Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Cyber Crime Or Terrorism: Which Do You Think Is Responsible For US Ban? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cyber Crime Or Terrorism: Which Do You Think Is Responsible For US Ban? (429 Views)

"Chude Was Arrested By Interpol Cyber Crime Unit" - Governor Soludo / No More Bokoharam Or Terrorism Since Coronavirus, Who Noticed This? / US Ban Was Disinformation- Atiku Opens Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cyber Crime Or Terrorism: Which Do You Think Is Responsible For US Ban? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 23, 2020
News from Reuters and elsewhere has suggested that President Donald Trump of the United States of America is planning to add Nigeria to his new list of countries with travel ban.

As is usual with Nigerians, the news has been met with tribal bashing and counter-bashing, of which tribe and/or which crime has put us in US black book.

MY TAKE

Cyber crime and Terrorism are both crimes of concern to America but I do not think cybercrime is responsible for US impending. Reasons being that:-

First, if cybercrime was the culprit, US would have made China top of the list. Yes, record shows that Chinese people commit the worst cybercrime on earth. Not forgetting Russian hackers. Why is Russia not in the list, if cybercrime was to blame?

Second, you don't need to be in the US to defraud Americans. Most guys into cybercrime or wire transfer do not do these things in US soil. They actually avoid US like a plague except for Invinctus Obi who probably thought he had his track all cleaned up. Aside him, most yahoo guys milking US women of dollars don't go to US to do these things.

So, do you still think it's cybercrime?

Or would you say it's drug? Then why is Mexico and Colombia not topping the list.

TERRORISM

Nigeria since 2009 has ingloriously been classified a terrorist country all thanks to Boko Haram. I remember during Obama era, Nigeria was listed as one of the countries whose citizens should be put to extra check at the Point of Entry.

Again, have we all forgotten Abdulmuttalab who hid bombs in his pants to blow up a US bound plane?

Do you not also think of US-Iran stand off having a hand in this? The US maybe scared that some radical Shiites in Nigeria might get into the US to cause problems.

In all, it's my thinking that while the US is concerned about cybercrime and hard drugs, it doesn't dread them like it dreads terrorists who would cause loss of life(ves).

This is my thinking. What do you think?

AWOL

1 Like

Re: Cyber Crime Or Terrorism: Which Do You Think Is Responsible For US Ban? by AgentNairaland(f): 7:54am On Jan 23, 2020
Terrorism Nah.. We're Not That Good Enough In Cyber Crime But Terrorism En, Islam The Religion Of Pieces And Total Destruction Has Make Us Proud
Re: Cyber Crime Or Terrorism: Which Do You Think Is Responsible For US Ban? by TheSourcerer: 7:54am On Jan 23, 2020
The days are gone Nigeria would only see or hear of bombers in movies , now there under our noses we are even rated a terrorist Nation now
Suicide that was foreign to Nigeria now as prevalent as anything also 70percent of Nigerians know a sucide victim ,
It's so sad what the present Government has caused and they don't care
See what that Hausa man was saying that Nigerians won't say anything about the Ban ,
Las Las those who go dey alright go dey alright
Re: Cyber Crime Or Terrorism: Which Do You Think Is Responsible For US Ban? by madridguy(m): 7:54am On Jan 23, 2020
Both.

I pray the US, UK, Germany, Canada and other big countries will ban every Nigeria politician, especially public office holders from coming to their country.
Re: Cyber Crime Or Terrorism: Which Do You Think Is Responsible For US Ban? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 23, 2020
madridguy:
Both.

Can you expatiate?
Re: Cyber Crime Or Terrorism: Which Do You Think Is Responsible For US Ban? by IamCookie(f): 7:59am On Jan 23, 2020
A bit of both... Iran Shittes group affiliation in Nigeria(Main reason I guess).
Re: Cyber Crime Or Terrorism: Which Do You Think Is Responsible For US Ban? by Racoon(m): 8:14am On Jan 23, 2020
Terrorism! US may toy with other but for terrorism, it's an absolute no!
Re: Cyber Crime Or Terrorism: Which Do You Think Is Responsible For US Ban? by tartar9(m): 8:17am On Jan 23, 2020
Are all the other countries to be blacklisted for terrorism
If because of some other crimes,then what crimes do they top others for?
Dont expect trump to be rational,he's the sort of person that could do so if he doesn't like the shape of your countries map.The countries he loves putting on travel ban are poor and weak countries.
Re: Cyber Crime Or Terrorism: Which Do You Think Is Responsible For US Ban? by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 23, 2020
NONE

