Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,939 members, 7,952,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:25 AM

Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked (2365 Views)

Muslim Riots In Sweden / The Innocence Of Muslims: The Film That Sparked Riots In Libya / Riots In North London 6th August 2011 Black Man Short Dead By Police! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 09, 2010
Terrifying moment Charles and Camilla were surrounded by a baying mob and their car attacked in tuition fees riot

Prince's limo paintballed on way to Palladium
20,000 students and activists lay siege to Westminster
Protesters throw flares, smoke bombs and snooker balls
Scotland Yard resort to 'kettling' in Parliament Square
At least 20 arrests, including two for arson and four for burglary
Fees increase is carried by 323 votes to 302 - majority of 21

Anarchists protesting against the rise in student tuition fees attacked Prince Charles and Camilla's car outside the London Palladium tonight.
The couple were due to attend the Royal Variety Performance, which was taking place close to the epicentre of a day of violent protest in Parliament Square.
Clarence House said that the couple were unharmed, even though they were inside the car when the mob struck in the Regent Street attack.
White paint exploded across the rear of the passenger side of the car and a window was broken.
Onlookers said Camilla looked extremely shaken after the incident.

Attacked: Charles and Camilla's car outside the Palladium tonight after being paintballed by anarchists

Unruffled: Prince Charles meets singers Kylie Minogue and Gary Barlow at the Royal Variety Performance after his car was attacked

Safe: Onlookers said The Duchess of Cornwall was shaken by the attack

Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by shotster50(m): 1:50am On Dec 10, 2010
The Winter of unrests has only just begone.
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by yeswecan(m): 3:24am On Dec 10, 2010
This is obviously an ideological agenda backed with the spin of huge deficit . .
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by vanitty: 11:40am On Dec 10, 2010
Foolosh Foolish student. Now the media is filled with that rather than what they were prostesting against undecided
I have a feeling this was the handiwork of some sect that has nothing to do with the tuition fee . . . . . .
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by otele(m): 3:59pm On Dec 10, 2010
Hello!!!, You voted for it,
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by vanitty: 4:17pm On Dec 10, 2010
No they didn't
Although I voted for labour but those that voted for Nick Cleggs were under the impression that he was going to stop the tuition fee increase not triple it! undecided
It is my younger sis I really feel sorry for. ~9000 per annum is too much. The poor girl will be in massive debt even before she starts her career. I remember my own time cheesy Yea definitely had it very easy unlike nowadays
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by montelik(m): 6:23pm On Dec 10, 2010
Abeg make dem free Charly oh.
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by cap28: 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2010
im so proud of these students , they're doing a really good job.

Clegg was always going to be a sell out, people were seduced by his image, now they know the truth, people have very short memories, they forget how thatcher decimated jobs in this country in the 80's and condemned whole swathes of the working class to mass unemployment and poverty, now the tories (in collaboratin with the libdems) are back and people are foolishly thinking that they have anything positive in store for working people.

This is just the beginning, when they announce fresh job cuts early next year i predict a general strike and mass riots.
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by tpia1: 10:33pm On Dec 11, 2010
oh my.

this is terrible.

the guy on the monument apologized though, in a news article.
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by 190: 1:40am On Dec 12, 2010
omg,

we are in soup
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by MaiSuya(m): 6:21pm On Dec 12, 2010
i don't get it. why attack the royal family? what have got they got to do with the increase in scholl fees?
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by cap28: 9:23pm On Dec 12, 2010
Mai Suya:

i don't get it. why attack the royal family? what have got they got to do with the increase in scholl fees?

they are part of the problem, the windsors actually have large controlling shares in the worlds biggest multinational corporations, these are the same multinationals which create suffering and poverty all over the world.

Also do you know of any member of the royal family that has ever held down a job in their life?

Despite this fact they live a life of comfort and luxury which is paid for by british tax payers. The majority of them do not even have one qualification to their name and yet they jet around the world, live in rent/mortgage free accommodation, drive expensive cars, wear expensive clothing all at the expense of the tax payer. I think charles and camilla deserve the treatment they received from those students.
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 12, 2010
cap28:

they are part of the problem, the windsors actually have large controlling shares in the worlds biggest multinational corporations, these are the same multinationals which create suffering and poverty all over the world.

Also do you know of any member of the royal family that has ever held down a job in their life?

Despite this fact they live a life of comfort and luxury which is paid for by british tax payers. The majority of them do not even have one qualification to their name and yet they jet around the world, live in rent/mortgage free accommodation, drive expensive cars, wear expensive clothing all at the expense of the tax payer. I think charles and camilla deserve the treatment they received from those students.

Hmm, whats the logic here ?

What has tuition fees increase have to do with the Royal Family.

