Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Clinton's Still Got It. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Clinton's Still Got It. (1139 Views)

Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London / Hillary Clinton Resigns As US Secretary Of State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clinton's Still Got It. by montelik(m): 10:33am On Dec 12, 2010
Did anyone catch President Obama's, actually President Clinton's presser on Friday. Talk about awkwardness, deja vu and surprise all rolled into one. Who would have imagined the supposedly politically dead Clinton (after the 2008 primaries) coming back to save Obama's a**, while Obama himself bailed out the back door.

See how Clinton played his desperation after his failed attempts to sell a negotiated compromise tax deal before the republican and tea party freshman take over in the house. The whole thing looked bad for Obama, while Clinton never looked better. Just look at Clinton rubbing his hand with glee and the smile on his face as they walked into the WH briefing room. Then the accompanying video of Clinton in front of the presidential seal deftly answering questions and holding court. Before Obama literally leans in across his own podium to excuse himself (he had to attend a party with the first lady  lipsrsealed ). Leaving Clinton to handle the press. As one caption on the photo of him leaving read "Nice try Barrack, but its time for the adults to takeover"
It looked bad.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5epgptSUbLc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="[/flash]

Another comment I read said  "what next, may be it will be GW Bush's turn to take the reigns again and explain to us why we all need to accept the new TSA screening procedures."   cheesy

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704457604576011890494296766.html?mod=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsThird

Don't ever write off Clinton.  wink

Re: Clinton's Still Got It. by 4Play(m): 1:27pm On Dec 12, 2010
It's amazing how the media makes a mountain out of a molehill. All the same, I'm loving it. Obama is enduring the same hate campaign Bush had to endure. grin
Re: Clinton's Still Got It. by oladcity(m): 4:13pm On Dec 13, 2010
Its apparent that Obama had already made his speech and answered questions too. So i don't think he brought Clinton along to do all the talking
Re: Clinton's Still Got It. by NegroNtns(m): 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2010
I have often repeated that President Obama need a handful of Democrats to run a partisan warfare and overwhelm the Republican blockade.  Ex-President Clinton is one of such warriors.  

Faced with a possible split in the party loyalty - reminisce of 2008 primaries -, this invitation was an attempt by President Obama to reassure the base.  

What truly shocked me is not the appearance on Friday but that Obama admitted - in reverse to his earlier downplaying of many successes of the Clinton Administration, preferring instead to glorify Carter and  Regan as two of the most successful Presidents in recent decades - that Clinton's Admin was a time of prosperity and success for the country.  

Now, it could have been handled with less formality and a seamless transition by having VP Biden usher both Presidents onto the stage.  Biden has a warm touch and a sense of practical humor, whereas his Boss is more formal and genteel. . . . . .an inappropriate fit for the situational drama that followed.

This is just Negro's opinion  cheesy, . . . .nothing more!
Re: Clinton's Still Got It. by oladcity(m): 6:04am On Dec 14, 2010
Hey negro, i want to agree with you
Re: Clinton's Still Got It. by MandingoII(m): 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2010
Fugg clinton

he got rid of Welfare and put more black men in jail.

fuc.k him!!!

(which is why the current refugees from africa are struggling)
Re: Clinton's Still Got It. by NegroNtns(m): 6:58pm On Dec 15, 2010
Lmao!!!!

Nigga, ctfu!! angry
Re: Clinton's Still Got It. by JeSoul(f): 7:28pm On Dec 15, 2010
There are some leaders, they have a presence about them, they command authority and have "stage presence". Obama while gifted in the art of oratory, does not seem to be one of such. Though I don't support him most of the time, I certainly wish that as my president he was more of a commanding figure than he is.

MandingoII:

Fugg clinton

he got rid of Welfare and put more black men in jail.

fuc.k him!!!

(which is why the current refugees from africa are struggling)
What kind of comment is this? Did Clinton force black men to commit the crimes they went to jail for? Is it the govt's responsibility to provide food for you or anyone else? isn't that your own responsibility? This is a regrettable comment to say the least.
Re: Clinton's Still Got It. by NegroNtns(m): 7:33pm On Dec 15, 2010
Oh, . . welcome back! I was wondering if you up there in Alaska shooting and hunting with Palin. wink
Re: Clinton's Still Got It. by JeSoul(f): 7:54pm On Dec 15, 2010
^lol, thank you. Though I was never really 'gone'. Palin is in Haiti now . . . she doesn't have time for moose hunting at the moment, but I'll be joining her soon enough. She says you're welcome to join anytime smiley
Re: Clinton's Still Got It. by MandingoII(m): 11:24pm On Dec 15, 2010
What kind of comment is this? Did Clinton force black men to commit the crimes they went to jail for? Is it the govt's responsibility to provide food for you or anyone else? isn't that your own responsibility? This is a regrettable comment to say the least.

YES, YES AND YES

If I were a NIGERIAN POLITICIAN I would steal from slowpoke like you too. cheesy
Re: Clinton's Still Got It. by NegroNtns(m): 1:21am On Dec 16, 2010
^lol, thank you. Though I was never really 'gone'. Palin is in Haiti now . . . she doesn't have time for moose hunting at the moment, but I'll be joining her soon enough. She says you're welcome to join anytime

"Palin in Haiti". . . . .

in Haiti doing what? What happened to Alaska?
Re: Clinton's Still Got It. by MandingoII(m): 1:34am On Dec 16, 2010
in Haiti doing what? What happened to Alaska?

hugging poor impoverished black kids for the camera's

& faking folks out. Like she cares about them.
Re: Clinton's Still Got It. by NegroNtns(m): 1:40am On Dec 16, 2010
wooo!
Re: Clinton's Still Got It. by OchiAgha2(m): 12:23am On Dec 20, 2010
Former President Clinton still has his swag. The man did not look like he wanted to leave the podium. It was awkward to see how President Obama left. However, President Clinton did do a good job explaining the tax bill. I still think the bill is a piece of crap though.

(1) (Reply)

Libya's Great Man-made River Project / President Robert Mugabe Steps Down / 23 Years Old Youngest Parliamentarian In West Africa Emerge In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.