Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili (36072 Views)

LP To Odili: Your lavish praise On Olanipekun, Fagbemi Is Undignifying / Police Arrest Immigration Officer, Abdullahi Usman Linked To Odili Home Invasion / Stanley Nkwazema: Suspect Linked To Odili Home Invasion Not Our Staff - THISDAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 27, 2020
Former Secretary the National Human Rights Commission, NHRC, Prof. Chidi Odinkalu is to pay the sum of N250 million as damages for defaming Sir Dr. Peter Odili, a former Governor of Rivers state.

Presiding Justice Augustina Kingsley-Chuku found Odinkalu of defaming Sir Odili in his book, ‘Too Good To Die’ published in 2018.

The Court also awarded the sum of three hundred thousand naira as cost against Professor Odinkalu and one other.

DAILY POST reports that Justice Kingsley-Chuku in her Judgement agreed that Professor Odinkalu published a libelous, malicious and defamatory article against the former Rivers State governor.

The Court also restrained the defendants from further publication of the book and should retract the publication in two national dailies.

Justice A. Kingsley-Chuku described the publication as detestful and done with an ill intention with malicious content.

Speaking to newsmen outside the court, Counsel to the Claimant, Ifedayo Adedipe welcomed the judgment which he said has proven that the image of his client was actually damaged by the defendants.

No counsel represented the defendants in court during the judgment.

Former Rivers State Governor, Sir Dr. Peter Odili had instituted a suit against Professor Chidi Odinkalu on the 31st of October 2018 accusing the defendants of damaging his image through false and malicious publications contained in his book titled, “Too Good to Die”.
https://dailypost.ng/2020/01/27/court-indicts-prof-odinkalu-awards-n250-million-as-damages-to-odili/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 27, 2020
Finally a Court of Competent Jurisdiction has Confirmed what we’ve Always known: Chidi Odinkalu is a trafficker of false news and media fabrications. Both calibrated for pecuniary gains. The law has finally caught up with the fake news merchant.

Let this be a lesson to you fake news merchants on nairaland under the garb of WAILERS from the other side.

Fake news is not freedom of speech.

64 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by ambu2: 6:25pm On Jan 27, 2020
Lesson: Don't mess with spouse of an influential judge. If you do, you have your a*se whooped. If Odinkalu appeals, it could get worse. #Dilemma

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by mumumugu(m): 6:27pm On Jan 27, 2020
Good for gossip monger

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by mumumugu(m): 6:28pm On Jan 27, 2020
ambu2:
Lesson: Don't mess with spouse of an influential judge. If you do, you have your a*se whooped. If Odinkalu appeals, it could get worse. #Dilemma

FG will mess with Woke, nothing go happen. they don't obey court orders
Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by Ladipodeal: 6:32pm On Jan 27, 2020
All court in the land got his back.

The perpetual injuction Peter Odili got against any investigation since 2009, is it still in place?

15 Likes

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by Guzel: 7:16pm On Jan 27, 2020
I pity his pink ass
Watch him play the intimidation card

3 Likes

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 27, 2020
I wish this article had stated the alleged libelous comments made by Odinkalu. Nigerian citizens too are not so daft not to know the truth. Odili remains the first governor to restrain government agencies from investigating him.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by crowniran(m): 7:17pm On Jan 27, 2020
Justice feels good.

Do you want to get a skill in web development and WordPress? Or Adobe illustrator?
I can give you access to these courses for 1,500naira on udemy. Check my signature for contact

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by NORSYK(m): 7:18pm On Jan 27, 2020
Where's our prof. going to get that kind of money from?
I guess he'll appeal the ruling

6 Likes

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by BrickDevo: 7:18pm On Jan 27, 2020
Awards
Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by Stalwert: 7:18pm On Jan 27, 2020
Fake news producer, lying per second

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by ivolt: 7:19pm On Jan 27, 2020
Tetehjewels:
Finally a Court of Competent Jurisdiction has Confirmed what we’ve Always known: Chidi Odinkalu is a trafficker of false news and media fabrications. Both calibrated for pecuniary gains. The law has finally caught up with the fake news merchant.

Let this be a lesson to you fake news merchants on nairaland under the garb of WAILERS from the other side.

