Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (618120 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 9:09pm On Feb 07, 2021
afroxyz:

Plz what are the terms and conditions let me know if i qualify. I need those Google shares
1. You'll need to prove that you read the entire book by writing a 2,000 words summary of the book.
2. Show proof of your level of knowledge pre and post reading the book using objective measures.
3. Write and publish an alternate book that will have the impact you desired but failed to get from the present book of the month...

If you satisfy all the above conditions, I'll do a cross deal of 1000 units of nestle Nigeria to you

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kemicalreact: 10:02pm On Feb 07, 2021
Willie2015:

One major positive for the coy is their FCF......
FCF had been +ve for the past 3 quarters in a row......
Coy paused its dividend last year......
so they can produce a positive FCF And increase its cash position.....
Its 2020 FCF performance was 1.356 m Euros.
Q4 2020 FCF was 778 million EUR............................ Note 7 Q4 Results
Which is higher than Q3 2020 of FCF of 319 million EUR....
Dats huge...
Mgt is considering their dividend policy....
And will provide update at Capital Markets Day.
Earning is solid... with abundant free cash flow and rising cash balances...
Dividend anticipation will push price up.

Disc; Hold a long position in Nok
Noice, I guess I just have to average down by pilling more at this low price.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 10:31pm On Feb 07, 2021
Earnings for the week

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 1:59am On Feb 08, 2021
yazga:
1. You'll need to prove that you read the entire book by writing a 2,000 words summary of the book.
2. Show proof of your level of knowledge pre and post reading the book using objective measures.
3. Write and publish an alternate book that will have the impact you desired but failed to get from the present book of the month...

If you satisfy all the above conditions, I'll do a cross deal of 1000 units of nestle Nigeria to you

Ogaa o. If you underwrite any company for IPO, dem no go make am

7 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kemicalreact: 6:24am On Feb 08, 2021
stokfrick:

No.
I mean the order you placed at limit price(limit buy/sell orders)
Can such orders be cancelled immediately?
Just like we have in trove or chaka?
Just got in contact with their support, you can cancel a limit buy or sell order by going to the order history in your account tab and cancel it form there. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 10:57am On Feb 08, 2021
yazga:
So, it's that time of the week again when I get to rant and motivate us all to read our book of the month....

Our selected title for the month is "Rule #1" by Phil toen who is a great money manager in the US...

If there is 1 book that can teach a novice all he or she ever needs to know about investing, this is that book...

If you read this book, you literally don't have to read any other investing book... Its a great book...

*If you read this book and it doesn't change your investing mindset, I owe you 1,000 units of Google stock...*

NB: Terms and conditions apply....
Can you please recommend a book shop where I can get it?

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 11:00am On Feb 08, 2021
Ntybynte:
Visit my signature to learn how to stop losing bets on football games°
We don't do that here!

7 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kwende(m): 11:03am On Feb 08, 2021
Hello,

Will the recent CBN ban on crypto affect our ability to buy US stocks?.
I use Passfolio and will normally deposit naira into their account which is the converted into USD. Is there any chance the CBN might close their Nigeria account?

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Oyindamolah: 12:02pm On Feb 08, 2021
We are just watching
kwende:
Hello,

Will the recent CBN ban on crypto affect our ability to buy US stocks?.
I use Passfolio and will normally deposit naira into their account which is the converted into USD. Is there any chance the CBN might close their Nigeria account?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Oyindamolah: 12:18pm On Feb 08, 2021
Trove are using WEMA too
Leezah:
Trove

Hello Everyone,

One of our partners (Providus Bank) has deactivated bank account numbers it previously issued . They are disabling the feature for every one of their partners. We however are working to ensure a switch to another bank ASAP.

We would keep you posted on developments and when the new numbers for funding becomes available.

In the meantime cards and wire transfers are still available for use in funding your Trove wallets.

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sellydion: 12:24pm On Feb 08, 2021
Wao! My account was credited today by T212 since 27th Jan.

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Oyindamolah: 12:36pm On Feb 08, 2021
Congratulations Welcome on board
sellydion:
Wao! My account was credited today by T212 since 27th Jan.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 1:31pm On Feb 08, 2021
Focus on green energy
Focus on revolutionary healthcare

A bagger is a stock that has done 100%. Multi-bagger is a stock that can do multiple 100%.

