Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,489 members, 7,854,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:53 AM

PDP Blames Buhari For Okada Ban In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Blames Buhari For Okada Ban In Lagos (742 Views)

PDP Blames Buhari For Coronavirus In Nigeria / Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project / PDP Blames Jimi Agbaje For Embarrassing Defeat In Lagos Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Blames Buhari For Okada Ban In Lagos by lekanolas: 4:15pm On Feb 06, 2020
The Peoples Democratic Party has blamed President Muhammadu Buhari for the current hardship being faced by Lagosians as a result of the ban on the operations of commercial motorcycles (Okada) and tricycles (Keke) in the state.

The party said Buhari should be blamed for terminating the initial Lagos Metro Rail Line project started by the government of Alhaji Lateef Jakande .

The project was to facilitate mass transportation within Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial nerve center, and surrounding cities.

The PDP in a statement on Thursday stated that had President Buhari not terminated that laudable project by the Lagos state government, Lagosians would not be suffering the transportation infrastructure deficit they are faced with today.

The statement was signed by the party’s Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan .

Read the full statement below:

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) sympathizes with Nigerians living and working in Lagos for the excruciating ordeal they are facing following the ban on the use of commercial motorcycles and tricycles (Keke Marwa) in the state.

The party, however, noted that the ordeal should be blamed on President Muhammadu Buhari who, in 1985, terminated the initial Lagos Metro Rail Line project started by the government of Alhaji Lateef Jakande to facilitate mass transportation within Lagos, as Nigeria’s commercial nerve center, and surrounding cities.

The PDP states that had President Buhari not terminated that laudable project by the Lagos state government, Lagosians would not be suffering the transportation infrastructure deficit they are faced with today.

https://newsday.com.ng/pdp-blames-buhari-for-okada-ban-in-lagos/
Re: PDP Blames Buhari For Okada Ban In Lagos by Simplyleo: 5:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
I agree with PDP on this.

I also blame Buhari for the name of its party chairman mr SECONDus.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Blames Buhari For Okada Ban In Lagos by Obataopue: 5:14pm On Feb 06, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: PDP Blames Buhari For Okada Ban In Lagos by OVIHINNO(m): 5:46pm On Feb 06, 2020
The blame game has now infested PDP too? We are in for a long ride......
Re: PDP Blames Buhari For Okada Ban In Lagos by yarimo(m): 6:19pm On Feb 06, 2020
Simplyleo:

1 Like

Re: PDP Blames Buhari For Okada Ban In Lagos by festacman(m): 6:24pm On Feb 06, 2020
Re: PDP Blames Buhari For Okada Ban In Lagos by Okoroawusa: 6:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
Na wa o!

That's how one PDP person said that Farida Waziri was sacked by GEJ in 2011 because she was frolicking with APC.

APC IN 2011?

One day PDP will blame Buhari for the ban of okada in Nnewi n Onitsha in Anambra State.
Re: PDP Blames Buhari For Okada Ban In Lagos by Susu888(m): 6:55pm On Feb 06, 2020
grin Dear lord!! I can't take this anymore.... laugh wan tear me.

Re: PDP Blames Buhari For Okada Ban In Lagos by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:21pm On Feb 06, 2020
Why some Yoruba's like this clown called Buhari is a mystery to me!
No good news is ever attributed to him

festacman:
Re: PDP Blames Buhari For Okada Ban In Lagos by juman(m): 8:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
Why some Yoruba's like this clown called Buhari is a mystery to me!

Cant you see that buhari also like them.
VP, speaker, etc positions occupied by them in his government.
In my view yoruba and north are partners.

Note: APC government is not performing well. Nigerians are hungry.
Re: PDP Blames Buhari For Okada Ban In Lagos by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:35pm On Feb 06, 2020
If Buhari could singlehandedly sack Osibanjo he would have done it, besides VP has proven not to be a threat to anybody anymore.

juman:

Cant you see that buhari also like them.
VP, speaker, etc positions occupied by them in his government.
In my view yoruba and north are partners.

Note: APC government is not performing well. Nigerians are hungry.
Re: PDP Blames Buhari For Okada Ban In Lagos by aremuforlife(m): 8:47pm On Feb 06, 2020
[/quote][quote author=StaffofOrayan post=86436523]Why some Yoruba's like this clown called Buhari is a mystery to me!

Because the YORUBA'S are well served in his regime better than when we have a Yoruba man as the head of state.
Re: PDP Blames Buhari For Okada Ban In Lagos by fyneguy: 9:02pm On Feb 06, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
If Buhari could singlehandedly sack Osibanjo he would have done it, besides VP has proven not to be a threat to anybody anymore.

You are naive lol
Re: PDP Blames Buhari For Okada Ban In Lagos by Earthquake2: 9:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
aremuforlife:

Because the YORUBA'S are well served in his regime better than when we have a Yoruba man as the head of state.

How has the positions helped your life?
Re: PDP Blames Buhari For Okada Ban In Lagos by Olugbanko: 9:06pm On Feb 06, 2020
PDP sha!
Re: PDP Blames Buhari For Okada Ban In Lagos by aremuforlife(m): 9:07pm On Feb 06, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]
[/quote][quote author=Earthquake2 post=86437713]

How has the positions helped your life?
I am not talking or interested in the position they are sitting, that is personal to them.
I am talking about the infrastructure been implemented in the west

(1) (Reply)

Abia Governor, Ikpeazu Hosts Gov. Dave Umahi Of Ebonyi State(photos) / Tension In Isuikwuato Over Abduction Of Travellers By Suspected Fulani Gunmen / Lesson For All The Southerners: Beware Of Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.