Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud (1341 Views)

Nigerian Men In Diaspora Destroy Their Nigerian Passports Over The 2023 Election / Theodore Orji Refused To Shake Ifeanyi Ubah (Photo) / Chinedum Orji 'Ikuku' Elected Speaker In Abia (Ex Governor Theodore Orji's Son) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by kahal29: 7:41am On Feb 10, 2020
AS part of its investigation into the probe of alleged N150 billion fraud, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has seized the travel documents of a former Abia State Governor Theodore Orji and two of his children.

Others affected by the seizure are Abia State House of Assembly Speaker Chinendum Orji Eyinanya and Ogbonna Orji.

Their movement has been restricted to the country to enable detectives conduct a comprehensive investigation.

Ex-Governor Orji, who is the senator representing Abia Central zone allegedly earned N48 billion as security votes in eight years at the rate of N500 million monthly

Also, EFCC investigators have started tracing choice assets in Abuja, Lagos and Abia State, which were allegedly acquired with funds from state treasury when the former governor held sway between 2007 and 2015.

Three of the assets were said to be in the posh Maitama District of Abuja where the sons allegedly equipped every toilet in the mansions with N12 million.

According to an update by the EFCC, the passports of the ex-governor and the sons were impounded as part of the conditions for administrative bail granted them.

A top source, who debriefed The Nation, said: “The multi-dimensional approach to the ongoing investigation necessitated that we should restrict the movement of ex-Governor Orji and his sons to Nigeria. They have a lot to clarify.

Read Also: EFCC arrests seven suspected Int’l scammers in Rivers, Abia
“So, in granting them administrative bail, we seized their passports in the interim. They cannot move an inch outside this country without the knowledge of this commission.”

The source said detectives were already tracing some of the suspected assets of the ex-governor and his sons.

The source said apart from the main petition against the ex-governor, more whistle-blowers and informants had been volunteering information which are being sieved.

One of the whistleblowers alleged as follows: “The two boys bought three houses for N250 million each in Maitama District of Abuja.

“They threw away all the furniture and fittings in them and contracted a big construction firm based in Abuja (names withheld) to refurnish the houses.

“One of the staff of the construction company alleged that the boys replaced the bathroom fittings at the cost of N12 million per bathroom.

“Their garages are littered with top of the range automobiles. The EFCC investigators should look into these and other information already provided.”

Concerning about 145 accounts being investigated, the EFCC source said: “We are yet to freeze these accounts but all the affected banks are aware that we are vetting deposits and withdrawals in them.

“We have put measures in place in a manner that those being investigated cannot tamper with the lodgments in these accounts.”

The EFCC had already quizzed ex-Governor Orji and his two sons.

https://thenationonlineng.net/probe-of-n150b-fraud-efcc-seizes-ex-governors-sons-passports/

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by clarocuzioo(m): 7:52am On Feb 10, 2020
Efcc, please there is their fotofast plaza in Azikiwe road, just after Azikiwe by georges, Aba the building is a big complex, please go and confiscate it also.

Please also ask around, a lot of people are willing to identify their properties in the state.

These thieves must face the law.

Chinedum Orji aka "IKUKU" used Vikings to be terrorising the people of Aba.

There is one idiot they claim that is heading the Vikings confraternity in Aba, by the name "MBANTA". The irony of it is that the boy did not even attend any higher institution, but he is heading Vikings in Aba. He has become a terror to people in Aba because he has the backings of the Orji's family.

Presently they gave him a pit in Aba park as a reward for political thuggery.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by tyup(m): 7:55am On Feb 10, 2020
as a full blooded igbo man I really would suggest the whole of east be ceded to our Yoruba counterpart cause in the real sense of fact we igbos are not even fit to govern a local government that why we blame buhari for virtually everything and this is the same buhari ruling southwest but yet see how developed and prosperous they are

I hereby plead to NASS to remove all our governors and give us Yoruba governors we in the south east also want to experience development
sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by Commentor: 7:58am On Feb 10, 2020
Abia state is the best.
Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by Maxymilliano(m): 7:59am On Feb 10, 2020
kahal29:

Ex-Governor Orji, who is the senator representing Abia Central zone allegedly earned N48 billion as security votes in eight years at the rate of N500 million monthly

Going by the trending pictures lately, the Ex-Governor did not only bequeath a legacy of filth, the city of Aba was practically relegated to a sub city level, where people live everyday off the waste and decay and the discards of their fellow man as described by Tracy Chapman ...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by MaliqHassan: 8:00am On Feb 10, 2020
[s]
Commentor:
Abia state is the best.
[/s]
Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:00am On Feb 10, 2020
I dey very sure that Orji Uzor Kalu was part of the whistleblower... if I go down, u also going down with me..

