Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications (3740 Views)

DAF Ef Rotor And Injector Manual Drive, Single Axle, 8m / Are These The Most Ridiculous Car Modifications You Have Ever Seen? (Photos) / 2019 Range Rover Sport Get Some New Modifications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:13pm On Feb 05, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
When your vehicle is registered as a private one, you add a Hackney carriage permit if it were to ever be engaged in commercial transport. That's the provision of the law.

Meanwhile a friend of mine who uses a RX300 Lexus meet a mechanic who connected two "resistors" or "stepdown" to the fuel injectors to reduce fuel consumption and its working perfectly. Any long-term side effect on the engine out vehicle performance?

GAZZUZZ
GAZZUZZ
GSZZUZZ.
Please respond.Thanks!

This will be an interesting topic that's why I moved your comment here.

Intectors operate on pulse, short and long pulses, dropping the voltage would it distort the spray pattern ? Let's discuss.

Thegiftedone more pics please.

Cc nurey, diportivo, inception, motorguru, smartchoiices, chukel, Kashif, JohnAbraham, autologic, timifakay, oluwaseunla.

Add more as you remember

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by AutoMoTech(m): 3:52pm On Feb 05, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Intectors operate on pulse, short and long pulses, dropping the voltage would it distort the spray pattern ? Let's discuss.

Cc nurey, diportivo, inception, motorguru, smartchoiices, chukel, Kashif, JohnAbraham, autologic, timifakay, oluwaseunla.

Add more as you remember

Voltage drop would distort spray pattern since the voltage will drop meaning the current ramp/current build up in the coil will be weak thereby creating a weak magnetic field. Which in turn will result in the pintle not lifting as it should. Eventually spray pattern will be distorted.

My 2 cents

Would have been really nice to check and compare the voltae and current rampnof hoth circuits on a scope ooo....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by snipesdam(m): 6:42pm On Feb 05, 2020
Can wee see image of this modification?
Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by Billiebaba(m): 2:38am On Feb 06, 2020
First, I would like to see and know the value of the resistors added to it and how the modifications were made. Resistors will surely limit the amount of current pulsing the injectors. Thereby causing incomplete opening of the solenoids in the injectors. It might actually affect the spray pattern, whichever way it will still spray fuel. But what bothers me is will the new spray pattern allow for complete combustion that won't affect the engine's performance at higher RPM.

2 Likes

Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by nurey(m): 8:46am On Feb 06, 2020
I think it's all in the head grin

let's see the connection first and the resistors in particular

That's how they spread coronavirus to cars grin

2 Likes

Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by ControlModule(f): 8:57am On Feb 06, 2020
nurey:
I think it's all in the head grin

let's see the connection first and the resistors in particular

That's how they spread coronavirus to cars grin

hehehe na so corollavirus turn superstar o
Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by Inception(m): 12:39pm On Feb 06, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Add more as you remember

The nozzle pulse width ( degree of opening and closing) works with information obtained from the MAP/MAF sensors, throttle position sensor, coolant temperature sensor etc to assure a stoicometric ratio of 14.7(air) to 1(fuel), usually with a specified range of values (perfect region between 0% to 20%). This range of values helps to cater for differing levels of engine load therefore assuring that vehicle operates optimally in virtually any condition as designed.

Using a resistor to reduce the quantity of fuel is pure nonsense in that it only consider only one aspect of what makes your engine run properly. it in a way messes up the calibrations programmed in the ECU and in such engine may never provide the necessary power output required to move its weight around. I would not be surprised to see a system too lean or system too rich condition and misfire codes if i ever happen to scan such a car.In order words the ECU will always try to compensate, and when that reaches a threshold, reduced power will always result to avoid damage to the engine. And you car will be annoyingly sluggish.

The only way to consider the total picture in improving mileage if one wants to follow that route is to calibrate the ECU. Or buy a Corolla.

3 Likes

Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by 9icetoo(m): 3:33pm On Feb 06, 2020
I do not claim to know how the injectors work but my lay man understanding is this.
Pressure is fixed. Volume injected is dependent on the length of time the injector stays open which is determined by the ecu . The ecu monitors the efficiency of its actions by monitoring the air flow meter reading, the air fuel ratio meter readings while factoring in other variables like temperature, load, etc.
Does the injector have levels of opening like on a scale of 1-10 governed by the ecu? Cos I would like to think this is the only way a resistor can affect the volume of fuel injected by limiting the voltage flowing to the injector causing it not to open fully and reducing the quantity of fuel injected.

To the best of my knowledge (my knowledge which may not be correct), the injector is a on or off device. It's either open or close. It doesn't have levels of opening like say a flow control valve.

If that is true, then I struggle to understand how a resistor is going to achieve the fuel saving being discussed.

Following.

I'd like to see a picture of the setup by the way.

