Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,486 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

$4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs (57866 Views)

Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? / Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / My Senior Brother Has Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 30, 2020
post=86216484:
Firstly , an average Nigerian will say Get a good lawyer NOW with all your documentations to back it up!!!
.......but on a 2nd look at the story,
There is more to it that meet the eye.

To start with.........

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Happyguy201: 6:06am On Jan 30, 2020
tell your brother i said he is an idiot . we have western union money gram ria money transfer and other services available to receive money he foolishly sent it by fedex this is not 1950s
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by OnyesomJ(m): 6:25am On Jan 30, 2020
Nigeria System don spoil Finish
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by babslepe: 6:30am On Jan 30, 2020
frowland:

Sure it's your brother? Sounds like a scam to me. Please don't send any money to anyone AGAIN. which one is custom fee and home delivery fee? If you paid this fee to personal account (which is very obvious) then your money is gone.
this one is a scam all fedex packages arrive In lagos first before going to other parts of the country so I don’t see any logic in his claims

1 Like

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by 5chrisade: 6:30am On Jan 30, 2020
Very unfortunate. Use western union, bank transfer or bitcoin transfer next time. After getting the bitcoin, use luno to convert to naira.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by fabienjoe: 6:43am On Jan 30, 2020
post=86216484:
Firstly , an average Nigerian will say Get a good lawyer NOW with all your documentations to back it up!!!
.......but on a 2nd look at the story,
There is more to it that meet the eye.

To start with.........

No lawyer can crack this one. This is a case of money laundering, if I manage to make sense of it. going the legal way will certainly lead to the confiscation of the cash and investigation of both the sender and the receiver. The only small window to explore would be direct negotiation with those having the cash.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by DavidEsq(m): 7:03am On Jan 30, 2020
abiolap89:
My brother sent me a parcel from abroad using FedEx freight shipment in the parcel he stashed $4800 in it when the parcel arrived at Nigeria at there headquarters in abuja I was asked to pay custom fee which was N17750 and home delivery N15750 after that I was mailed that after unboxing and reboxing for clearance money was found and it placed on ban and I can't go to abuja to claim it because am in Lagos please what should I do. Who are the neccesary agency I can talk to. Nairalander please help me out.
I don't understand what u wrote there. Pls rewrite, with the proper use of punctuation marks. Na the provoke dey make u write error? grin
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by CrownWale93(m): 7:08am On Jan 30, 2020
Bros na true, e be like say the guy don enter am.
Old format scammer don scam am.
Catchfirez:
Money laundering act straight to Jail. Don't even try to go there, na straight to prison. Talk true na your maga send the money.

By the way what's your package doing in Abuja when you are in Lagos. I believe you are being scammed or there is more to your story.

You for a old scam that as been existing since the time of Blackberry messenger. They will show you invoice and receipt of the shipping company. Guy you don pay mugu money.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Contumely: 7:25am On Jan 30, 2020
Teewhy2:
That money don go because it looks like a case of money laundering. Your brother would have bought like 2 Corolla 2005 and sending it to Nigeria with that money. The car will provide that money same week it leaves the port.

Are cars not hard to sell? That car can stay for 2 months without being sold.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by klax(m): 7:48am On Jan 30, 2020
abiolap89:
My brother sent me a parcel from abroad using FedEx freight shipment in the parcel he stashed $4800 in it when the parcel arrived at Nigeria at there headquarters in abuja I was asked to pay custom fee which was N17750 and home delivery N15750 after that I was mailed that after unboxing and reboxing for clearance money was found and it placed on ban and I can't go to abuja to claim it because am in Lagos please what should I do. Who are the neccesary agency I can talk to. Nairalander please help me out.

Bro nay! nay!! nay!!! you are not saying the truth. No sane Nigerian living abroad will send such cash via postage bro its not possible. There are 100s of money transfer company that can do the transaction with no stress then why raw cash of such amount posted

Moreso you live in Nigeria, you know how the country is running right now yet you think such money will be given to you just like that Bro pls say something else ok. I dont want say say its from one of your maga because I cant accuse you of such but forget you will get the cash easily. Thanks
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by akudinaobi(m): 7:49am On Jan 30, 2020
Cross there your jailed
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 30, 2020
Story story, who da hell sends money through courier? grin In this Days of www.com?
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by eodavids(m): 8:07am On Jan 30, 2020
Was it concealed?

