Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! (1830 Views)

Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical / Aba: A City In Ruins / Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! by na2day1: 6:13am On Dec 11, 2010
I'm really loosing hope fast, on anything good coming out of this entity - Nigeria
How can this kind of thing happen under the watch of GEJ? 

angry  angry  angry  angry

The Joint Task Force (JTF) attacked the Ijaw community in the Niger Delta last week, leaving severe damage in their wake.

Damage from the Joint Task Force (JTF) attack on the Ijaw community in the Niger Delta last week.

Damage from the Joint Task Force (JTF) attack on the Ijaw community in the Niger Delta last week.

[img]http://www.saharareporters.com/sites/default/files/photo_images/Photo0013(01).jpg[/img]

Source:http://www.saharareporters.com/photo/joint-task-force-jtf-attack-ijaw-community

HOW MANY INNOCENT CHILDREN, WOMEN AND MEN DIED IN THIS MADNESS?
THIS JUST LIKE ODI MASSACRE!  angry
Re: The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! by johndoe200: 6:19am On Dec 11, 2010
What do you want the president to do? He should follow every soldier on every mission and stop them from misbehaving?

A police man shoots a civilian on the street and the next thing is some dope comes out with "President is killing us".

He (the president) has taken action by instructing the army to ensure the lives and property of the people after this has happened.

If the damage is proved to have been to property owned by innocent civilians, then they will be entitled to compensation.
Re: The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! by na2day1: 6:30am On Dec 11, 2010
johndoe200:

What do you want the president to do? He should follow every soldier on every mission and stop them from misbehaving?

A police man shoots a civilian on the street and the next thing is some dope comes out with "President is killing us".

He (the president) has taken action by instructing the army to ensure the lives and property of the people after this has happened.

If the damage is proved to have been to property owned by innocent civilians, then they will be entitled to compensation.
angry  angry  angry
I'm sure u wont be talking like this, if your house is among the houses burnt to the ground with your wife and children in it!
Entitled to compensation?  what compensation will bring back the dead? 

In Nigeria, do the innocent had to be punished along with the guilty? angry
Re: The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! by chyz(m): 6:46am On Dec 11, 2010
this is no way near what happened at Odi. That devil obasanjo issued a shoot-on-sight. GEJ is a nigerian president and NOT Ijaw president.stop trying to cook up opposition to GEJ.
Re: The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! by na2day1: 6:58am On Dec 11, 2010
chyz:

this is no way near what happened at Odi. That devil obasanjo issued a shoot-on-sight. GEJ is a nigerian president and NOT Ijaw president.stop trying to cook up opposition to GEJ.
I'm not whipping up opposition against him, in fact I'm of a believe that he is the lesser of all the evil we have as presidential candidates!
But the above is all wrong! angry
Re: The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 11, 2010
Ayakoromo harboured a terrorist who killed at least seven Federal soldiers. These soldiers were sons, theys were husbands, they were fathers, they were bread winners and they were on legitimate assignment. they were not criminals but were serving in order to earn honest living. Should they just die because one John Togo was hiding in Ayakoromo?
Re: The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! by na2day1: 8:00am On Dec 11, 2010
kITA TITA:

Ayakoromo harboured a terrorist who killed at least seven Federal soldiers. These soldiers were sons, theys were husbands, they were fathers, they were bread winners and they were on legitimate assignment. they were not criminals but were serving in order to earn honest living. Should they just die because one John Togo was hiding in Ayakoromo?
U see until we evolve above the "adiye da mi logun nu, mo fo leyin mentality" (a hen scattered my stuff, i must break its egg - hope i got the translation right) there is no hope for us and we are just like the barbarians, u mean everyone in that village is guilty of killing the seven soldiers? 
This just about reprisal and nothing more!  angry
Re: The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 11, 2010
When you offer protection to a renegade criminal who has killed people, you don't expect law enforcement agents to say, "thank you, you are great". Soldiers were coming to arrest a bandit and some people were shielding him. It is not called reprisals, it is collateral damage.
Re: The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! by Pharoh: 10:39am On Dec 11, 2010
^^

So they can't capture criminals anymore without throwing bombs? undecided
Re: The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! by Beaf: 11:02am On Dec 11, 2010
kITA TITA:

When you offer protection to a renegade criminal who has killed people, you don't expect law enforcement agents to say, "thank you, you are great". Soldiers were coming to arrest a bandit and some people were shielding him. It is not called reprisals, it is collateral damage.

Dude, shut your blasted trap. It is well known and JTF has said it countless times that the Ayakoromo people pointed out John Togo's camp to the JTF, not just that, but the camp was 3 kilometres away from the village JTF attacked.
The destruction was wanton and barbaric, not expected of a rational army. What sort of operation to catch John Togo involved  burning down PHCN transformers? Does John Togo hide in transformers? Why would the army deliberately set fire to buildings with lighters and petrol? They arent mad people, are they?

I wish people would stop giving lame excuses for the avoidable loss of life. Even JTF has expressed regret, so why are you talking this wicked rubbish here?
Re: The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 11, 2010
Typical
Re: The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! by superboi(m): 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2010
@JOHNDOE200

This reminds me on something I saw two days ago here in Port Harcourt. I was in a bank where a man(customer) who has been expecting money transfer(about $100) claims he has been coming for about week and the bank(the bankers told him they haven't recieved the transfer) has been playing him. All of a sudden the guy lost and started transhing their computer system and shouting ontop of his voice, give me the money, customer outside heard and thot it was a robber and started running the when the police in front of the bank entered the man ran toward him, but fell down short of him. Later the police man said he almost pulled the trigger because the guy was attacking him. I bet if he had shot the guy the press would have wrote cops killed innocent citizen, we should learn not to mess with armed people.
Re: The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! by texazzpete(m): 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2010
superboi:

@JOHNDOE200
This reminds me on something I saw two days ago here in Port Harcourt. I was in a bank where a man(customer) who has been expecting money transfer(about $100) claims he has been coming for about week and the bank(the bankers told him they haven't recieved the transfer) has been playing him. All of a sudden the guy lost and started transhing their computer system and shouting ontop of his voice, give me the money, customer outside heard and thot it was a robber and started running the when the police in front of the bank entered the man ran toward him, but fell down short of him. Later the police man said he almost pulled the trigger because the guy was attacking him. I bet if he had shot the guy the press would have wrote cops killed innocent citizen, we should learn not to mess with armed people.

