Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary (2469 Views)

Why Tinubu Must Sack His US Lawyer By Festus Adedayo (The Cable) / Gen Innocent Orji Share A New Facebook Update After Nigeria Army Sack His Camp / Tinubu Warned Not To Sack His Aide For Covering Nose Over Wet Cloth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by Honbright(m): 2:14pm On Jan 29, 2020
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye ignited the wrath of Twitter users after he recalled how he told his "son" to sack his secretary because he told him that he is excited to resume at work every Monday because he will get to see his secretary.

According to the RCCG General Overseer, he told his son to sack his secretary because no one is worth his marriage. 

He went on to admonish married men and women on spending time with people who are not their spouse.

The disclosure which came off a tweet, sparked off a controversy as some Nigerians called him out for making an "innocent lady lose her job".

Here is the tweet and reactions below:
https://www.voiceairmedia.com/2020/01/nigerians-react-as-pastor-adeboye-tells.html

Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by setobaba: 2:15pm On Jan 29, 2020
But why
Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by OjoMadiba: 2:22pm On Jan 29, 2020
O- boy....... I no fit shout.
Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by TwoBottles: 2:25pm On Jan 29, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by ThiagoKid(m): 2:29pm On Jan 29, 2020
The pastor is a real niggarr
Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by Chamber2000: 2:32pm On Jan 29, 2020
If only Pastor Adeboye can stay away from social media because he always makes controversial statement that makes one cringe
Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by Chamber2000: 2:33pm On Jan 29, 2020
I doubt if Pastor Adeboye knows that his Son is a pain in the neck.

That boy exudes everything that's not right with being called a Pastor Adeboye son
Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by Chamber2000: 2:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
An Innocent lady lost her job because an idiot can't seem to grow up and focus on his marriage.

Spits on that stupid son

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by kiddoiLL(m): 2:57pm On Jan 29, 2020
Apparently his defenders are quoting the Bible saying if your right hand will lead you into sin you should cut it off...No one is pointing out the guy should've resigned then.. Bloody hypocrites, and you still question why people tend to support Daddy Freeze each time he comes for your heads?..
You have to wonder if these Nigerian pastors are under Christ or rather they have the power to pass judgement on people

Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by Jimi24: 3:05pm On Jan 29, 2020
SMH
What kind of country is this?. Where are we going as a country when 3/4 of the young people (Indomie Generation) have no brains? Brains have been fried by BBN, social media and evil politicians.

*Now look and get understanding*

1.Pastor Adeboye's sons = Spiritual Sons
Men who are students of scripture under Adeboye. He is their direct mentor.
Most of them are pastors, captains of industry, top bankers and civil servants.
PASTOR ADEBOYE'S 'SONS' ARE MOSTLY NOT HIS BIOLOGICAL SONS.
Osinbajo (VP) is an Adeboye son. If you dont understand this, we shall restrain myself not to insult you.

2. "Sack that secretary " = sometimes affection is unGodly and can be a snare from the devil against your marriage and your faith. You have to remove EVERYTHING with potential to work against your salvation. EVERYTHING!
When a Christian removes a worker because his affections for that worker is getting threatening to his faith or marriage, you can be sure he will find ANOTHER job assignment for that worker. It is almost 100% sure that the worker herself would be counselled and spiritually helped in that new job not to be a snare to others. It might be a familiar spirit with that worker or something innocent. It does not matter.

Some women and some men have natural attractiveness that is God given
It is like a talent. Not necesarily satanic.

However, both the God given and the satanically acquired attractiveness WILL eventually be used against christians or men/women of God.
It is a certainty SO we must be watchful, prayerful and ready to do the drastic things necessary.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by edoairways: 3:16pm On Jan 29, 2020
His son in this instance isn't his biological son people should read in between the lines. He is referring to his pastors having a female a secretary which is may not be too ideal. As part of check and balances to reduce the scandalous act prevalent among pastors, he advice's his pastors not to have a female secretary.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by Arrewa: 3:21pm On Jan 29, 2020
All religions have deficiencies in their writings but by and large Christianity is the biggest fraud of them all. They are the only one that says you must follow Jesus to go to heaven. What a boatload of TRASH that is.
The same Jesus was son of God and God at the same time - Another fraud.
Jesus was born my immaculate conception - biggest fraud in the bible.
Jesus has been coming back since more than 2000 years ago - Big fraud. He's dead and he aint coming back. He died just like other human being that had their hearth stopped pumping blood. The rest is just Hollywood fantasy story written by the Romans to control the rest of the world.

