Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! (5508 Views)

Update On Constructions At ESUT College Of Medicine, Igbo-Eno / Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN / Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 8:12am On Feb 02, 2020
While you may say that it shows national character, I did not meet a single person on the project from Engineer to labourers carrying the blocks that was not of purely Northern character. I should add that the Engineers seemed professional when I spoke to them and were willing to teach me some details of our profession.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 8:14am On Feb 02, 2020
There are 3 such projects. Visit the link in my signature for details. Join the site to start commenting

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by 12Monkeys: 8:46am On Feb 02, 2020
And in you think this is a good thing?

I know of such project handled by northerners in the east. Even the block carriers were brought from the north.

Ab0ki no won spread the money at all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mumumugu(m): 9:00am On Feb 02, 2020
cost of carrying out project will be very cheap

4 Likes

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 9:03am On Feb 02, 2020
mumumugu:
cost of carrying out project will be very cheap
Might be. But I cannot quite see bringing people from Kano to carry blocks as a cost saving move.

6 Likes

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 9:07am On Feb 02, 2020
Follow the link in my signature for details
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 9:07am On Feb 02, 2020
❕❗�
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by Asquare84(m): 9:34am On Feb 02, 2020
The way you guys reason baffle me, you think the Nigeria revolve around east only or their are no contractor of eastern origin doing contract in the north, try and travel more to erase your ethnic bigotry

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 9:45am On Feb 02, 2020
Asquare84:
The way you guys reason baffle me, you think the Nigeria revolve around east only or their are no contractor of eastern origin doing contract in the north, try and travel more to erase your ethnic bigotry
Being Northern is not the problem. My question is that Kano is 760.4km while Kaduna is 567.5 km from Nsukka. Do you really believe that no other Contracting and Consulting firms could have submitted a suitable tender in between those distances? Bearing in mind they are Federal projects. If you really believe so, tell me who is the bigot?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by RZArecta(m): 9:51am On Feb 02, 2020
Asquare84:
I triple dare you to prove me wrong, no easterner can get ANY construction contract in a Fed Northern university talk less of shipping entire labor force from east to the north. The ethnic bigot here is most likely you sir cool

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 9:51am On Feb 02, 2020
Asquare84:
Even if it were a Company owned by Easterners in Kano or Kaduna, it will still look as suspicious, especially since these are fairly basic constructions. Don't you think there may be more to using those particular consulting and constructing firms so far away from the projects?

3 Likes

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by Asquare84(m): 9:52am On Feb 02, 2020
mynaijaforumcom:
Being Northern is not the problem. My question is that Kano is 760.4km while Kaduna is 567.5 km from Nsukka. Do you really believe that no Contracting and consulting firms could have submitted a suitable tender in between those distances? Bearing in mind they are Federal projects. If you really believe so, tell me who is the bigot?

Since you don't want to learn from the picture of the sign board you posted the contract was not awarded by UNN but TETFUND, which is a federal agency, so tell when is it only ibos that will only execute contract in UNN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 9:54am On Feb 02, 2020
Asquare84:

Since you don't want to learn from the picture of the sign board you posted the contract was not awarded by UNN but TETFUND, which is a federal agency, so tell when is it only ibos that will only execute contract in UNN
Again, it doesn't have to be Igbos. But let us keep in Mind that Igbos, people in Benue, Edo and all the closer locations are Nigerians as well. Not to mention that the project does not even have to be executed by a Nigerian company.

