Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,037 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly (13225 Views)

Diary Of An Okro Farmer / Local Chicken Farming A New Oil Money. / Is Snake Farming A Profitable Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by my2chains(m): 11:27pm On May 15, 2020
Hi

Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by my2chains(m): 11:32pm On May 15, 2020
Aboki husslers,

just to remind you this guys are been paid every month 35k each,

they can really work for africa!

Cheers!

Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by my2chains(m): 11:36pm On May 15, 2020
Its good to be good

1 Like

Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by my2chains(m): 11:43pm On May 15, 2020
Keep it up

Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by my2chains(m): 11:51pm On May 15, 2020
Hmm

Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by Victornezzar: 2:13am On May 16, 2020
my2chains:

yea thanks for your opinion,

anyways my current okro plants are 2 weeks now,

in a month or so will upload pictures of my first commercial harvest.

Its good to be good,
but you really need to know this is lagos and everything vegetables sells,

just come and take a look in my area here to see prizes of vegetables,

you will keep on wondering is it not this same vegetable that i see everyday in the farm that is been sold this costly?

Although will upload more pics when the time comes

i never knew this yellow nsuka pepper is hot cake here in lagos

i stoped water leaf farming because of its low prize in market,

if every vegetable is to sell at 100 per piece then you will see that same size of water leaf for just 50 naira,

just to tell you its not that lucrative,

only to be added in the farm to help you generate money to be fuelling the generator and some other farm expenses!

Or else you can plant water leaf in a big acres of land or move down to akwa ibom to make a kill in it there!

cheers!
Saw your call bro but I've been very busy... Wil call you to talk at length later

You said you planted your Okra 2weeks ago??

But I thought u told me they're 2 months old or did you plant something else??
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by my2chains(m): 6:36am On May 16, 2020
Victornezzar:

Saw your call bro but I've been very busy... Wil call you to talk at length later

You said you planted your Okra 2weeks ago??

But I thought u told me they're 2 months old or did you plant something else??

sorry i slept off,
but bro if they are 2 months old now,

i would have been on harvest by now,

dwarf okro matures for harvest in just 2 months,

i said i got the farmland just last month,

the process of clearing, making boreholes and getting the irrigation system waisted much of the time,

today i will look for who to clear down the place and some days later will look for who to do the beds,

then some days later will look for who to do half of the farmland beds,

some other days again will still look for another to complete the whole beds remaining,

running around to get dwarf okro seeds,

went down to agric complex to negotiate if i can cut down prizes of buying the manure bags but had issues on transportation because no driver will want to carry dirty poultry waiste in his motor down to ur farm,

the prize just did not worked!
passengers will complain,

ran around again to get sprinkler irrigation,
then called for a plumber who delayed because he had another work to do at that period of time,

but in all this happening i was always going to the empty farmland as at then every single day to see what i can add to it,

also there was a time there was like 7 different road blocks with different forces mounting there,

from the police to the soldiers and to agberos,

to one other boys scout group too,
and lastma even maybe customs

all this happened in the period when lockdown and corona virus issues where very much hot.

Had it been there was no lockdown i would have gotten all the things i needed for the farm at ease,

that is why i have prayed
that the lord will not make us to go into things we have been poundering to do for a long time when its too late,

thats just my prayer here for everyone!

And in all this there was no commercial bus running as at then,

i was just flying bikes up and down and spending much on transportation,

a place that would have taken me just 100 naira to go took me 300 naira then,

and some time the bike man will turn around to take another road since he has sighted all this soldiers sizing people bikes,

it was really stressfull then just to get all this in a period there was really a serious lockdown,

only had the chance to plant just last 2 weeks!

Hmm it shall be well,
because i never gave up rather than staying idle and doing nothing at home.

I could have even choosing to be playing football in my streets with my fellow friends,

but i just choosed not to!

I really loved football so much
but i just have to sacrifice and leave it for just this project

cheers!
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by Victornezzar: 7:43am On May 16, 2020
my2chains:

sorry i slept off,
but bro if they are 2 months old now,

i would have been on harvest by now,

dwarf okro matures for harvest in just 2 months,

i said i got the farmland just last month,

the process of clearing, making boreholes and getting the irrigation system waisted much of the time,

today i will look for who to clear down the place and some days later will look for who to do the beds,

then some days later will look for who to do half of the farmland beds,

some other days again will still look for another to complete the whole beds remaining,

running around to get dwarf okro seeds,

went down to agric complex to negotiate if i can cut down prizes of buying the manure bags but had issues on transportation because no driver will want to carry dirty poultry waiste in his motor down to ur farm,

the prize just did not worked!
passengers will complain,

ran around again to get sprinkler irrigation,
then called for a plumber who delayed because he had another work to do at that period of time,

but in all this happening i was always going to the empty farmland as at then every single day to see what i can add to it,

also there was a time there was like 7 different road blocks with different forces mounting there,

from the police to the soldiers and to agberos,

to one other boys scout group too,
and lastma even maybe customs

all this happened in the period when lockdown and corona virus issues where very much hot.