Close to 70 PERCENT of the WORLD POPULATION are not even Christians, so you are telling me that they are all going to hell?

Most that are Christians were born into the religion, that means that GOD has already punished about 70 percent of the world when they were born into other religions. I beg save me the trash. That means that God himself is mean by allowing most of the world population to be born into regions where Christianity is not prevalant. I doubt that.

My world outlook is to be good to others, and treat people the way you want to be treated. If there's heaven, then you will make it.

Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by Donaldoni: 3:27pm On Jan 29, 2020
He is right

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
Donaldoni:
He is right
He's right and wrong...
Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by Biodun556(m): 3:35pm On Jan 29, 2020
I will wait for daddy freeze
Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 29, 2020
Most Christians profess "LOVE" with their mouths BUT in their hearts they are DEVILS.
Nuff said...
Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by farem: 4:07pm On Jan 29, 2020
Ff
Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by Jimi24: 4:10pm On Jan 29, 2020
Arrewa:
All religions have deficiencies in their writings but by and large Christianity is the biggest fraud of them all. They are the only one that says you must follow Jesus to go to heaven. What a boatload of TRASH that is.
The same Jesus was son of God and God at the same time - Another fraud.
Jesus was born my immaculate conception - biggest fraud in the bible.
Jesus has been coming back since more than 2000 years ago - Big fraud. He's dead and he aint coming back. He died just like other human being that had their hearth stopped pumping blood. The rest is just Hollywood fantasy story written by the Romans to control the rest of the world.

Close to 70 PERCENT of the WORLD POPULATION are not even Christians, so you are telling me that they are all going to hell?

Most that are Christians were born into the religion, that means that GOD has already punished about 70 percent of the world when they were born into other religions. I beg save me the trash. That means that God himself is mean by allowing most of the world population to be born into regions where Christianity is not prevalant. I doubt that.

My world outlook is to be good to others, and treat people the way you want to be treated. If there's heaven, then you will make it.

Who told you christianity is a religion?
So it is you that is the LIAR.
Christ never said anything about any religion. In fact, christ completely destroyed the Judaism religion.

You are saying 70% of the world was not born christian. Of course. Even the 30% that were born christian,many, maybe 70% of them wont make heaven.

Christ is the light of God. He is also LOVE.
Love is anti religion, anti tribe, anti race.
All those 70% of the world not born into christianity?. Wait until you see many of them in heaven. God is a God of justice.
I believe being born into a religion under than christianity is just a minor challenge from a curse about mistakes of fathers being passed on to children. Many will overcome that challenge and give their lives to Christ.

There is nothing narrow, restricted or parochial about christianity.
Most Nigerian christians are materialistic or practice political christianity and wont make heaven. If you are a christian you WONT hate muslims, hindus, budhists or african native religion people. You will pray for them to find christ because you yourself dont belong to a religion. You follow christ.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by Donaldoni: 4:21pm On Jan 29, 2020
Omoluabi9:
He's right and wrong...

How is he wrong The lady was out to ruin the man... embarassed
Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by Kendumazy(m): 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2020
This thread will be interesting. People go argue tire. Let me sit down and watch.
Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by Xisnin(m): 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2020
kiddoiLL:
Apparently his defenders are quoting the Bible saying if your right hand will lead you into sin you should cut it off...No one is pointing out the guy should've resigned then.. Bloody hypocrites, and you still question why people tend to support Daddy Freeze each time he comes for your heads?..
You have to wonder if these Nigerian pastors are under Christ or rather they have the power to pass judgement on people
How will a business owner resign to save the secretary's job?
Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by Lagbaja01(m): 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2020
I'm here to read comments. grin
Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by kiddoiLL(m): 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2020
Xisnin:

How will a business owner resign to save the secretary's job?
Yes but it's right to sack the lady for no goddamned reason just because his own son can't control his own sense of reasoning and probably his interactions with women....
Since he's always so about living Christ like, God sent and all that, he should've taken the route Christ took and sacrifice himself to his son regains his senses.. I'm sure Jesus Christ would be very proud of the decision to sack the innocent woman for one young guy's lack of self control

Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by kiddoiLL(m): 5:07pm On Jan 29, 2020
Jimi24:
SMH
What kind of country is this?. Where are we going as a country when 3/4 of the young people (Indomie Generation) have no brains? Brains have been fried by BBN, social media and evil politicians.