4 Likes

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by Asquare84(m): 9:54am On Feb 02, 2020
RZArecta:
I triple dare you to prove me wrong, no easterner can get ANY construction contract in a Fed Northern university talk less of shipping entire labor force from east to the north. The ethnic bigot here is most likely you sir cool

Can mention any northern state you have travelled to so that I will tell you easterners that have executed a contract their

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by verifiablefacts: 9:55am On Feb 02, 2020
mynaijaforumcom:
Being Northern is not the problem. My question is that Kano is 760.4km while Kaduna is 567.5 km from Nsukka. Do you really believe that no Contracting and consulting firms could have submitted a suitable tender in between those distances? Bearing in mind they are Federal projects. If you really believe so, tell me who is the bigot?
you still need to travel, and forget about distance of places with decimals or fractions you copied from somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 9:56am On Feb 02, 2020
Asquare84:

Can mention any northern state you have travelled to so that I will tell you easterners that have executed a contract their
My point is still on the Location of the company and their distances from the sites, not the Ethnicity of its members

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 9:57am On Feb 02, 2020
verifiablefacts:

you still need to travel, and forget about distance of places with decimals or fractions you copied from somewhere.
I was born in Plateau, have worked in Kaduna
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by RZArecta(m): 10:01am On Feb 02, 2020
Asquare84:

i asked you to name any easterner handling a construction project in a northern fed university who is allowed to ship entire labor force from east to north. Tick tock

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by Asquare84(m): 10:06am On Feb 02, 2020
mynaijaforumcom:
Again, it doesn't have to be Igbos. But let us keep in Mind that Igbos, people in Benue, Edo and all the closer locations are Nigerians as well. Not to mention that the project does not even have to be executed by a Nigerian company.

See I have done a contract in UNN before, the contract was given to me by then V.C, proff bath okolo, probably then you are not in the university, but something keep stroking my mind, I mean the keep telling me " we don't trust our people" as contractor we knew what we face in the hand of the local both our staff and the host community. Then the dual express way that link the library/girls hostel down to the new school gate is under construction, look we will wake up in the morning to site and see our work scattered by wicked host community, expensive flowers planted are uprooted and cut into pieces, i can't remember how many times our geepee tank were stolen in UNN, not talking about arm robbers that personally trailed me to my house at odenigwe to Robb me. At a point we all went to Abuja to Scott for labourer that will give us rest of mind

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by obiekunie2: 10:18am On Feb 02, 2020
RZArecta:
i asked you to name any easterner handling a construction project in a northern fed university who is allowed to ship entire labor force from east to north. Tick tock

forget it bro!

he cant answer that question cause he knows its not possible.

the funny thing is - even if you are a northerner and you are not of the favoured religion, OYO is your name. you must convert to get the favours.

i know lots of the christian Norths that have converted just to get the favours - lots of them men!

how much more of giving an igbo man a government project to execute in the north - that one go happen for moon! cheesy cheesy grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 10:24am On Feb 02, 2020
Asquare84:

See I have done a contract in UNN before, the contract was given to me by then V.C, proff bath okolo, probably then you are not in the university, but something keep stroking my mind, I mean the keep telling me " we don't trust our people" as contractor we knew what we face in the hand of the local both our staff and the host community. Then the dual express way that link the library/girls hostel down to the new school gate is under construction, look we will wake up in the morning to site and see our work scattered by wicked host community, expensive flowers planted are uprooted and cut into pieces, i can't remember how many times our geepee tank were stolen in UNN, not talking about arm robbers that personally trailed me to my house at odenigwe to Robb me. At a point we all went to Abuja to Scott for labourer that will give us rest of mind
This at best answers the question of why the staff composition is purely Northern(but that is a far stretch). The question still begs on why 3 separate projects were awarded to the same combination of 3 far off Consulting, Managing and Construction companies, especially since they will have difficulties executing the project in an unfamiliar terrain. While I appreciate you sharing your experience, it does not lie on you to defend the way the projects were awarded. Except if you were involved in awarding them.

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by Asquare84(m): 10:35am On Feb 02, 2020
mynaijaforumcom:

This at best answers the question of why the staff composition is purely Northern(but that is a far stretch). The question still begs on why 3 separate projects were awarded to the same combination of 3 far off Consulting, Managing and Construction companies, especially since they will have difficulties executing the project in an unfamiliar terrain. While I appreciate you sharing your experience, it does not lie on you to defend the way the projects were awarded. Except if you were involved in awarding them.

