Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth (19729 Views)

Xenophobic Rage: Why We Don’t Want To Return Home / Boko Haram Lived In My Home For 8 Months When PDP Was In Power -buba Marwa / Governor Kashim Shettima Cries As Kaka Shehu Lawan Steps Down For Zulum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by emmatony: 5:31am On Jan 29, 2020
Babagana Zulum, governor of Borno state, says telling the truth is a problem in Nigeria.

Zulum said this on Tuesday while delivering a lecture at the National Defence College in Abuja.

His audience included senior military officers and policymakers within and outside Nigeria.

Zulum said the unwillingness of persons in the corridors of power to tell leaders truth about issues and the unwillingness of leaders themselves to hear the truth, are some of the major problems confronting leadership in Nigeria.

“A strategic leader must be a strategic listener and reader. A strategic thinker must also be a strategic learner. A strategic leader must be willing to hear the truth and to learn,” he said.

“However, telling the truth and accepting the truth has been our major problems in Nigeria. Some people will never tell you the truth when you are in power and honestly, many of us in power also do not want to hear the truth, we prefer to be told what we like to hear and that is a serious deficit in strategic leadership.”

Zulum had honoured an invitation by the college, to deliver a paper with the titled “Strategic leadership: The challenges of Insurgency in Borno State.”

The governor discussed different aspects of strategic leadership, situating them with Nigeria’s in the last 50 years.

He also gave an account of experience working as commissioner from 2011 to 2015 and as governor in the last eight months.

Early in January, the governor came down hard on soldiers manning Damaturu-Maiduguri road whom he accused of extorting road users.

The army, however, said the accusation could affect the fight against Boko Haram.
https://www.thecable.ng/zulum-many-of-us-in-power-dont-want-to-hear-the-truth?fbclid=IwAR0xVXvIxpjy7puQMCaVrZrAD9fZa8XnJbGYCgUbLecwoN2y5ymCME93sIo

9 Likes

Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by DeomoviesI: 5:37am On Jan 29, 2020
The truth is bitter, it can be a deficit in strategic leadership because you're in power... You feel youre the one to make things right and you don't want to be controlled with talks, so you put things into action on your own even if it is bad path you're taking. That's why you've advisers, public opinions. Listening to them makes you a better leader, this is democracy era. You can get high definition movies and series into external drive and pc including DOCTOR SLEEP, POWER (up to S6E14) (zero,eight,one,four,four,two,three,eight,three,two,seven)

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by Jh0wsef(m): 6:02am On Jan 29, 2020
l
Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by CallMeDrino: 6:02am On Jan 29, 2020
grin
Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by crownwealth: 6:03am On Jan 29, 2020
Yes oooo

Like the fraudulent Major General who promised heaven on earth but gave insecurity, economic woes, darkness and death.

Yet, he keep promising and lying of delivering the promised CHANGE & NEXT LEVEL.

His attack dogs like Garbage Sehu, Alhaji Femi Adesina, Alhaji Lie Mohammed and the online miscreants are ever ready to defend and prevent their failed master from reading the truth.

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 29, 2020
Even the citizens nko, we don't wana hear the truth... We support each other blindly, some by religion, some by tribe.. We ain't straight with each other, we cover our kinsmen even when the numbers are clear dt it's evil but no, we support them.

Some useless citizen mobs a poor man but hail a rich man dt has stolen all their wealth.

It's not an offence to be rich but denying others for ur own gain is evil and that is what our politicians do. They clamour financial freedom for us and after it has been granted, same people go behind our back and steal it for themselves.

One thing I learnt from these two books

Richest man in Babylon
Rich Dad Poor dad

U can never get rich when u work for money. Don't depend on ur salary to make u rich bcox it can never make u rich

No matter how small it is today, learn to invest in sumtin and watch it grow.. It it's too small to invest today, it may be too small to invest tmao too.. Start with the little today.

This new year, I must make sumtin dt will benefit me in years to come. All. I need is a comfortable life

Gud morning

Cc: Petyprincess InfernoNig

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by phransix2: 6:04am On Jan 29, 2020
I agree to the fact they don't want to tell the truth and hear the truth...

Just like PMB now, his government is not doing well he won't accept that as the truth.... He then employed Lai Mohammed and Femi Adesina to keep telling him and Nigerians lies...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by Simplebeauty: 6:04am On Jan 29, 2020
grin

Oga the table you are shaking has Major General Buhari on it oh

15 Likes

Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by extol1(m): 6:05am On Jan 29, 2020
you said the true Mr governor but I am very sure that you don't practice it as well.

