Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Nysc January Allowance - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc January Allowance (3517 Views)

FG Set To Increase Allowance Of Corpers - NYSC DG / Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others / Corps Members To Receive Their Allowance In A Couple Of Days – NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc January Allowance by MRXELA(m): 5:17pm On Jan 27, 2020
The Director General of NYSC, Gen. Shaibu Ibrahim has confirmed to newsmen that Corps Members allowance from January will be N33,000 in reflection and review of the new minimum wage.

"We have told our corpers that the new corps members' allowance has been included in the 2020 appropriation bill, so its payment will commence immediately"
The appropriation bill was signed by President Buhari in December and Federal Civil Servants got their pay with the new minimum wage in December with the payment of arrears.

https://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/0d4b852d21454c6e1a922ba74a78904f?client=news
Re: Nysc January Allowance by olaboy33(m): 5:20pm On Jan 27, 2020
Re: Nysc January Allowance by marztar(m): 5:26pm On Jan 27, 2020
Na today?
Re: Nysc January Allowance by tehilah92(f): 5:46pm On Jan 27, 2020
Till I see alert
Re: Nysc January Allowance by Yustash001(m): 5:54pm On Jan 27, 2020
Only four days left.....we are waiting..
Re: Nysc January Allowance by chiago95(m): 11:18pm On Jan 27, 2020
I need that arrears money biko. I need it
Re: Nysc January Allowance by MRXELA(m): 3:00am On Jan 28, 2020
chiago95:
I need that arrears money biko. I need it
batch what and which year are you?
Re: Nysc January Allowance by UchecoOtentic(m): 6:41am On Jan 28, 2020
3days left
Re: Nysc January Allowance by 7thLemonLOVER(f): 12:10pm On Jan 28, 2020
All these rumors sha
Re: Nysc January Allowance by Fucklove(m): 3:12pm On Jan 28, 2020
I work in a competent federal agency and can assure you that the allowance still stand at 19800. Stop misleading the gullible public young man

1 Like

Re: Nysc January Allowance by Leauwizzy: 4:00pm On Jan 28, 2020
Fucklove:
I work in a competent federal agency and can assure you that the allowance still stand at 19800. Stop misleading the gullible public young man
Is the agency a secret agency??. Is the agency responsible for paying corpers?. And finally what's the name of this agency??

1 Like

Re: Nysc January Allowance by Boyliberty(m): 4:12pm On Jan 28, 2020
So yu know more than the DG himself abi
Re: Nysc January Allowance by theowane: 4:19pm On Jan 28, 2020
Leauwizzy:

Is the agency a secret agency??. Is the agency responsible for paying corpers?. And finally what's the name of this agency??
don't mind the bad belle. The office of the Accountant General of the federation is responsible for the payment of salaries to anybody working for the Federal government. So I don't know what agency he is talking about. Besides, I wonder which agency of government is not competent for Christ sake?!. Summary: budget 2020 has been signed into law, the ministry of finance has no excuse whatsoever not to begin implementation. But the issue here is no one knows how much precisely cos neither the DG, the minstry of finance nor the minister of youth and sports development is coming up with any figures. I remember during Goodluck, the then DG, Gen. Tsiga stated it as soon as the then president approved, how much will be paid, how many months arrears will be paid and all that. But this govt always keeps things secret, too bad!