Fake news is not freedom of speech.
If you could read, you would see that this is a kangaroo judgment.
One lawyer argued a case with no defense lawyer on sit and the judge issued an order, what an unfair trial.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by TroubleMaker47(m): 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2020
Chidi didn't even bother to send a defence council! cheesy
Criminal Odili!
To think that this criminal instituted a perpetual injunction to restrain the Rivers State Govt n EFCC from probing him!
Mtcheeeeew

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by Choplyf(m): 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2020
Let justice prevail.

Meanwhile,

A 2bedroom flat is available in Shasha, Akowonjo, Lagos. Interested person(s) should check my signature for contact for more info.
Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by ForeThinker: 7:23pm On Jan 27, 2020
1 cona 1 cona
Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by JeffreyD1(m): 7:23pm On Jan 27, 2020
please help me with any of these jobs Receptionist,
Sales Representative,
Office Assistant,
Car for Uber/bolts Driving,
Driver job,
Computer front desk staff,

I'm a computer literate I can make use of the Microsoft World, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint

Any job relating to my O'level educational background. I have my SSCE and my computer certified certificate. I'm in my 20s and strong enough to do anything and do it well. Though I am here in Abuja ready to relocate anywhere if the job is not around here as long as accommodation will be provided. Help a brother with a job, please. Thanks and God bless you as you reply.

Help a brother God bless you

Here is my number 0903 075 3981

3 Likes

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by Roon9(m): 7:23pm On Jan 27, 2020
Hmm... The law protects only the rich in Naija

2 Likes

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by wirinet(m): 7:25pm On Jan 27, 2020
ambu2:
Gbam. I am yet to see Peter Odili lose a court case.

I see Peter Odili like I see Trump. Even if Peter Odili shoots someone on broad street in front of the judge, he cannot lose the court case

9 Likes

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by GamalNasser: 7:27pm On Jan 27, 2020
Where professor Chidi one see this money from? The Corruption in the Nigerian Judiciary is now worrisome , when Buhari leaves we have to sanitize that place because this kind paddy paddy Judiciary can never be the way froward

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by lmm4real: 7:28pm On Jan 27, 2020
undecided #250 milli wow family matter. Dude should go seek forgiveness asap.

1 Like

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by crackhouse(m): 7:28pm On Jan 27, 2020
Can he pay?
Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 27, 2020
ivolt:

If you could read, you would see that this is a kangaroo judgment.
One lawyer argued a case and the judge issued an order, what an unfair trial.

Chidi Odinkalu is a well know false news purveyor.

Great Judgement and he should now pay what has been awarded.

2 Likes

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by zoezoelogistics(m): 7:31pm On Jan 27, 2020
Audio judgement
Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by amuwo1980: 7:32pm On Jan 27, 2020
This fake prof, why them no jail u join am, thief

1 Like

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by dustydee: 7:33pm On Jan 27, 2020
Thank God it is not Buhari else he will shout persecution due to his criticism of the government.

3 Likes

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by Chimookigwe: 7:33pm On Jan 27, 2020
What I love about this is that Chidi Odinkalu finally met his comeuppance. Also, the PDPigz are deaf and dumb as to what Odili and Wike are doing with the judiciary.

6 Likes

Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2020
Urgent sale of a prively owned plot of Land(691.33sqm) located at Iwaya, Yaba, Lagos with C of O. Call or WhatsApp 07069423760 for purchase. Interested buyers only. Thanks
Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by HOLYDICK(m): 7:36pm On Jan 27, 2020
That nigga called chidi better go settle am out of court o.

I don talk my own 250m embarassed
Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by crownwealth: 7:37pm On Jan 27, 2020
Kangaroo judgement
Re: Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili by crownwealth: 7:38pm On Jan 27, 2020
GamalNasser:
Where professor Chidi one see this money from? The Corruption in the Nigerian Judiciary is now worrisome , when Buhari leaves we have to sanitize that place because this kind paddy paddy Judiciary can never be the way froward

Very soon we go see all the atrocities of the fraudulent kworuption phyter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency / Governor Ambode Responds Swiftly To Akobi Crescent Flood Crisis ( Pics&videos) / Atiku’s Kano Rally Throws Open Buhari’s Northern Strongholds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.