Or was it explicit?

Concealing the content of parcel may be construed as fraudulent attempt to evade the required duty.

But, I wish to ask: what happened to western union money transfer and other means of sending money from abroad?
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by govomotors: 8:10am On Jan 30, 2020
Something is fishy here:

1. Parcel intended for Lagos will not be send to Abuja for pickup by any courier service.

2. Parcel sent by courier services are not repack at destination or locally.

3. If their are issues with your package, upon arrival you will be invited for pickup and taking for questioning.

4. No Nigerian abroad send money by post or courier service. Again, I say no Nigerian does that.

5. When last you spoke to you brother on his number known to you. Not him calling you.

6. Anyone that can save $5,000 abroad is wise enough and knows the various channels to move his money to Nigeria without anyone knowing.

Since we are smelling a dead rat, this is what you do.

1. Call the so-called custom number you communicate with, tell him/her that you are at Custom Head quarters and you are being asked which office are you visiting.

The scammer will tell you he/she is not in the office now but you can meet him/her at so so so place.

Or

2. Just let go of what you already lost and move on.

2 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by moorevic(m): 8:14am On Jan 30, 2020
Catchfirez:
Money laundering act straight to Jail. Don't even try to go there, na straight to prison. Talk true na your maga send the money.

By the way what's your package doing in Abuja when you are in Lagos. I believe you are being scammed or there is more to your story.

You for a old scam that as been existing since the time of Blackberry messenger. They will show you invoice and receipt of the shipping company. Guy you don pay mugu money.

You just said the whole truth. His being scammed. shipment lands in Lagos and if its via a courier dhll or whatsoever, the messenger would head straight the address written on the manifest.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Mruwa1(m): 8:19am On Jan 30, 2020
D question u get FedEx tracking number and u track am say d parcel dey abj I get why I ask dis question after I read ur write up
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by fergieboy: 8:28am On Jan 30, 2020
cococandy:

Really? I have a feeling it will be either stolen vehicles or the vehicle will be in bad shape
Accidental cars
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by ffo(m): 8:36am On Jan 30, 2020
abiolap89:
He his a citizen of that country nd he can't use western union cause he has no domincilary account nd besides he wanted to deliver goods to me so used d opportunity to stash the cash in there

you dont need to have domiciliary account to send money through western union and besides there lots of ways of receiving or sending money from abroad electronically if you dont want to use western union
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by sunnymix: 8:39am On Jan 30, 2020
felixawe:
I used luno, BLOCKCHAIN ,bitpay even coinbase
thanks bro
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by sunnymix: 8:40am On Jan 30, 2020
Xclusiveme:

Blockchain is the best
okay it's on play store right
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Viicfuntop(f): 8:49am On Jan 30, 2020
abiolap89:
He his a citizen of that country nd he can't use western union cause he has no domincilary account nd besides he wanted to deliver goods to me so used d opportunity to stash the cash in there

He should have told you to open a domicillary account. This was a blunder. A stupid mistake that could have been avoided, except your brother didn’t actually send that money and he is lying. I actually think the latter
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Viicfuntop(f): 8:51am On Jan 30, 2020
Lifestone:
You've been scammed. The so called brother na audio, there is no parcel, there is no dollar.
This format is old I don't know why you fell for it. Count your losses and move on. A word is enough. But I doubt if you are wise.

I haven’t even fallen for one before and I could tell it’s a scam
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by maasoap(m): 8:51am On Jan 30, 2020
Lifestone:
You've been scammed. The so called brother na audio, there is no parcel, there is no dollar.
This format is old I don't know why you fell for it. Count your losses and move on. A word is enough. But I doubt if you are wise.

