Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,683 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Rich Dad Poor Dad - An Impractical Book - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Rich Dad Poor Dad - An Impractical Book (5600 Views)

I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! / CCECC Construction Workers Protest Sack, Poor Wage / Project & Data Analysis Using SPSS, Eviews, DAD, STATA Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rich Dad Poor Dad - An Impractical Book by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 27, 2011
@KodeWrita,you have re-written the code.No offence but I think Kambo isnt as open minded as he should be.The key is adaptability to one's environment, trying to do what Kiyosaki did calls for failure.

@Ajanlekoko.You got it down to the T.
Re: Rich Dad Poor Dad - An Impractical Book by mrinfo(m): 2:50pm On Mar 01, 2011
@poster, to milk value from all books especially written by foreigners you have to think and adapt after reading. Thinking starts where reading stops.
Re: Rich Dad Poor Dad - An Impractical Book by Jarus(m): 11:58am On Mar 04, 2011
This thread s very interesting. I ahve where I agree with the 'fors' and where I agree with the 'againsts'.

I also used to dismissed all those motivational books until I read 'Eat that frog'. Mhen, teh book is very helpful, thoughtful and practicable.
But I still have reservation about the way many Nigerians go about it, as if once you pick those those books, you have become a billionaire.
Re: Rich Dad Poor Dad - An Impractical Book by AjanleKoko: 12:07pm On Mar 04, 2011
^^
Jarus, I think you have said what exactly the problem is.
Nigerians cannot simply fill in the blanks between start and finish. I guess it is the entitlement mentality again. Nigerians expect to 'get' without a fair idea of what measure of 'giving' is required. Even churches nowadays teach that you don't need to give anything (except to the church!) to get whatever you want.
Re: Rich Dad Poor Dad - An Impractical Book by Abali1(m): 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2011
I like this thread. I have read most of kiyosaki's book, I don't think it's impracticable and I also have some issues with agreeing that all his method will work in Naija.
The issues I have, and which I expected the poster to raise, is the situation where a poor guy with no collateral could go a Nigerian bank(mortgage or commercial) and ask for a loan to invest in business or real estate like Kiyosaki did in the US. I think that will be highly difficult in Naija, though not impossible.

Kiyosaki built his wealth through mortgage loan, but asking someone without a collateral or long-leg in Naija to do same is like, telling a kid that s/he can fetch water with a basket.
having said that, I agree that if you have a good leverage like a well paid job, wealthy family and friends who can give you their trust, family inheritance, good education (academic as well financial and technology know-how) you can achieve what Kiyosaki achieved or even better than he did.

I will also add that Naija's should be encouraged to read about other Nigerians that have achieved a measure of wealth it will aslo help.
Re: Rich Dad Poor Dad - An Impractical Book by bukkytroni: 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2011
@ ALL

Can someone please take the bull by the horn, take the challenge of writing RICH DAD POOR DAD FOR NIGERIANS. Its doesnt have to be Robert Kiyosaki Again.

And please note that in the original ROBERT KIYOSAKI's book, it took him years to breakthrough, not a quick fix.

Thank you,

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’m Leaving My Job To Go Back To School: / How Relevant Is Itil Certification And How Do I Get Certified / Skye Bank Staffs voice out of unjust treatment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.