The people who attacked Prince Charles are despicable and have no respect for authority, they MUST and should be punished.
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by cap28: 12:48am On Dec 13, 2010
frosbel:

Hmm, whats the logic here ?

What has tuition fees increase have to do with the Royal Family.

The people who attacked Prince Charles are despicable and have no respect for authority, they MUST and should be punished.

Ive noticed a very nauseating trend with some people on NL - this business of jumping to the defense of people who do not even recognise black people as being fully human , i really do not understand how you can look with sympathy on the royal family, here we have a family who are well known for being in bed with fascist right wing govts throughout history, who regard non white people as sub human and who remain staunch defenders of a class system which guarantees them an undeserved llife of luxury at the expense of every one else. These are the same people whose relatives colonised and enslaved african peoples and yet you are jumping to defend them - why? they hate you.

you want to know how the increase in student fees has anything to do with them - i'll tell you the windsors have controlling interests in the very banks which have created this economic meltdown - they are part of the problem but instead of being punished for the reckless and criminal behaviour of the banks they have been rewarded with huge bonuses while the poor man on the street is the one being punished with job cuts, cuts in benefit and removal of govt funding on education.
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by BaboonYansh: 8:53am On Dec 13, 2010
^^^
Can you please provide us sensible evidence (not conspiracy nonsense) that shows the "Windsors" have "controlling shares in major multinational corporations and banks" as you claim? Thanks
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by cap28: 10:38am On Dec 13, 2010
BaboonYansh:

^^^
Can you please provide us sensible evidence (not conspiracy nonsense) that shows the "Windsors" have "controlling shares in major multinational corporations and banks" as you claim? Thanks

i am not your research assistant, if you want knowledge go out and look for it yourself, must i spoon feed you?

The onus is on you to prove me wrong, not the other way around, so until you can do that you are not in a position to dismiss what i have said as according to you as conspiracy nonsense".
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by BaboonYansh: 11:05am On Dec 13, 2010
cap28:

i am not your research assistant, if you want knowledge go out and look for it yourself, must i spoon feed you?

The onus is on you to prove me wrong, not the other way around, so until you can do that you are not in a position to dismiss what i have said as according to you as conspiracy nonsense".

LOL
i'm sorry but not everyone has the time to be disproving the maniacal claims of a mad man. Thats why the smart people who designed the legal system placed the onus of proof on the accuser or positive claimant. I suggest you learn from them.

stop making unfounded claims like a drunk. Its unhealthy for you.
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by cap28: 11:32am On Dec 13, 2010
BaboonYansh:

LOL
i'm sorry but not everyone has the time to be disproving the maniacal claims of a mad man. Thats why the smart people who designed the legal system placed the onus of proof on the accuser or positive claimant. I suggest you learn from them.

stop making unfounded claims like a drunk. Its unhealthy for you.

typical mentality of a docile sheep, quick to dismiss something that his low mentality can not cope with, it is people like you who scream "conspiracy theory" when their porous brains are unable to cope with the truth. I know it is people like you that would never have beleived the hold that shell has on nigeria until the wikileaks disclosure of a few weeks ago. You expect me to do your research for you, why not put that your lazy brain to use for once and stop waiting for others to spoon feed you. it is your lack of curiosity and complacency that has condemned you to a life of unmitigated ignorance.
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by BaboonYansh: 12:57pm On Dec 13, 2010
cap28:

typical mentality of a docile sheep, quick to dismiss something that his low mentality can not cope with, it is people like you who scream "conspiracy theory" when their porous brains are unable to cope with the truth. I know it is people like you that would never have beleived the hold that shell has on nigeria until the wikileaks disclosure of a few weeks ago. You expect me to do your research for you, why not put that your lazy brain to use for once and stop waiting for others to spoon feed you. it is your lack of curiosity and complacency that has condemned you to a life of unmitigated ignorance.

LOL.
What truth exactly have you "presented" other than empty statements without basis in fact? Is that how truth is presented in your village?

I'll do better listening to a madman than listen to your empty stories. Lol

it's very clear you have no facts so you're very comfortable throwing baseless accusations about. Continue because I can see it makes you happy and fulfilled.
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2010
cap28:

Ive noticed a very nauseating trend with some people on NL - this business of jumping to the defense of people who do not even recognise black people as being fully human , i really do not understand how you can look with sympathy on the royal family, here we have a family who are well known for being in bed with fascist right wing govts throughout history, who regard non white people as sub human and who remain staunch defenders of a class system which guarantees them an undeserved llife of luxury at the expense of every one else. These are the same people whose relatives colonised and enslaved african peoples and yet you are jumping to defend them - why? they hate you.

you want to know how the increase in student fees has anything to do with them - i'll tell you the windsors have controlling interests in the very banks which have created this economic meltdown - they are part of the problem but instead of being punished for the reckless and criminal behaviour of the banks they have been rewarded with huge bonuses while the poor man on the street is the one being punished with job cuts, cuts in benefit and removal of govt funding on education.