So, instead, he was defrauded! 17750 and 15750 naira?
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by charlito94(m): 9:03am On Jan 30, 2020
abiolap89:

Get a lawyer and go n get your goods n money. Just that the only issue u will face will be that your money was not sent through an authorized dealer an may be faced with charges like smuggling of counterfeit currency.
Just go with a lawyer n press harder.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by tope24(m): 9:06am On Jan 30, 2020
abiolap89:

I am really sorry about your experience, it is saddening. You must be very lucky for the Staff if FedEx that brought to your attention, the cash found in your package. Experience has shown that monies found in packages during routine customs inspection for valuation, doesn't see the light of day, as customs officials steal that money. Also, they believe cash like that belongs to fraudsters, as that has been their modus operandi, since stiffer checks have been placed on Western Union and other money transfer platforms.

However do you get the cash? I doubt you will be able to retrieve such monies except you go through a higher authority in customs. FedEx on the other hand will not compensate you for the cash, as it was not declared at the point of shipping, hence your brother shipped it knowing the risks involved.

Come to think of it, why would your brother send that much cash in a package that can be tampered with anywhere? cos of bank's exchange rate? cash is illegit? wire fraud? it beats my imagination honestly.

I hope and pray you get it resolved.

Shallom.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by seangy4konji: 9:24am On Jan 30, 2020
wetin concern me concern check spell...i no force you to read na..na u no get work
PaulSimon2020:
Damn bro, you killed English here. Next time, abeg write in your dialect! grin grin
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Lifestone(m): 9:43am On Jan 30, 2020
Viicfuntop:

I haven’t even fallen for one before and I could tell it’s a scam
It's so obvious
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by eldeens: 9:44am On Jan 30, 2020
MoonandStar:
'you can't go to Abuja to reclaim it because you're in Lagos' abi what did I just read? Stay there and let the money sort itself out and come and meet you in Lagos, it's obvious that you don't really need the money. Please kindly give it anything it'll take to get that money but your brother shouldn't have sent cash na.

Abeg tell him

We are taking of 1.7m and he is saying he can't go to Abuja because he is in Lagos, how much is return ticket to Abuja and back to Lagos,

These guys are not clean, scammers has been scammed. Wehdone Custom. Next time you and your brother will do it in a legit way.

1 Like

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by eldeens: 9:46am On Jan 30, 2020
We are taking of 1.7m and he is saying he can't go to Abuja because he is in Lagos, how much is return ticket to Abuja and back to Lagos,

These guys are not clean, scammers has been scammed. Next time you and your brother will do it in a legit way.

Kudos to the Nigerian Custom, next na SARS go handle u.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Benrosaria(m): 10:16am On Jan 30, 2020
Brother as long as that money wasn’t included in the list of items to be sent to you, na overboard like this. And why would you be in Lagos to get a package in Abuja.
FedEx is different from NPS. So I don’t know why you have to pay over here for delivery to your house. I smell scam here bloke
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by kkulaja(m): 10:26am On Jan 30, 2020
fabienjoe:

No lawyer can crack this one. This is a case of money laundering, if I manage to make sense of it. going the legal way will certainly lead to the confiscation of the cash and investigation of both the sender and the receiver. The only small window to explore would be direct negotiation with those having the cash.

Negotiate and pay more maga money
There is no money, even parcel no land anywhere
Na scammer/ur brother agents still dey seat u local
He knows there is no case in dis one, nobody u can report to as it will be a case of money laundering.

The only thing u can do at this time is to try tracking any of ur brothers agent report them to Sars or efcc and let other people preferably a lady. call the phone pretending to be someone else , so u can apprehend one of dem it will shock you to know that ur brother is In abule egba
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by kkulaja(m): 10:40am On Jan 30, 2020
eldeens:

These guys are not clean, scammers has been scammed. Next time you and your brother will do it in a legit way.

Kudos to the Nigerian Custom, next na SARS go handle u.

Him self him way no pure
He cannot prove the sender is really his brother
He wants to reap where he did not sow

Who will risk sending that kind of money stashed in a parcel.
Plus the Abuja/lagos story is a scammer tale

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Visits Sugar Refinery And Plantation In Kwara State / Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce / Tony Elumelu Eating Roasted Corn Inside Plane, Dele Momodu Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.