Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,062 members, 7,810,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation (5285 Views)

South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo / Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary / Buhari Constitutes Committee On Autonomy Of State Legislature (FULL LIST) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by DNSPro: 10:30pm On Feb 05, 2020

A group, Oodua Action Movement, has called for an autonomous state of Yorubaland, urging the United Nations (UN), United States (U.S.), African Union (AU), European Union (EU), the Group of Seven (G-7) and other international institutions to come to the rescue.

The group, in a statement signed by its Co-ordinator, Demola Edward, noted that the Yoruba nation, as an ethnic of over 40 million people, should be able to manage its resources.

Edward urged President Muhammadu Buhari to begin the process for an autonomous Yoruba nation as a federating unit in Nigeria, as granted the South-West region upon independence in 1960.

He said: “As citizens in Diaspora, having watched the trend of events in Nigeria from the sidelines over the years and especially the current spate of insecurity of lives and property and the continued degeneration of the country, we have unequivocally concluded that the country with its present structure is in a state of irredeemable rot.

“Nigeria is now in the infamous league of failed nations.
From the foregoing, it is obvious that the present unitary structure of Nigeria has significantly inhibited the country’s growth and prospects.

“We demand an autonomous state for Yorubaland. The Yoruba people claim and demand our rights to self-determination; our rights to autonomously govern our region and manage our resources and own our destiny.

“The Oodua Action Movement, on behalf of Yoruba worldwide, is relentlessly committed to this cause. We are prepared to use all legal and peaceful means within the confines of international laws and norms to actualise an autonomous nation for Yoruba people within Nigeria.”

Source: https://guardian.ng/news/south-west-group-demands-autonomy-of-yoruba-nation

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 05, 2020
This good for Nigera as a nation that want to grow

5 Likes

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by aremuforlife(m): 10:47pm On Feb 05, 2020
Best way to go, let start with peacefull dialogue. I am fully in support of autonomy for every region and kwara state and some part of kogi should be included in the western region autonomy. They should not be left to the north else, they will be problem in future.
We need to start the process from the senator and representatives representing us from the West.

13 Likes

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 05, 2020
Reading
Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by Bringback9ja: 11:07pm On Feb 05, 2020
As big as Nigeria is, an order must come from Abuja before a security issue can be attended to in Ekiti (a place the sitting president visit during campaign only).

All development in our land must come from an Unknown person from wherever.

It doesn't make sense and it will never work. We're not going violent but legal. If it take too long, violent won't be negotiable. Why? Because I don't see next generation buying this crap.

Imagine what comparison between China, USA, Dubai and Nigeria will feels like in 2050. We need to restructure this country. If you see the illegal mining of gold going on somewhere in ile-ife and other northern parts, you will be amazed. Still, Nigeria produce few kg of gold.

This structure has proven time and time again that Nigeria is too big for a man to rule. This will continue to cause tribal war among us and corruption will continue to thrive

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by cosef: 11:08pm On Feb 05, 2020
aremuforlife:
Best way to go, let start with peacefull dialogue. I am fully in support of autonomy for every region and kwara state and some part of kogi should be included in the western region autonomy. They should not be left to the north else, they will be problem in future.
We need to start the process from the senator and representatives representing us from the West.

Na today day break for ya eye? I thought you claimed one nigeria is paradise for you yorubas? grin grin

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by Meti99(m): 11:32pm On Feb 05, 2020
I wonder what those principalities and powers are doing in the Senate... it's either restructuring or breakaway

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by AyakaDunukofia: 11:34pm On Feb 05, 2020
Because the owners of Nigeria don't really believe in nation building.

3 Likes

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by kellight(m): 2:06am On Feb 06, 2020
Nothing corona beer no go see for coronavirus hand grin

1 Like

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by Israelconcepts: 2:45am On Feb 06, 2020
angry
Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by EagleNest(m): 5:17am On Feb 06, 2020
That's the way to go! Restructuring has always been a way forward to get Nigeria working again. The present system, have and will never get us anywhere. It was created by military as a matter of exigency, and over the years have deteriorated beyond repair esp under the present administration.