U.S CAN'T HAVE PEOPLE WHO VOTED A FOREIGN BODY DOUBLE IN AS A DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENT

TO BE AN AMERICAN OR VISIT AMERICA YOU HAVE TO BE INTELLIGENTLY SOUND....YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO REASON

IF NIGERIANS CANT REASON AND HOLD THEIR LEADERS RESPONSIBLE YOU CAN'T BE ALLWOED TO COME INTO THEIR COUNTRY AND HOLD THEM RESPONSIBLE FOR REFUSING YOU JOBS
Re: Cyber Crime Or Terrorism: Which Do You Think Is Responsible For US Ban? by Valkrie: 8:45am On Jan 23, 2020
Re: Cyber Crime Or Terrorism: Which Do You Think Is Responsible For US Ban? by helinues: 9:16am On Jan 23, 2020
Terrorism most especially in the northern part but it is unjust to put us on that list.
Re: Cyber Crime Or Terrorism: Which Do You Think Is Responsible For US Ban? by OBAGADAFFI: 9:51am On Jan 23, 2020
Terrorism
Re: Cyber Crime Or Terrorism: Which Do You Think Is Responsible For US Ban? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 23, 2020
Americans are also involved in Cyber crimes and they also have home grown terrorists like the KKK, the ultra right wing groups as well as Islamic terrorist sleeper cells.

They also have students who wake up one day and start shooting their colleagues and teachers.

They have policemen who target, profile and kill innocent black men.

He can shut the door if he likes and build a wall as big and as long as the Great Wall of China.

Wahala ile aye Trump niyen.
Re: Cyber Crime Or Terrorism: Which Do You Think Is Responsible For US Ban? by Neoteny(m): 10:02am On Jan 23, 2020
Awol1:
News from Reuters and elsewhere has suggested that President Donald Trump of the United States of America is planning to add Nigeria to his new list of countries with travel ban.

As is usual with Nigerians, the news has been met with tribal bashing and counter-bashing, of which tribe and/or which crime has put us in US black book.

MY TAKE

Cyber crime and Terrorism are both crimes of concern to America but I do not think cybercrime is responsible for US impending. Reasons being that:-

First, if cybercrime was the culprit, US would have made China top of the list. Yes, record shows that Chinese people commit the worst cybercrime on earth. Not forgetting Russian hackers. Why is Russia not in the list, if cybercrime was to blame?

Second, you don't need to be in the US to defraud Americans. Most guys into cybercrime or wire transfer do not do these things in US soil. They actually avoid US like a plague except for Invinctus Obi who probably thought he had his track all cleaned up. Aside him, most yahoo guys milking US women of dollars don't go to US to do these things.

So, do you still think it's cybercrime?

Or would you say it's drug? Then why is Mexico and Colombia not topping the list.

TERRORISM

Nigeria since 2009 has ingloriously been classified a terrorist country all thanks to Boko Haram. I remember during Obama era, Nigeria was listed as one of the countries whose citizens should be put to extra check at the Point of Entry.

Again, have we all forgotten Abdulmuttalab who hid bombs in his pants to blow up a US bound plane?

Do you not also think of US-Iran stand off having a hand in this? The US maybe scared that some radical Shiites in Nigeria might get into the US to cause problems.

In all, it's my thinking that while the US is concerned about cybercrime and hard drugs, it doesn't dread them like it dreads terrorists who would cause loss of life(ves).

This is my thinking. What do you think?

AWOL

This

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cyber Crime Or Terrorism: Which Do You Think Is Responsible For US Ban? by Horus(m): 10:06am On Jan 23, 2020
Corruption

(1) (Reply)

North Central Governors Commend Npf On Community Policing / 2023: I Have The Capability To Rule Nigeria – Bode George / Bayelsa: Wikipiedia Updates PDP Candidates Account To Governor Elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.