Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria (21413 Views)

Remove Windows OS Password Through The BIOS / Mac OS Or Windows OS: Please Advise Me On Which Is Best For Me / How To Set Up Developer Environment On Windows OS That Work Like LINUX OS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by SendomC(m): 2:31pm On Jan 28, 2020
We got a request a few days ago from one of our readers which caught our attention and it goes as thus: Why is Windows OS Popularly used in Nigeria? So we decided to write on that and cover that query extensively. Note that Windows Operating System is widely used all over the world and it’s unarguably the most used OS in the world.

This article covers not only why Windows OS is widely used in Nigeria, but also why it’s widely used all over the World.

Note: We Cover articles based on user query and issues, so you can send in your query/issue and we will gladly resolve it. For free; of course!

Questions Related To This Article:

Why is Windows OS Widely Used?

Why is Microsoft Windows Widely Used in Nigeria?

Why is Microsoft Windows OS Widely Used in the World?

Why is Windows Operating System the Most Used OS in the World?

Point 1: User-Friendly Interface: You would agree with me that the Windows Operating System has a very friendly user interface in which every user can easily adapt to and easily run programs. Also, every function and program is laid out on a simple term that can be understood quite well without complexity. To crown it all, whenever you open a Program on Microsoft Windows, many other options are laid out for you and placed on strategic places to enable you easily find and perform the specified functions without being lost.

Point 2: Windows OS Programs comes with Offline Help Tools: Regardless of how user-friendly Windows Operating System is, Windows still found it important to include a special offline help section in every function and program that is built on the OS. Windows even included an offline help section in folders in case anyone encounters an issue or find it difficult to navigate through.

That alone made Windows very popular, widely used and the favourite OS for everyone on any intellectual level; be it Basic or Professional.  While starting out, the offline help tool in every section helped me a lot because whenever I encounter an issue at any point, instead of looking for a person who’s already knowledge on it, I read through the help section and gets the issue resolved myself thereby making me learn at a go.

Point 3: Windows OS Was Built With The General-User’s In Mind: When the Windows Operating System was being built, Microsoft had the general-users in mind unlike other operating systems like Linux Operating System which was mainly built for advanced computer professionals and programmers. That is to say, whether you’re using Windows OS for Work or for Personal use, you will find the Operating System very easy to use and adapt to.

With the Microsoft Windows OS Help Tool in every function and program, you don’t need to attend a Computer Training School or Academy to be conversant with Computer. While growing up, I became very familiar and knowleged in computers by just practising at home daily and learning how each program and function works using Windows offline help tools. I never attended a Computer Training School.

Point 4: Commonly Found, Cheap and Easy To Install Programs: If you ever find yourself in a situation whereby you need to use a particular program to perform a specific function or run a command and you can’t find that Program pre-installed on your Windows OS Run Computer, you can easily find the programs in any computer accessories store or even any store that sells Computer-related products like us.

I’m very much aware that almost all programs and software’s can be found Online These Days, but, what if you really need a program with the size being 3GB to 6GB; just like PC Games or Video Editing software’s, and you don’t have enough data or even Internet access to download it Online? That’s one of the best times to be a Windows OS user as you can easily find that software in a DVD Disk at a close-by store for as low as 200 Naira depending on your location.

Software Installation on Windows Operating Systems Can easily be done by anyone without difficulty as there’s a guide for it. Windows even helps you troubleshoot why a particular program wasn’t able to install and offers you a solution to the issue.

Point 5: Availability of Vital Softwares and Programs: Microsoft developed powerful Softwares and Applications for both office and personal use which are usually pre-installed in Windows Operating Systems on Computers. Powerful Software’s like Microsoft Office which contains Microsoft Excel, MS-Word, MS Groove, MS Publisher, MS Outlook, MS One Note, MS Info path and also a very powerful software that can be used for Video Editing which comes pre-installed on some Windows (Windows XP), and the name of the software is “Windows Movie Maker”.

Point 6: Favourite Operating System for Software Developers: While Using Microsoft’s Windows Operating System, lots of software’s and applications are easily accessible to you for download and use, and most of those applications are free. Due to how extremely popular and generally acceptable the Windows Operating Systems are, lots of software’s, application and Hardware manufacturers and developers supports the Operating System and develops hardware’s and Software’s that are easily compatible to windows OS.

Point 7: Windows Operating System Comes Pre-installed on Most Computers: While growing, Microsoft Corporation invested a lot of money and resources into providing help to their operating system users and massive advertisement of the operating system.

Microsoft also signed contracts with PC Manufacturers for windows Operating Systems to be pre-installed on every Computer they manufacture before being sold out. With regards to the contract, the personal computer manufacturers began selling out their computers with Windows OS pre-installed on them.