4 Likes

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by awgumayor: 6:51am On Feb 06, 2020
aremuforlife:
Yoruba's in kwara and kogi are good to be included but Igbo's in Delta and Rivers are are not good to be included in Igbo nation. Hypocrites.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by aremuforlife(m): 7:18am On Feb 06, 2020
awgumayor:
Yoruba's in kwara and kogi are good to be included but Igbo's in Delta and Rivers are are not good to be included in Igbo nation. Hypocrites.
[quote][/quote]
Nobody is stopping the Igbo's in Delta and Rivers not align with their kingsmen in Igbi nation.
I am only talking about my kingsmen. No stone should be left on touch

5 Likes

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by awgumayor: 7:26am On Feb 06, 2020
aremuforlife:

Nobody is stopping the Igbo's in Delta and Rivers not align with their kingsmen in Igbi nation.
I am only talking about my kingsmen. No stone should be left on touch
Good. Let you yorubas mind your business anytime igbo are discussing about their kinsmen in ss and se

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by awgumayor: 7:26am On Feb 06, 2020
awgumayor:
Good. Let you yorubas mind your business anytime igbo are discussing about kinsmen in ss and se.

5 Likes

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by aremuforlife(m): 7:28am On Feb 06, 2020
[/quote][quote author=awgumayor post=86416593] Good. Let you yorubas mind your business anytime igbo are discussing about kinsmen in ss and we.
The YORUBA'S have never been interested in Igbo's business rather Igbo's has always been obsessed with anything that has to with YORUBA'S most especially Tinubu

6 Likes

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by awgumayor: 7:47am On Feb 06, 2020
aremuforlife:

The YORUBA'S have never been interested in Igbo's business rather Igbo's has always been obsessed with anything that has to with YORUBA'S most especially Tinubu
Maybe, you are not visiting social media. It's in the other way round, Igbos had never been interested in Yoruba business whether you include kwara, kogi and even Edo, igbos don't care but whenever igbos mentioned igbos in delta you yorubas will start shouting "attache by force".

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by giftedben: 7:58am On Feb 06, 2020
Are you guys sure they are Yoruba group. You people should check very well oO because the Yorubas I know use to behave some-how

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by clarocuzioo(m): 8:04am On Feb 06, 2020
aremuforlife:

Yes because I he drug Baron sent things during election to destroy votes cast where Igbos have block votes, sent his thugs to threaten peaceful Igbo traders, and his wife openly called us Okoro, so you want us to fold our arms and be applauding the drug Baron?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by YorubaKinging: 8:06am On Feb 06, 2020
This is inevitable and they know this...but this can't happen without war....
The next few years will be very hot
Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by aremuforlife(m): 8:09am On Feb 06, 2020
[/quote][quote author=clarocuzioo post=86417383]

Yes because I he drug Baron sent things during election to destroy votes cast where Igbos have block votes, sent his thugs to threaten peaceful Igbo traders, and his wife openly called us Okoro, so you want us to fold our arms and be applauding the drug Baron?
It is only a bastard Igbo that will denied been Okoro, it's like calling an Hausa man Aboki or a Yoruba man Afonja the you guys call in.
Why can't you guys leave Tinubu alone.and.face your irresponsible leaders, the SE has produce the most useless the leaders since democracy but you guys has not been condemning them but you guys are always eager to condemn the leaders of others region.

3 Likes

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by aremuforlife(m): 8:10am On Feb 06, 2020
[/quote][quote author=giftedben post=86417244]Are you guys sure they are Yoruba group. You people should check very well oO because the Yorubas I know use to behave some-how
Can you explain how the YORUBA'S behave
Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by DNSPro: 8:13am On Feb 06, 2020
aremuforlife:

you don't get it. Igbos always mention se/SS in their narrative on nairaland but your brothers who are ignorant of the fact that there are igbos in the SS will call them attache by force, land grabbers etc for always adding ss. Have u heard people from rivers state speak? U will think its an Igbo man from the east speaking. Even Ameachi once said his igbo root can not be denied.

But here you are calling your kinsmen in Kogi and Kwara...

