Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. (51140 Views)

Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning / 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt / Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by neweraomo: 2:40pm On Jan 28, 2020
wellmax:

Your life is miserable dude. You see no good and no good sees you. Seek healing maybe peace can visit you.

Mark your life, your words needs no marking.

Seek heling, seek happiness.
miserable dude,no doubt I can see you have a miserable life now and I will never reply you again cos you don't worth my time ....only miserable person will think someone's life is miserable,bye with your miserable...if you mention me again,may everything that gives you Joy turn to sadness oloriburuku
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by Caustic001: 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2020
got to love the chinese!
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by wellmax(m): 3:12pm On Jan 28, 2020
neweraomo:
miserable dude,no doubt I can see you have a miserable life now and I will never reply you again cos you don't worth my time ....only miserable person will think someone's life is miserable,bye with your miserable...if you mention me again,may everything that gives you Joy turn to sadness oloriburuku

Just look at....
Miserable inside and out. Get out
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by frog12: 5:40pm On Jan 28, 2020
don't worry sooner or later nigerians will start to put rubbish and trade on the tracks. dont forget open defecation as an hobby!!!
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by Futureyahooboi(m): 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2020
This project don pass THE COMING OF JESUS CHRIST O! Na only pictures we they see

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by erico2k2(m): 7:58pm On Jan 28, 2020
DaBullIT:

Apparently you can't read either, I saud mumu not your mum

I don't go that far unless you start it, read my reply again
It was meant t to be mumu not mum.
Anyways I cant be assed with such level of disrespect.
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by 9jaRealist: 1:25am On Jan 29, 2020
Ustec:
25 years old paper work audio plan,
Master plan and financing should not be more than three years if they were actually serious about the actualization of the projects.
ThatFairGuy:
But PMB is making it a REALITY.
God bless him for us
DaBullIT:
We should also thank the people who had the concept for the project but didn't fund it , Just like we should thank people who built 2nd Niger bridge on cardboard '

He who achieves it deserves the credit and glory
wellmax:
Give credit to the one who took it upon himself to ACT. With limited funds, he started capital intensive projects. He did not just plan on paper. He started work and is seeing it to completion.

Commend PMB

You have to have something to "act" upon...
That's why I said PMB cannot get all of the credit ALONE.

Btw, he did NOT "start" work on the project...
Jonathan started work on the Abuja-Kaduna part of this Lagos-Kano line.

PS: Taking loans is not exactly rocket science....
But of course the initial loans were secured by the Jonathan administration.
>
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by 9jaRealist: 2:08am On Jan 29, 2020
Ustec:
25 years old paper work audio plan,
Master plan and financing should not be more than three years if they were actually serious about the actualization of the projects.

But financing and worked started under the Jonathan administration...

Nigeria conceived, planned and begun embarking upon Africa's biggest and most ambitious rail development and modernization project under the Obasanjo and Jonathan administrations, covering every region of this vast nation with modern standard-gauge double-track rail lines running into several hundreds of kilometers, and thus the projected lifespan of the project was/is not unrealistic.

The first phase of the Lagos to Kano line of the project, which is the Abuja to Kaduna portion, was started and financed by the Jonathan administration. What the Buhari administration has done in its 5 years thus far has been to complete the Abuja-Kaduna portion and embark upon the Lagos-Ibadan portion, which it hopes to complete this year (the Minister Amaechi has already said that April is not feasible for completion).

At the rate these projects are proceeding (even under the Buhari administration that has publicly accorded it priority), MOST of the rail development masterplan will still be UNCOMPLETED. These include the Ibadan-ilorin portion, the Ilorin-Minna portion, the Minna-Abuja portion, the Kaduna-Kano portion, and of course the Coastal Line (Lagos-Calabar, running through the Niger Delta ) as well as the single track spurs to state capitals. If a subsequent administration(s) complete these phases , wouldn't it be silly for someone to argue PMB deserves NO credit .
>
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by Ustec: 8:44am On Jan 29, 2020
9jaRealist:

But financing and worked started under the Jonathan administration...

Nigeria conceived, planned and begun embarking upon Africa's biggest and most ambitious rail development and modernization project under the Obasanjo and Jonathan administrations, covering every region of this vast nation with modern standard-gauge double-track rail lines running into several hundreds of kilometers, and thus the projected lifespan of the project was/is not unrealistic.

The first phase of the Lagos to Kano line of the project, which is the Abuja to Kaduna portion, was started and financed by the Jonathan administration. What the Buhari administration has done in its 5 years thus far has been to complete the Abuja-Kaduna portion and embark upon the Lagos-Ibadan portion, which it hopes to complete this year (the Minister Amaechi has already said that April is not feasible for completion).

At the rate these projects are proceeding (even under the Buhari administration that has publicly accorded it priority), MOST of the rail development masterplan will still be UNCOMPLETED. These include the Ibadan-ilorin portion, the Ilorin-Minna portion, the Minna-Abuja portion, the Kaduna-Kano portion, and of course the Coastal Line (Lagos-Calabar, running through the Niger Delta ) as well as the single track spurs to state capitals. If a subsequent administration(s) complete these phases , wouldn't it be silly for someone to argue PMB deserves NO credit .
>
I understand your points sir,
But what I'm saying is that PDP have a way of delaying most projects just to siphon funds,which sometimes leads to the abandonment of the projects.
Buhari has been probing OBJ for the $16 billion power project yet nothing came out from OBJ.
I can boldly tell you that if Atiku had been in power now, all this projects will only be use as a means to embezzle money,
Look at lagos-ibadan road project for how many years,they were just using the project to siphon money.
I believed APC will perform much better in terms infrastructures if given the chance to stay for another 8years
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by sulaak(m): 9:29am On Jan 29, 2020
Sonnyboom:
I am more ashamed fmof you after scrolling through your post. u never made the same observations during the length n breath of 16 years of pdp. People like you will be stoned to death if I was the president.

I GUESS IN YOUR LITTLE BRAIN OPPOSITION TO BUHARI INDICATES SUPPORT FOR PDP.

Hero worshipping has turned Nigerian into idiots.
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by sulaak(m): 2:05am On Feb 01, 2020
biGDhAp:
problem isn't if we can make it or not It's about we trusting the efficiency of the rail line .. no one would want to board a train and something happens along the way

We use Molue buses assembled by Nigerian. The house we live in are built by Nigerian
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by Horus(m): 11:34pm On Nov 25, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Fm7x4NpR0

Lagos Ibadan Railway Project

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hilarious Warning Sign At A Zoo In Abeokuta (photo) / Car Falls Into River, Lady Survives, Many Dead (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.