*Now look and get understanding*

1.Pastor Adeboye's sons = Spiritual Sons
Men who are students of scripture under Adeboye. He is their direct mentor.
Most of them are pastors, captains of industry, top bankers and civil servants.
PASTOR ADEBOYE'S 'SONS' ARE MOSTLY NOT HIS BIOLOGICAL SONS.
Osinbajo (VP) is an Adeboye son. If you dont understand this, we shall restrain myself not to insult you.

2. "Sack that secretary " = sometimes affection is unGodly and can be a snare from the devil against your marriage and your faith. You have to remove EVERYTHING with potential to work against your salvation. EVERYTHING!
When a Christian removes a worker because his affections for that worker is getting threatening to his faith or marriage, you can be sure he will find ANOTHER job assignment for that worker. It is almost 100% sure that the worker herself would be counselled and spiritually helped in that new job not to be a snare to others. It might be a familiar spirit with that worker or something innocent. It does not matter.

Some women and some men have natural attractiveness that is God given
It is like a talent. Not necesarily satanic.

However, both the God given and the satanically acquired attractiveness WILL eventually be used against christians or men/women of God.
It is a certainty SO we must be watchful, prayerful and ready to do the drastic things necessary.
Biological son or Spiritual son, what kinda crap are you spewing??
So it's the lady's fault the man has no self control?.
Look at the essay you typed just to justify sacking the lady

Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by Xisnin(m): 5:39pm On Jan 29, 2020
kiddoiLL:
Yes but it's right to sack the lady for no goddamned reason just because his own son can't control his own sense of reasoning and probably his interactions with women....
Since he's always so about living Christ like, God sent and all that, he should've taken the route Christ took and sacrifice himself to his son regains his senses.. I'm sure Jesus Christ would be very proud of the decision to sack the innocent woman for one young guy's lack of self control
The position of the secretary becomes redundant as soon as the business owner is out of the picture.
I believe an employer can sack their employee for no reason while the employee can sue for settlement.
As much as you can't force labor on an employee, so can you not force an employee over an employer
regardless of sentiments.

No pastor is trying to live like Jesus. Even if we are to believe Jesus' myth, he had no choice in the
purported "sacrifice".
Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by edoairways: 5:42pm On Jan 29, 2020
Chamber2000:
If only Pastor Adeboye can stay away from social media because he always makes controversial statement that makes one cringe
Pastor Adeboye doesn't have time to chat on social media
Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by Snixdave114(m): 5:42pm On Jan 29, 2020
Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by kiddoiLL(m): 6:19pm On Jan 29, 2020
Xisnin:

The position of the secretary becomes redundant as soon as the business owner is out of the picture.
I believe an employer can sack their employee for no reason while the employee can sue for settlement.
As much as you can't force labor on an employee, so can you not force an employee over an employer
regardless of sentiments.

No pastor is trying to live like Jesus. Even if we are to believe Jesus' myth, he had no choice in the
purported "sacrifice".
Bruv A simple question, If the lady was the boss, would he have asked the son to resign then?
Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by Xisnin(m): 7:04pm On Jan 29, 2020
kiddoiLL:
Bruv A simple question, If the lady was the boss, would he have asked the son to resign then?
It doesn't matter what he advises.
I am arguing purely from an employer-employee relationship perspective and not some religious sentiment.
The truth is that a business owner and his employees are not equal.
No one will expect the boss to sacrifice himself for employees' convenience.
Re: Nigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Tells His 'son' To Sack His Secretary by ForbesHomesNG(m): 7:48pm On Jan 29, 2020
Kendumazy:
This thread will be interesting. People go argue tire. Let me sit down and watch.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Go Back To My Boko Haram Husband – Rescued 18-year-old Girl / Breaking : Police Take Over Venue Of Yoruba Self-determination Rally / Cow Seen ‘Fighting’ With Vehicles On An Expressway In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.