Not sure what the Queen has to do with the tuition fee issue, but to drag racism into the discussion comes across as direly ignorant.

Thanks for your contributions anyway smiley
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by cap28: 5:30pm On Dec 13, 2010
frosbel:

Not sure what the Queen has to do with the tuition fee issue, but to drag racism into the discussion comes across as direly ignorant.

Thanks for your contributions anyway smiley

I have already explained above the royal family's links with the international banking elite, if you want to educate yourself you can go and research more on that issue.

Nobody is dragging racism into the discussion - all i did was state a fact which is well known to most informed people ie that - the royal family are supporters of fascist and racist ideologies - they were supporters of hitler's nazi germany during world war 2 - the fact that you do not know this indicates that you are the one that is walking around in a haze of ignorance. 

Perhaps this might help you:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-379036/Prince-Philip-pictured-Nazi-funeral.html

Prince Phillip - the queen's husband was a member of the Hitler Youth movement when he was a boy, and his inlaws were all senior ranking members of the Nazi Party.

http://american_almanac.tripod.com/naziroot.htm

Despite knowing nothing about the background of the british royal family you jump to their defence, isnt that the sort of behaviour which is normally associated with stu.pidity?

the british royal family are of german origin and changed their surname to windsor in order to be accepted by the british during the nazi onslaught against britain in world war 2. -their original surname was saxe coburg which is a german name.

Also the queen's father King George vi and her uncle - edward viii (who abdicated the throne)  were very close friends of Hitler and beleived in Hitlers philosophy of the uber mensch (super man or master race),  the belief that the pure blooded nordic or northern european people were destined to rule the world.

I assume you do know that Hitler beleived in eugenics ie race hygiene or the genocide of the so called lower races in order to guarantee the aryan race world wide domination?
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by JeSoul(f): 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2010
Cap28's extreme dislike for any and all things "white power" is  grin. The guy is smart sha, he has some good points, but sometimes they get buried in his extreme antagonistic emotions.

And I agree with him on this point - the British people need to move with their fellow humans into the 21st century. Which self-respecting group of people still have "queens" and "princes" and "royal families" lording it over them? using their 'birth-right' (not hardwork or accomplishment) to collect a luxurious share of the national cake, baked with the sweat of the working man. And yet the masses willingly bow and submit to them as though they were truly superior humans, and faun over them as "royalty" as if we were still in the dark ages.

Sometimes "tradition" is a prison, of which the worst is when the prisoners are the ones holding the keys - and don't even realize it.
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by cap28: 11:24pm On Dec 13, 2010
JeSoul:

Cap28's extreme dislike for any and all things "white power" is grin. The guy is smart sha, he has some good points, but sometimes they get buried in his extreme antagonistic emotions.

And I agree with him on this point - the British people need to move with their fellow humans into the 21st century. Which self-respecting group of people still have "queens" and "princes" and "royal families" lording it over them? using their 'birth-right' (not hardwork or accomplishment) to collect a luxurious share of the national cake, baked with the sweat of the working man. And yet the masses willingly bow and submit to them as though they were truly superior humans, and faun over them as "royalty" as if we were still in the dark ages.

Sometimes "tradition" is a prison, of which the worst is when the prisoners are the ones holding the keys - and don't even realize it.

thanks sis, plse tell them - i have been dismissed as a mad man for telling them what they don't want to hear.
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by BaboonYansh: 7:37am On Dec 14, 2010
cap28:

thanks sis, plse tell them - i have been dismissed as a mad man for telling them what they don't want to hear.

You have been dismissed as a mad man for claiming to be to portfolio manager of the royal family's lnvestments. Read again
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by BaboonYansh: 8:30am On Dec 14, 2010
JeSoul:

Cap28's extreme dislike for any and all things "white power" is  grin. The guy is smart sha, he has some good points, but sometimes they get buried in his extreme antagonistic emotions.

You made no point. In fact it rather seems to me like you're jealous that some people are elevated. Well, such is life, even in nature we have kings and queens.

Every society has its identity, tradition and history. The british was once a great empire, having the royal family preserves that history just like the bini kingdom in nigeria, if the oba of bini household is done away with, what happens to that history?

You have not shown us how the british constitutional monarchy with the queen as nominal head of government but policies and laws still enacted by publicy elected officials translates to "dark ages". Maybe you need to look up the british system of govt and find out the function and powers of the royal family and see its mainly ceremonial with guidelines set by the parliarment.