Had it been there was no lockdown i would have gotten all the things i needed for the farm at ease,

that is why i have prayed
that the lord will not make us to go into things we have been poundering to do for a long time when its too late,

thats just my prayer here for everyone!

And in all this there was no commercial bus running as at then,

i was just flying bikes up and down and spending much on transportation,

a place that would have taken me just 100 naira to go took me 300 naira then,

and some time the bike man will turn around to take another road since he has sighted all this soldiers sizing people bikes,

it was really stressfull then just to get all this in a period there was really a serious lockdown,

only had the chance to plant just last 2 weeks!

Hmm it shall be well,
because i never gave up rather than staying idle and doing nothing at home.

I could have even choosing to be playing football in my streets with my fellow friends,

but i just choosed not to!

I really loved football so much
but i just have to sacrifice and leave it for just this project

cheers!
Wow

You've really passed through a whole lot oo

But that una Farmland suppose get middle road in between for easy access of Any vehicle coming in to collect goods. Drop Manure or even tractor
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by my2chains(m): 7:54am On May 16, 2020
Victornezzar:

Wow

You've really passed through a whole lot oo

But that una Farmland suppose get middle road in between for easy access of Any vehicle coming in to collect goods. Drop Manure or even tractor

that is really true bro,

but when aboki mallams where the first to have acquired the whole place what do you expect?

An aboki if given the chance will even farm on the main express road where vehicles are passing,

just to tell you how not calculative all this mallams are,

but if you are talking about tractors and a way for manure bags to come in,

there is another way i forgot to show you,

its where those security men are been mounted just to tell you the place is secured!

You will have to talk to them to open up the big gate for you so you can easily transport anything inside and outside of the farm!

But if you wait on aboki to help clear and make a path road where even thier barrows will pass,

thats a lie o!

If given the chance there wont have been anywhere we will even use to enter the farmland,

everywhere would have been occupied with plants
LOL!

cheers!
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by Victornezzar: 8:12am On May 16, 2020
my2chains:

that is really true bro,

but when aboki mallams where the first to have acquired the whole place what do you expect?

An aboki if given the chance will even farm on the main express road where vehicles are passing,

just to tell you how not calculative all this mallams are,

but if you are talking about tractors and a way for manure bags to come in,

there is another way i forgot to show you,

its where those security men are been mounted just to tell you the place is secured!

You will have to talk to them to open up the big gate for you so you can easily transport anything inside and outside of the farm!

But if you wait on aboki to help clear and make a path road where even thier barrows will pass,

thats a lie o!

If given the chance there wont have been anywhere we will even use to enter the farmland,

everywhere would have been occupied with plants
LOL!

cheers!
Didn't see the Big gate
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by my2chains(m): 9:39am On May 16, 2020
Victornezzar:

Didn't see the Big gate

yea i forgot to show you the gate,
even me myself dont like passing through that gate
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by FMCASH(m): 7:54pm On May 16, 2020
my2chains:

yea thanks for your opinion,

anyways my current okro plants are 2 weeks now,

in a month or so will upload pictures of my first commercial harvest.

Its good to be good,
but you really need to know this is lagos and everything vegetables sells,

just come and take a look in my area here to see prizes of vegetables,

you will keep on wondering is it not this same vegetable that i see everyday in the farm that is been sold this costly?

Although will upload more pics when the time comes

i never knew this yellow nsuka pepper is hot cake here in lagos

i stoped water leaf farming because of its low prize in market,

if every vegetable is to sell at 100 per piece then you will see that same size of water leaf for just 50 naira,

just to tell you its not that lucrative,

only to be added in the farm to help you generate money to be fuelling the generator and some other farm expenses!

Or else you can plant water leaf in a big acres of land or move down to akwa ibom to make a kill in it there!

cheers!
More love bro, I understand your energy vibes.

We will be alright laslas so far we are not idle

Jah bless
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by Nobody: 9:55am On May 17, 2020
Are you able to farm after the training at leventis?

Parablesonmarble:

I asked cos when I was at Leventis Foundation/Osun State Agric School in 2016, we planted both 42-day dwarf and lady finger species. It was a wonderful experience learning to grow and tend. However, sales became an issue. In southwest, half of the population do not eat okro for different reasons, part of the remaining half preferred jute mallow (ewedu) to okro. Since demand was poor, price was low. I then asked about post- harvest processes and I realized that very few Yoruba take processed okro (orunla).
I expanded my research and realized that South- east and South-south people eat more okro and both fresh and processed okro are valued especially during dry season when you only grow by fadama. The problem to me now is going as far as east or south-south to get market may be counterproductive in the long run. Well, I guess you'll never know until you try.
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by Parablesonmarble: 2:17pm On May 17, 2020
Adedokunworld:
Are you able to farm after the training at leventis?

