Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,605 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. (3054 Views)

These Loan Apps Have Finally Succeeded In Killing Me / What Is Your Greatest Fear? / Villagers Catch Huge Python In Awka, Anambra, Cut Its Stomach Open After Killing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Coder2Client(m): 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2020
I want you all to help me with best approach to get rid of it.

I don't want to take drugs that's why I want you to help me with best way to get out of it. I have missed a lot of opportunities due to this habit.

The fear to be in the midst of people
The fear of public speech
The fear to look other people's face
The fear to speak to other people
The fear to relate with people

I have been trying over two years now to get rid of it but it keeps coming back.

I equally have mistrust kind of habit. I don't trust people easily.

Please, how did you manage to get rid of fear?
Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by healthserve(m): 4:33pm On Jan 29, 2020
Confront it. I no get power type long o

Mods can we push this to front page please

Rocktation

Farano

Lalasticlala

Dominique

Mynd44

1 Like

Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Asquare84(m): 4:37pm On Jan 29, 2020
Coder2Client:

I don't want to take drugs that's why I want you to help me with best way to get out of it. I have missed a lot of opportunities due to this habit.

I have been trying over two years now to get rid of it but it keeps coming

please visit a pastor for prayers

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by drezzyx(m): 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2020
Smoke some weed or get high.

On a more serious note confront your fears.

Don't show too much concern or what people might say.

Go and get a very dark sun shade like d one's our celebrities wear even at night to cover your eyes and talk with boldness.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:53pm On Jan 29, 2020
These are psychological problems that should be medically assessed and the correct treatment given. The earlier you go for diagnosis and treatment, the better for you.
Coder2Client:

1 Like

Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by nuelsam: 4:56pm On Jan 29, 2020
Move out of your comfort zone...... Im quite sure one of the reasons for your fears is that youve got a low self esteem and its kinda affecting you psychologically hence why u result to isolate yourself from people often.....if u want to conquer your fears,the first step i think you should take is dealing with your self worth.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Coder2Client(m): 5:00pm On Jan 29, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
These are psychological problems that should be medically assessed and the correct treatment given. The earlier you go for diagnosis and treatment, the better for you.

Ah!, psychology?

Would there be any need for diagnosis ma?
I thought there would be an activity that I can do. Thank you very much for your advice
Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 29, 2020
Sounds like you're little autistic.

Try to make one friend and be close to him, meet his other friends and continue from there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Coder2Client(m): 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2020
nuelsam:
Move out of your comfort zone...... Im quite sure one of the reasons for your fears is that youve got a low self esteem and its kinda affecting you psychologically hence why u result to isolate yourself from people often.....if i want to conquer your fears,the first step i think you should take is dealing with your self worth.

I have been trying to build my self-esteem and self-confidence but it keeps coming back. I have really tried.
Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Coder2Client(m): 5:08pm On Jan 29, 2020
J111333:
Sounds like you're little autistic.

Try to make one friend and be close to him, meet his other friends and continue from there.

That's what I'm doing now but I can't contribute to any discussion while I am with them.
Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by JentuPrinz(m): 5:31pm On Jan 29, 2020
You're an introvert and u can't change dat.U can only modify.U can get some introverts books.It will help u

1 Like

Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Mariomadiba(m): 5:39pm On Jan 29, 2020
There is nothing wrong with you, that’s who you truly are and should not change because of the influences of people.
You’re an introvert and should be proud of yourself. Others may find your behaviors annoying but if you’re comfortable being shy there is nothing wrong with that.
Live and let live.

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 29, 2020
How old are you?
Start with your age group meetings, like youth meetings in church, school or fellowship.
Then attend house fellowship that has only a few members and try contributing little to the days discussion until you build up your confidence level.
Also be bold to first throw questions in a gathering. If it means rehearsing the question over and over in your mind before throwing it out, do it to avoid flops.

