Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,319 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors (49666 Views)

Governor Akeredolu Receives Southwest Governors (PHOTOS) / Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass / Afenifere: Why SouthWest Governors Are Scared Of Taking Actions Against Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by spinna: 5:52pm On Jan 27, 2020
This man is very devilish trying to divide yoruba muslims and christians..who said Amotekun is Christian concept? because of one verse from the Bible. May God silence this evil man that seeks to divide the Yorubas. E ma da eni yi lohun o..ota gbogbo wa leni yi

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by adecz: 5:52pm On Jan 27, 2020
How many northern Christians
are in Hisbah or Sharia police? sad
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by Iamgrey5(m): 5:55pm On Jan 27, 2020

Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by Sterope(f): 5:55pm On Jan 27, 2020
Gow would he know Churches dont issue birth certificates and that is by the way.

Not a fan of Muric but they have got it right just this once.That is not the point. The point is that the requirement for birth certificates should be all inclusive. The requirements states that people without birth certificate from the church or the hospital or the LG are not included. It is a simple error that should be remedied asap.

I know where I stand and it has nothing to do with religion.

delpee:

Churches don't issue birth certificates.
Many of the leaders of Agbekoya, OPC, Vigilantes and hunters who will form a core part of Amotekun are Muslims. Some of them have come out to speak against him on BBC Yoruba and Alaroye, a Yoruba newspaper.

This tantrums will lead nowhere. He's here in relatively safe Lagos. Those in other States know what they're going through and have decided on a solution. Profs organisation can siddon look if they're not ready to help the people secure their environment.
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 27, 2020
Nnamdi Kanu predicted it that the Fulani jihadists will try to use Islam to cause confusion in this Amotekun.

It's just a common sense if you know how the Sokoto caliphate works.

How is Leopard a Christian name?
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by Princewell2012(m): 5:56pm On Jan 27, 2020
JAWBONE:
Somebody should investigate how Ishaq Oloyede acquired his professorship. I can't believe an educated individual will make such foolish statement.

Amotekun is Christianly because it is mentioned in the Bible? A word that anybody can use. Is it that this man just sits down and think about ways to cause trouble or create divisions where there is none.So If a word is used in the Quran, then it is Islamic? Good heavens!!! This man must have a secret agenda he is pursuing with his MURIC group. Always playing the victim card when we know muslims in Nigeria are well positioned everywhere you go.

The public must be very observant of this bigoted mischief maker

My brother this is very pathetic. Imaging a whole professor. Nigerian army also used a code name. Python dance which also is a snake. So was snake not mentioned in the Bible? I think some people might be using him to devide the southwest. There is no smoke without a fire.p

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by Cantonese: 5:56pm On Jan 27, 2020
How on earth is Muric quoting the bible? As a Christian can you quote the Quran and not end up having issues?

By the way, I thought they've always waged wars against Christians. What are their eyes doing inside the Bible? And their hearts thinking about the bible?

Na waoh.
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by Rolex66: 5:59pm On Jan 27, 2020
How can a Professor be so irredeemably useless.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by Empiree: 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2020
0monnak0da:

Published by WHOM?
Ask Google
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by delpee(f): 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2020
Sterope:
Gow would he know Churches dont issue birth certificates and that is by the way.

Not a fan of Muric but they have got it right just this once.That is not the point. The point is that the requirement for birth certificates should be all inclusive. The requirements states that people without birth certificate from the church or the hospital or the LG are not included. It is a simple error that should be remedied asap.

Even Mosques don't issue birth certificates to the best of my knowledge. Anytime a birth certificate is required for any reason, we know that many people who have none simply present sworn affidavits which are accepted under the law.
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by 0monnak0da: 6:02pm On Jan 27, 2020
Empiree:
Ask Google
Where?
When?
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by persius555(m): 6:05pm On Jan 27, 2020
This guy is trying so hard to divide the Yoruba race along deep religious line. The South West must be very wary of this guy.
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by 0monnak0da: 6:05pm On Jan 27, 2020
Sterope:

You are spreading and propagating LIES

When and where was such a requirement published and by whom
Was there an advertisement in any newspaper?
Who signed it?

Please stop spreading falsehood

I want to believe you went to school

When you make claims on statements of fact you must be prepared to substantiate them?

WHO PUBLISHED A REQUIREMENT FOR BIRTH CERTIFICATES?

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by Empiree: 6:06pm On Jan 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Stop running around like a headless chicken

Where did the said recruitment take place that the main requirement was birth certificate from a church?

There's no recruitment exercise into Amotekun in any state till date, None!

And how many churches in Nigeria issue birth certificate to begin with?

Isn't it the job of local and federal government to issue birth certificate again?
look at this mumu. I don't think you know what's going on in Nigeria. Looks like you live in the village. You don't know churches issue birth certificate?.

And those guys in Amotekun, how and where did they hire them before Amotekun was made public?. How they did managed to get vehicles and painted logos etc before they made it public?. Where is the funding coming from?. Those guys in security outfit are already hired before announcement of Amotekun without public knowledge needless to say informing muslims.

Guy, use your brain before you post
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by Lomowu93: 6:07pm On Jan 27, 2020
This is not a running of mouth, it is the truth that must be told, the association is not the only one that release this kind of information, but the problem with those Christans is that, they will not say the truth when they are favor by any government project and they are not raedy to listen to it. And the fact is this, the Muslims are not fool is just that they have guildeline to follow when handle any issue.
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by supereagle(m): 6:07pm On Jan 27, 2020
“Why ‘Amotekun’ as a name for crying out loud? Research has revealed the biblical origin of this name and it makes Muslims suspicious. Why Amotekun of all brands?