Going back to medical school robbed me of effectively practicing farming for now but I plan to farm, on any scale, as soon as I have the resources including the time.
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by my2chains(m): 3:59pm On May 17, 2020
The okro i planted was the dwarf okro that matures in 52 days,

all you need is to keep applying them manure every 2 weeks and water them daily,

apply your insecticide weekly,
and try give them some forliar spray to make their leaves look more healthier,

the more green it looks the more nutrient you must have applied to it,

okro farming is good when you know the basics,

sorry my phone got lost yesterday,

will try get a new line to update here soon
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by my2chains(m): 5:34pm On May 17, 2020
My dream is just to be a big time rich niggar farmer!
Invest 100k in okro farming today and get 250% in just 4 months!
My2chains farm
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 19, 2020
I’m a student of Leventis set 2020,we are home now because of the virus.Hopefully we get back to learning and practicing soon

Parablesonmarble:

Going back to medical school robbed me of effectively practicing farming for now but I plan to farm, on any scale, as soon as I have the resources including the time.
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by Parablesonmarble: 7:52pm On May 19, 2020
Adedokunworld:
I’m a student of Leventis set 2020,we are home now because of the virus.Hopefully we get back to learning and practicing soon

Hey, great to know I have a fellow Nairalander from my Alma Mata. Leventis is a great place to learn farming but its unfortunate they didn't operate to full capacity during my time (2016) cos we were the pioneer set on reopening of the facility.
If you intend to practice commercially after school, it is advisable to be close to Mr. Adeyemo to learn crop properly and Mr. Chris for livestock. It will also be easier to consult them after school.
I wouldn't know how this corona break would affect your learning process as the real farming season is here now. Anything outside the rainy season is only Fadama, which is just part learning. I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 19, 2020
Thanks chief

Parablesonmarble:

Hey, great to know I have a fellow Nairalander from my Alma Mata. Leventis is a great place to learn farming but its unfortunate they didn't operate to full capacity during my time (2016) cos we were the pioneer set on reopening of the facility.
If you intend to practice commercially after school, it is advisable to be close to Mr. Adeyemo to learn crop properly and Mr. Chris for livestock. It will also be easier to consult them after school.
I wouldn't know how this corona break would affect your learning process as the real farming season is here now. Anything outside the rainy season is only Fadama, which is just part learning. I wish you all the best.
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by IRIENBOY(m): 5:09pm On May 21, 2020
my2chains:
My dream is just to be a big time rich niggar farmer!
Invest 100k in okro farming today and get 250% in just 4 months!
My2chains farm
can I have your phone number sir
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by my2chains(m): 11:15pm On May 29, 2020
The rains have started and we have watering the plants more easily now,

one thing okro plants thrive for best are manures,

adequate manure and weeding are key to successfully growing an okro plant,

okro can survive any weather conditions be it dry or very wet seasons,

but mind you this is the proper time for you to grow all types of vegetables,

the rains are here so anything planted this period will surely do well!

For those calling on my line for more details,
the thing is my line just got lost and my area is experiencing light issues,

with time i will still be updating you this thread

Cheers!
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by Kimberly042: 11:28am On May 30, 2020
Hello sir..Can i still partner with you or you have a partner already?
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by my2chains(m): 12:05pm On May 30, 2020
Kimberly042:
Hello sir..Can i still partner with you or you have a partner already?

the rains are here already,
if it suits you in anyway,
you can still come and take a look at the farm,

am considering going for hybrid seeds in my next planting season.

It seems to grow much faster than all this local seeds,

even be it pepper,okro,tomato,cucumber,watermelon etc

hybrid seeds is just really the best,
but the big deal is that hybrid seeds are very much expensive.

But am sure in 3-4 harvest you would have recovered back the money used to buy the hybrid seeds!

I went to the farm today only for the rains to have started.
I have to run back home to hide my head from the rain

afterall the ground is wet so no need for watering it again for like 3-4 days from now

Cheers!
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by Kimberly042: 12:14pm On May 30, 2020
Okay
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by Emmafly(m): 11:52am On Jul 12, 2020
Good morning,

I have ugu leaves for sale directly from the farm. order for any quantity. though at least a sizeable quantity. can supply anywhere within lagos. My farm location is at ikorodu. I will also embark on large scale dry season ugu farming by November, so potential buyers should also keep this number.

08183549869- Emmanuel.

1 Like

Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by my2chains(m): 6:33pm On Nov 09, 2020
Kimberly042:
Okay

call me on 09032884494
let's talk,

I still need a partner
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by my2chains(m): 6:35pm On Nov 09, 2020
Emmafly:
Good morning,

I have ugu leaves for sale directly from the farm. order for any quantity. though at least a sizeable quantity. can supply anywhere within lagos. My farm location is at ikorodu. I will also embark on large scale dry season ugu farming by November, so potential buyers should also keep this number.

08183549869- Emmanuel.

hey bro,
how do you sell?
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by Lonestar124: 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2021
FMCASH:
High yielding okro seed available for sales, limited offer, 07065317036
Kirikou f1
How much?
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by Babakolanut(m): 11:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
How much can be earned from a plot of land yearly? Pls update me on whatsapp +2349034612092 or unclemoringa@gmail.com
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by IRIENBOY(m): 10:43am On Jan 29, 2023
I need drawf okro.
Re: Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly by testimonyng: 10:34am On Oct 18, 2023
Which okro variety can be harvested for long period of time. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production / Help!, How Do I Start Home Vegetable Garden? / Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.