Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler (31068 Views)

Travel Ban On Nigeria: Official US Statement / Should Nigerians Retaliate The US Travel Ban By Boycotting American Companies? / Trump Plans To Add Nigeria To US Travel Ban List - Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler by linearity: 11:07am On Feb 08, 2020
Good informational, but wrong on two fronts.

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

This is the 14th amendment protected right in the US constitution, an Act of US Congress cannot even take it away, talkless of a Presidential EO which is far inferior to an Act of Congress. This only exception to this constitutional protected right are children born in the US to discuss diplomats, because diplomats and their kids are not subject to the jurisdiction of the USA.

2. Immigrant Visa is the target because, they are more harder to remove from the US and protected by an Act of Congresss, therefore can’t be touched by future Presidential EOs. Visitors can be pickup anytime and sent packing to their home country even by a ‘night bus’.

Also the US still want you to come and spend all hard earned money there, without affording you a single right. They want Nigerian politicians to keep coming to spend their loot there to boost their economy....and if you take the statistic, on average Non immigrant visa applicants tend to have more money or access to money compare to the average immigrant visa applicant...this is so because as a non immigrant visa applicant, part of what you need to proof is access to lots of cash/assets to support you in the US and to fall back to in Nigeria that will serve as a drive for you to return home....but for an immigrant visa applicant, you don’t have to prove any of those...the worst case scenario depending on the category, you will be asked to tell your sponsor to submit an affidavit of support and if your sponsor is not able to meet the burden, they can ask friends, relatives...in fact any Tom dick and Harry to assist and they can get many joint sponsors until the burden is met.

9 Likes

Re: The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler by Kolping: 11:44am On Feb 08, 2020
Read this

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2020/02/nigerians-limbo-trump-adds-country-travel-ban-list-200205073329467.html

Sammarshall:

Thanks for the information, but I want to ask something.
What about marriage to a citizen?

I have a friend planing to get married to her USA boyfriend next month in Nigeria.
Re: The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler by babaarewa(m): 12:07pm On Feb 08, 2020
AlhajiImam:
The US should mind their business and leave Nigeria alone. We are better off with our brothers from Saudi, Iraq and Iran.

The US hates we Muslims and we should not be having business with them. They call us terrorists which we are not because we are obeying the Quran in fighting Jihad
Re: The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler by babaarewa(m): 12:09pm On Feb 08, 2020
AlhajiImam:
The US should mind their business and leave Nigeria alone. We are better off with our brothers from Saudi, Iraq and Iran.

The US hates we Muslims and we should not be having business with them. They call us terrorists which we are not because we are obeying the Quran in fighting Jihad
Re: The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler by EgunMogaji2: 12:26pm On Feb 08, 2020
linearity:
Good informational, but wrong on two fronts.

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

This is the 14th amendment protected right in the US constitution, an Act of US Congress cannot even take it away, talkless of a Presidential EO which is far inferior to an Act of Congress. This only exception to this constitutional protected right are children born in the US to discuss diplomats, because diplomats and their kids are not subject to the jurisdiction of the USA.

2. Immigrant Visa is the target because, they are more harder to remove from the US and protected by an Act of Congresss, therefore can’t be touched by future Presidential EOs. Visitors can be pickup anytime and sent packing to their home country even by a ‘night bus’.

Also the US still want you to come and spend all hard earned money there, without affording you a single right. They want Nigerian politicians to keep coming to spend their loot there to boost their economy....and if you take the statistic, on average Non immigrant visa applicants tend to have more money or access to money compare to the average immigrant visa applicant...this is so because as a non immigrant visa applicant, part of what you need to proof is access to lots of cash/assets to support you in the US and to fall back to in Nigeria that will serve as a drive for you to return home....but for an immigrant visa applicant, you don’t have to prove any of those...the worst case scenario depending on the category, you will be asked to tell your sponsor to submit an affidavit of support and if your sponsor is not able to meet the burden, they can ask friends, relatives...in fact any Tom dick and Harry to assist and they can get many joint sponsors until the burden is met.

Two points, not to remove from your excellent points.

1) Citizens, naturalized citizens can and have lost citizenship if found of certain crimes.

2) Regarding any Tom, Dick and Harry. Prison inmates have successfully petitioned for a Wife from prison. So it's true.

I'm quite conflicted about this ban.

1 Like

Re: The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler by Panther123: 12:53pm On Feb 08, 2020
Davidflight:

https://travelwahala.com/the-us-travel-ban-5-important-lessons-for-every-nigerian-traveler/
I think the major cause of the ban is the Bubu's visa on arrival policy that will accommodate all and sundry including terrorists who will be readily assimmilated as citizens so far they are Muslims and claim they are from Kano.
Were the records not like this before ? Why is US just waking up? Let's ask these salient questions. Our brainless leaders keep dragging us to mud.
Re: The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler by linearity: 2:25pm On Feb 08, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Two points, not to remove from your excellent points.