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by delectablegyal(f): 8:50pm On Jan 29, 2020
omo iya mi mo wa pelu echeesy. mafo.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by millionboi2: 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
wat abt mine,fear of ppl misunderstanding me.

is it somtin to worry abt?
Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2020
Everyone do have one or two fears or phobia for one thing or the other, including me. There is nothing for you to worry about, as for the OP, he needs help.
millionboi2:
wat abt mine,fear of ppl misunderstanding me.

is it somtin to worry abt?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Lamanii22(f): 9:40pm On Jan 29, 2020
You can do this Hun.. You're amazing... You've not been given the spirit of fear but of love, sound mind and power...

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by 2buffagain(m): 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2020
Stop masturbating.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2020
Coder2Client:

I have been trying over two years now to get rid of it but it keeps coming back.

I am sensing you suffered an emotional trauma

Perhaps the death of a precious loved one, witness a murder, or you were involved in a murder or you got raped or...

I am asking because you described me above (except that I am rarely afraid of anything) and I want to know if the reason is mutual
Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 30, 2020
Does your voice get shaky when you talk?
Do you have sweaty palms and armpits when you get uncomfortable socially?
Does your heart race fast in social situations?
When you're in an environment with people, is your mind often clouded with thoughts that those people are judging you?

If yes, then you may likely have SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder). I can't proffer a solution right now, as I'm also dealing with that, but don't be discouraged. You can overcome it, I believe so because mine was very bad that I even dreaded going out. I can manage it to an extent now, and that's because I basically tried to stop bothering myself on people's thoughts about me, and stopped over thinking after messing up. Whatever we do is a product of the nature of our thought life, and the things we constantly think about are stored up in our subconscious minds, which in turn play a role in our behaviours and emotions. So you need to learn to fill your mind with positive thoughts.

It's not going to be an easy and quick ride, but slow and steady wins the race. I wish I could proffer a potent solution, but those tips I stated above have helped me to a manageable extent. Once again, don't get discouraged, you can overcome it.

I'd also like to recommend the following article if you are a Christian or at least, an open-minded free thinker: https://www.gotquestions.org/social-anxiety.html

1 Like

Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Tessie01(f): 5:25am On Jan 30, 2020
Read your Bible regularly and pray against it, fear is a spirit.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by drips8(m): 5:33am On Jan 30, 2020
You may be suffering social anxiety disorder.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Nobody: 5:33am On Jan 30, 2020
Coder2Client:

You have insecurities, social anxiety...smoke weed or arizona ul be fine...I smoke before work and am so confident and eloquent

1 Like

Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Coder2Client(m): 6:34am On Jan 30, 2020
kelvinrhs:

I am sensing you suffered an emotional trauma

Perhaps the death of a precious loved one, witness a murder, or you were involved in a murder or you got raped or...

I am asking because you described me above (except that I am rarely afraid of anything) and I want to know if the reason is mutual

None of the above Sir.
Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Coder2Client(m): 6:38am On Jan 30, 2020
Jayy10:
Does your voice get shaky when you talk?
Do you have sweaty palms and armpits when you get uncomfortable socially?
Does your heart race fast in social situations?
When you're in an environment with people, is your mind often clouded with thoughts that those people are judging you?

If yes, then you may likely have SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder). I can't proffer a solution right now, as I'm also dealing with that, but don't be discouraged. You can overcome it, I believe so because mine was very bad that I even dreaded going out. I can manage it to an extent now, and that's because I basically tried to stop bothering myself on people's thoughts about me, and stopped over thinking after messing up. Whatever we do is a product of the nature of our thought life, and the things we constantly think about are stored up in our subconscious minds, which in turn play a role in our behaviours and emotions. So you need to learn to fill your mind with positive thoughts.

It's not going to be an easy and quick ride, but slow and steady wins the race. I wish I could proffer a potent solution, but those tips I stated above have helped me to a manageable extent. Once again, don't get discouraged, you can overcome it.

