Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,732 members, 7,813,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System (3969 Views)

The Use Of Ict In Maritime Industry / ASUU Is A Problem Of The Nigerian University System - Prof. Ochonnu / FG Appoints Jega, Peter Okebukola To Review Nigeria’s University System​ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Geminita: 7:10am On Feb 02, 2020
*OOU INAUGURATES 3000-CAPACITY ICT BUILDING; said to be the biggest in the Nigeria university system*

The complex sits 3,000 persons at a time and it is fitted with computers, printers, free wifi facilities and training programmes required to make learning and teaching easier for researchers and staff of the university.

The Governor and the Minister of Finance, Mrs Zainab Ahmed, jointly cut the tape to declare the ICT centre open. They were also conveyed round the centre and the Administrative office, which was also commissioned as part of the 28th and 29th convocation ceremonies of the OOU.

The minister, the Paramount ruler of Yewaland and Olu of Ilaro, Oba Kehinde Olugbenle and Maj. Gen. Shamsideen Awosanya were honoured with honorary doctorate degrees.

At the event, Governor Abiodun urged Nigerian graduates to use the knowledge gained in their fields of study to proffer practical Solutions to the numerous challenges confronting the nation.

He said as those who had received both academic and moral training should think of things that would benefit not them alone, but the society at large and not to go about seeking jobs.

“One thing is sure, all of you are leaving the University with your certificates documents to go to the university of life where there is no paper certificate. Your certificates are what you can do for yourself and what you contribute to the development of humanity.

“The University had inculcated in you necessary employable skills, expertise and Technical competence needed to fit in and compete well in the outside world. Your education is to set you on the right path and make you a better global citizen”, he said.

He said though the University was facing some challenges, it has made tremendous achievements by ensuring uninterrupted academic calendar in the past eight years, expanding its academic programmes, providing hostel facilities and full digitalization of the University operations.

Prince Abiodun reiterated that as part of his admistration’s agenda, efforts have been made for a continued mutually beneficial relationship between the town and the institution.

He added that it would continue to create and strengthen interface for cross fertilisation of ideas between industry and academia.

While appreciating the founding fathers of the University for laying a solid foundation, Gov. Abiodun emphasised that to equip products of the State higher institutions with required competencies to face life challenges, government would continue to provide the enabling environment for its institution to achieve their objectives.

He congratulated the awardees for contributing to the development of the school and the society at large, calling on well-meaning individuals, organizations and corporate bodies as well as alumni to partner with his administration in taking the school to greater heights.

In her welcome address, the Pro-Chancellor, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Mrs. Mosun Belo-Olusoga noted that the university had gone through massive infrastructural development in all of its campuses and advised the graduating students to be positive, proactive, focused and live their lives with passion.

She said that they should not be discouraged as they step into a new world.

SOURCE
*©OOUMEDIA�*

1 Like

Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by VicSanTROUBLE: 4:18pm On Mar 17, 2020
I've been reading about your diary since last night. Accept my dm, we need to talk about something (p.s no harm). Thanks
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by VicSanTROUBLE: 4:18pm On Mar 17, 2020
Geminita:
*OOU INAUGURATES 3000-CAPACITY ICT BUILDING; said to be the biggest in the Nigeria university system*

The complex sits 3,000 persons at a time and it is fitted with computers, printers, free wifi facilities and training programmes required to make learning and teaching easier for researchers and staff of the university.

The Governor and the Minister of Finance, Mrs Zainab Ahmed, jointly cut the tape to declare the ICT centre open. They were also conveyed round the centre and the Administrative office, which was also commissioned as part of the 28th and 29th convocation ceremonies of the OOU.

The minister, the Paramount ruler of Yewaland and Olu of Ilaro, Oba Kehinde Olugbenle and Maj. Gen. Shamsideen Awosanya were honoured with honorary doctorate degrees.

At the event, Governor Abiodun urged Nigerian graduates to use the knowledge gained in their fields of study to proffer practical Solutions to the numerous challenges confronting the nation.