1 Like

Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by Inception(m): 3:50pm On Feb 06, 2020
9icetoo:
I do not claim to know how the injectors work but my lay man understanding is this.
Pressure is fixed. Volume injected is dependent on the length of time the injector stays open which is determined by the ecu . The ecu monitors the efficiency of its actions by monitoring the air flow meter reading, the air fuel ratio meter readings while factoring in other variables like temperature, load, etc.
Does the injector have levels of opening like on a scale of 1-10 governed by the ecu? Cos I would like to think this is the only way a resistor can affect the volume of fuel injected by limiting the voltage flowing to the injector causing it not to open fully and reducing the quantity of fuel injected.

To the best of my knowledge (my knowledge which may not be correct), the injector is a on or off device. It's either open or close. It doesn't have levels of opening like say a flow control valve.

If that is true, then I struggle to understand how a resistor is going to achieve the fuel saving being discussed.

Following.

I'd like to see a picture of the setup by the way.

It is PWM (pulse width modulated)
Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by Billiebaba(m): 1:52am On Feb 07, 2020
Inception:

Injectors are not pulse width modulated, they are more like mechanical switches like that of relays.
Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by Inception(m): 8:18am On Feb 07, 2020
Billiebaba:

Injectors are not pulse width modulated, they are more like mechanical switches like that of relays.

It is sir. Please kindly research more on it.

2 Likes

Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by AutoMoTech(m): 8:29am On Feb 07, 2020
Billiebaba:

Lwkmd. Like seriously? Bros and U dey talk dis thing confidently o...

3 Likes

Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by 9icetoo(m): 8:33am On Feb 07, 2020
Inception:

Will read up on this.

1 Like

Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by AutoMoTech(m): 8:50am On Feb 07, 2020
9icetoo:

Will read up on this.
Very good idea. Because most components in recent cars r controlled via PWM. ECU uses PWM to even control alternator charging in the EOD...

2 Likes

Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 07, 2020
Please I have a 2016 corolla that keeps misbehaving.
Some nights ago it just develop CEL and trac off light and started vibrating well well.
I off the car and start and it disappeared and I travelled and left the car at home.
Came back last night and drive the car again at 80mph the light appear again and refuse to go off.
I know I should scan but I really don't know good japanese techies in phc.The ones I know really bleeped me up last year as I got a jap car and I am scared to go there again.
What could be the cause and any techie any one can recommend for me in phc to do the job?
Cc 9icetoo,gazzuzz,kingreignn,rationalmind....
Please help a bro.
Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by KINGreignn: 10:35am On Feb 07, 2020
nwanneni:
Some nights ago it just develop CEL and trac off light and started vibrating well well.
I off the car and start and it disappeared and I travelled and left the car at home.
Came back last night and drive the car again at 80mph the light appear again and refuse to go off.
I know I should scan but I really don't know good japanese techies in phc.The ones I know really bleeped me up last year as I got a jap car and I am scared to go there again.
What could be the cause and any techie any one can recommend for me in phc to do the job?
Cc 9icetoo,gazzuzz,kingreignn....
Please help a bro.

Scan and post codes here, we'll help you.
Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 07, 2020
KINGreignn:

Scan and post codes here, we'll help you.
ok thanks,will do tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 07, 2020
nwanneni:
Please help a bro.

You may want to run through this page( https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-c21610_ds639052 ) and also try out this suggestion pending when you can run a scan

You can contact chuks 07017081067 for a scan or MrFord on nairaland.

Hey Maribel, couple of questions: are you covered by warranty? is there any loss of engine power? is car running normal? Please note Trac Off light will show due to oxigen mix issues (no relation with traction control but that is the way they show this). I got the same issue (Corolla 2015, 67000miles) after putting some gas. Check codes: P0171 System Too Lean Bank 1. This means oxigen sensor on bank 1 detected and issue. Next time I filled up the gas tank, I made sure cap was tighten. Code was gone. If you are paying for the repair and car is running normal, I would suggest to cancel the parts order for now. First make sure fuel cap is tight or just go ahead and fill up the gas tank and make sure you tight the cap. Trac off warning will go away after some driving (wait at least a full day). Let us know how it went.
Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 07, 2020
rationalmind:

You may want to run through this page( https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-c21610_ds639052 ) and also try out this suggestion pending when you can run a scan

You can contact chuks 07017081067 for a scan or MrFord on nairaland.

thanks bro,will call him.
Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by Mrford(m): 12:57pm On Feb 07, 2020
nwanneni:
Please help a bro.

Where is your location?
Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
Mrford:

Where is your location?
I dey trans amadi.
You fit drop number?
Where are you?
Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by Billiebaba(m): 3:01pm On Feb 07, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Lwkmd. Like seriously? Bros and U dey talk dis thing confidently o...
Forgive my memory, I just got it clearly now. I'm being confused with duty cycle of electric motors as their speed is controlled by the percentage duty cycle and forgetting that injectors duty cycle varies the amount of time it will open, thinking it only controls rotary related components. I agree injectors are pulse width modulated.