I'd also like to recommend the following article if you are a Christian or at least, an open-minded free thinker: https://www.gotquestions.org/social-anxiety.html

Thank you for this tremendous help. I will go through the tips.
Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Coder2Client(m): 6:39am On Jan 30, 2020
2buffagain:
Stop masturbating.

What is masturbation and how does it cause fear in me?
Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Coder2Client(m): 6:42am On Jan 30, 2020
delectablegyal:
omo iya mi mo wa pelu echeesy. mafo.

Wa pelu mi bi ti bawo ?
Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Ebonygirl1(f): 8:45am On Jan 30, 2020
Coder2Client:

You need to start making a conscious attempt to "not care about what other people think or say". Most times, social anxiety is born out of feelings of inadequacy; the idea that you aren't good enough, that people will think you're dumb if you open your mouth to say anything or that you aren't cute if you look them in the eyes. Before you can love yourself and interact freely with people, you need to accept yourself dear. There's always something unique and beautiful about each and everyone of us dear. Learn to see yourself as good enough. Also, try doing little exercise every day. Research has shown that not only does it make you look good and feel good, it also increases your heart rate just like when you're in the midst of people...so you'll get used to your heart skipping a beat and eventually overcome it. I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Coder2Client(m): 4:44pm On Jan 30, 2020
Ebonygirl1:

You need to start making a conscious attempt to "not care about what other people think or say". Most times, social anxiety is born out of feelings of inadequacy; the idea that you aren't good enough, that people will think you're dumb if you open your mouth to say anything or that you aren't cute if you look them in the eyes. Before you can love yourself and interact freely with people, you need to accept yourself dear. There's always something unique and beautiful about each and everyone of us dear. Learn to see yourself as good enough. Also, try doing little exercise every day. Research has shown that not only does it make you look good and feel good, it also increases your heart rate just like when you're in the midst of people...so you'll get used to your heart skipping a beat and eventually overcome it. I hope this helps.

Thank you ma, I so much appreciate your input and unwavering help. It appears you got me when you mentioned 'not to listen or pay attention to what people might say about me'. This is start of this challenge I face. I never believed in me, now I found it difficult to get me out of this quagmire.
Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Ebonygirl1(f): 5:47pm On Jan 30, 2020
Coder2Client:

Thank you ma, I so much appreciate your input and unwavering help. It appears you got me when you mentioned 'not to listen or pay attention to what people might say about me'. This is start of this challenge I face. I never believed in me, now I found it difficult to get me out of this quagmire.
You just have to try. When you go out next time, and you start feeling uncomfortable, try reciting this mantra in your head:"they are not looking at me. They are not talking about me". Its usually hard for people who have been experiencing social anxiety for many years to just break the habit, but trust me, you can with practice.
I once read somewhere that it takes exactly 21 days to form new habits. If you want to get used to doing something and not feeling weird, you have to make a conscious attempt to do it consistently for 21 days, I.e take out time each day to practice.
Get a sheet of paper and write out all the things you like about yourself and the things you've done since you were born that you're happy about, end it with "I am good enough". I want you to read this when you wake up every morning.
When you go out, if thoughts of inadequacy enter your head, expel them at once. Recite the mantras I've already stated above. You'll be surprised that no one is truly looking at you or talking about you and your mind is just traveling a hundred miles per minute for no reason.

You can do it if you're determined dear

1 Like

Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Nlearn: 6:42am On Jan 31, 2020
Read Books Man Read Books

Start With

Meditations Marcus Aurelius

Read Books

and stop praying for fear

all you need is in books. not pastor, this is not spiritual

Read Books. man
Re: How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. by Jimi24: 10:27am On Jan 31, 2020
You don't love people. You don't want the best for them and since your nature is just, your inner mind is telling you they feel the same about you.
You are a terrible person but very fair and just.

Try to just love people. Imagine them when they were cute babies and love them like you would when they were babies.

Smile more and always speak and act from the heart.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Upload Funny Pictures Here / ABSG Hails Appointment Of Dr Ali Bappayo As SA For Business Community / Photos Of ADOLPH HITLER As A Child And His Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.