So, which stocks do you think could become the next multibaggers and why?
Good morning

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 1:31pm On Feb 08, 2021
Kennyking1234:
Can you please recommend a book shop where I can get it?
What's your location?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by IyaTola: 1:50pm On Feb 08, 2021
Copied

Happy Monday Fam ��,

Jobs were not designed to create wealth, they were designed to create workers who, in turn, create wealth for someone else. This was established and perpetuated over the years, through conquest or ignorance, either from the lack of power and strategy or the lack of knowledge and information.

We live in a world where those with an effective strategy, whether morally or ethically right or wrong, have always and will always prevail. Since our access to information has changed, so can our strategies and ultimately our outcomes.

It is said that, “Those who think govern those who labor”, and in today’s time, we all have access to information that can change the way we think. However, having access alone means nothing without execution. So make moves or make excuses Fam, your livelihood is on the line.

“Intelligence rules the world, ignorance carries the burden.”

#Food4Thought

8 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Oyindamolah: 2:32pm On Feb 08, 2021
Hyundai Motor Co. and its affiliate Kia Motors Corp. said that they aren’t in talks with Apple Inc. to develop an autonomous vehicle, responding to intense speculation about the potential new product by the maker of the iPhone.

Apple paused discussions with Hyundai and Kia weeks ago about building an electric vehicle, people familiar with the matter said late last week. The Cupertino, California-based company has discussed similar plans with other auto manufacturers, the people added, asking not to be identified because the information isn’t public.

Shares of Hyundai, which said discussions with partners were in early stages, fell 6.2% in Seoul, while Kia slumped 15%.

A report from Japan’s Nikkei newspaper last week said Apple is in talks with at least six automakers for the development of its EV while Dow Jones said Kia had approached potential partners about a plan to assemble Apple’s electric car in Georgia.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Oyindamolah: 2:36pm On Feb 08, 2021
Don’t call yourself an investor if you sell when the share price goes down.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by LauraClasikVibe(f): 2:39pm On Feb 08, 2021
Ark Invest’s Big Ideas for 2021:

Oncoming automobile
Electric Vehicles - $TSLA
Deep Learning - $GOOG
Data Centers - $AMZN
Automation - $WMT
Virtual Worlds - $FB
Bitcoin - #BTC

And that’s not all...

Autonomous Ride-Hailing - $UBER
Genomic Sequencing - $PACB
Orbital Aerospace - $SPCE
Drone Delivery - $AMZN
Digital Wallets - $SQ
3D Printing - $DDD

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by LauraClasikVibe(f): 2:42pm On Feb 08, 2021
What I love about this is not that one gender is a better investor than the other but the reasons for the difference:

- women are more likely to invest in funds compared to men
- men are more likely to trade than women

It’s ego that leads men to underperform women, NOT skill difference.

What’s unfortunate about this is that male investors greatly outweigh female investors - this needs to change!

Let’s get more female investors

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Oyindamolah: 2:43pm On Feb 08, 2021
6 Rules To Win In Life
-If you want to be successful you should follow these steps, or these "rules" We all should follow this because I mean, who wouldn't want to be successful? Even though we might have different definitions of success, these could be applied to yours too.
-Have a vision for yourself, have clear what do you want to be, don't compare yourself to others, compare yourself with your old you, and see what you have to improve.
-Also, you need to realize that in order to grow you need to get out of your comfort zone and that if you read books you can get ahead of the competition. Remember to always stay humble and never quit the game, the game called life.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Oyindamolah: 2:44pm On Feb 08, 2021
Plays for Today’s Swing Trades:
*Reminder: my buy/sell alerts is just what I’m doing and should just be used for ideas. Not every entry/exit will be perfect timing.
$AYRO: Looking for it to hold that $7 support line. It has stayed on or just under support for a while now and been consolidating. Looking for that breakout and move up to $10

$LMNT: Has been in a descending pattern and has recently shown a reversal. It is poised to break the 340 resistance. If it breaks and hold resistance, a reasonable PT would be 350 and then 360. Ark invest is buying heavily. It also recently formed a head and shoulders formation.

