Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,786 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

$4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs (57867 Views)

Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? / Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / My Senior Brother Has Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Nobody: 1:32am On Jan 30, 2020
abiolap89:
He his a citizen of that country nd he can't use western union cause he has no domincilary account nd besides he wanted to deliver goods to me so used d opportunity to stash the cash in there

Hahahahahahaha. Guy talk true jare. Na US I dey. Even illegal immigrants dey send money thru Western Union steady. So far as the recipient has a bank account in the receiving country, that money can be sent thru Western Union.

When you ready to talk true, na then we fit help you grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by UrVillagePpl: 1:36am On Jan 30, 2020
Teewhy2:
That money don go because it looks like a case of money laundering. Your brother would have bought like 2 Corolla 2005 and sending it to Nigeria with that money. The car will provide that money same week it leaves the port.
But how
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Nobody: 1:38am On Jan 30, 2020
Wickedtruths:
Alaye, your picker don play you foreign run you street.

Cunning man die, cunning man bury am.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is the funniest comment here

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Chaleeee: 1:47am On Jan 30, 2020
abiolap89:
He his a citizen of that country nd he can't use western union cause he has no domincilary account nd besides he wanted to deliver goods to me so used d opportunity to stash the cash in there

Get a lawyer and go to the customs office. You have not broken any law.

The Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 makes it illegal for any individual to accept or make any cash payment that exceeds N5m (Five Million Naira). This means that every cash transaction over N5m must be done via a financial institution.

Any person found guilty of contravening this is liable to imprisonment for a term of not less than 3 years or a fine of N10m (Ten Million Naira) or to both.

The limit is any money exceeding N 5m. You money is not up to 5 m.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by frank417: 1:48am On Jan 30, 2020
Use punctuations! My brain and eyes are bleeding
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Chaleeee: 1:50am On Jan 30, 2020
pDudd:

Hahahahahahaha. Guy talk true jare. Na US I dey. Even illegal immigrants dey send money thru Western Union steady. So far as the recipient has a bank account in the receiving country, that money can be sent thru Western Union.

maybe him no wnt make bank or agent chop from the money or he needs dollars for a specific reason.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by InvertedHammer: 1:59am On Jan 30, 2020
abiolap89:
/
That's an illicit fund.

\

2 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by seunmohmoh(f): 2:13am On Jan 30, 2020
Lexusgs430:

To start with, your brothers foolish idea of stashing cash, was straight from an asylum.......

Has he or you never heard of money transfer services?....

I get it, he is allergic to paying transfer fees..... Serves both of you right........ wink
Who will pay for the transfer fee. Op or the brother?
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by cococandy(f): 2:22am On Jan 30, 2020
fergieboy:

Yes na

The money can even buy 3 corolla sef

Where the koko they na shipping fee and clearing at the port here

Really? I have a feeling it will be either stolen vehicles or the vehicle will be in bad shape
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Ashirioluwa: 2:32am On Jan 30, 2020
abiolap89:
My brother sent me a parcel from abroad using FedEx freight shipment in the parcel he stashed $4800 in it when the parcel arrived at Nigeria at there headquarters in abuja I was asked to pay custom fee which was N17750 and home delivery N15750 after that I was mailed that after unboxing and reboxing for clearance money was found and it placed on ban and I can't go to abuja to claim it because am in Lagos please what should I do. Who are the neccesary agency I can talk to. Nairalander please help me out.
Blame your brother for this because individuals are not allow to freight / ship currencies. No country in the world will allow that. There is so many app one can use to send money to Nigeria from USA
Bosss Revolution (Fee $3.99 to send $1000). You are only allow to send $2999 per month
Western Union (Fee $10 to $15 to send $1000)
Ping Express (Fee $13 to send $1000)
These apps will send it straight to bank account in Nigeria

Maybe the money is not legitimate. I am 100% sure that the money is not declare to Fedex at point of shipment.