1) Citizens, naturalized citizens can and have lost citizenship if found of certain crimes.

2) Regarding any Tom, Dick and Harry. Prison inmates have successfully petitioned for a Wife from prison. So it's true.

I'm quite conflicted about this ban.

As to your point..

1. Yes, Naturalized citizen can be denaturalized and deported, but the bar is very high; the only obvious one is, if it was found that you falsify documents or lied to obtain your citizenship.

The other one is if you refused to testify before Congress, when invited regarding your gasification and this is status bar for 10 years.

The others are if you gained citizenship through the military and was dishonorably discharged or join a proscribed group by the US and carried arms against the US.

Don’t be conflicted, it is only a bump in the road.

1 Like

Re: The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler by CanadaOrBust: 2:31pm On Feb 08, 2020
Davidflight:
More so, the US travel ban means the US would restrict issuance of visas to medical tourists. If you can scale through, you’d just be spending your money on nothing – your child may eventually not earn citizenship.

The above made me not read the rest.

ANY CHILD BORN IN UNITED STATES IS AUTOMATICALLY A US CITIZEN!!
Re: The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 08, 2020
My dad is a US citizen,
Will this barn affect me his son? If at all I want to travel to the states
Re: The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler by DennisEche(m): 2:55pm On Feb 08, 2020
AlhajiImam:

Hehe, Muslims no de near those countries na, them de busy de shout holy land but na long que them de for American embassy
Re: The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler by molybdenum0012: 3:00pm On Feb 08, 2020
linearity:

As to your point..

1. Yes, Naturalized citizen can be denaturalized and deported, but the bar is very high; the only obvious one is, if it was found that you falsify documents or lied to obtain your citizenship.

The other one is if you refused to testify before Congress, when invited regarding your gasification and this is status bar for 10 years.

The others are if you gained citizenship through the military and was dishonorably discharged or join a proscribed group by the US and carried arms against the US.

I will be getting married to my finance next month. She is a naturalized citizen. She is so scared I will never be allowed to join her in the US. I have trier to convince her the ban is temporary and may be lifted in few months. She is still sceptical about it and I don't know what to tell her again.

1 Like

Re: The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 08, 2020
AlhajiImam:

You God needs people to fight his battle?
Re: The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler by EgunMogaji2: 3:21pm On Feb 08, 2020
linearity:

As to your point..

I’m never conflicted, just thought it was worth pointing out.

An african lady lost her citizenship because she was identified as a war torturer.

As you were.
Re: The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler by Legendguru: 3:32pm On Feb 08, 2020
Ok
Re: The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler by Dogshow(m): 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2020
zolajpower:

What's a PR Bros?
Permanent residence
Re: The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler by MOnkeyBabe(f): 1:33pm On Feb 09, 2020
Davidflight:

She stands a chance of obtaining a visa. What can't be guaranteed is a PR
But I thought you sai they blocked it?
Which type of visa will she get?
Please explain.
So even if she relocates to us with her American husband, she would always remain a vusa holder??
Thanks and GoDBless
Re: The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler by axponline: 2:42pm On Feb 09, 2020
The 10 top countries for US immigrant visa
Country Applicants
Mexico 1,206,562
Philippines 291,392
India 284,006
China - mainland born 215,858
Vietnam 210,328
Bangladesh 166,867
Dominican Republic 139,465
Pakistan 111,849
Haiti 95,151
El Salvador 62,958
All Others 835,804
Worldwide Total 3,620,240
Re: The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler by bakila: 7:48pm On Feb 09, 2020
AlhajiImam:

We are the peaceful religion. The prophet Mohammed PBUH was a man of peace and we are his servants
Muslims are not the servant of Prophet Muhammad, you are trying to sow confusion and the above exposed you.
Re: The US Travel Ban: 6 Important Lessons For Every Nigerian Traveler by Worriedgurl: 6:36pm On Feb 10, 2020
Mr OP, Nigerians are not the highest number of immigrants in the USA. We’ve more immigrants from Asian descent, Latino and Hispanic descent than Africans. Infact, we’ve more Asians,Hispanics and Latinos illegally living in America than Africans.

Whether this travel ban is politically motivated or as a result of default from our government we cannot tell. Afterall, Chad was placed on travel ban but the ban was eventually lifted after satisfying the conditions.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Must-see Destinations In Eastern Nigeria... / I Finally Got My Chilean Visa / Cow Crashes Into Car In Delta (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.