Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,858 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. (51136 Views)

Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning / 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt / Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by 9jaRealist: 3:18am On Jan 28, 2020
Orjitex15:
God bless president Mohammedu Buhari.
Switch07:
I don't like Buhari administration......but for these he has done well
Yusman316:
Just imagine if previous administrations since 1999, have started and sustained such infrastructural development projects instead of just sharing money where we will be by now, in terms of development
Ustec:
I want to see how PDP will comeback in 2023 and stop all this projects.
Them go hear wieenn from the wailers FC
emmanuelpopson:
if this is the only achievement of the present govt. its okay to say they tried..
jaykay68:
Wao, this is a beauty to behold, weldone Rotimi Ameachi
wellmax:
God bless President Buhari

Sorry, but credit does NOT belong to this government - alone....

The 25-Year Rail Development Masterplan was the brainchild of the Obasanjo administration...
While the initial financing (loans) were secured and contracts were awarded by the Jonathan administration.

This is an apt epitome of government being a CONTINUUM...
Even the Itakpe-Ajaokuta line was conceived and construction begun under the Shagari and IBB administrations.

>
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by 9jaRealist: 3:20am On Jan 28, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
God bless the good citizens (optimists)
God bless president Muhammadu Buhari
God bless Nigeria
And may God change the heart of the wailers to wail no more but support this good initiative of PMB.
We'll get there soon
NO TO PDP AGAIN

The 25-Year Rail Development Masterplan was the brainchild of the Obasanjo administration...
While the initial financing (loans) were secured and contracts were awarded by the Jonathan administration.

Even the Itakpe-Ajaokuta line was conceived and construction begun under the Shagari and IBB administrations.
>
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by ThatFairGuy: 3:36am On Jan 28, 2020
But PMB is making it a REALITY.
God bless him for us
9jaRealist:

>
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by wman(m): 3:40am On Jan 28, 2020
How many people can these trains transport daily from Lagos to Ibadan?

How will they protect the system from Hooligans?

It's mostly those that want to travel that will use it.

That idea of staying in Ibadan and working in Lagos is farfetched.
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by Nobody: 4:44am On Jan 28, 2020
vincentjk:
They're building the railway lines to help the igbos transport their goods easier grin

If, as I suspect, you are a youth, how much hope does the future have, if this tribalist nonsense is your default setting?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by 9jaRealist: 4:49am On Jan 28, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
But PMB is making it a REALITY.
God bless him for us

Yes, he deserves SOME of the credit (not all of it)...
So if God is blessing anyone, it should be ALL of them.
>
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by Ustec: 5:40am On Jan 28, 2020
9jaRealist:

>
25 years old paper work audio plan,
Master plan and financing should not be more than three years if they were actually serious about the actualization of the projects.

1 Like

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by DaBullIT(m): 6:00am On Jan 28, 2020
Thanks , thanks a lot
Realtalk20:

Awesome comment bro

This spectacular indeed
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by DaBullIT(m): 6:04am On Jan 28, 2020
If you haven't walked a mile in someone's shoe don't ridicule their outlook

So many policies this minister of darkness has introduced , Most of the power companies refused to adhere, if he were to shut down those power companies, i am sure you'll come out here to rant even more

If i know nothing at all , i know Fashola told nigerians that prepaid meters has been subsidized by FG and it should be free to Nigerians , did those power companies adhere ?? NO

I know when Fashola said nobody should pay bill for light they didn't use / unread meters / estimated bills , tell me you haven't paid that in a year ?

The withdrawal of licences from some power firms, who do you think made that happen ??

smh
Youthleader22:

He’s actually the only achieving things compared to other ministers. I wished that useless minister of darkness Fashola could achieve at least only half of what Amechi is doing.

1 Like

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by DaBullIT(m): 6:12am On Jan 28, 2020
We should also thank the people who had the concept for the project but didn't fund it , Just like we should thank people who built 2nd Niger bridge on cardboard '

He who achieves it deserves the credit and glory

9jaRealist:

>

1 Like

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by Nobody: 6:17am On Jan 28, 2020
post=86161768:

Why not STFU If you have nothing reasonable to contribute to such a good and positive news like this!
Suya boy too is talking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by Ikpongiton: 6:26am On Jan 28, 2020
theenchanter:
* Papalanto and Agege station (design 1& 2)

* inside one of the coaches (Economy class, 3rd pic and First class, 4th pic)

Note: A wagon plant is being built in Papalanto, Ogun state. Mr. Rotimi Ameachi have this to say about it..

We agreed with the Chinese that they will build a Wagon Assembly Plant in #Nigeria. Will start off assembling wagons. 5 years after, will start manufacturing wagons & assembling locomotives & coaches; 10 years later, will start manuf. locos & coaches.

Lalasticlala, mynd44
liars will go to hell
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by Cmeo(m): 6:31am On Jan 28, 2020
Good development
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 28, 2020
Not bad at all. Quite impressive.