$XL: It is in a falling wedge and testing resistance again at 22. It has a short float of 72% so we could easily see a breakout of 24+ if it breaks resistance.

$QCOM: They dropped 10% last week., It is currently very oversold and sitting on traditional support. I am looking for a reversal up to 15 with a stop-loss of 144.

$CIIC: The merger is expected to complete by march. It is in a falling wedge. A revesal pattern would give a PT of 32-35

$CLOV: We already saw a good reversal last Friday from the Buy alert. It has a potential of a $20 taget. I will see to dip in and out selling for my 10% and then buying on dips. I know that they are under investigation by the DOJ and that caused a huge panic by everyone to sell. One interesting note is that the general counsel for CLOV is a former DOJ and I think she knows how to keep things legal.

$VISL: it was a monster last week and may continue more today. I would not be looking for entries as it is already almost at my $5 PT. I will be looking to sell and then re-evaluate a new entry on a dip if I see more upside

$PPBT: It is currently in a nice pull back. I will be looking for a confirmation reversal before I make an entry. Valuation of the company has been reiterated at $25 and Morgan Stanly took a 5% stake in the company. Right now I am just watching and waiting.

$HEXO: New support is forming around the 7.70-7.75 range. If it holds support, I will look for an entry to swing it for a 4h time.

Today I am going to be focusing more on live alerts throughout the day. When the market is up this high, it is actually difficult to find safe plays as all-time highs make entries very risky. My thesis on all other plays not mentioned are still the same.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by LauraClasikVibe(f): 2:47pm On Feb 08, 2021
Six Ethics Of Life
-Before you pray you to have to believe.
-Before you speak you need to listen.
-Before you spend, you need to earn. Before you write or speak, think.
-Before you quit, try, and not only once, try multiple times and you will achieve your goal!
-Before you die, live!! This once might be one of the most important ones because it's absolutely insane how people forget to live their lives, they are working and working everyday and forget the joy they need.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Oyindamolah: 2:48pm On Feb 08, 2021
sset Owned By: Amazon.com Inc.
Ticker: AMZN
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Overview:
The largest e-commerce company in the world, Amazon offers a range of services including cloud computing, artificial intelligence, and digital streaming. There are over 350 million products found on Amazon.com which helps justify their US ecommerce dominance of around 25% market share.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Top Segments by Revenue:
- Online Stores ($197.3 Billion)
- Third-party Seller Services ($80.4 Billion)
- Amazon Web Services ($45.4 Billion)
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Current Stock Price:
$3,352.15
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Dividend Yield:
N/a
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Market Cap:
$1.69 Tillion
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2019 Revenue:
$385.89 Billion
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Relevant Competitors:
Walmart (WMT)
Alibaba (BABA)
JD.com (JD)
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Interesting Fact:
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the second largest cloud service provider in the United States and made Amazon $13.5 billion in 2020. Through certain tax breaks, Amazon hasn’t paid federal taxes in years. This is completely legal, and they do so by building warehouses and data centers in certain states.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Oyindamolah: 2:49pm On Feb 08, 2021
Defensive Stocks Part 1⁠
-⁠Why would you hunt down the best stocks to buy now for a downturn when the markets are at all-time highs?⁠
-⁠Naturally, it's better to have an escape plan before you need it. So if at some point the "hopium" disappears, you'll want to be exposed to more defensive stocks – companies that sell vital goods and services, have reliable earnings, and, where possible, pay dividends. Almost everything is overvalued now, but these kinds of stocks should hold their value better in a downturn than the rest of the market.⁠

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by LauraClasikVibe(f): 2:50pm On Feb 08, 2021
Growing wealth is actually easier than people think. It's the patience to let it happen that is rare.

Everyone wants to be rich, but almost nobody gets rich overnight. Warren Buffett made more than 80% of his wealth after he turned 50.

The point? Instead of finding some get-rich-quick scheme, it's better to use the tried-and-true wealth-building method that works just as well today as it did half a century ago.

There are ways to get rich quickly, but until you have learned to get rich slowly, you will go from rich to broke even more quickly. Once you have your system automated and churning properly, then move your energy into the scaling up of income generation by starting a side hustle or a business.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Oyindamolah: 2:55pm On Feb 08, 2021
If you spend any time online, it’s likely you’re familiar with some of the world’s most visited websites. On today’s internet, a handful of giants have unmatched dominance.

