Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. (51141 Views)

Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning / 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt / Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by mapet: 9:00am On Jan 28, 2020
AreaFada2:

The renovated tracks from Enugu to PH. Abandoned for 30 years. VP Sambo commissioned the trains in December 2014.

A Nairalander even used the train and posted the video clip here.

Of course anti GEJ people decided to be blind to anything good. Some even said he never built hundreds of almajiri schools or Fed universities. We have heard it all.

So it is the "renovated tracks"? grin
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by AreaFada2: 9:11am On Jan 28, 2020
mapet:

....and the guy told you he's communicating in pidgin?

Dude, common sense. Unless you want to prove oversabi.

In my experience, Westerners/oyinbo with 5 to 6 degrees, including 2 to 3 PhDs are not hung up with grammar. They focus on communication. So their students get good grades and excel. In 9ja where our own focus on grammar we cannot make any innovations.

This is not a classroom but a place to communicate.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by Wizikal(m): 9:12am On Jan 28, 2020
On point
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by AreaFada2: 9:16am On Jan 28, 2020
mapet:

So it is the "renovated tracks"? grin

Common sense doesn't tell you that resuscitating of long abandoned tracks was the first phase? Lines that already connected high population centres long ago? Including Lagos to Kano and Enugu to PH?

I guess playing politics didn't allow you to see GEJ master plan and the phases. You probably also don't know the difference between the old type of tracks and modern standard gauge that was used.

Fact is trains began to work again in Nigeria under GEJ. After 30 years. Anything after is continuation of GEJ project. Buhari will only get kudos for how well he continued it after 8 years in office.
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by crownwealth: 9:19am On Jan 28, 2020
[s]
mapet:

That's if I know who "Buharin" is. Leave "Buharin" (whoever the F**k that is) Type in Igbo, you are "murdering" English with reckless abandon here.
[/s]

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by abeggnow: 9:35am On Jan 28, 2020
DaBullIT:
Well, even if it's not 100% , i am proud of what this government especially Minister of transport is achieving so far

This administration is probably not going to take the glory for this beauty , but it will forever be in the history books , the investment alone is making some engineers very rich , transport / shipping companies are getting richer , the ones who complain all the time are idiots who sit behind computer all day just to complain

Nigeria will be great again , but it will have to start somewhere and THIS IS SOMEWHERE !!!!

You hqv spoken like a true patriot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by DaBullIT(m): 9:41am On Jan 28, 2020
erico2k2:

This is to tell you all those policies where Audio polices.

He's the one that'll audit and enforce the policies on private business?

Very sensible backwards
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by mapet: 9:42am On Jan 28, 2020
AreaFada2:

Common sense doesn't tell you that resuscitating of long abandoned tracks was the first phase? Lines that already connected high population centres long ago? Including Lagos to Kano and Enugu to PH?

I guess playing politics didn't allow you to see GEJ master plan and the phases. You probably also don't know the difference between the old type of tracks and modern standard gauge that was used.

Fact is trains began to work again in Nigeria under GEJ. After 30 years. Anything after is continuation of GEJ project. Buhari will only get kudos for how well he continued it after 8 years in office.

Breathe....

are ok now?
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by mapet: 9:43am On Jan 28, 2020
AreaFada2:
make any innivation.

Dude, common sense. Unless you want to prove oversabi.

In my experience, Westerners/oyinbo with 5 to 6 degrees, including 2 to 3 PhDs are not hung up with grammar. They focus on communication. So their students get good grades and excel. In 9ja where our own focus on grammar we cannot make any innovations.

This is not a classroom but a place to communicate.

Really ?
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by isnovic(m): 9:56am On Jan 28, 2020
This is good project and design is modern.
#upvote
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by Youthleader22(m): 10:20am On Jan 28, 2020
DaBullIT:
If you haven't walked a mile in someone's shoe don't ridicule their outlook

So many policies this minister of darkness has introduced , Most of the power companies refused to adhere, if he were to shut down those power companies, i am sure you'll come out here to rant even more

If i know nothing at all , i know Fashola told nigerians that prepaid meters has been subsidized by FG and it should be free to Nigerians , did those power companies adhere ?? NO

I know when Fashola said nobody should pay bill for light they didn't use / unread meters / estimated bills , tell me you haven't paid that in a year ?

The withdrawal of licences from some power firms, who do you think made that happen ??

smh

So your stupid argument is that when it comes to power Nigerians are on their own? So why the hell do we have a minister? Pls say another thing and stop joining a man that had failed.
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by DaBullIT(m): 10:36am On Jan 28, 2020
Youthleader22:

So your stupid argument is that when it comes to power Nigerians are on their own? So why the hell do we have a minister? Pls say another thing and stop joining a man that had failed.

If you have to be stupid, keep it local, don't keep it on internet

My point was and it still is this ; Fashola can make policies but it's up to the power companies to make it work, you don't expect minister to force power companies to distribute meters to people for free?

1 Like

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by Youthleader22(m): 10:38am On Jan 28, 2020
DaBullIT:

My point was and it still is this ; Fashola can make policies but it's up to the power companies to make it work, you don't expect minister to force power companies to distribute meters to people for free?

