Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Which Car Was Your First Car? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Car Was Your First Car? (25454 Views)

Bouncer Laments After His Car Was Disfigured By Boys He Bounced In Edo (Video) / Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Wealthoptulent(m): 11:27am On Feb 09, 2020
whatmoreng:

These are very old cars nah. I guess you are under budget. I hope to get one this year too. And I don't want to spend much on a first car.

Bros I advise go for any old Corolla even if to buy part bit by bit and assemble your Corolla in your yard grin cheesy.. pencil light or envelope is a good car as toks but after 2 years u start having consistent issues jus two
1. Timming belt issues [u will be having extra belt in the trunk just like extra tyre].
2. Shock absorber ? Hmm 6 months intervals later u go dey use with no shocks���� .
angry cheesy
3. Engine seats? Hmm change gear and that gigi gigi sound angry angry ma foo mafo! Get Corolla and thank me later.

For say get bmw but you cant copen being ur 1st car, make u no buy use 6months den rest car 6months! It's a technical solving car n not mechanical! No light on dashboard is fancy! One light on, 1 new prob arising n quick quench bfr e quench u for road side! Depends on ur income sha
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 09, 2020
LMAOOOOO

illitrate:
1992 lancer, spent 2 days on the road and 2 months in the mechanic. the car would face left but going straight.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Analog95(m): 11:33am On Feb 09, 2020
I will come back to comment on this post when I finally get a car. because for now I'm still using my old lady machine to carry my wife and daughter around. but in case you want to dash out one of your car if you have more than 1. I want oo. make me sef dey carry my wife and pikin cruise town.

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by temmym4(m): 11:40am On Feb 09, 2020
Esseite:
I ride UBERS, cars are unnecessary headaches.

More like saying You live in a rented apartment because Personal House is an unnecessary headache.

Your mates are out there owning good cars with a driver to drive them around if they dont want to touch the steering. Your own na to boast of UBER.

Hustle o, so that when your mates are talking about personal belongings, you wont embrace posh public transportation as an achievement

5 Likes

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by omololu2020(m): 11:41am On Feb 09, 2020
Fentanyl:

filthy animal

there is no 2017 LS 500 or IS 500

who dash monkey banana, you go first buy bicycle tyre

see your mouth like benz

what a joke, your entire life and existence is a joke

ode
. K
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by jacksol(m): 11:43am On Feb 09, 2020
Peugeot
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by omololu2020(m): 11:43am On Feb 09, 2020
achymmania:
bro please help a brother. I need a small car to start Uber business. I promise to return the money in installment. Thanks in anticipation.
Lol... I bought just the lexus alone with my money.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by greatbrian(m): 11:48am On Feb 09, 2020
Icon4s:
Honda Accord 2000 Model (baby boy)
Bought it in 2008 and used it till 2015.
Beautiful ride, smooth on the road.
During the 7yrs period, I changed gear box once and the ball joint pulled twice. But that aside, the Car served me Wella. I had lots of good memories with the car. Like it appears in my wedding pictures. My first child went to school for the first time in it .(I still have the pix). I used it to bring my first child home from the hospital after birth(have the pix also).
I sold it because I needed to upgrade my car status wink. Else car was still running smooth.

Wow. That car is family bro... My mums first crush is still at home one TERCEL. She no drive am again but she kept telling me how that car brought my eldest sister home from the hospital after delivery ND how the car was her bestie at a time.... Talking of her treasured inheritance, the car fights for the top alongside families.... The car is family to her

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 09, 2020
cool cool cool
Gwagone:
Car brand,
Model,
Year and the reason you changed it
Although, I am still yet to acquire one
**help move to FP please**

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by ignis: 12:27pm On Feb 09, 2020
Honda Hennessy
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by ugolinze123(m): 12:56pm On Feb 09, 2020
Wealthoptulent:

No one who knows about car well goes for Nissan products! Waste of money , if u sabi car well u go know say Nissan, Mazda and GMC or Chevy no be 9ja usage. Cut off trimming belt ... bend enough valves�����
I swear you know am well
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Ayt27(m): 1:07pm On Feb 09, 2020
Brighte:
Bicycle. I haven't gotten any car of my own. But I have driven a lot of cars. Hopefully I will be kicking up with camry 2012 SE. My love for this car.

I love this car too , my first was the 2007 camry SE

I love the SE more than any other editions

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by montero4(m): 1:09pm On Feb 09, 2020
Toyota
Camry
1996 (Orobo) 4plugs
Very reliable and always in top performance through out the usage without any major fix aside routine servicing.
Sold the car after I got married and bought Nissan Altima (2006) which is also an amazing Car . Clocking 14months now without any fix at all except for oil change.