Today, computer manufacturers no longer need a contract to pre-install Microsoft Windows OS On their Products as it’s now generally accepted and Computer users are already used to the OS. What other choice do they have?

Bonus: Microsoft Corporation is usually quick to release fixes to bugs in any part of Windows Operating Systems

This article and the images herein are properties and Copyright of Sendom Computers and it’s open for expansion and improvement.

Do you have a query related to computers? Don’t hesitate to send it to us and we will gladly help you resolve it.

Thank You for Reading!

11 Likes

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by SendomC(m): 2:31pm On Jan 28, 2020
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Toscarel: 9:09am On Jan 30, 2020
Its cheaper and easier to use unlike the selfish and overrated apple mac

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by ChaseVibes(m): 9:09am On Jan 30, 2020
Hmmm

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Perfecttouchade: 9:09am On Jan 30, 2020
With OS, application download and usage is more easier.. thanks to Microsoft

2 Likes

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Jamexjulius(m): 9:10am On Jan 30, 2020
Microsoft should bring back our Windows 7 cry cry

Crowdsurdwork account is available for sale...... contact via sig.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Opexzy: 9:10am On Jan 30, 2020
Okay

1 Like

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 30, 2020
Nice writeup op....windows is good but Mac is best followed by Linux

19 Likes

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Escalze(m): 9:10am On Jan 30, 2020
As a developer, I can tell you that Windows is sh*t!

Mac and Ubuntu all the way.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by thesicilian: 9:10am On Jan 30, 2020
Many of us don't really care what operating system our computers have as long as the computer itself is affordable.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Jibsmth(m): 9:10am On Jan 30, 2020
Good...
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by DaddyMorenike: 9:10am On Jan 30, 2020
Linux is good too.

2 Likes

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by rapcy(m): 9:11am On Jan 30, 2020
True sha
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by solmusdesigns: 9:12am On Jan 30, 2020
even people using Apple macbook run Microsoft

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by lovinhubby2wife(m): 9:12am On Jan 30, 2020
Because it can be pirated...simple!!!

15 Likes

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Neoteny(m): 9:13am On Jan 30, 2020
Because the alternatives either require expensive hardware (MacOS) or are a bit nerdy and niche with little popular software support (Linux)

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by superfitsez(m): 9:13am On Jan 30, 2020
Toscarel:
Its cheaper and easier to use unlike the selfish and overrated apple mac
really bro,apple macs is the greatest like mo ali.. please don't even go there

1 Like

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 9:14am On Jan 30, 2020
Not only in Nigeria......
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by GEOANDSONS: 9:14am On Jan 30, 2020
Because it's comes as a the default OS in most laptop, cheaper and easier to use.

Also, Affordable & aassembled Home an Office Furnitures available

We deliver Nationwide

1 Like

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 30, 2020
I don't no why, I dint read thread.. I just use it
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 9:14am On Jan 30, 2020
Jamexjulius:
Microsoft should bring back our Windows 7 cry cry

Crowdsurdwork account is available for sale...... contact via sig.....

You can still install windows 7.......

2 Likes

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by MZrapper(f): 9:15am On Jan 30, 2020
How time flies.
Windows 7 now looks like a strange OS, I can't even imagine how I survived with it.

5 Likes

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by qanda: 9:15am On Jan 30, 2020
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Macnnoli4(m): 9:15am On Jan 30, 2020
All the computers and laptops I have used had windows OS
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by martowskin1(m): 9:15am On Jan 30, 2020
solmusdesigns:
even people using Apple macbook run Microsoft

U mean running windows on macbook?

1 Like

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 30, 2020
Windows will frustrate your life If you are using it for software development.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by solmusdesigns: 9:16am On Jan 30, 2020
martowskin1:

U mean running windows on macbook?

yes

1 Like

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by YINKS89(m): 9:17am On Jan 30, 2020
So far so good it's still the best and user friendly at the moment... Infact people get confused using Mac and that's because it's expensive and not common especially in Nigeria
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by blueghost(m): 9:17am On Jan 30, 2020
Different stokes for different folks

1 Like

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Jrevelation(m): 9:17am On Jan 30, 2020
Its simple and understandable for learner
Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Lordjb: 9:19am On Jan 30, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Nice writeup op....windows is good but Mac is best followed by Linux
absolutely cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria by Legalcriminal: 9:22am On Jan 30, 2020
It may not be the best but I like that unlike Mac where app looks like you’re using a chinko phone

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner / Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. / 5 Best Data Recovery Software 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.