Ok at the end of the day. That’s the reason he failed.
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by somehow: 12:15pm On Jan 28, 2020
How many countries use speed trains?
TheSociopath:
Are these speed trains? If they are, then this initiative will seriously decongest some parts of Lagos. Imagine living in Abeokuta and you can get to CMS under one hour, or Ibadan, Ore, Oyo and you can get to CMS/Obalende in 50 mins to an hour. Not only will it improve the distribution of wealth, traffic will lessen in Lagos and govt will earn revenue.

They shouldn't bring trains that will use 5 hours from Ibadan to Lagos, they'll be pretty useless
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by erico2k2(m): 12:27pm On Jan 28, 2020
DaBullIT:

He's the one that'll audit and enforce the policies on private business?

Very sensible backwards
Yes he is part of the persons responsible for setting out penalties if the rule were broke .He should sanction them.
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by erico2k2(m): 12:29pm On Jan 28, 2020
DaBullIT:

We need no one like that.what we need is a leader who can make polices and set out sanctions if these policies are broken period.whats the point of making such policies and there are no sanctions if broken.
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by DaBullIT(m): 12:31pm On Jan 28, 2020
erico2k2:

We need no one like that.what we need is a leader who can make polices and set out sanctions if these policies are broken period.whats the point of making such policies and there are no sanctions if broken.

Who will enforce the sanctions is it Fashola or the senate people who have invested heavily during privatisation

Just asking cos you people seem to understand just the surface of any comment I write only to come back to realize you didn't think
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by erico2k2(m): 12:33pm On Jan 28, 2020
DaBullIT:

Who will enforce the sanctions is it Fashola or the senate people who have invested heavily during privatisation

Just asking cos you people seem to understand just the surface of any comment I write only to come back to realize you didn't think
Very si.ple the courts passed judgement t as they did to MTN. If they do t pay up we force them to shut n the FGtakes over. This is how a serious govt wrk

1 Like

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by DaBullIT(m): 12:33pm On Jan 28, 2020
erico2k2:

Yes he is part of the persons responsible for setting out penalties if the rule were broke .He should sanction them.

Again who will enforce the sanctions?

What sanctions did you have in mind?

Heavy tax = consumers pay more to discos

Licence withdrawal = complain from consumers how they live in darkness?

Shutting down their operations = more complain from people like yourself

So what again?

1 Like

Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by erico2k2(m): 12:34pm On Jan 28, 2020
mapet:

Simple question. Which one?
Enugu PH?
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by DaBullIT(m): 12:38pm On Jan 28, 2020
Youthleader22:

Ok at the end of the day. That’s the reason he failed.

Perhaps you are the one who failed to think

If he introduces a policy and senators (who have invested in discos during privatisation) refuse to make it work, will he force them?

If he shuts down their operation, people like you will call him minister of darkness

If he withdraws their licence people like you will complain of darkness or accuse him of hating ibo business {yes they are at the top of the privatisation ladder along with their politician friends}

If he increases the discos tax, disco will hike price of power up, people like you will complain of hardship...

Give the man some kudos
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by DaBullIT(m): 12:41pm On Jan 28, 2020
erico2k2:

Very si.ple the courts passed judgement t as they did to MTN. If they do t pay up we force them to shut n the FGtakes over. This is how a serious govt wrk

Another mumu response, till today has MTN paid the $5.2Billion fine imposed by court?

NO

Did FG or court shutdown their operations all over the country?

NO

did mtn increase call rate and data?

Yes

What have you done about that? Nothing

Give the man some credit
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by erico2k2(m): 12:42pm On Jan 28, 2020
DaBullIT:

Again who will enforce the sanctions?

What sanctions did you have in mind?

Heavy tax = consumers pay more to discos

Licence withdrawal = complain from consumers how they live in darkness?

Shutting down their operations = more complain from people like yourself

So what again?
FG can liquidate their co.pany fru its asset management bodies and put it right if they cant come up with the fines.they are full action ing so nothing like shutting down.plus if the FG where serious we have a prepaid meter manufacturer in Nigeria so.ewhere in the East I cnt remember but it's there wxporti g.we as Nigerians are ready to even buy prepaid meters.
Let me tell U something my friend d our pro lens is not Gencos or Discos.but prepaid meters.if we all ha e prepaid the so called Discos will be forces to invest in Discos to increase capacity. In my base in PH the houses there has 90%prepaid we ha e light more than anyone else cos the Disco age t is working g clock round to make sure she sells electricity. We dnt even call anyone if transfor.er does go bad .they pay for it themselves and replaced it.
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by erico2k2(m): 12:44pm On Jan 28, 2020
DaBullIT:

Another mumu response, till today has MTN paid the $5.2Billion fine imposed by court?

NO

Did FG or court shutdown their operations all over the country?

NO

did mtn increase call rate and data?

