Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,265 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Need Help On .net Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Need Help On .net Programming (1046 Views)

On .net Skill. Pls Help / Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming / .netframework 2.0 On .net Framework 3.0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help On .net Programming by zillonnair(m): 12:15pm On Jun 01, 2007
I greet everyone in the house. Please i want to learn the rudiments of the Microsoft .Net but first i want to know if it could do the same thing as PHP/MYSQL, I am considering a using the microsoft .NET program to build web enabled applications, could anyone tell me if this is possible and how to go about it. Thanks
Re: Need Help On .net Programming by smartsoft(m): 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2007
If you know how to use .Net, you can use it  but if you think php/mysql will be more faster on what you wanna do then use it
Re: Need Help On .net Programming by geebengs(m): 6:12pm On Jun 01, 2007
correct! If it suits what u wanna use it for then u can go ahead and use it. But i see no reason to use a framework if it makes little or no reasonable difference.
Re: Need Help On .net Programming by yaro248(m): 12:11am On Jun 03, 2007
Ofcourse it's possible, you can perform alot of wonders with .Net, you can visit:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com
for some research.
Re: Need Help On .net Programming by IG: 5:20pm On Jun 04, 2007
Yeah, you can develop web apps with .NET. The advantage is that it's a lil bit easier.
But talking about speed am not sure it's faster than PHP (I mean in web apps) Although
I've never came across any comparison.
If you know PHP and you're only developing for the web, I think you can go on with it.
But it will be good to learn .NET cos you might discover many things in it that you have
been longing for.

(1) (Reply)

Help I Need C Compiler / 900+ Free Awesome Programming Books For Beginners. / Any One Knows About C++ Builder?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.