He said as those who had received both academic and moral training should think of things that would benefit not them alone, but the society at large and not to go about seeking jobs.

“One thing is sure, all of you are leaving the University with your certificates documents to go to the university of life where there is no paper certificate. Your certificates are what you can do for yourself and what you contribute to the development of humanity.

“The University had inculcated in you necessary employable skills, expertise and Technical competence needed to fit in and compete well in the outside world. Your education is to set you on the right path and make you a better global citizen”, he said.

He said though the University was facing some challenges, it has made tremendous achievements by ensuring uninterrupted academic calendar in the past eight years, expanding its academic programmes, providing hostel facilities and full digitalization of the University operations.

Prince Abiodun reiterated that as part of his admistration’s agenda, efforts have been made for a continued mutually beneficial relationship between the town and the institution.

He added that it would continue to create and strengthen interface for cross fertilisation of ideas between industry and academia.

While appreciating the founding fathers of the University for laying a solid foundation, Gov. Abiodun emphasised that to equip products of the State higher institutions with required competencies to face life challenges, government would continue to provide the enabling environment for its institution to achieve their objectives.

He congratulated the awardees for contributing to the development of the school and the society at large, calling on well-meaning individuals, organizations and corporate bodies as well as alumni to partner with his administration in taking the school to greater heights.

In her welcome address, the Pro-Chancellor, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Mrs. Mosun Belo-Olusoga noted that the university had gone through massive infrastructural development in all of its campuses and advised the graduating students to be positive, proactive, focused and live their lives with passion.

She said that they should not be discouraged as they step into a new world.

SOURCE
*©OOUMEDIA�*

I'm waiting
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Teddiie(f): 12:30pm On Apr 16, 2020
Geminita, thanks dear for mentioning me.. I saw your message on whatsapp but my data finished as I was about to reply you.. Anti-spam bot banned me nii oo. I don't know why they kept banning after my last 3 updates. So I can't reply mentions on diary section..
Thanks
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Geminita: 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2020
Teddiie:
Geminita, thanks dear for mentioning me.. I saw your message on whatsapp but my data finished as I was about to reply you.. Anti-spam bot banned me nii oo. I don't know why they kept banning after my last 3 updates. So I can't reply mentions on diary section..
Thanks

I was wondering too.. You're welcome dear.. Hope you are good
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Teddiie(f): 4:11pm On Apr 16, 2020
Geminita:

I was wondering too.. You're welcome dear.. Hope you are good

Yeah I am..

What about you?
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Geminita: 4:31pm On Apr 16, 2020
Teddiie:

Yeah I am..

What about you?

I am good too.. Hope you ain't tired of this holiday yet grin
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Teddiie(f): 7:03pm On Apr 16, 2020
Geminita:

I am good too.. Hope you ain't tired of this holiday yet grin

I'm tired already oo

1 Like

Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Geminita: 8:55am On Jun 02, 2020
Mrsraiy good morning...

I sent you a mail already
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Egoat(m): 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nice DP Geminita. kiss kiss

Please I want you to know these three facts.
1) Today is Sunday.
2) Today is 16th.
3) I am single. tongue
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Geminita: 6:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
Egoat:
Nice DP Geminita. kiss kiss

Please I want you to know these three facts.
1) Today is Sunday.
2) Today is 16th.
3) I am single. tongue

grin grin
Thanks o

Ehn ehn

O ti ye mi... grin
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Egoat(m): 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
Geminita:

grin grin
Thanks o

Ehn ehn

O ti ye mi... grin
grin grin grin wink
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Geminita: 6:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
Egoat:

grin grin grin wink

Abi na
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Egoat(m): 1:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
It seems someone's diary is to be updated once in 500 years. undecided undecided
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Geminita: 5:08pm On Aug 21, 2020
Egoat:
It seems someone's diary is to be updated once in 500 years. undecided undecided

Whose diary, if I may ask?? grin
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Egoat(m): 6:24pm On Aug 21, 2020
Geminita:

