Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

What If We Spent N1.7T On Power Like This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If We Spent N1.7T On Power Like This? (363 Views)

FG Spent N1.25trn On Debt Service In 5 Months / Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years / We Spent N2.75tn On Power, Roads In Two Years – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If We Spent N1.7T On Power Like This? by Sibrah: 7:32am On Jan 24, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5648241/el-rufai-power-sector-gulped-n1.7

Imagine the headline today about Nigeria spending N1.7T on power sector in 3 years reading a different thing like " 1.7 million homes to get N1m each ".

Imagine you have that 1 million naira in your pocket.

I could buy a good gen set and fuel it for 8 hours a day for 3 years. With 150k, I have my gen set. with N750/day of fuel, I can have my gen fueled for 6-8 hour. That comes to about 280k a year. 3 years of that is 840k.

OR

I could go green and get solar panels of N250k (1.5kw), batteries(8kw/hr) of 450k and finally get inverter and controller with another 150k.
This can give me solid 7 hours of power a day for 5 years when batteries alone may need changes. I stand to be corrected on the solar aspect, gurus in the house can shed more light on this.

With these options I can have light without one useless estimated bill system that gives darkness in exchange for huge bills and national budget.

What do brilliant Nairaland members think?

Cc: Lalasticlala, Seun.
Re: What If We Spent N1.7T On Power Like This? by Citytrend: 7:32am On Jan 24, 2020
Op look at how you murdered great thread with the 1 million each home article

Let's always criticize the government constructively. Because you never know how is reading
Re: What If We Spent N1.7T On Power Like This? by BitCraftman: 7:41am On Jan 24, 2020
How true is that solar power part? I will wait for what the knowledgeable guys have to say about it first.

If true, then we need to wake up In this nation. As for the generator option, pollution will be too much. I am only keen about the solar options.
Re: What If We Spent N1.7T On Power Like This? by BitCraftman: 7:43am On Jan 24, 2020
Citytrend:
Op look at how you murdered great thread with the 1 million each home article

He/she almost confused me too. thought it was a real life news.
Re: What If We Spent N1.7T On Power Like This? by GamalNasser: 8:03am On Jan 24, 2020
And you believe these chronic kleptomaniacs actually spent 1.7 trillion naira on power and they can show you single extra megawatts added? They looted the money through a dubious arrangement where they pay GENCOS for power DISCOs reject meaning they spent 1.7 trillion naira funding darkness for the DISCOs ..can you beat that

1 Like

Re: What If We Spent N1.7T On Power Like This? by helinues: 8:18am On Jan 24, 2020
IF

grin grin

1 Like

Re: What If We Spent N1.7T On Power Like This? by Kkings11: 8:19am On Jan 24, 2020
The money Nigeria have spent on power sector since independence is enough to build 4 dubais from scratch.
If we can get back Just 10% of that money it will be enough to pay every citizen a minimum wage of 50000 for 50yrs.
As an aspiring politician I hope to get to the top echelons someday and audit the country.
Re: What If We Spent N1.7T On Power Like This? by seniormallam(m): 8:28am On Jan 24, 2020
Just buy Mikano for every street and let be contributing money for diesel as bill.........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If We Spent N1.7T On Power Like This? by Mcuzy(m): 8:28am On Jan 24, 2020
Op two things is involved ; either you are a misbrain or you are not a Nigerian . If the government agree to your plan to give us all one million it will only be lip service ; they will only write that the money was shared to us and that's it , then they'll squander everything . You'll be wondering where you and the people around you were when they shared the money. #whereisabacha'sloot#

(1) (Reply)

$34.3m Fraud: ‘how We Arrested Fraudsters Using Aisha Buhari’s Name’ / Victim Of A Failed System A Story About 2 Great Nigerians / TRAGEDY: Boko Haram Kills 30 Travellers As Military Closes Maiduguri Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.