Furnished each toilet with N12million, what did they buy in the toilet? Place that you shit, u installed gold abi na diamond on the WC.. because your shit is precious shey..

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by Lawdis(m): 8:01am On Feb 10, 2020
....all the South Eastern region leaders past and present need to be arrested because they're not doing well compared to what other regions had achieved

they should shun party affiliation, come together and push the region forward

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by daddytime(m): 8:03am On Feb 10, 2020
These thieving ape families need to be tied to a stake and shot with anti-aircraft missiles.

Evil men.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by ikpuchinonye1994: 8:06am On Feb 10, 2020
Lawdis:
....all the South Eastern region leaders past and present need to be arrested because they're not doing well compared to what other regions had achieved

which other regions unless you meant the other regions outside Nigeria.. Other regions are the worst in the Nigeria
Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by xcabczyxabczzzz: 8:10am On Feb 10, 2020
Anytime wey I dey see this kind news, I dey feel weak to continue my hustle. Greedy bastards.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by clarocuzioo(m): 8:12am On Feb 10, 2020
tyup:
as a full blooded igbo man I really would suggest the whole of east be ceded to our Yoruba counterpart cause in the real sense of fact we igbos are not even fit to govern a local government that why we blame buhari for virtually everything and this is the same buhari ruling southwest but yet see how developed and prosperous they are

I hereby plead to NASS to remove all our governors and give us Yoruba governors
sad

You are a very useless idiot, you think any governor in the east near Tinubu for stealing?

Your obas in southwest are complaining of hunger, and you are here f.ooling yourself.

You think southwest is only Lagos.

Go to Ondo and Ekiti, and see people languishing in poverty.
Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by clarocuzioo(m): 8:16am On Feb 10, 2020
Lawdis:

Which other region?
Is it the North that is ravaged by disease, poverty , hunger and insecurity, or the southwest that their obas are complaining their people are hungry?

Tell me.

Please you people should stop being myopic, all Nigerian politicians are thieves, irrespective of tribe, religion, region or political affiliation. The facts abound.

Stop being myopic in reasoning as that's exactly what they want you to do. That's why they can do anything and get away with it.

Grow up kid.
Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by jom28gy(m): 8:19am On Feb 10, 2020
clarocuzioo:
Efcc, please there is their fotofast plaza in Azikiwe road, just after Azikiwe by georges, Aba the building is a big complex, please go and confiscate it also.

Please also ask around, a lot of people are willing to identify their properties in the state.

These thieves must face the law.

Chinedum Orji aka "IKUKU" used Vikings to be terrorising the people of Aba.

There is one idiot they claim that is heading the Vikings confraternity in Aba, by the name "MBANTA". The irony of it is that the boy did not even attend any higher institution, but he is heading Vikings in Aba. He has become a terror to people in Aba because he has the backings of the Orji's family.

Presently they gave him a pit in Aba park as a reward for political thuggery.
serious? he is gone, this man and his son,uses abia money as he likes
Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 10, 2020
Thieves....
Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by MikeBetty(m): 8:26am On Feb 10, 2020
Good, Efcc Should Beam Their Searchlight At Imo State. Sanitise Financial Dealings Of The Southeast Political Rogues In Govt Houses In Particular And Entire Govnrs In General. The More There Is Political Instability, The More Security Vote Is Increased. All The Northern Govnrs Should Also Be Investigated
Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by nzeobi(m): 8:28am On Feb 10, 2020
The annoying part is that Efcc has not started prosecuting the case and it may end in 10 years time

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 10, 2020
clarocuzioo:

You are a very useless idiot, you think any governor in the east near Tinubu for stealing?

Your obas in southwest are complaining of hunger, and you are here f.ooling yourself.

Stop giving those west boys relevance.

If you have been to Osun, ekiti, ondo, kwara, ogun you will shed tears...

I have stopped taking them. Serious.

They can snap the whole of Aba but the fact remains they are way behind.
Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by MikeBetty(m): 8:45am On Feb 10, 2020
tyup:

I hereby plead to NASS to remove all our governors and give us Yoruba governors we in the south east also want to experience development
sad
Spotted One Of Them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by Lawdis(m): 8:54am On Feb 10, 2020
[quote author=clarocuzioo post=86525079]

Which other region?
Is it the North that is ravaged by disease, poverty , hunger and insecurity, or the southwest that their obas are complaining their people are hungry?

Tell me.

If you're rich and from South East does it mean that your south eastern leader made you?

