Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,979 members, 7,817,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m (6572 Views)

Appeal Court Slams ₦‎40m Fine On Lawsuit Seeking To Stop Tinubu Inauguration / Meet Boskoto "The Shortest Councillor In Nigeria" (photo). / The Infographic Map Of Kano Emirates, Emir Sanusi Got Smallest Land Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by ALAGOGO007(m): 11:02am On Jan 31, 2020
The Kimyal tribe inhabiting the highlands of Papua-New Guinea.

If one of their men grows to 1.40 meters or 4 feet 7 inches, he would be considered very, very tall, they have not been known to grow taller than 1.45 m or 4 feet 9 inches, beating even african pygmies by about a handwidth.

The Europeans in the Images are german Dentist and medicinal Ethnologist Roland Garve, he stands at about 6 feet 2 inches or 1.90m, and his brother Reiner at 5 feet 10 or 1.80m respectively.

Why they are this short is not completely clear up until now, but it seems that it has to do with their diet which consists mostly of sweet potatoes and other plant material.

Animal protein, while not completely absent (they keep pigs), is quite rare, which may contribute to their stature.

Also, it has been found that their height decreases with altitude, the higher up in the mountains they live, the shorter they are, a theory trying to explain this has postulated that due to nutritional shortages, the smallest people of the community have been supposedly chased out of the villages and into the mountains, where they then founded new communities, continuing the circle.

This theory, however, stands on rather shaky legs, it seems reasonable to assume that higher altitudes just provide less food than the lower areas.

All that being the case, the Kimyal are however observed to be growing.

Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by Kyrx(m): 11:04am On Jan 31, 2020
Nawa oh!
Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by Brandstudio01: 11:07am On Jan 31, 2020
This reminds me of a movie called "The gods Must Be Crazy"

2 Likes

Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by xelly: 11:30am On Jan 31, 2020
I can't believe they don't grow above 4ft as evidence in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9dpmp_-TY0

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by cassidy1996(m): 1:25pm On Jan 31, 2020
wow! Baba GOD you too much

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by Masterpiece77: 2:30pm On Jan 31, 2020
This Kimyal tribe seriously needs genetic re-engineering, don't think there stunted growth has anything to do with nutrition.

Well, kindly contact me via call/whatsapp for your quality sneakers and leather shoes at best prices. Delivery is free Nationwide.

1 Like

Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by thundafire: 2:42pm On Jan 31, 2020
Lala take dis to front page wat land of dey dwarfs do they have Snow Queen
Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by Corrections: 2:53pm On Jan 31, 2020
Things men hardly see!!
Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by falcon01: 4:40pm On Jan 31, 2020
The hobbit Original
Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by efembaba(m): 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2020
Whao..
Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by Afospecialk: 5:08pm On Jan 31, 2020
Only fools believe that their is no God

How do I describe this ?

God is truely Hope Himself bcs He said we should never give up and he Has just shown this people a great Mercy the never emerging in their life time
Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by BlackfireX: 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2020
I don't know them
Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by Obdk: 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2020
ALAGOGO007:

The Kimyal tribe inhabiting the highlands of Papua-New Guinea.

If one of their men grows to 1.40 meters or 4 feet 7 inches, he would be considered very, very tall, they have not been known to grow taller than 1.45 m or 4 feet 9 inches, beating even african pygmies by about a handwidth.

The Europeans in the Images are german Dentist and medicinal Ethnologist Roland Garve, he stands at about 6 feet 2 inches or 1.90m, and his brother Reiner at 5 feet 10 or 1.80m respectively.

Why they are this short is not completely clear up until now, but it seems that it has to do with their diet which consists mostly of sweet potatoes and other plant material.

Animal protein, while not completely absent (they keep pigs), is quite rare, which may contribute to their stature.

Also, it has been found that their height decreases with altitude, the higher up in the mountains they live, the shorter they are, a theory trying to explain this has postulated that due to nutritional shortages, the smallest people of the community have been supposedly chased out of the villages and into the mountains, where they then founded new communities, continuing the circle.

This theory, however, stands on rather shaky legs, it seems reasonable to assume that higher altitudes just provide less food than the lower areas.

All that being the case, the Kimyal are however observed to be growing.

Pure lies. Judging by the YouTube video... Na lie joor
Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by landforeast(m): 6:30pm On Jan 31, 2020
Nawa oh
Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by kellight(m): 7:37pm On Jan 31, 2020
God create sha......
Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by Zimri(m): 8:04pm On Jan 31, 2020
angry angry angry

Don't White pygmies exist?
Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by sofiscatedmoron: 9:20pm On Jan 31, 2020
They must be afonja people
Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by Sokosuji: 9:26pm On Jan 31, 2020
Zimri:
angry angry angry

Don't White pygmies exist?
yep...eskimos
Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by nwamabo247(m): 10:04pm On Jan 31, 2020
PLEASE nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from ugwueme awgu L.G.A. enugu state,12yrs ago in 2007 ihave a quadruplegic spinal cord injure which resulted in me been in bedridden condition and unable to move around no source of income yet because my fingers are partialy afected my family has suffer and spend so much this condition especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and litle medications,buying of catheters and health care needs.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence see my signature for more detail
Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by juman(m): 10:14pm On Jan 31, 2020
Interesting.
Will read more about them.
Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by fiercehillz(m): 12:31am On Feb 01, 2020
Inbreeding depression dey worry all these ones
Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by Nobody: 6:19am On Feb 01, 2020
Sokosuji:
yep...eskimos

Dude, please stop misinforming people.

The average height of an Inuit(or Eskimo as you called them) individual hovers around 5 foot 4/5 inches. That can hardly be considered as dwarfism and as such they can not be considered a white version of the pygmies.

Secondly, the Inuits/Eskimos are not 'white' or Caucasians. They are actually native Americans like the West Indians of North America. What's more? The Eskimos are actually of Asian origin. They are more closely related to the Mongolians and other such Asian races.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.factmonster.com/eskimos&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj6k__aya_nAhULaVAKHXD1AcEQFnoECA4QAg&usg=AOvVaw1eYqvtQcpeHfiYY1e-xiKg
Re: Meet Shortest And The Smallest People In The World, They Only Grow 1.40m by Jabioro: 6:40am On Feb 01, 2020
See what the true missionary has done.Harmony,love, jubilation, joy and happiness erupted the town..true preaching,the words of God.. Hmmmm if it was my other people they wipe them all of the face of earth because they infidels..they won't see them when the love is growing them, tendering them..let them grown..they would come and start their wahala..

(1) (Reply)

Bakare Describes 1999 Constitution As A Glorified Death Certificate / Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun / General Elections: Parties To File Polling Agents Details Monday – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.