Yes

What have you done about that? Nothing

Give the man some credit
And U av to include mum in ur conversations. This is the reason the average Nigerian youth is backwards.one can not even manage to have an enlightened conversation minus insults cos u recon U r behind your phone .
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by DaBullIT(m): 1:12pm On Jan 28, 2020
erico2k2:

FG can liquidate their co.pany fru its asset management bodies and put it right if they cant come up with the fines.they are full action ing so nothing like shutting down.plus if the FG where serious we have a prepaid meter manufacturer in Nigeria so.ewhere in the East I cnt remember but it's there wxporti g.we as Nigerians are ready to even buy prepaid meters.
Let me tell U something my friend d our pro lens is not Gencos or Discos.but prepaid meters.if we all ha e prepaid the so called Discos will be forces to invest in Discos to increase capacity. In my base in PH the houses there has 90%prepaid we ha e light more than anyone else cos the Disco age t is working g clock round to make sure she sells electricity. We dnt even call anyone if transfor.er does go bad .they pay for it themselves and replaced it.

Why is FG yet to liquidate MTN to claim the fine owed by MTN? Because its easier said than done, not only the legal implication, but because people like you will claim Buhari is chasing investors away with wicked policies

The AMCON fraudsters are still in Nigeria, why is FG yet to sieze their assets, sell it and claim the debts back? Last time I checked top of the list was chukwu, nnà, chi and nzo something, BTW I think Ben Bruce's name was featured too, if FG does liquidate their assets, you will chant hate for Ibos and Buhari is evil

Politics and policies is not done with iron had because of consequences, hence why I said don't blame the minister for every failure, he's done all he can and we wouldn't be having this argument if you had just agreed

I know there's a prepaid meter manufacturer somewhere in the East, FG bought hundreds of thousands if not millions of unit from the manufacturer and distributed to genco / discos, that's what I meant when I said FG subsidised it ( doesn't mean some weren't imported though)

Personally I have paid for prepaid over 4 years now I have not seen anything

The problem is these people want to make maximum profit with little or not value provided to consumers that's why they won't share prepaid meters, that's why they produce estimated crazy bills and distribute bills even if they didn't supply power for 1 month ( ive seen it happen twice once in Ibadan when the NEPA office was burnt around academy I think they kept bringing bills for 6 months even though the transformers and power lines were destroyed by angry youths) where in hell is all that money going to?

They don't want to give you prepaid because you pay what you use only

As I said earlier the point is Fashola can only do what he can, he won't be able to force anybody to do his bidding

Simple
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by DaBullIT(m): 1:13pm On Jan 28, 2020
erico2k2:

And U av to include mum in ur conversations. This is the reason the average Nigerian youth is backwards.one can not even manage to have an enlightened conversation minus insults cos u recon U r behind your phone .

Apparently you can't read either, I saud mumu not your mum

I don't go that far unless you start it, read my reply again
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by AmTruth: 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2020
Nigeria shall be great by the grace of God as he will keep President Buhari in good health to continue the good work.

May God strengthen the Minister Amaechi.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by wellmax(m): 1:25pm On Jan 28, 2020
neweraomo:
not as miserable as your life cabron..you can't be thinking just because your life is miserable so other people life will be ,you know I'm saying the truth, Nigeria is a failed country mark my words idiot

Your life is miserable dude. You see no good and no good sees you. Seek healing maybe peace can visit you.

Mark your life, your words needs no marking.

Seek heling, seek happiness.
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by wellmax(m): 1:27pm On Jan 28, 2020
9jaRealist:

Sorry, but credit does NOT belong to this government - alone....

The 25-Year Rail Development Masterplan was the brainchild of the Obasanjo administration...
While the initial financing (loans) were secured and contracts were awarded by the Jonathan administration.

This is an apt epitome of government being a CONTINUUM...
Even the Itakpe-Ajaokuta line was conceived and construction begun under the Shagari and IBB administrations.

>

Give credit to the one who took it upon himself to ACT. With limited funds, he started capital intensive projects. He did not just plan on paper. He started work and is seeing it to completion.

Commend PMB
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 28, 2020
vincentjk:
They're building the railway lines to help the igbos transport their goods easier grin

You mean to transport their fake products back to their village.... Igbo and fake products are like 5&6
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by Youthleader22(m): 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2020
DaBullIT:

Perhaps you are the one who failed to think

If he introduces a policy and senators (who have invested in discos during privatisation) refuse to make it work, will he force them?

If he shuts down their operation, people like you will call him minister of darkness

If he withdraws their licence people like you will complain of darkness or accuse him of hating ibo business {yes they are at the top of the privatisation ladder along with their politician friends}

If he increases the discos tax, disco will hike price of power up, people like you will complain of hardship...

Give the man some kudos

All what you are saying makes no damn sense. Do we vote for people in positions to complain? Why are other countries enjoying 24hrs electricity and Nigeria is not? Are you just dumb or what? Is Fashola related to you that you he’ll bent in supporting him? Crazy APC supporters
Re: Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. by vincentjk(m): 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2020
Gforce2015:

You mean to transport their fake products back to their village.... Igbo and fake products are like 5&6

Swear you've never used "new age charger".

If it's fake then why did you buy it??

Ntorrrr grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Car Falls Into River, Lady Survives, Many Dead (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab / See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.