1 Like

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by sharena(m): 2:56am On Jan 30, 2020
grandiose4ever:
Why parcel?
What happened to using world remit, transfer wise etc.
Worldremit does not take up to 5mins the money is in your account self, this guy ain't telling us the whole story

1 Like

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Lexusgs430: 3:08am On Jan 30, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Who will pay for the transfer fee. Op or the brother?

They did not want to pay, hence seizure....... Customs and FG don hammer......... smiley
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Thunday1005(m): 3:15am On Jan 30, 2020
for this era u still dey smuggle cash, why not wire transfer or btc
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Gboliwe: 3:19am On Jan 30, 2020
abiolap89:

Mumu

So citizens don't use WU

Who says you need a dorm account to use WU

You have been scammed.

SMH
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by WeRblessed(f): 3:31am On Jan 30, 2020
Please stay away before you get arrested for money laundering. Your brother should not send more than one thousand dollars cash from the USA. Also, he should not leave the USA with over five thousand dollars without declaring it. He should have wired it to your bank account or send it through money gram.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by bendazum: 3:37am On Jan 30, 2020
abiolap89:
My brother sent me a parcel from abroad using FedEx freight shipment in the parcel he stashed $4800 in it when the parcel arrived at Nigeria at there headquarters in abuja I was asked to pay custom fee which was N17750 and home delivery N15750 after that I was mailed that after unboxing and reboxing for clearance money was found and it placed on ban and I can't go to abuja to claim it because am in Lagos please what should I do. Who are the neccesary agency I can talk to. Nairalander please help me out.

Using the word 'stash' suggests that he was trying to illegally smuggle money to you without detection.

He could have openly declared the money. There are many legal ways he could have sent you money or is his hustle not legit?
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Hottdawgg: 4:06am On Jan 30, 2020
frowland:

It's a scam. The narrative have scam written all over it. He will then be asked to pay 1k$ to claim 4800$.
They knew he was in Lagos so they used Abj. If he was in Abj they would have shifted their location to Lagos.

The guy who scammed him is in Lagos. He may be no more than 2miles away
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by johnaruson(m): 4:12am On Jan 30, 2020
You may have been scammed: Why not billed to Lagos initially? Why pay such a huge bill to clear a small parcel? Why didn't sender wire the money. Goto freight tracking website. You have been scammed. Kalas.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Blazebond(m): 4:14am On Jan 30, 2020
That money is now the property of the federal government,besides i think it is illegal to send cash that way,it has been banned.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by delishpot: 4:18am On Jan 30, 2020
@Abiolap89 Dem Don chop you mugu ooo. Look well now its not even your brother. Most likely someone you befriended on Facebook. The oldest scam on fb. Or some random dud found your number and you fell mugu for his gist.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by delishpot: 4:22am On Jan 30, 2020
abiolap89:

LoL, see fabu he told you sha ��
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by oladele239(m): 4:24am On Jan 30, 2020
Money that would HV been used to purchase Bitcoin and then d Bitcoin sent to. Who still does what u juz did
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by delishpot: 4:24am On Jan 30, 2020
hrykanu231:

Stash? That will only imply that, he is trying to evade a whole lot. Now for records purpose, if the said parcel had gotten to you alongisde the money. How do we now have statistics of cash remitted from the diaspora?

Forget talk, na scam dem Don scam that guy. No be his real brother, he just dey use that scope to make us not judge him for thinking that a stranger will just dash him cash. Na format them use for am.