2 Likes

Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by Brandstudio01: 6:06am On Jan 29, 2020
Tell those behind the Social Media Bill sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by MurphyTheory99(m): 6:07am On Jan 29, 2020
Of course, your selfish attitude always gets the best of you. often times than not you guys are mostly dumb and the majority are illiterates.

What the qualification for president again? Secondary school cert. I guess. In this day and age. What a pity.
Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by ForeThinker: 6:07am On Jan 29, 2020
Fact
Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by Nobody: 6:07am On Jan 29, 2020
WILL HE WANT NNAMDI KANU TO TELL HIM THE TRUTH?

EVEN NIGERIANS DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE SOME TRUTHS ABOUT THE MAN IN ASOROCK
Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by Nobody: 6:07am On Jan 29, 2020
Truth like your people are dying on a daily and you don't care except for the money and power
Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by Goodcare(m): 6:08am On Jan 29, 2020
Thank God you know.....

Some people are even scared to speak the truth....

Please don't forget to call me for your CCTV installation and configurations
070*667*443*18
Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by Staro: 6:08am On Jan 29, 2020
This man has shown empathy in governance
ever since he was elected

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by Yankiss(m): 6:08am On Jan 29, 2020
Zulum has said the truth. Many people get to know the raw truth, to their shock, when they are out of power and not in a position to do shit. When in power, they are as drunk as they come. No time for truth or anybody.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by emmabest2000(m): 6:09am On Jan 29, 2020
They don't want to here the TRUTH
Because all their words are danm Lies

7 Likes

Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by MarkT30: 6:09am On Jan 29, 2020
Don't pour your heart into politics if you aren't a politician
Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by solmusdesigns: 6:09am On Jan 29, 2020
cool

Best northern Governor goes to the duo of Ganduje and Zullum

truly Education stands you out

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by Onyekwelucj(m): 6:11am On Jan 29, 2020
Speak on my man,may God almighty always guide u sir
Jh0wsef:
l
Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by henryhemon(m): 6:11am On Jan 29, 2020
pickatyou:
Truth like your people are dying on a daily and you don't care except for the money and power

Do you anything about this guy??

3 Likes

Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by crownwealth: 6:11am On Jan 29, 2020
solmusdesigns:
Best northern Governor goes to the duo of Ganduje and Zullum

With best insecurity and death, right?
Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by Austema(m): 6:11am On Jan 29, 2020
Thank you for that biter truth, I know Baba will
not like you for this statement.
Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by henryhemon(m): 6:11am On Jan 29, 2020
pickatyou:

Or you just type anything because your hand is scratching you??

2 Likes

Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by Auxtin85(m): 6:12am On Jan 29, 2020
Thank God this man is only APC by association.

I just got back from a 1 month ban, the mod that banned me thought If he hand me 1 month ban I won’t receive my January salary.

Pls that dead meat seller should avoid my post and comments here, nobody violates rules like that fellow here but his/her immunity won’t allow them ban him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by Cindycruzz: 6:13am On Jan 29, 2020
angry
Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by Renforce: 6:13am On Jan 29, 2020
True talk sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by PureGoldh(m): 6:14am On Jan 29, 2020
Dx country matter big pass zuma rock...

Meanwhile, Call/Whatsapp 081 016 667 71 if you need Pure Original Unadulterated Honey.. Thanks
Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by Jabioro: 6:14am On Jan 29, 2020
I concur with this man..and that is exactly what's happening at top..The dulladeen at top was not being brief with the truth by his security LTs, all they told him was that we are winning, progress is on si.Hence he himself do not read daily news paper,he doesn't listen to any other radio station apart from outdated FRSN stations on SW/MW band with refurbished FM tools, NTA with poor pictures,with pot belly presenters..He refused to go on internet,let him even come on nairaland..na lie he was so busy with economical truth from no where to no where.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by solmusdesigns: 6:15am On Jan 29, 2020
crownwealth:

With best insecurity and death, right?

Secuirity is on the Exclussive list handled by FG and not Concurent list, even in terms of secuirity he bouth operational vehicles and donated it to Army for patrols

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum: Many Of Us In Power Don’t Want To Hear The Truth by Lynx001: 6:15am On Jan 29, 2020
.While some have truth resistant/lie absorber aides. They are in auto-lie mode. E.g lai mohammed. Some where good,intelligence,outspoken and had sense. But they entered politics and obeyed a key principle in politics. Dont talk while eating. e.g femi adesina,festus keyamo,oshiomole When these ones talk, na nonsense dem dey talk.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dayo Isreal, Tonye Cole Inaugurate Jagaban Footsoldiers Movement In Rivers / On Biafra And Lower Niger / Melaye: No One Not Even Buhari Or Saraki Should Have Immunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.