3 Likes

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by bummyla(m): 1:12pm On Feb 09, 2020
2012 Toyota Corrola! Doing Great!

Gwagone:
Car brand,
Model,
Year and the reason you changed it
Although, I am still yet to acquire one
**help move to FP please**

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Gwagone: 1:14pm On Feb 09, 2020
bummyla:
2012 Toyota Corrola! Doing Great!

Still doing great?
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Mike1871(m): 1:22pm On Feb 09, 2020
Dont have ,Still hoping for my first car
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by austino677(m): 1:23pm On Feb 09, 2020
Mires:

What of avalon 2007
no idea
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Gwagone: 1:37pm On Feb 09, 2020
Nobody ever bought Hilux as first car
Why?

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by cbngov01(m): 1:53pm On Feb 09, 2020
nissan Altima 2004 model. bought it nigerian use at 450k. used it for 2 years and sold it for N550k. Car was a darling and I still miss it.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by adanny01(m): 1:55pm On Feb 09, 2020
Gwagone:

Lol
So sorry about what the car put you through then
I can never buy any Honda products with what people say about that car, my uncle enjoys repairing that fvcking car all the time. Maybe he was destined to use that car lol
Hope your present car is not giving you stress at all. And what's the type?

I pray someday you realise that the impression you got is ignorance and you are buying into ignorance.

From the way you put it, Honda is good for nothing but globally, Honda sells more cars than BMW. The only reason Honda is behind Toyota in car sales is product range.

Next time you want to propagate ignorance, think of the reason why you rate poorly a product that is among the top 5 car manufacturers in the world and so many people still buy it.

5 Likes

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Gwagone: 2:15pm On Feb 09, 2020
adanny01:

I pray someday you realise that the impression you got is ignorance and you are buying into ignorance.

From the way you put it, Honda is good for nothing but globally, Honda sells more cars than BMW. The only reason Honda is behind Toyota in car sales is product range.

Next time you want to propagate ignorance, think of the reason why you rate poorly a product that is among the top 5 car manufacturers in the world and so many people still buy it.

So what's your point?
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Honeydenz(f): 2:48pm On Feb 09, 2020
Toyota Sienna 2004/05 model LE, still using it.
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Arisheloaded(m): 2:56pm On Feb 09, 2020
Nissan Pathfinder.
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by psalmson001: 3:43pm On Feb 09, 2020
Volvo
S60
Still driving it.
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by sheu01: 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2020
IranianSea:

Toyota Camry ( pencil ) I changed it to Toyota Camry ( big daddy 2006) when the pencil was having gear problem. Changed it again cuz of fuel consumption cuz of its engine capacity ( V6) Now using Toyota Corolla 2010 ( low fuel consumption, always on AC On, fast and with portable size, can park it anywhere. 4k fuel from Ketu Lagos to Unilorin in Kwara state and still used it for two days before I put fuel again.

***Update****
Please when you're buying one, try to buy tokunbo. Used Toyota isn't advisable. I had problem with gear of that Toyota Camry pencil cuz it was bought Nigeria used. But the big daddy and corolla was bought Tokunbo. I sold the big daddy after two years of usage ( I fixed nothing) corolla is a year and 6 months now ( nothing to be fixed) just change oil and fuel it. I believe I'm not gonna fix anything on it. Well, it see what happens when it get to three years of usage. Try and buy tokunbo car, don't buy Nigeria used for any reason.

How much u get 2010 corolla
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by sheu01: 3:56pm On Feb 09, 2020
Chidim12:
Am yet to own a car but by God's grace I will be buying my first car and am considering between Camry 1996 orobo and Camry 1999 tiny light,does anybody have any advice based on the two cars pls.

Pencil with 4 plug is better but make u buy accident free and u enjoy d ride

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by bighorlus(m): 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2020
Benz 190
Bought it in Nov 1999
Changed it to a C class few years later
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Wealthoptulent(m): 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2020
Mires:

What of avalon 2007
Get Lexus Rx 300 2000 [1mz engine best so far]
Or get 04 avalon toks... then u on flexing mode! Thank me later
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by IranianSea: 4:05pm On Feb 09, 2020
sheu01:

2.8m at Apapa ( no accident )
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Wealthoptulent(m): 4:08pm On Feb 09, 2020
sheu01:

Directly from usa... non accidental will give u less than 2.8 sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Peugeot 406 V6, And 307 2.0L: What's Your Take? / After A Ghastly Accident, How Can I Fix Or Repair This Car(pictures) / Actual Cost Of Customs Duty In Nigeria At Your Fingertip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.