That is hypocrisy.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by DNSPro: 8:13am On Feb 06, 2020
YorubaKinging:
This is inevitable and they know this...but this can't happen without war....
The next few years will be very hot
I will be in Ghana once I see traces of war brewing. But the Nigerian army can't win this very war... Yes, they can't. They will loose woefully

1 Like

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by clarocuzioo(m): 8:18am On Feb 06, 2020
aremuforlife:

It is only a bastard Igbo that will denied been Okoro, it's like calling an Hausa man Aboki or a Yoruba man Afonja the you guys call in.
Why can't you guys leave Tinubu alone.and.face your irresponsible leaders, the SE has produce the most useless the leaders since democracy but you guys has not been condemning them but you guys are always eager to condemn the leaders of others region.

In South east we call thieves, the theives they are and not worship drug Barons, never

He looked for our trouble by sending his miscreants and thugs like you to burn our votes in Lagos, thank God we dealt severely with one of his urchins, sending a string message to him that we are ready for him.

And later he also sent his thugs to traders doing their businesses, we can never be intimidated by any idiot, he may be worshiped by hungry miscreants like you, but as long as we are concerned, he's a drug Baron and we don't give a damn about him.

So continue defending a drug Baron so you can eat, but Igbos will never, that's the big difference between you and me, you are a slave, I am a free born.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by giftedben: 8:21am On Feb 06, 2020
aremuforlife:

Can you explain how the YORUBA'S behave
They don't have the balls to demand for something. They act like they don't want to offend someone.

6 Likes

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 8:52am On Feb 06, 2020
giftedben:
Are you guys sure they are Yoruba group. You people should check very well oO because the Yorubas I know use to behave some-how
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 8:54am On Feb 06, 2020
DNSPro:
I will be in Ghana once I see traces of war brewing. But the Nigerian army can't win this very war... Yes, they can't. They will loose woefully
we all would be the loosers but in the end sanity will prevail!!
Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 8:55am On Feb 06, 2020
clarocuzioo:

In South east we call thieves, the theives they are and not worship drug Barons, never

He looked for our trouble by sending his miscreants and thugs like you to burn our votes in Lagos, thank God we dealt severely with one of his urchins, sending a string message to him that we are ready for him.

And later he also sent his thugs to traders doing their businesses, we can never be intimidated by any idiot, he may be worshiped by hungry miscreants like you, but as long as we are concerned, he's a drug Baron and we don't give a damn about him.

So continue defending a drug Baron so you can eat, but Igbos will never, that's the big difference between you and me, you are a slave, I am a free born.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by Bringback9ja: 9:01am On Feb 06, 2020
giftedben:

They don't have the balls to demand for something. They act like they don't want to offend someone.

This is perfect definition of your governors. I won't say "your people".

Since south west launched her security outfit, your governors who should follow the link we gave decided to keep begging Buhari till now before they can come up with a plan.

Joining ipob to achieve Biafra ain't bravery. It's stupidity.

A man who has no political value or say came from no where to get you Biafra and you call that bravery?

We dare the Federal government and the whole north when we like. No one dictate for us. We have been doing everything to make Nigeria work for us all but that mission is impossible.

Stop insulting Yoruba. That's one reason why Nnamdi Kanu sent himself on exile till today. You don't have to hate to achieve what you want. Have a blessed day

8 Likes

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by aremuforlife(m): 9:02am On Feb 06, 2020
[/quote][quote author=clarocuzioo post=86417774]

You should be ashamed of yourself

2 Likes

Re: South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation by aremuforlife(m): 9:07am On Feb 06, 2020
[/quote][quote author=giftedben post=86417834]
That is what they called diplomatic dialogue.
You don't the power in peaceful dialogue, we are peace lover, but dangerous in revenge, we don't go to war we know we can't win, we always retreat to prepare for another war with a better strategies. I bet you your nation can not accept the little out of what the Yoruba nations has been accepting.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rumours That Ojukwu Is Dead ON Twitter !!!!! / Chris Ngige Dumps APC For APGA / I Am On Radio This Moment Discussing Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.