Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,598 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting (42768 Views)

Orlu Attack: "Fish Out Perpetrators Without Fail" - Governor Uzodinma / Governor Uzodinma Meets Suleiman Njoku, New Chief Imam Of Imo State (Photo) / Governor Uzodinma Gifts Innoson Motors To Head Of Service, Permanent Secretaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by H100: 8:45pm On Jan 23, 2020
Vice Pesident Yemi Osinbajo on Thursday at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, presided over the National Executive Council(NEC) meeting.

The meeting is the first NEC for the year and the first for the newly sworn-in Governor of Imo State, Hope Uzodinma.

Uzodinma, the newest member of the council, was the cynosure as he exchanged banters with other governors.

Nigeria’s constitution provided that the vice president should be the Chairman of NEC.

The monthly NEC meeting deliberates on economic planning efforts and programmes of the various levels of government in the country.

NEC comprises the 36 state governors, the Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Minister of Finance, Secretary to the Government of the Federation and some other government officials whose duties hinge on the economy.

I feel excited being part of National Economic Council — Uzodinma

The Newly sworn in Imo Governor, Chief Hope Uzodinma, says he feels excited and encouraged being part of the National Economic Council (NEC).

Uzodinma spoke with State House Correspondents on the sidelines of the NEC meeting presided over the Vice-President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Thursday.

He was attending the meeting for the first time.

Uzodinma was on Jan. 15 sworn in as Governor following a Supreme Court judgment that nullified the election of Chief Emeka Ihedioha and declared him the winner of the governorship election in Imo in 2019.

The governor said he would offer his best in the course of administering the state.

“I feel excited being part of the engine room where national development is being planned and I am encouraged.

“The people of Imo State should expect the best from me in terms of my vision for the state as contained in my manifesto followed by the broadcast which I did two days ago.

“Of course, all those policies have been well articulated; researched upon; and by the grace of God, if accomplished, will take us to the next level.’’

He said that government was a continuum and that he would continue from where he met the government.

Uzodinma added, however, that in the process of governance, if there were issues that required to be probed; he would not hesitate to do so.

“I have been around for very long; I have been a private sector person, I have been in the Senate for eight years; I have been part and parcel of government.

“So, there is nothing really new; the process of national development is a collective thing.

“So, from one point or the other point, you will continue to participate and be contributing your own quota,’’ the governor said.

He said that he would gradually reconcile all the groups with a view to creating stability in the polity.

The Emir of Kano, Malam Muhammadu Sanusi, also fielded questions from newsmen and said he was at the meeting to make a presentation to NEC on behalf of the Nutrition Council of Nigeria.

Sanusi said the presentation was aimed at drawing the attention of the governors to emergency Nigeria was facing on nutrition.

“The seriousness of the nutrition problem is basically responsible for 53 per cent of the infant mortality problem we have in Nigeria.

“The very high rate of malnutrition among children and women and the need to set up structures and have proper funding and enlightenment and awareness to address these problems and the reception was very positive.

“The governors recognised the seriousness of these problems; many of them have seen the numbers; they are alarming,’’ he said.

The monarch said that members of the council had committed to prioritising the problem in their budgets and in their policies. (NAN)

https://www.nan.ng/politics/i-feel-excited-being-part-of-national-economic-council-uzodinma/

4 Likes

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 23, 2020
The way he hangs his glass.I think I should adopt this method.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by donprinyo(m): 8:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
Time will tell

3 Likes

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by destiny322(m): 8:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
This one think say governance na to dy open teeth anyhow... Mtchewww

22 Likes

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by johnkay1(m): 8:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
Change is the only constant thing in life.
In Mbaka voice "I see Hope in Imo state"
I pray you'll not render Imolites hopeless

Let me enjoy my Dubai tour ( in dream)

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by mytime24(f): 8:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
Imolite make una manage d gift general bubu give una llike dat grin

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
Audio smiles everywhere. Hope, watch your back cool

27 Likes

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by brunofarad(m): 8:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
IMO PEOPLE

Accept my heartfelt condolences
Redemption is very far
Cos

Rochas sef dey learn work where this guy dey.

19 Likes

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by Neimar: 8:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
Time to loot the state dry grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
There is no hope for imo state... the state is gone for..

In a civilized world... 97% of the crooks parading themselves as governor, senators and ministers would be chilling in prison.

But Nigeria would always be Nigeria

18 Likes

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by princeade86(m): 8:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
Wuruwuru governor

7 Likes

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by slivertongue: 8:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
Ole of man u

5 Likes

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by Zanotee: 9:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
The feeling is pulsating!

2 Likes

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by King2019(m): 9:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
No be small thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by Gkay1(m): 9:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
It seem this people don't use to tell each other the truth about what is going on in this country.
May God deliver us from the hands of bad governor.

1 Like

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by DesChyko: 9:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
2023 is a long wait.
Except our votes eventually don't count.
There's no other way to sustain this robbery.
embarassed
Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by tommykiwi(m): 9:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
He is now a Saint, all his Efcc cases are shifted to the corner. 9ja I hail oooo.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by Corpercorper: 9:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
The hope of the entire imolites finally restored!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by Patrioticman007(m): 9:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
What a moment of truth, The only South East Governor that was prophesied to be a Governor by a man of God, and the prophecy came to pass.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by iphonehobb: 9:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
This one go pain some people grin

2 Likes

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by Queenserah26(f): 9:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
Okay
Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by Amuluonyenaego: 9:02pm On Jan 23, 2020
APC is a scam

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by Karrima: 9:02pm On Jan 23, 2020
APC sef

1 Like

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by MartinCorridon: 9:03pm On Jan 23, 2020
grin

100 NL Igbos have left the chat...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by MXrap: 9:03pm On Jan 23, 2020
Uzodimma was an old time 419ner, okoroawusa killed Imo now Uzodimma will bury it. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by IME1: 9:03pm On Jan 23, 2020
Hope!
I don't get how he hangs his glasses
With all these meetings how far has Nigeria gone and fared?
Imo people know that the Supreme Court is final
I guess they just wanted to register in history that they loved Ihedioha
But I pray for their sakes Uzodimma does well
After all they are all Imolites undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by BillionPAGE(m): 9:05pm On Jan 23, 2020
New thief on the block

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Uzodinma Attends His First NEC Meeting by Banmeallday: 9:06pm On Jan 23, 2020
The Nigger Governors of the Nigger Area.

Shameless fools

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gbadebo Rhodes-vivour Cast His Vote / Troops Kill 2 Fleeing Boko Haram Terrorists In Pulka,Recover Ammunitions(pics) / Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.