Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,485 members, 7,857,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 02:58 AM

Okada Ban...wow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Ban...wow (313 Views)

Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos / Okada Ban: Gokada, Max Riders, Others Protest In Lagos / Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okada Ban...wow by Coolcalmcollect(m): 7:49am On Feb 01, 2020
Woke up this morning to find the whole apapa almost bike free, saw many of them already dismantling their bike and getting it ready to have it loaded on some flour lorries back to the north most likely.
The most painful thing in all these is the the fact that I had to walk from tin can island to barracks area b, to get a bus, usually I just take bike and end of story. LASG made it possible to waste an additional 27mins of my time this morning, which was supposed to be a 5 mins bike ride.
How kind of govt. put an end to something when there's clearly no visible alternative?
How about stopping planes from flying cos they also get involved in accidents.
For those of you supporting the bike ban, don't worry, drive your cars, when that crucial moment comes when youre stucked in traffic and need to get a bike as usual, walai you will miss that flight and contract cos you supported this ban.
Re: Okada Ban...wow by Goldencheese(m): 7:53am On Feb 01, 2020
My brother, I go miss them o. Govt should provide palliatives. But this was sudden and it's going to affect a lot of people but riders and commuters.
Re: Okada Ban...wow by princemillla(m): 9:26am On Feb 01, 2020
Let's get used to it.
Re: Okada Ban...wow by ijege84: 9:31am On Feb 01, 2020
If anybody see the thing I face this morning because of this barbaric law I pray I don't loose this small contract to another firm cos it this same gokada I use everyday from iyana ipaja to Lagos Island everyday I have two cars but they useless in this Lagos roads with traffic everywhere Mr sanwo olu should review this law.
Re: Okada Ban...wow by Coolcalmcollect(m): 10:31am On Feb 01, 2020
ijege84:
If anybody see the thing I face this morning because of this barbaric law I pray I don't loose this small contract to another firm cos it this same gokada I use everyday from iyana ipaja to Lagos Island everyday I have two cars but they useless in this Lagos roads with traffic everywhere Mr sanwo olu should review this law.
I'm telling you, the London they are trying to copy, have metro train, they've got good roads, they've got tram, etc....yet these ones removed the only means of transportation that can navigate into places cars, lag buses, yellow buses can't get to.
right now in Lagos it's risky to leave home earlier Dan 5:30am cos you will get robbed or get home later Dan 10pm....how do people navigate tru tight schedule? do dey even do social impact assessment before they roll out bans? just annoying. I know of people dat left their drivers in the car taking them to the airport to board bikes just so to navigate tru the airport traffic now all dat will be gone and that guy above is saying we should get used to it. well o don't blame you, you've probably don't have a job nor any need to ever keep a tight schedule in your life how will the ban affect you. smh

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: Bokoharam Killed 320 In January, But Fed Govt's Not Interested / Oshiomhole Has Turn APC To A Funny Organization - Former SGF, Babachir Lawal / Alleged N525 Billion Fraud, Abia Protest Fails As Leader Almost Lynched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.