1 Like

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by neweraomo: 6:59am On Jan 28, 2020
wellmax:

Not everything is as miserable as your life
not as miserable as your life cabron..you can't be thinking just because your life is miserable so other people life will be ,you know I'm saying the truth, Nigeria is a failed country mark my words idiot

1 Like

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by slowice(m): 7:15am On Jan 28, 2020
What about nrc? I desire for us to ve rail lines criss-cross the entire country especially viable routes, to enable free flow of goods and people. But we must be smart about it and get the best deal from the Chinese... I fear who no fear china
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 28, 2020
sulaak:
Seriously, do we need Chinese companies to build railways lines and rail stations? I can understand the importation of Chinese locomotives, but rail construction is basic civil engineering.

We should be ashamed that 60 years after independent, we can't operate refineries, steel plants or operate and maintain our roads and rail networks.
problem isn't if we can make it or not It's about we trusting the efficiency of the rail line .. no one would want to board a train and something happens along the way
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by Amy1luv: 7:45am On Jan 28, 2020
Beautiful!!! I just hope the fare is affordable. Not when we be booking or purchasing tickets and its unaffordable or we hear system downtime. Can't imagine 10 or less persons boarding it alone cus of the fare.
But still I cant get over the idea that Lagos to Ibadan would be an hr or less journey ��.. At least some mothers would have peace of mind when their children travel to and fro for studies esp. Sign!�
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by mapet: 7:50am On Jan 28, 2020
crownwealth:
Promise and fail gonment

"gonment"?

An advice, just type Igbo..... we will live with that..
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by mapet: 7:58am On Jan 28, 2020
AreaFada2:

Like people are blaming GEJ now that he did too much in the North and too little in the South.
Before May 2015 Amaechi denied that GEJ did any trainline in SE/SS. Even though the line passed almost the backyard of Amaechi.

Amaechi only admitted after he became Minister. Claiming he didn't know before. He was now commissioning train just month after becoming minister, the work of GEJ.

He will reap what he sewed.

Pls, what rail lines did GEJ build that passed behind Ameachi's backyard ?

1 Like

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by AreaFada2: 8:09am On Jan 28, 2020
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by AreaFada2: 8:13am On Jan 28, 2020
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by AreaFada2: 8:14am On Jan 28, 2020
mapet:

The renovated tracks from Enugu to PH. Abandoned for 30 years. VP Sambo commissioned the trains in December 2014.

A Nairalander even used the train and posted the video clip here.

Of course anti GEJ people decided to be blind to anything good. Some even said he never built hundreds of almajiri schools or Fed universities. We have heard it all.
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by AreaFada2: 8:16am On Jan 28, 2020
mapet:

"gonment"?

Gonment is Pidgin. Go to BBC Pidgin website, you will see it there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by erico2k2(m): 8:40am On Jan 28, 2020
DaBullIT:
Well, even if it's not 100% , i am proud of what this government especially Minister of transport is achieving so far

This administration is probably not going to take the glory for this beauty , but it will forever be in the history books , the investment alone is making some engineers very rich , transport / shipping companies are getting richer , the ones who complain all the time are idiots who sit behind computer all day just to complain

Nigeria will be great again , but it will have to start somewhere and THIS IS SOMEWHERE !!!!

And U have to bring politics into this.was it not the likes of you who branded this same coaches as old and outdated when it was brought in 6 years ago?.I would be more happier when I can board a train from Benin to Lagos not this Ibadan lagos craaap that has turned cash cow!
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by crownwealth: 8:43am On Jan 28, 2020
mapet:

"gonment"?

Ask Buharin to pronounce “Government” and listen attentively.

1 Like

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by erico2k2(m): 8:47am On Jan 28, 2020
mapet:

Are U seriousthe ine Ameachi said he never knew existed even though it's less that 500 feet from his office?
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by erico2k2(m): 8:51am On Jan 28, 2020
DaBullIT:
If you haven't walked a mile in someone's shoe don't ridicule their outlook

So many policies this minister of darkness has introduced , Most of the power companies refused to adhere, if he were to shut down those power companies, i am sure you'll come out here to rant even more

If i know nothing at all , i know Fashola told nigerians that prepaid meters has been subsidized by FG and it should be free to Nigerians , did those power companies adhere ?? NO

I know when Fashola said nobody should pay bill for light they didn't use / unread meters / estimated bills , tell me you haven't paid that in a year ?

The withdrawal of licences from some power firms, who do you think made that happen ??

smh
This is to tell you all those policies where Audio polices.
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by mapet: 8:52am On Jan 28, 2020
erico2k2:

Are U seriousthe ine Ameachi said he never knew existed even though it's less that 500 feet from his office?

Simple question. Which one?

1 Like

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by theenchanter: 8:53am On Jan 28, 2020
crownwealth:

mad oh.. grin
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by mapet: 8:54am On Jan 28, 2020
crownwealth:

That's if I know who "Buharin" is. Leave "Buharin" (whoever the F**k that is) Type in Igbo, you are "murdering" English with reckless abandon here.
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by mapet: 8:55am On Jan 28, 2020
AreaFada2:

Gonment is Pidgin. Go to BBC Pidgin website, you will see it there.

....and the guy told you he's communicating in pidgin?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hilarious Warning Sign At A Zoo In Abeokuta (photo) / Car Falls Into River, Lady Survives, Many Dead (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.