And armed people should be trained not to mess with innocent civillians.
In any sane society, if the cop had shot that customer, he'd have been charged with murder or at the very least, excessive use of force. he'd have to painstakingly demonstrate that he had reasonable certainty that the man was armed and that his life was at risk before opening fire.

@Topic
Doesn't surprise me, the JTF are well known for their barbarism. I can't see why people are trying to shift blame to Jonathan, though. The JTF commander should have the full responsibility. In fact, the only role Jonathan has to play is to ensure that their commander is punished/dismissed.
Re: The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! by jamace(m): 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2010
So they can't capture criminals anymore without throwing bombs? undecided

Capture a criminal, armed to the teeth, with bare hands? grin grin That will be a suicide mission.
I pity the family of such a man who will attempt to capture a criminal in the calibre of John Togo with bare hands.
Re: The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! by adebayo111: 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2010
We av retards who doesnt value human lives here. Hw can an armed man pull the trigger on an unarmed man.

Wat happened in that village is genocide, killing harmless peopleople all in the name of security.
Re: The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! by Ibime(m): 12:15am On Dec 12, 2010
What do you expect from barbarians. Have the Nigerian military ever belonged to civil society? I haven't seen the pictures but Ill check them later on my PC. I no want vex right now.
Re: The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! by redsun(m): 12:33am On Dec 12, 2010
Nigeria is a rogue state,what ever is done by the government thuggery,they are thugs.It is like a case of heavily armed robbers persecuting pick pockets.
Re: The Ruins Of Ayakoromo - Which way Nigeria! by na2day(m): 8:57am On Dec 15, 2010
LIST OF CONFIRMED DEAD PERSONS
CHILDREN
S/N Names Age Sex Manner of Death
1 Kelly Yeigagha 10 yrs M Shot dead
2 Dideke Yeighagha 8 yrs M Burnt to death
3 Joshua Yeigagha 5 yrs M Burnt to death
4 Tamarauebi Kalama 9 yrs F Burnt to death
5 Stanley Oruegeni 4 yrs M Burnt to death
6 Sunday Sokorofa 6 yrs M Burnt to death
7 Favour Brialade 5 yrs F Shot dead
8 Sose-ere Duomu 8 yrs F Burnt to death
9 Ditimi Oweikezi 20 yrs F Burnt to death
10 Timi Onduku 12 yrs M Shot dead
11 Benemo Demebide 10 yrs F Shot dead
12 Edmund Forcados 2 yrs M Burnt death
13 Zikeye oruebe 4 yrs M Burnt to death
14 Abide Ruba 6 yrs M Burnt to death
15 Samuel Yeigagha 6 months M Burnt to death
WOMEN
S/N Names Age Manner of Death
1 Eyorozitei Oweizifagha 83 Shot dead
2 Helena Emolade 97 Paralyzed before
3 Ebiere Maika 48 Shot dead
4 Cynthia Highcoast 27 Burnt to death
5 Zikeseye Onduku 30 Burnt to death
6 Beauty Sokorofa 36 Shot dead
7 Blacky Eniezituagha 41 Shot dead
8 Cecilia Osangburuku 50 Burnt to death
9 Fiye Egbe 32 Shot dead
10 Kanti Suokumo 43 Burnt to death
11 Ebitubo Emomoyeigha 39 Burnt to death
MEN
S/N Names Age Manner of Death
1 Pa Oyabrade Fole 73yrs Shot dead
2 Mr. Monday Oyabrade 51yrs Shot dead
3 Pastor Timise Gbabra 46yrs Shot dead
4 Mr. Duke Oyabrade 34yrs Shot dead
5 Mr. Onitsha Kitua 66yrs Shot dead
6 Mr. Kaowei Onitsha 37yrs Burnt to death
7 Mr. Egbe Tolo 42yrs Shot dead
8 Mr. Bonaventure Kalama 51yrs Shot dead
9 Pa Eric Yeigagha 72yrs Burnt to death
10 Terry Isaac-Ogbota 47yrs Shot dead
11 Dickson Awomi 32yrs Burnt to death
12 Kiene Maika 28yrs Shot dead
13 Daniel Maika 31yrs Burnt to death
14 Fieowei Akanyo 26yrs Burnt to death
15 Ebi Oruegeni 43yrs Shot dead
16 Owei Eniezitugha 26yrs Shot dead
17 Pakistan Saibakumo 38yrs Shot dead
18 Simeon Brialade 24yrs Shot dead
19 Kelly Boro Brown 29yrs Burnt to death
20 Ebikefe Tambou 30yrs Burnt to death
21 Bobo Tambou 27yrs Burnt to death
22 Solomon Kokole 28yrs Burnt to death
23 Teiye Gboloseride 30yrs Shot dead
24 Biawari Saibakumo 31yrs Shot dead
25 Omito Oyabrade 44yrs Shot dead
For more visit: www.ayakoromo.org

(1) (Reply)

Jebba Paper Mill In Kwara To Employ Over 700 / Now, Many Governors Abandon States, Operate From Abuja / Tinubu Allegedly Collecting N200 Million From Assembly Allowance –how Oando Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.