3 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Ten06(m): 5:08am On Jan 30, 2020
Are you sure it is your brother that sent you the parcel or it is those yahoo boys claiming to you many years ago that are playing on your intelligence? If it is your brother why will he send money through a parcel when he can easily transfer the money directly to your account? I also have brothers in different countries abroad they don't send money through parcel to me.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Ten06(m): 5:13am On Jan 30, 2020
delishpot:

Forget talk, na scam dem Don scam that guy. No be his real brother, he just dey use that scope to make us not judge him for thinking that a stranger will just dash him cash. Na format them use for am.
You are right bro the guy is being scam big time. My church member has also been scam like this until I got to know about it before she was able to realize
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by SmartMugu: 5:16am On Jan 30, 2020
abiolap89:
You don't need domiciliary accounts to send money through Western Union. There are tonnes of alternatives to Western Union he could have used. There is more to the story.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by ekerintee: 5:16am On Jan 30, 2020
Every money that goes out of Europe is being monitored ,even any money you recieved.if there is any suspicion ,you will be invited by the police.i wonder how it is so easy for people to move so much money from Nigeria and Africa without being detected.in the first place,the person who sent the money didnt go thru the right channel ,evaded tax from the money,so it is even an offence for the person.in some cases,he will be investigated to know the source of the money.Even money sent thru western union is monitored ,that money is not a small money abroad .so the custom has a right to sieze and investigate it .it's either you lose it or you pay tax or some corrupt government official share it with you
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Empiree: 5:21am On Jan 30, 2020
pDudd:

guy, don't pressure him to talk. A lot happen but I won't say much. He definitely knows there are several legal ways to send money but this receiver most likely doesn't even know his brother's condition.

First all, you guys are just talkin and you have no idea what his US brother's going through.

Second, sending such money at once like that raises red flag. They require his ID and he fills special form detailing his income.

These things may trigger investigation which he wanted to avoid which was the reason he used this means. Unfortunately things happen.

There are times you send money through WU, MG etc that raise red flags but you people keep talking about he should have used WU. You think you can just send such amount like that?. That amount is huge in the eyes of the law. Although, they may overlook the first time but if he send another equivalent amount or just a little less withing short period of time it will trigger investigation. You guys don't understand.

I'm not suggesting he's may be doing illegal stuff. If this is the case then I don't support it. But I am saying that even if his source of income is legal and he's making cool cash he can't just send money anyhow. You never know if his brother has been sending money legally consecutively until he decided to send this huge amount. Doing so would trigger investigation in the US if sent through WU etc.

WU agent may have been informed authority to keep tab on him.

My advise for this guy is, he should call Abuja office and talk to supervisor for possible resolution. But one thing is clear if they decide to release the money, it is gonna be half and half. This in itself is illegal but at least this is nija.

abiolap89
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by EgunMogaji2: 5:32am On Jan 30, 2020
Ashirioluwa:

Blame your brother for this because individuals are not allow to freight / ship currencies. No country in the world will allow that. There is so many app one can use to send money to Nigeria from USA
Bosss Revolution (Fee $3.99 to send $1000). You are only allow to send $2999 per month
Western Union (Fee $10 to $15 to send $1000)
Ping Express (Fee $13 to send $1000)
These apps will send it straight to bank account in Nigeria

Maybe the money is not legitimate. I am 100% sure that the money is not declare to Fedex at point of shipment.

There’s no limit on Boss Revolution but you have to validate your identity. I’ve personally sent over $10K in a month and others have too.

2 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by EgunMogaji2: 5:33am On Jan 30, 2020
WeRblessed:
Please stay away before you get arrested for money laundering. Your brother should not send more than one thousand dollars cash from the USA. Also, he should not leave the USA with over five thousand dollars without declaring it. He should have wired it to your bank account or send it through money gram.

The declaration limit is $10,000 not $5,000

1 Like

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by felixawe(m): 6:00am On Jan 30, 2020
sunnymix:
which app do you use for your btc wallet
I used luno, BLOCKCHAIN ,bitpay even coinbase
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Nobody: 6:01am On Jan 30, 2020
You've been scammed with package.

The money you paid twice is gone and they will request more from you.

Na yahoo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Visits Sugar Refinery And Plantation In Kwara State / Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce / Tony Elumelu Eating Roasted Corn Inside Plane, Dele Momodu Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.