The british have moved forward centuries ago, sorry you missed that.

Also many nations including several european countries still have their monarchs in place, so, I wonder what your "self-respecting group of people" means.

How much exactly is allocated to the royal family yearly? Can you compare that to the large sums ("baked with the sweat ofthe working man"wink the govenment doles out in aid and support for third world countries?. The british will be served better to save that money and maintain 10 million different royal families.
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by preselect(m): 5:38pm On Dec 14, 2010
at least the british are not budgeting trillions of pounds to build fighter planes that are out of use just to keep some people's jobs. neither are they pilling up hundreds of nuclear war heads costing trillions of dollars to fight the enemy in their heads (while providing IED proof armoured vehicles for the soldiers in afghanistan is difficult for congress to pass)

the royal family is british heritage. they love it. it doesnt hamper their democracy. how much was spent to organise the inauguration of obama? close to $200million. right? how much was spent in US elections. how much does it cost to trasport the POTUS from one location to another? when it comes to hopeless spending, give it to the US. while the poor there still suffer. they cant even give money to the heroes of 9-11 who are having illness due to what they did on 9-11 to save their fellow citizens.
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by vanitty: 6:12pm On Dec 14, 2010
I completely disagree. I absolutely love the royal family tradition, it is the only damn tangible tradition I see this people have to be honest. Even if you think they don't do naff all. I certainly am not complaining, majority of the masses are not complaining. I remember reading it somewhere quite long ago that every taxpayer contributes just 50p or thereabout to the royal family.
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by thameamead(f): 12:37pm On Dec 16, 2010
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by Gemma11: 6:46pm On Dec 20, 2010
The Royal Family are highly beneficial to the UK tourism industry. Millions from all over the world come to see castles, palaces, parks and other royal historical places which have been preserved for 1000 of years in their original state.

Cap28, You make some sound points and I really don't have a view on them however you did mention something about the Royal's not having qualifications which is incorrect. To my knowledge all of them have been educated to degree level at some the of the best educatoinal establishments in the country. I think Prince Harry is even a trained pilot as is Prince Andrew.
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by JeSoul(f): 7:03pm On Dec 20, 2010
Cap28 no problem jare. If someone told me I would be here defending you I go say na lie before  grin but you try sha. I don't agree with all your points but I think you're making some good ones that evoke some thinking and re-considering from me.

@concerned folks - like I said, the prisoners are in their own self-imposed prisons, and they are still holding the keys.

Gemma11:

The Royal Family are highly beneficial to the UK tourism industry. Millions from all over the world come to see castles, palaces, parks and other royal historical places which have been preserved for 1000 of years in their original state.
But many countries have plenty of historical sites that generate them a ton of cash too - without the 'royal family'. Ordinarily, I'd have no problem with royalty - what truly puts me off is how they are practically worshipped by their minions. But then again, wetin concern agbero with overload? to each his own. The only person that I call king na my husband.

Cap28, You make some sound points and I really don't have a view on them however you did mention something about the Royal's not having qualifications which is incorrect. To my knowledge all of them have been educated to degree level at some the of the best educatoinal establishments in the country. I think Prince Harry is even a trained pilot as is Prince Andrew.
This is true. I think Cap meant they don't "contribute" to the economy, merely take their own stipend.
Re: Heavy Student riots in London, Police and Prince Charles attacked by AngieFan(f): 12:58am On Dec 21, 2010
JeSoul:

Cap28 no problem jare. If someone told me I would be here defending you I go say na lie before  grin but you try sha. I don't agree with all your points but I think you're making some good ones that evoke some thinking and re-considering from me.

@concerned folks - like I said, the prisoners are in their own self-imposed prisons, and they are still holding the keys.

But many countries have plenty of historical sites that generate them a ton of cash too - without the 'royal family'. Ordinarily, I'd have no problem with royalty - what truly puts me off is how they are practically worshipped by their minions. But then again, wetin concern agbero with overload? to each his own. The only person that I call king na my husband.
This is true. I think Cap meant they don't "contribute" to the economy, merely take their own stipend.

Well they do contribute to the economy by bringing in the tourists and tourism is a major industry in the UK.
The British family is not like other royals around the world. They are the most famous in the world as the Queen is not only the Queen of England but also of 32 other independent nations including Canada,New Zealand and Australia etc. The family has played a major role in the history of other countries such as the USA etc.

(1) (Reply)

How Rwanda Became The Singapore Of Africa- Cleanest Country In Africa / American Lady Flushed Her MAGA Cap But We See Lots Of intimacy gadgets / Israel Is Losing Heavily In The War To The North With Hezbollah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.