1 Like

Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by Mrford(m): 4:44pm On Feb 07, 2020
nwanneni:
I dey trans amadi. You fit drop number? Where are you?
Mgbuoba I can come to you
Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by AutoMoTech(m): 7:55pm On Feb 07, 2020
Billiebaba:

Forgive my memory, I just got it clearly now. I'm being confused with duty cycle of electric motors as their speed is controlled by the percentage duty cycle and forgetting that injectors duty cycle varies the amount of time it will open, thinking it only controls rotary related components. I agree injectors are pulse width modulated.

Gbam... Good thing is we learn from eachother
Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by EgunMogaji2: 8:41am On Feb 08, 2020
Billiebaba:

Seuns children, see how an adult behaved in a debate?

2 Likes

Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by EgunMogaji2: 8:48am On Feb 08, 2020
My answer is in two parts:

1) I've been to Gate in Ibadan, some of those primates there can do impressive work. Impressive as in it will actually work but typically not for long. Naija standard issue stuff.

2) I personally prefer carburetor (yeah I'm an old Dog) because you can modify behaviors by changing jets, accelerator pumps and/or converting ventures, but when fuel injectors started to become regular issued some shops opened up locally (SoCal) that offered injector modifications. So I know injectors can be made to flow more or flow less. I never tried to understand what they did but was only interested in getting sets of matching flow injectors.

Anything is possible.

2 Likes

Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:35am On Feb 08, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
My answer is in two parts:

1) I've been to Gate in Ibadan, some of those primates there can do impressive work. Impressive as in it will actually work but typically not for long. Naija standard issue stuff.

2) I personally prefer carburetor (yeah I'm an old Dog) because you can modify behaviors by changing jets, accelerator pumps and/or converting ventures, but when fuel injectors started to become regular issued some shops opened up locally (SoCal) that offered injector modifications. So I know injectors can be made to flow more or flow less. I never tried to understand what they did but was only interested in getting sets of matching flow injectors.

Anything is possible.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 08, 2020
Wheew,finally...
I got in contact with mrford today and had my issue resolved.
So for those who know,I have been having issues with my Corolla as check engine light and trac off light illuminated on the dashboard and vibrations followed.
So I got in touch with Mrford here on NL through rationalmind and he came,almost punctual(traffic maybe) and scanned the car and it appeared cylinder 4 was misfiring.
Did his thing and it's all good now with dashboard showing no single light.
I will like to recommend him to most of the phc guys here as I can vouch for his sincerity,humility and professionalism.
It's(cartalk) getting better I guess undecided
Cc 9icetoo,captainking,inception,seanfer,etc...

2 Likes

Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by seanfer(m): 5:09pm On Feb 08, 2020
nwanneni:
Wheew,finally...
I got in contact with mrford today and had my issue resolved.
So for those who know,I have been having issues with my Corolla as check engine light and trac off light illuminated on the dashboard and vibrations followed.
So I got in touch with Mrford here on NL through rationalmind and he came,almost punctual(traffic maybe) and scanned the car and it appeared cylinder 4 was misfiring.
Did his thing and it's all good now with dashboard showing no single light.
I will like to recommend him to most of the phc guys here as I can vouch for his sincerity,humility and professionalism.
It's(cartalk) getting better I guess undecided
Cc 9icetoo,captainking,inception,seanfer,etc...

I met with him on Monday.. I drove to his house and he checked my fuel level sending unit.. After diagnosing my Car he said i should go and drive it for some time.... I asked what was his charges and he said i should go... It was like a dream to me here in PHC where someone will do that for free.... I didn't leave until he collected the little I have for him.... I just wish he will get a nice space not too far to the main town...

1 Like

Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 08, 2020
seanfer:

I met with him on Monday.. I drove to his house and he checked my fuel level sending unit.. After diagnosing my Car he said i should go and drive it for some time.... I asked what was his charges and he said i should go... It was like a dream to me here in PHC where someone will do that for free.... I didn't leave until he collected the little I have for him.... I just wish he will get a nice space not too far to the main town...
He almost did the same thing with me today and I wasn't happy about it.
Some people will want to take advantage of that no doubt and it will be bad.I trust nigerians.
Anyways,I think the lad knows what he is doing I must confess.
More patronage for him.

2 Likes

Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by SensualMan1(m): 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

we have seen your handiwork at the ports oga.

But God pass u.

1 Like

Re: Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications by nurey(m): 5:14pm On Feb 08, 2020
SensualMan1:
we have seen your handiwork at the ports oga.

But God pass u.

My brother they say a fool @ 40 is a fool forever, your own foolishness carry extra horse power join. Don't start what you can't finish you are warned

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

When The Real Police Bike Shows Up / Very Stiff EOD Steering Problems / MymotoPHEV: Pre-order Hybrid, Plugin, Electric Cars/SUV (wt Support&maintenance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.