1 Like

Re: Nysc January Allowance by theowane: 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2020
Boyliberty:
So yu know more than the DG himself abi
in as much as I want the allowee to be 33K, that story is not true. The DG has not, and I repeat has not in any fora said anything about allowee being 33K. This particular statement was what he said last year November, where he echoed the minister of youth and sports message to corps members in Lagos, that once the 2020 budget is signed into law by the President, implementation of new allowee will begin. That story is not totally correct as there has never been a time the DG said implementation will begin January. If the writer of that story is truthful enough, he/she should state the forum the DG said that and when. In as much as all of us want the 33k, we should stop peddling false info please.
Re: Nysc January Allowance by theowane: 4:31pm On Jan 28, 2020
"We have told our corpers that the new corps members' allowance has been included in the 2020 appropriation bill, so its payment will commence immediately"
@Mrxela, that was the only valid statement you quoted me DG. The rest was just a statement of how civil servants got their new salaries and arrears in December. So stop the false news. But like I always say, I'm optimistic that it will be 30K plus this January. Cheers
Re: Nysc January Allowance by Fucklove(m): 4:53pm On Jan 28, 2020
Corp members are not civil servants and do not receive salary but allowance. They are not enrolled in any of the consolidated salary structure. Implementation of the proposed new allowance won't and will not take effect soon. The normal allowance of #19,800 will be paid in full as from Thursday. A new wage will take effect but not so soon not even in 3 months to come

1 Like

Re: Nysc January Allowance by theowane: 5:17pm On Jan 28, 2020
I'm not sure about this, but I heard corps members in Bauchi state have stated receiving their allowance of 19800. Pls someone should confirm if true
Re: Nysc January Allowance by sirqeeboi(m): 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2020
If it 33k click like 19.8k click share
Re: Nysc January Allowance by theowane: 6:37pm On Jan 28, 2020
Fucklove:
Corp members are not civil servants and do not receive salary but allowance. They are not enrolled in any of the consolidated salary structure. Implementation of the proposed new allowance won't and will not take effect soon. The normal allowance of #19,800 will be paid in full as from Thursday. A new wage will take effect but not so soon not even in 3 months to come
yes, you are right about corps members not on a consolidated salary structure. But I want you to understand that according to the NYSC act, corps members are entitled to at least the minimum wage at that given time, with a little transportation top up on it. For now, that top up is 10% of the minimum wage, which is N1800. Plus that allowance is on a sliding scale, that is anytime there is a review of a minimum wage, that of corps members is reviewed too, in line with what is obtainable at that particular time. That is what is causing the whole hullabaloo now. The FG said they couldn't pay corps members last year cos the new allowance was not captured in the 2019 budget (I don't know why they did not send a supplementary budget to the National Assembly oo), but that it will be captured in the 2020 budget and that as soon as the budget was signed into law, payment will commence. When the minister made this statement in December, 2019, the budget hadn't been signed. But a few days later, PMB signed the budget, in the spirit of beginning the new financial year on the 1st of January, 2020. So officially, the new financial year has begun. Mind you the budget once signed by the President becomes a law. The ministry of finance therefore has no excuses not to begin implementation. If the minister of finance do not begin the implementation this month, then i don't see why she should continue in that capacity.

5 Likes

Re: Nysc January Allowance by chiago95(m): 6:59pm On Jan 28, 2020
MRXELA:
batch what and which year are you?
Batch B 2019
Re: Nysc January Allowance by chiago95(m): 7:10pm On Jan 28, 2020
Do you think they will they pay us the arrears? Can we be hopeful? Somebody answer me please...
Re: Nysc January Allowance by TeeDee2021: 7:18pm On Jan 28, 2020
I heard some corps members were paid today and its #19,800.
Re: Nysc January Allowance by theowane: 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2020
TeeDee2021:
too bad! I'm really disappointed in this govt
Re: Nysc January Allowance by Leauwizzy: 8:28pm On Jan 28, 2020
TeeDee2021:
Nope...nobody have received.
Re: Nysc January Allowance by mistercharles: 8:36am On Jan 29, 2020
Leauwizzy:

it's 19800 someone has been paid
Re: Nysc January Allowance by Leauwizzy: 9:26am On Jan 29, 2020
mistercharles:
it's 19800 someone has been paid
Bro, at the time of this report. No one have receive their allawee..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Corper Died In Sokoto Camp... / Batch A stream 2 kwara corper......Let's meet here / NYSC 2018 Batch C Can Start Checking The Senate List For Their Names Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.