“Jeremiah 5:6 says, ‘A leopard shall guard over their city’. Amotekun is mentioned in this verse with particular reference to guarding a city.
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by Empiree: 6:08pm On Jan 27, 2020
0monnak0da:

Where?
When?
you don't have Google on your phone?. If you don't, then ask Amotekun guys. They already hired some guys before Amotekun was declared operational.
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by muykem: 6:09pm On Jan 27, 2020
Where is Alafin and Ooni. They should call this man to order before he succeed plant seed of discord in south west. Bisi Akande has finished his tenure as our governor before I know that he is a Muslim because it's does matter.
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by DanZubair(m): 6:09pm On Jan 27, 2020
Please can someone in the house tell us the meaning of the name "Amotekun" and its context in yoruba language because I don't believe what this political imam is throwing. Why I am saying this is because in Hausaland we have them in abundance. He has been tutored obviously.
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by Guestlander: 6:09pm On Jan 27, 2020
Empiree:
shut up. That's what was first published. Why would you most MURIC if his agitation was based on alleged church certificate?. It was published that applicants must obtain certificate and letter from church

Published by whom you m.oron?

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by Osidazz19: 6:10pm On Jan 27, 2020
Amotekun should arrest any criminal in the SW. They cannot be seen as looking for Fulani herdsmen alone.
I'm 100 percent sure that if they arrest 100 random criminals in any major Yoruba city, less than 2 percent will be Fulanis.
More than 95 percent will be Igbos and Yorubas.
In fact the Igbos will soon turn against thie Amotekun idea the moment they realize that apart from the Yorubas, they are the majority of those arrested. Just watch and see how this will unfold soon.
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by Takara: 6:10pm On Jan 27, 2020
adecz:

How many northern Christians
are in Hisbah or Sharia police? sad
So Amotekun is supposed to be the Christian response to Hisbah? Yo have vindicated MURIC
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by 0monnak0da: 6:11pm On Jan 27, 2020
Empiree:
look at this mumu. I don't think you know what's going on in Nigeria. Looks like you live in the village. You don't know churches issue birth certificate?.

And those guys in Amotekun, how and where did they hire them before Amotekun was made public?. How they did managed to get vehicles and painted logos etc before they made it public?. Where is the funding coming from?. Those guys in security outfit are already hired before announcement of Amotekun without public knowledge needless to say informing muslims.

You are the one that needs to use your brain? Stop spreading lies.
There is no requirement anywhere for church issued birth certificates

If there is provide evidence
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by Osidazz19: 6:11pm On Jan 27, 2020
[[s]quote author=Tomide007 post=86149670]This organization has no relevance even among southwest Muslims that I know....I think they're sponsored by elements outside the SW to bring disunity to the region.[/quote][/s]

Rubbish, they speak for the Muslims in the SW. Just like the CAN speaks for Christians.
What the man said makes more sense than most here can comprehend.
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by Princewell2012(m): 6:12pm On Jan 27, 2020
0monnak0da:

Who asked them to bring birth certificates from churches?
You saw the requirement where?

God bless you. He should give us the details. Honestly there is nothing like that he is just trying to bring division.
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by benji93: 6:14pm On Jan 27, 2020
Actually, i won't lie to you. A large number if not most of the "Muslims" are "Traditional-Muslim" grin. You can call it syncretism. After kewu, na to go "te ifa" grin
Trump2020:

I am in Lagos and I know what I am saying though there are a lot of moderate Yoruba Moslems
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by farem: 6:16pm On Jan 27, 2020
crownwealth:
Mad cow

Mad idiots!
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by Simbrixton(m): 6:16pm On Jan 27, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Him and like others are slavles to the caliphate.

Infact all are slaves to the caliphate

West have to be submissive to the caliphate
ode u wey no be slave, asides abusing west on social media, which is what fulani wants what have igbos really done in nigeria? bros igbos are fulanis biggest slaves asides bragging around yoobas u guys havent done jak pls dont mention me again am not one of dose smallies dat does all dese bigotry shit u littles feel makes u sound cool
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by 0monnak0da: 6:17pm On Jan 27, 2020
Empiree:
you don't have Google on your phone?. If you don't, then ask Amotekun guys. They already hired some guys before Amotekun was declared operational.
You are foolish
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by Empiree: 6:17pm On Jan 27, 2020
0monnak0da:

You are the one that needs to use your brain? Stop spreading lies.
There is no requirement anywhere for church issued birth certificates

If there is provide evidence
guy, didn't you see Amotekun fliers that was first published when the whole saga started?. Who are you acting like a kid from village?
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by Empiree: 6:18pm On Jan 27, 2020
0monnak0da:

You are foolish
I don't think I called you name before. Why vex nau?
Re: Amotekun: MURIC Sends Message To Southwest Governors by Iamgrey5(m): 6:19pm On Jan 27, 2020
Empiree:

Stop bleeting like a goat

Who are the guys that hired those guys in security uniform? Your brothers or sisters?

The people that attended the launching in Ibadan of which I had opportunity to witness myself were Opc and Agbekoya members majority of whom are Muslims.

They are still waiting for the entry requirement needed to be able to apply formally.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Seven Shot As Another Police Station Is Razed In Lagos / IGP Baba Declares War On IPOB, Unknown Gunmen In South-East: 'Kill Them All' / Buratai Removed Top Army Officers From NSA Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.