Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,414 members, 7,853,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:11 AM

Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative (45219 Views)

Enugu: Keke, Okada And Tiper Union Leaders Say Hoodlums Responsible For Crimes / Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos / Buhari’s Government Promises 2 Geo-political Zones 2023 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by saintol(m): 8:41pm On Feb 03, 2020
You are still here promising alternative, the alternative that ought to have been on the ground even before you finally embark on the banning. Na which kin brain our leaders dey take rule this country self? And funny enough they will be carrying certificate of one kin institute of management up and down. To really do the real managing na something else. Who did we offend in this country?

5 Likes

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 03, 2020
sarrki:
I support the ban

The Okada caused more menace than the good

Ok oh grin

Cc lzaa blackking98 jimyjames bastardmod gmbuharii

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Tosdam(m): 8:44pm On Feb 03, 2020
There is big money in transportation especially in a busy place like Lagos... You think the state government is concerned about mega city. Did you know the huge amount of money the state government will generate if it controls transportation business singhandedly?

2 Likes

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Powersurge: 8:45pm On Feb 03, 2020
post=86351877:

This is what we have been advocating for since the okada banned was implemented.
Alternative means is very important, both for the passengers and the riders,
With around 10 Million people in Lagos state.
not everyone can afford a car and definitely not everyone will own a car.

Slow and steady, we will get to how a sane society works.....slow and steady!

Good response by Lagos state government.
God bless Nigeria.

10 what? Lagos has over 20 million people.
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by CyberWolf: 8:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
You don’t know that you will provide alternative before? Very anyhow government just like their counterparts in Abuja, behaving like animals without sense.

2 Likes

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 03, 2020
Did he say little discomfort when it is all over the news that people are suffering?

1 Like

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by DTalented(m): 8:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
The Keke people even cause trouble more than the Okada guys.
No patience.
Always in a hurry
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Legalcriminal: 8:51pm On Feb 03, 2020
On my way to Mushin today along Oshodi-Apapa xpress road, over 6 police trucks are full of seized Okada, I felt pity for the owners.

#This is another rise of one million boys, if you know you know, may God save us in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by ndcide(m): 8:53pm On Feb 03, 2020
Bull ssshit!

How do you move within VI fast, without keke or bike? You want to be trekking?

Haba!
From obalende to falomo, no keke? No bikes?

We need the bikes and keke back. Period!

I had to do some quick runs last week, on the island. I can't imagine how would have done it without bike.

I would have spent 3hurs in the car?

I couldn't just imagine it

1 Like

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by bestdudes: 8:56pm On Feb 03, 2020
sarrki:
I support the ban

many of you will be gunned down when Nigerians are ready to take back their country. Twerp

1 Like

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by CanadaOrBust: 8:56pm On Feb 03, 2020
Who is advising these people, Mr. Ibu?
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Fragility6: 8:56pm On Feb 03, 2020
Is anybody here aware that China has stopped issuing Visa to Nigerians? Na Cameroon n Ghana go do dier own next

1 Like

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by kunleham(m): 8:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
festacman:
One key difference between Nigerian leaders and their counterparts in developed countries showing up once again. The critical issue of planning.

Why banning Okada and Keke when there is no alternative means of transportation in place? Why the haste? Obviously, nobody sat down to analyze the SWOT analysis of the policy and developed vital implementation stages. It is like Sanwo-Olu and his team never knew that Lagosians use Okada and Keke daily to go about their businesses.

By the way, did Gov. Sanwo-Olu sound out the APC members at grassroots for feedback before this ban? I hope he analyzed the political implications come 2023 elections because Jagaban wouldn't blink before throwing him under the bus and nearer the tyres for maximum impact.
Na lie. Fashola banned Okada and tri cycle and nothing happened. When Ambode that allow okada back on streets could not get second term.
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by LZAA: 8:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
immhotep:

Ok oh grin

Cc lzaa blackking98 jimyjames bastardmod gmbuharii
Sai jagabangrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by puremaker7(m): 8:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
slimfit1:
Tram is a cheaper alternative
tram in nigerian city? who will build it? they will rather steal the money

1 Like

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Alwaysachick: 9:00pm On Feb 03, 2020
They just unleashed crime from the pit of hell. Hope they are ready for the trouble ahead. Most of those guys on keke were ex touts who choose a modest means of living
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 03, 2020
LZAA:

Sai jagabangrin
Sai asiwaju grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Btruth: 9:02pm On Feb 03, 2020
meum:
This should have been in place b4 the ban
a bi?

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by osazsky(m): 9:05pm On Feb 03, 2020
sarrki:
I support the ban

I an with u on this..our youths are too lazy common trekking they are all complaining ok assuming the whites didn't make cars for us wont they trek nonsense

1 Like

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by LZAA: 9:06pm On Feb 03, 2020
immhotep:

Sai asiwaju grin
Afamed and helinues wee say ipob has influenced sarrki
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by HenryThegreat1(m): 9:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
Useless and senseless governor
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Honeydenz(f): 9:08pm On Feb 03, 2020
My pain is criminals will take it on the poor masses, not the government that initiated their frustration

3 Likes

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 03, 2020
LZAA:

Afamed and helinues wee say ipob has influenced sarrki
Sarrki has finally joined BSS and IPOB grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by mickeyboy(m): 9:08pm On Feb 03, 2020
You need to see the plight of our people. It's very painful. I pray that our leaders will know how to plan well.
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:09pm On Feb 03, 2020
APC always a useless party they act before thinking.

Alternatives that should have been the first thing before the ban.

Now after thrle ban, you will think of alternative
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by amaifehenry(m): 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
solmus:
cool

APC no leave no Transfer, eastern port is being opened, abeg carry your okada go that side, carry your okirika business too

when we close the market, exclude foriegners from transport business and limit it to NURTW firmly controled by us, then una go sweat
Clap for yourself. Must you bring up tribal sentiments in every issue. I was reading through the comments, hoping I won't see anything like this. Its a national problem not just in Lagos

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by lexy2014: 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
Blue3k:
Act first think later governance. Those busses are needed asap. Lol alot people are complaining about their sore legs from all the walking.

D buses are actually luxury buses, d BRT type and are highly inadequate considering d short routes that keke/bikes used to cover e.g. d CMS/obalende route. Like u rightly noted, this is a govt that acted without thinking. Sometimes u just wonder if they have brains at all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by lexy2014: 9:16pm On Feb 03, 2020
solmus:
cool

APC no leave no Transfer, eastern port is being opened, abeg carry your okada go that side, carry your okirika business too

when we close the market, exclude foriegners from transport business and limit it to NURTW firmly controled by us, then una go sweat

D question is what alternatives were put in place in terms of employment and transportation b4 d ban? Who are d "foreigners" u referring to & why should they be excluded from d transportation business?
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by LZAA: 9:16pm On Feb 03, 2020
immhotep:

Sarrki has finally joined BSS and IPOB grin
Sai kanuwink
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Honeydenz(f): 9:17pm On Feb 03, 2020
Come to think of it, Must everybody stay in Lagos? Don't they have a village where they come from, Lagos is over populated. Every living soul wants to come to Lagos as if there's money tree there. Practically suffering and smiling in the name of being called a lagosian.

Alot of farmers in the village are far better than some Lagos-based men and women, realistically!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aba: A City In Ruins / APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole / Obaseki Leads Wike & PDP Governors On A Thank You Visit To Oba Of Benin(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.