Whose diary, if I may ask?? grin
Aduragbemi Ojo. angry angry
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Geminita: 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2020
Egoat:

Aduragbemi Ojo. angry angry

Oh.. The name doesn't ring a bell cheesy.. Maybe you should try to get across to the person and ask why he or she is not updating his/her diary
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Egoat(m): 11:13pm On Aug 21, 2020
Geminita:

Oh.. The name doesn't ring a bell cheesy.. Maybe you should try to get across to the person and ask why he or she is not updating his/her diary
You haven't heard that joke before? shocked
A small guy was asked to spell his name ADURAGBEMI OJO and he spelt FOUR as Aduragbemi and UAUR Aduragbemi ojo. You are missing joor.

Now I am asking her, Geminita why have you not updated your diary?
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by ItayNinja: 1:51am On Aug 22, 2020
The is a welcome development and I hope it would be put to good use.
Use Ijmb or Jupeb to secure your university admission with Jamb by visiting ijmbdivinehelp.com to enroll
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Geminita: 7:00am On Aug 22, 2020
Egoat:

You haven't heard that joke before? shocked
A small guy was asked to spell his name ADURAGBEMI OJO and he spelt FOUR as Aduragbemi and UAUR Aduragbemi ojo. You are missing joor.

Now I am asking her, Geminita why have you not updated your diary?

Oh.. I saw the video some days back but I didn't watch it to the end...

Nothing really.
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Egoat(m): 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2020
Geminita:

Oh.. I saw the video some days back but I didn't watch it to the end...

Nothing really.
Alright o Gem.

Just be fine.
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Geminita: 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2020
Egoat:

Alright o Gem.

Just be fine.

Thanks dear. I really appreciate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Geminita: 7:40am On Sep 01, 2020
Egoat:

Alright o Gem.

Just be fine.

Happy birthday Egoat.. God will perfect all that concerns you and He will make all crooked lines straight on your behalf..Long life and prosperity..

Enjoy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Egoat(m): 7:43am On Sep 01, 2020
Geminita:

Happy birthday Egoat.. God will perfect all that concerns you and He will make all crooked lines straight on your behalf..Long life and prosperity..

Enjoy
Thanks so much my crush of life.
I am very very grateful.
Thanks a bunch. kiss kiss
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Geminita: 7:45am On Sep 01, 2020
Egoat:

Thanks so much my crush of life.
I am very very grateful.
Thanks a bunch. kiss kiss

You're welcome.. Please don't forget our cake grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Egoat(m): 8:01am On Sep 01, 2020
Geminita:

You're welcome.. Please don't forget our cake grin
Everything good will come tongue tongue, even the cake too.
Thanks so much rare Gem.
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Geminita: 9:44am On Sep 01, 2020
Egoat:

Thanks so much rare Gem.

grin.. Nice
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Geminita: 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2020
AmosFishon:

i dont think its bigger than Futminna Library

I was actually talking about The ICT
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Geminita: 9:40pm On Sep 23, 2020
Egoat:

Thanks so much rare Gem.

Egoat, You made me have new followers.. Those people actually went through your followers and started following too. I didn't follow back and I guess they understood the message and unfollowed immediately
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Egoat(m): 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2020
Geminita:

Egoat, You made me have new followers.. Those people actually went through your followers and started following too
It got to your side too? grin
Please I'm sorry.
Bear with us. grin grin
Re: Biggest ICT In Nigeria University System by Geminita: 9:43pm On Sep 23, 2020
Egoat:

It got to your side too? grin
Please I'm sorry.
Bear with us. grin grin

grin.. No problem.. They're just trying to meet the people you talked about and since you didn't mention monikers they used their instinct and followed people you're following too.. It Sha must be one of them cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

When You The Only Undergraduate In Ur Village / Supplementary List For Admission Into Jss 1 In Nigerian Navy Secondary Schools / What University In Nigeria Is Accounting Good To Study In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.