The truth is give the contract to the local, the following will happen

(1) do a shoddy job
(2) nothing will happen

(3) the project money is our share of UNN national cake since UNN land was collected from our four father without adequate compensation

If I am writing this just assume this is how the management of UNN reasons when it comes to giving contract to local and I will like to inform you that I am from north but still influence things in nsukka, as in the ibo man is more comfortable dealing with outsider than his own people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 11:00am On Feb 02, 2020
Asquare84:

The truth is give the contract to the local, the following will happen

(1) do a shoddy job
(2) nothing will happen

(3) the project money is our share of UNN national cake since UNN land was collected from our four father without adequate compensation

If I am writing this just assume this is how the management of UNN reasons when it comes to giving contract to local and I will like to inform you that I am from north but still influence things in nsukka, as in the ibo man is more comfortable dealing with outsider than his own people
I will share photos of the Digital and Science lab, almost completed. That is a complex piece of work executed upon by "local" hands, awarded contracts by the same UNN management you just spoke of, not to remind you of your earlier observation that these are TETFUND, not UNN projects. So you still haven't answered the question. Not to mention that if the "locals" are so terrible, there is Edo, Benue and even Lagos is closer than Kano for sourcing capable Companies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 11:01am On Feb 02, 2020
Asquare84:
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by Asquare84(m): 11:04am On Feb 02, 2020
mynaijaforumcom:

I will share photos of the Digital and Science lab, almost completed. That is a complex piece of work executed upon by "local" hands. Don't resort to bigotry you were earlier throwing allegations about. So you still haven't answered the question. Not to mention that if the "locals" are so terrible, there is Edo, Benue and even Lagos is closer than Kano for sourcing capable Companies.

Well it not my fault that I am from the north and your people see more trustworthy in me than your own. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 11:22am On Feb 02, 2020
Asquare84:

Well it not my fault that I am from the north and your people see more trustworthy in me than your own. I rest my case
I am pretty sure that there was more to these projects finding their way to Kano and Kaduna. I just wonder why you do not want to see the reasons get unearthed

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 11:23am On Feb 02, 2020
Asquare84:

Thank you for coming.
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by DrObum(m): 11:29am On Feb 02, 2020
I don't understand the aim of this thread nor what you peeps are arguing about.

TETFUND awards a contract and its done. If you want to get to why TETFUND gave the contact to a northerner, get to their office and find out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 11:31am On Feb 02, 2020
DrObum:
I don't understand the aim of this thread nor what you peeps are arguing about.

TETFUND awards a contract and its done. If you want to get to why TETFUND gave the contact to a northerner, get to their office and find out.
To publicize the website in my signature and to make the point that we will be open to people discussing the hard topics that most will rather dodge but wherein the solutions we seek may lie. A "nairaland" with free speech and new ideas
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mgbadadike: 11:47am On Feb 02, 2020
When I was in Atbu bauchi, an Igbo construction company carried out one project in the school.

I also know one Igbo contractor that was always getting construction projects from kaduna govt during the time of Namadi Sambo and Patrick Yakowa as a state governors resp.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 11:52am On Feb 02, 2020
mgbadadike:
When I was in Atbu bauchi, an Igbo construction company carried out one project in the school.

I also know one Igbo contractor that was always getting construction projects from kaduna govt during the time of Namadi Sambo and Patrick Yakowa as a state governors resp.
Where were these Companies located, their office locations
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mgbadadike: 11:57am On Feb 02, 2020
mynaijaforumcom:
Where were these Companies located, their office locations

The one in kaduna based in kaduna state.

The one of Atbu Bauchi, I don't have enough details concerning the company.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

21 Amazing Images Of The New Seven Wonders Of The World / See The Beautiful Girl That Emerge As the Best SUG Official Of The Year / Federal Polytechnic Offa Hnd Admission List, 2nd Batch Is Out Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.