despite the animosity of we Christians. MURIC condemned the killing of a CAN leader today and it made me ashamed of Christianity because if the table were turned around how many pastors or Christians will condemn the killing of an imam by Christian terrorists? We have a lot of lessons to learn from our Muslim brothers so we can make Nigeria a better place for our children sad[/s]

2 Likes

Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by eagleu: 3:47am On Jan 23, 2020
TooMuchStuff:
cool
Says the SATAN of Sokoto ...!

Christians are not Killing Muslims it's Muslims that are killing Christians all over the North.

Buhari is killing the dreams of every Christian in Nigeria by denying them appointment into key government position of leadership in MDAs, Security, Oil and gas, defense and intelligence..!

Sultan should speak truth to power and the whole world by accepting responsibility on behalf of all the Muslims in Nigeria

Evil sultan!
Na play na play they take cut off the pastor's head, and this evil man comes here to say that there is no quarrel
Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by MayorofLagos(m): 4:18am On Jan 23, 2020
Madam Ngozi has always said the words out of Sanusi's mouth cannot be trusted. See Sanusi that stood up for fulani when they slaughtered thousands in Taraba - and all the victims were Christians. He is now claiming innocent. He and Sultan. grin

These people are afraid of US reports on fulani being behind ethnic cleansing. Fulani fears US madness you see how they are tidying up?

Its three things fulani fear.
US
Sango
Amotekun

grin grin

Muhammadu Sanusi, emir of
Kano, says he is a patron of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN).

Sanusi said the group is not violent in nature and that the sultan of Sokoto, emir of Katsina, emir of Zazzau and the lamido of Adamawa were also fellow patrons.

“As I understand it when Miyetti Allah was first set up, they requested a few Fulani emirs to be their patrons in their capacity as emirs. The first grand patron was Sultan Abubakar III and he was replaced by successive sultans – Dasuki, Maccido and Saad Abubakar now,” he told PUNCH.

“Other patrons were emir of Kano, Lamido of Adamawa and emirs of Zazzau and Katsina, I believe. So, my predecessor was a patron and on my ascension to the throne, I became a patron. This is all nominal.

“To the best of my knowledge, Miyetti Allah has never been involved in acts of violence and has always condemned violence and called on its members to eschew violence.

“It is, however, committed to protecting the fundamental rights of herdsmen as Nigerians including constitutional right to freedom of movement and the ownership of private wealth and peaceful conduct of their business.”

The monarch criticised the federal government’s handling of an alleged attack on Fulani herdsmen in Taraba state, noting that killings in the Middle Belt were also carried out locals.

According to Sanusi, 800 persons were killed my Mabilla militias “some months ago” but the government failed to act on the matter despite receiving “video and audio evidence of senior politicians” involved.

“Some months ago in Mambilla, in one weekend, over 800 Fulani were murdered by Mambilla militias. The papers did not even go there to cover the story. Most of those wiped out were women, infants and the elderly,” he said.

“In one case, a pregnant woman was killed, her stomach was ripped open and the baby was brought out and slaughtered. I personally handed over to the Federal Government a dossier with the names and pictures of the 800 or so people slaughtered as well as the names and addresses of persons known to have participated in these acts of ethnic cleansing.

“Nothing has happened. I also ensured that authorities received video and audio evidence of senior politicians in Taraba State, who were involved in this act of genocide. No one has been arrested. Fulanis were also murdered in Kajuru and Numan.”

The monarch also criticised Benue’s anti-grazing law, saying it was capable of causing division and disenfranchising Fulani herdsmen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/im-patron-miyetti-allah-says-sanusi/amp
Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by goodluck10: 5:57am On Jan 23, 2020
There is crises, don't cover up.
Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by backnbeta(f): 6:03am On Jan 23, 2020
You won't ever admit there is crisis until Christians start fighting back undecided
Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by anibi9674: 6:09am On Jan 23, 2020
They are just saying these things because they know that Christians are at the receiving end. They are trying to appease the Christians.
Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by BuhariAdvocate: 6:39am On Jan 23, 2020
Northern elders should solve this matter of insecurity.
Re: No Crisis Between Muslims, Christians – Sultan by helinues: 6:42am On Jan 23, 2020
See where politics of hatred and intolerant leading us to?

(1) (Reply)

Why Buhari Should Resign – PDP Backs Abaribe / JUST IN!!! "All Returning Chinese Must Submit To Medical Examination" - Umahi / How To Attain Religious Harmony In Nigeria By Osinbajo & World Methodist Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.