The top Three Websites

Google: 92.5 billion

YouTube: 34.6 billion

Facebook: 25.5 billion

�Together they bring over 152 billion visits monthly, outpacing the next 47 websites combined. What’s more, as the pandemic transformed everything from the way we work, learn, communicate, and shop a majority of these activities migrated online.

�With 27 sites on the list, the U.S. remains a dominant player. While its reach is highly concentrated on a global level, just a handful of companies own a majority of these sites.
What websites do you use the most?

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kwende(m): 2:56pm On Feb 08, 2021
$PPBT: It is currently in a nice pull back. I will be looking for a confirmation reversal before I make an entry. Valuation of the company has been reiterated at $25 and Morgan Stanly took a 5% stake in the company. Right now I am just watching and waiting.

PPBT is already up by +28.782% on pre market activities

Oyindamolah:
Plays for Today’s Swing Trades:
*Reminder: my buy/sell alerts is just what I’m doing and should just be used for ideas. Not every entry/exit will be perfect timing.
$AYRO: Looking for it to hold that $7 support line. It has stayed on or just under support for a while now and been consolidating. Looking for that breakout and move up to $10

$LMNT: Has been in a descending pattern and has recently shown a reversal. It is poised to break the 340 resistance. If it breaks and hold resistance, a reasonable PT would be 350 and then 360. Ark invest is buying heavily. It also recently formed a head and shoulders formation.

$XL: It is in a falling wedge and testing resistance again at 22. It has a short float of 72% so we could easily see a breakout of 24+ if it breaks resistance.

$QCOM: They dropped 10% last week., It is currently very oversold and sitting on traditional support. I am looking for a reversal up to 15 with a stop-loss of 144.

$CIIC: The merger is expected to complete by march. It is in a falling wedge. A revesal pattern would give a PT of 32-35

$CLOV: We already saw a good reversal last Friday from the Buy alert. It has a potential of a $20 taget. I will see to dip in and out selling for my 10% and then buying on dips. I know that they are under investigation by the DOJ and that caused a huge panic by everyone to sell. One interesting note is that the general counsel for CLOV is a former DOJ and I think she knows how to keep things legal.

$VISL: it was a monster last week and may continue more today. I would not be looking for entries as it is already almost at my $5 PT. I will be looking to sell and then re-evaluate a new entry on a dip if I see more upside

$HEXO: New support is forming around the 7.70-7.75 range. If it holds support, I will look for an entry to swing it for a 4h time.

Today I am going to be focusing more on live alerts throughout the day. When the market is up this high, it is actually difficult to find safe plays as all-time highs make entries very risky. My thesis on all other plays not mentioned are still the same.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Oyindamolah: 2:57pm On Feb 08, 2021
wink
kwende:

PPBT is already up by +28.782% on pre market activities

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by akinssan(m): 2:59pm On Feb 08, 2021
Oyindamolah:
wink

Whats happening in the cryto space?

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by LauraClasikVibe(f): 3:00pm On Feb 08, 2021
Books to Read in 2021
Books

- The Psychology of Money (wealth)
- Meditations (philosophy)
- Path to Wealth (wealth)
- Atomic Habits (self-help)
- 48 Laws of Power (self-help)
- The Wealthy Barber [Returns] (wealth)
- Your Money or Your Life (wealth)
- Shoe Dog (business)
- The Ride of a Lifetime (business)
- The 5AM Club (self-help)
- Rich Dad Poor Dad (wealth)
- The Creature From Jekyll Island (the history of money)
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich (wealth)
- Extreme Ownership (self-help)
⁃ A Random Walk Down Wall Street (investing)
⁃ Can’t Hurt Me (self-help)
⁃ Think and Grow Rich (wealth)
⁃ The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck (self-help)
- Bitcoin Billionaires (crypto)
- Zero To One (business)

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Oyindamolah: 3:02pm On Feb 08, 2021
It's overloaded a while back binance was not working. We need a decentralize trading, they are controlling the market aloowing thier friends to buy before us
akinssan:

Whats happening in the cryto space?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (432) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.