If yes.....

that means you're their partner in crime

the northerners you said are hungry is a lie because they only go to the neighbouring countries to recruit the less privileged ones to work for them and get rewarded

....then if you talk about power supply, roads and other infrastructural development they're number one, talk about leadership they speak in one voice, come to equipping schools and hospitals they're there....if you're honest, just take a look at that article again and tell me if those funds were properly utilized especially in Aba roads and power supply I think Aba would have regain her lost glory but they've embezzled on the fund among their family members.....

Please let's tell ourselves the truth OK
Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by yerilistik: 9:11am On Feb 10, 2020
This is very good news.
Abia was practically raped into coma by the Orjis
In a sane society, this kind of revelation should have triggered massive state-wide demonstrations in support of the EFCC and the present government towards bringing these wicked souls to book as fast as possible. Very sad embarassed
Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by oyin44: 9:23am On Feb 10, 2020
clarocuzioo:

you can talk about Ekiti ..but don't compare ondo state to any of the south east states
Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by Lawdis(m): 9:25am On Feb 10, 2020
clarocuzioo:

Which other region?

Tell me.

Please you people should stop being myopic, all Nigerian politicians are thieves, irrespective of tribe, religion, region or political affiliation. The facts abound.

Stop being myopic in reasoning as that's exactly what they want you to do. That's why they can do anything and get away with it.

Grow up kid.

....dude, if you're rich and from south east doe's it mean that your south eastern leader made you?

if yes....., that means you're one of their partners in crime.....the northerners you said are hungry is a white lie, because they only go to their neighbouring countries to recruit the less privileged ones to work for them and get rewarded

......then if you talk about power supply, road construction and other infrastructural development they're number one, talk about leadership they speak in one voice

Come to equipping schools and hospitals they're there making sure they utilize every single opportunity because they understood where the county is heading to....

....if you're honest enough, just take a look at that article again and tell me if those funds were properly utilized especially in Aba roads and power supply if Aba wouldn't have regain her lost glory before now but they've embezzled on the fund that's meant for public development among their family members

and you're here talking bullshit.....

.......please let's tell ourselves the truth

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by clarocuzioo(m): 9:32am On Feb 10, 2020
Lawdis:

....dude, if you're rich and from south east doe's it mean that your south eastern leader made you?

if yes....., that means you're one of their partners in crime.....the northerners you said are hungry is a white lie, because they only go to their neighbouring countries to recruit the less privileged ones to work for them and get rewarded

......then if you talk about power supply, road construction and other infrastructural development they're number one, talk about leadership they speak in one voice

Come to equipping schools and hospitals they're there making sure they utilize every single opportunity because they understood where the county is heading to....

....if you're honest enough, just take a look at that article again and tell me if those funds were properly utilized especially in Aba roads and power supply if Aba wouldn't have regain her lost glory before now but they've embezzled on the fund that's meant for public development among their family members

and you're here talking bullshit.....

.......please let's tell ourselves the truth

Oga am not talking bullshit, rather you have a serious comprehension issues.

I have no affiliation with any politician, I do my hustle myself, that's why I can talk to any of them as I seem fit because they are all useless to me.

If you have peroused my submission thoroughly, you would have understood my stance, all politicians in Nigeria irrespective of tribe are looters irrespective of tribe, religion or political affiliation. So for any idiot to come and tell me politicians from any region are better than othwrs, I will tell the idiot off, because he has proven beyond all reasonable doubt that he is a useful idiot.
Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by Lawdis(m): 12:36pm On Feb 10, 2020
clarocuzioo:

I have no affiliation with any politician, I do my hustle myself, that's why I can talk to any of them as I seem fit because they are all useless to me.

If you have peroused my submission thoroughly, you would have understood my stance, all politicians in Nigeria irrespective of tribe are looters irrespective of tribe, religion or political affiliation. So for any idiot to come and tell me politicians from any region are better than othwrs, I will tell the idiot off, because he has proven beyond all reasonable doubt that he is a useful idiot.

....in fact you're going to be jailed with them

let me write down your name.....grin grin grin

Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by Lawdis(m): 12:47pm On Feb 10, 2020
clarocuzioo:

let me write down your name.....grin grin grin...

Re: EFCC Seizes Ex Gov Theodore Orji and Sons’ Passports Over N150b Fraud by Lawdis(m): 12:47pm On Feb 10, 2020
clarocuzioo:

let me write down your name.....grin grin grin.

(1) (Reply)

The Real Hero Of Biafra War / Hausa/ Fulani Youths Intercepted On Arrival In Eket / Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.