Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash (79188 Views)

Gianna Bryant & 3 Others Killed In Helicopter Crash With Kobe / Leicester Helicopter Crash: Faces Of All Victims On Board(More Photos) / Helicopter Crash: Leicester City Owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha And 4 Others Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by Ebbunwa(m): 8:40pm On Jan 26, 2020
May the soul of this Wonderful sportsman rest in peace.

Kobe was traveling with at least 3 other people in his private helicopter when it went down. A fire broke out. Emergency personnel responded, but nobody on board survived. 5 people are confirmed dead. We're told Vanessa Bryant was not among those on board.

The cause of the crash is under investigation.

Kobe has famously used a helicopter to travel for years -- dating back to when he played for the Lakers. He was known for commuting from Newport Beach, CA to the STAPLES Center in DTLA in his Sikorsky S-76 chopper.

KB is survived by his wife Vanessa, and their four daughters -- Gianna, Natalia and Bianca and their newborn Capri.

Kobe has recently been spotted out at NBA games with his daughter Gianna -- a rising star basketball player herself. Their youngest daughter, Capri, was just born in June 2019.

Kobe is widely considered one of the greatest NBA players of all time -- making 18 All-Star teams during his 20 year career with the Lakers. He was a first-round pick in the 1996 draft, winning 5 NBA championships, 2 NBA Finals MVPs and he was the league MVP in '08.

The Lakers famously retired both of Kobe's jerseys, number 8 and 24 ... the only player in team history to receive that honor.

Kobe's accomplishments stand far outside of the basketball world. He won an Oscar for his short film, "Dear Basketball," in 2018.

https://amp.tmz.com/2020/01/26/kobe-bryant-killed-dead-helicopter-crash-in-calabasas/?__twitter_impression=true

3 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2020
Godforbid! It is untrue.. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2020
This is so sad.
We hope this is not true!
Details coming shortly........
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_Bryant
https://sports.yahoo.com/reports-kobe-bryant-killed-in-helicopter-crash-in-calabasas-194537553.html

DAMN IT!
BREAKING NEWS!

We just CONFIRMED it.
He died in a plane crash some 45 mins ago!

Reports: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash in Calabasas

Kobe Bryant was killed in a helicopter crash
Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash in Calabasas Sunday morning, ABC 7 in Los Angeles confirms.
TMZ first reported the news.

Bryant played his entire 20-year career for the Los Angeles Lakers and won five NBA championships. He was named Finals MVP twice. Bryant was 41.

The Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department responded to reports of a helicopter that crashed into a hillside and caught fire, NBC Los Angeles reported. The crash was called in at 9:47 a.m. local time, per the report, and flames that spread a quarter acre were put out by 10:30. The fire department reported no survivors.

RIP KOBE!!

May God give his wife and his four beautiful daughters the fortitude to bear this great loss.
The baby of the house is only just 7 months old!
Sad Sad Sad!!
Close to tears right now..... cry cry
cry cry

klever18:
4 daughters were in the plane
Please.......STOP!

Unfortunately, reports just reaching us says his 13 year old daughter was on the plane with him shocked cry cry

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by PrinxArthur1(m): 8:46pm On Jan 26, 2020
Jesus,I wish this event happened to one boko haram commander in Sambisa forest!!!!

158 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by Maxymilliano(m): 8:50pm On Jan 26, 2020
NBA legend Kobe Bryant has died in a helicopter crash aged just 41.

According to TMZ, the LA Lakers icon was travelling with three others in a private aircraft when it came down in Calabasas near LA, California, US.

It is understood up to FIVE people have died in the crash, with nobody on board surviving.

An investigation into the incident – which happened on Sunday morning – is underway.

According to reports, the helicopter went up in a ball of fire after hitting the ground.

He is survived by his wife Vanessa and their three daughters, who are thought to have not been on board.
Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by confistified(m): 8:54pm On Jan 26, 2020
Black Sunday.... Kobe Bryant made me love basketball... He and his daughter with 3 other people died in that crash.... RIP My G.O.AT.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:56pm On Jan 26, 2020
Tragic cry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by Pidginwhisper: 8:56pm On Jan 26, 2020
Got a pop up from OperaNews. I had to rush here to be sure. RIP KB, you’ll be greatly missed my BB fans Worldwide. cry

23 Likes

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by iheartellah(m): 8:56pm On Jan 26, 2020
God no! cry

3 Likes

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by espn(m): 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
RIP..
DEATH Will knock without prior notice...

15 Likes

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by WowSweetGuy(m): 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
Ahhhh shocked

China will shut down...The way they love this nigga over there

108 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by philip0906(m): 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
Sh1t!! This is the craziest news comimg out of the year. Sad, to see one of Basketball's greats leaving the world so early. Crazy news!!

My phobia for flying though. I still haven't gotten used to flying till date. The thoughts of hanging in the skies with no where to go to in the advent of a crash, scares me stiff.

I hope his family will be able to bear this very sad loss....This is a tragedy!!!

58 Likes

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by MISTAICEY02288(m): 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
Jeez! This life sha.. Who could have even thought Kobe is dying in the nearest future? Really tragic news.. This news will definitely shake the entire NBA.. May his soul Rest in Perfect Peace.. cry

23 Likes

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
God!

Damn!

5 Likes

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by Gwagone: 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
WTF

2 Likes

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by daddytime(m): 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
Jeeezz

After just congratulating King James for breaking his record?

What a life?

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by temptnow: 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
What??!!
Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Tell me this is not true!!!!!!!

18 Likes

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by Dpharisee: 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
Oh my God, Khobe Bryant was an enigma, competing with Michael Jordan for best dunks cry

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by Namdeenero(m): 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by LosC: 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
No no.. This can't be

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by Ebuka478(m): 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
RIP GOAT cry

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by Kharol1234: 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
sad hope its not real

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by glowingflame7: 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
Wow. It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by Openbusiness: 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
Whaaaaaatttt shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by SouthSouth1914: 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2020
This is a sad day for the basketball world and beyond. Thanks for the good times!!

6 Likes

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2020
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by Cocolatti(m): 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2020
WTF
May His soul R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2020
Jesus in his own private helicopter wdf
The poor strives to own it, the rich is dieing of it. Life is so uncertain.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash by Odani: 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2020
Oh my God why

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Meet The World's Most Muscular Woman (pics) / Ryan Crowley Tears Chest Muscle From Bone During Exercise (Disturbing Video) / Jim Beglin Reacts To Nigerian Loss To Croatia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.