Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,486 members, 7,830,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Naomi Osaka Vs 'Coco' Gauff At Australian Open 2020 3rd Round - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Naomi Osaka Vs 'Coco' Gauff At Australian Open 2020 3rd Round (18528 Views)

Tyson Fury To Anthony Joshua: “if You Make It Pass 3rd Round I’ll Quit”(video) / US Open 2020: Djokovic Defaulted After Hitting Ball At Line Judge (video) / 15-year-old Coco Gauff Becomes Youngest To Win WTA Title In 42 Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naomi Osaka Vs 'Coco' Gauff At Australian Open 2020 3rd Round by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 2:13am On Jan 25, 2020
Seun:
How can the same player who thrashed Gauff under an inexperienced coach while struggling with knee problems, and defeated Andreescu and Barty with her father as her coach, lose to Coco Gauff in straight sets after hiring an experienced coach? I don't understand.
me sef no understand
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs 'Coco' Gauff At Australian Open 2020 3rd Round by raymi: 8:48am On Jan 25, 2020
It could be for a variety of reasons. Her opponent (Coco Gauff) may have undergone intense practice sessions and improved her game since the last meeting.

Also, in sports, on some days, you're just not on your 'A' game. It's unexplainable. It just happens. Anyone into sports can attest to this phenomenon. The human factor. The difference is the really great ones oftentimes find a way to win even on bad days through sheer will, experience, wits and whatnot. We just witnessed Serena (arguably the G.O.A.T in women's tennis in the open era) getting bounced out of the Aussie Open by a Chinese underdog who she trounced in straight sets (6-0, 6-1) in well under an hour last September in a major. Uncharacteristically, she made 56 unforced errors in her latest shocking defeat.

Indeed, it could be that Gauff now has understood Naomi's game better, having had the experience of playing her under the bright lights and has learnt from her past mistakes and prepared a solid game plan to thwart her opponent. That, my friend, is the beauty of sports.

Seun:
How can the same player who thrashed Gauff under an inexperienced coach while struggling with knee problems, and defeated Andreescu and Barty with her father as her coach, lose to Coco Gauff in straight sets after hiring an experienced coach? I don't understand.
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs 'Coco' Gauff At Australian Open 2020 3rd Round by emeijeh(m): 12:45pm On Jan 25, 2020
Seun:
WTA players have never been predictable in grandslams.
Rookies beat champs.
You of all people should know this.
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs 'Coco' Gauff At Australian Open 2020 3rd Round by alhajidembele: 1:30pm On Apr 05, 2020
Is to good to actually chat wih nairaland founder himself Seun(m)

1 Like

Re: Naomi Osaka Vs 'Coco' Gauff At Australian Open 2020 3rd Round by Parkman99(m): 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2020
Lie lie small girl wet dey learn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain / NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup / World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Egypt, Two Others In Friendlies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.